{SE} important delivery
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Age: 25 | Height: 168cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Sineda Offline
Change author:
MP: 410
Lilliane
Now Lilliane furrowed her brows. "Sometimes, I have trouble understanding you." She seemed displeased with something. "How can it be that you decide to go against the gods of this world, yet in your world, you seemed to take their words as absolute? Because that is how it sounds to me." And she shook her head again. "Also, both in this world as well as the one I come from, even the gods contradict one another. Is your world that different? And if not, how can such a regulation be absolute?"

Frowning, she tapped the bridge of her nose. Then she watched Darkeye with a stern expression. "First, you would have to be stronger than all of them to enforce such a thing. Second, who would even willingly go with you like this. I understand not letting the warring parties have anyone just because they want to. But everyone should be allowed to leave whenever they want to. Freedom shouldn't be something they have to earn from you. And lastly, you force your opinions on everyone like that." Now she actually seemed a bit angry, though she still kept her demeanor and tone mostly calm. "You understand that everyone has different opinions. And it doesn't seem like you have the illusion that your opinion is the only right one. Then what gives you the right to decide that your opinion is the one that has to be followed by everyone?" The last question was almost spat out by her.

She turned forward again, looking the way they were heading, eyes narrowed. After a deep breath, she had her voice under control again. "Please tell me you'll at least let people decide whether they follow you and not just drag everyone you deem innocent along."
It's always
the first step
that's the most
difficult to take

Code base by Sky

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye wondered and frowned as well. "I have not decided against the gods of this world, I cannot deny their existence. Just because I am in another world, I can forget the vow I made in my world to serve Kor and do his will. Of course, there were disputes between the gods, but they settled them among themselves most of the time. In mine, there were twelve main gods and they had children, no heralds, but similar in a way. There is a deity for almost everything. The rules appeal to common sense and are designed to appeal to it. It says something different for everyone." Darkeye tried to explain it, which turned out to be more difficult than he thought.

Darkeye wondered did he say something wrong did she have a heat stroke or what was it that upset her so much. He tried to explain calmly. "You can achieve that with diplomacy. The feather is stronger than any sword. But once the people who have asked for the protection of the town or village I want to found, they can't just take up arms again without putting all the other members of the community in political danger. Of course, they wouldn't be prisoners, but to be able to leave, it would have to be clearly discussed whether they would be allowed to come back." He hoped this was an explanation that would help clarify what he meant. "Because something like this can't be done without a leader and not without clear decisions. Yes, I have a very clear opinion about something like this, so a council would be better for such a project. We have different ideas like you said. If you were there, that would be a good plan, wouldn't it?" Darkeye was serious

"I'm not a tyrant and I'd appreciate it if you didn't ask me to do that again. I don't take anyone against their will in something like this. That would not work and would be absolutely inhumane. I'm not a monster, I'm just trying to help and I think that you should apologize for this statement alone." Darkeye was angry and walked a little faster because he didn't want to yell at her.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lilliane Baker
Cook

Age: 25 | Height: 168cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Lilliane
Again, Lilliane shook her head. "I don't get it. How can something be clearly regulated when the rules say something different for everyone? That aside, if you try to stop the war, you are in a way going against the gods of this world. Since they are the ones who want it the most."

Lilliane took a deep breath to calm down. "The feather is stronger than the sword is a nice saying. Unfortunately, that won't get you much if the person you are talking to has no interest in listening to you. Especially in a conflict situation. You need something to back up your words. In your world, that was probably the fact that you were a war priest. That was your leverage for people to actually consider your words. What do you have now?"

Then, she nodded slightly. "Now that is an entirely different beast compared to what you said before. It might be that I misunderstood you earlier since what you said sounded a lot like you deciding if they even get to leave. That they don't get to come back if they leave to take up arms is entirely understandable."

Lilliane raised an eyebrow. She let the idea sink in for a moment before answering. "No," she said firmly. "I have no interest in being the leader of something. Where you plan to fund a city, I just want to create a safe space, a hideout, to wait it out. People will want to return to their own homes once this is over."

The frown returned to her face at Darkeye's statement. She took a moment to reply, trying her best to remain as calm as possible. "What you said earlier made it sound like that. My assumption was a logical conclusion of your statement." She clenched the map she was holding a bit tighter. "Also, are you aware that even if someone intended to apologize to you, you demanding it drastically reduces the chance that they actually do so?" She refrained from saying any more.
It's always
the first step
that's the most
difficult to take

Code base by Sky

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
"Because some people think that rules don't count for them. For them, it is like an opinion. That is why everyone must hear or read the rules in understandable words. Even the gods want to protect their believers. No one makes this decision arbitrarily. But yes, if need be, I will stand against them. I don't want to do that, but if it were a matter of life, I would do that too."Darkeye tried to explain why he acted that way without revealing too much about his beliefs.

Darkeye thought for a moment,"My understanding and experience of war and what it does to people. I try to appeal to people's understanding and compassion. I know that the chances of achieving that are slim. But that doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't try. So far, I have received invitations to audition and I will clearly discuss what I intend to do. That will ensure that I create the place and hopefully, it won't be burned to the ground right away." Darkeye was aware of the situation but that would not stop him from his plans.

"Why can't it be both? Why not establish a Village that can serve as a hiding place. But I understand if you say no to that. I just imagine it would be difficult to provide food and water for months, if not years when so many fugitives come." Darkeye went over everything. Water, food, medical care, stamina, and morale were all points.

Darkeye stopped for a moment and turned his head so that it cracked and puffed a few times before continuing. "I am a war priest but also one of peace, one of my tasks is to fight and recognize tyrants. I think you forgot that in your logical conclusion. You have insulted my faith and person and still refuse to apologize. I am aware of that, Lilliane, but as you said, I speak very openly." Darkeye was deeply affected and angry, but tried to hold back. She was just an ignorant child. Intelligent but still ignorant.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
Lilliane
Lilliane sighed. "So let me recap. The gods clearly regulated who was considered innocent and who wasn't. By rules which appeal to common sense. Which say something different for everyone. Because some people don't think they have to follow these rules. Do these statements not contradict one another?" She pinched the bridge of her nose with two fingers, brows furrowed.

"You can always talk to people and tell them what you intend to do. The issue is, I doubt you have any leverage for when they decide they don't feel like agreeing to your intentions." She shook her head again. "The main thing about a hiding place is that it needs to be hidden. Hiding a whole city is difficult. And for it to flourish, it needs trade. Which, since you seem to want this city to continue to exist after the war, is necessary. Because if the city doesn't flourish, what incentive do people have in remaining over returning to other, well-established cities?"

When Darkeye stopped, Lilliane stopped a few steps away from him. For a moment, she remained there, looking at him. When she spoke, it was slower, words chosen carefully. "I may have come to a wrong conclusion based on not having enough knowledge about your profession. This was meant neither as an insult to your person, nor your faith. Merely a reaction based on previous statements during our conversation. I am sorry if this has insulted you personally."
It's always
the first step
that's the most
difficult to take

Code base by Sky

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye took a deep breath. It was more difficult for him to explain than he thought. "Was there nobility in your world? In mine there was, and they had changed the laws so that some of them didn't affect her. Such rules are clearly understandable but not common sense. Everyone is equal when he is born that is my opinion which I also like to represent. That is why the gods have tried to explain it to you differently. I have brought many of them to justice because Kor told me to. I am aware that it sounds macabre but some laws of humans are just absolute bullshit." Darkeye didn't want to tell how they were held accountable. Nor how many times he had broken the law because he believed it was not right. He had this freedom partly because of his status as a cleric.

"I don't have any leverage you're right and I'd rather have one. It would make it easier to protect people. I want the people to be self-sufficient and I don't need any trade, just water, and enough food from the surrounding area, nothing more, nothing less. Of course, a functioning trade route would be better but that brings the risk of envy and greed. The village can be demolished after the war, but no war lasts only a few days. I fear that this war of the gods will last for years. They can return quietly afterward, and those who want to stay are welcome to." Darkeye tried to explain his point of view - it was about the people, not about power or influence.

"Thank you I know I come across as very stubborn and strict very often. It's just I have so many new things to get used to. I have lost a lot. I suspect you feel the same way. I also apologize for my behavior." Darkeye couldn't behave like before, this was a new world. He was no longer the strong man of the past whose words carried a lot of weight in the world. He must learn to adapt again. Had he become comfortable?
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
Lilliane
Lilliane nodded slowly. "It seems like we were talking about two different things. In the beginning, when you said that the gods clearly regulated who was innocent and who wasn't in your world, I think we were both speaking about those regulations made by the gods, right? Then the rules, which are different for everyone, are those made by people. Did I understand that correctly? Because until now, I thought you were speaking about the regulations of the gods all the time."

At first, Lilliane furrowed her brows. Then she shook her head. "A village won't survive for years with just water and food. They need to repair their houses if they get damaged. They need clothes. Tools. Furniture. This means you have to find people with the appropriate jobs to live in your village. Tanners, carpenters, tailors, smiths, etc. Or you need trade to get the things your village can't make on its own. You also need to provide some means of entertainment to the people in your village. If all they do is stare at the wall all day, they will become restless and in the worst case, aggressive."

"No offense taken," Lilliane said and started walking again, waving for Darkeye to come along. "I think everyone who was brought here has lost something. Everything their life was previously about, in fact. Everyone has to decide for themselves, how to deal with it."
It's always
the first step
that's the most
difficult to take

Code base by Sky

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye nodded at her. "Right, I'm rambling, I'm sorry. I mean that the laws come from the gods but humans and other beings still have the free will to implement them or not. Gods can intervene only up to a certain degree. I apologize for this misdirection."

Darkeye listened to her and tried to understand her points. "I don't see it that way. Sure a trade route would be important but not absolutely necessary. The most important thing is water food and a roof over your head. It won't be boring because the people and I would have to work on learning or realizing all the other things you listed. That may not be possible for everything. But there are always people who bring skills and making the best of them is important." He tried to explain what he meant by that. How long had he survived without trade roads and having to provide for himself and his clan.

Darkeye went after her again, trying to keep up. "I agree with you on that." He liked Lilliane because she didn't say yes to everything but often came up with good arguments and presented her view.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
Lilliane
"No need to apologize," Lilliane said with a smile. Though only a moment later, she turned serious again. "I wonder how much the gods in this world can intervene. From what I heard, they seem to be quite active in all of this." She shrugged slightly.

For a moment, Lilliane remained silent, thinking. "I am sure that you would be able to live in a cave or little hut in the wilds for several years. Basically spending your time hunting and gathering, getting food, water, and necessities for the day. However, the people you want to take into your village are supposed to be the civilians. They will be farmers, merchants, kids, elderly. Most of them won't be able to live in such a way. And many of them won't want to either. And as for learning the things I listed earlier, many generations of people have been necessary to bring certain professions to their current level. And to learn something - carpentry for example -  you usually go to someone who can do it and learn from them. Or read a book about it, if no teacher is available. But you usually don't just go, chop down a tree and hack away at your own measure and expect to learn carpentry that way. So unless you have someone who knows how to do these things or a bunch of books on the topics, I doubt it will be as easy as 'learning the things'. Especially since at the same time, you will still have to get water and food every day." Lilliane took a deep breath after this monologue. Then she looked over at Darkeye, waiting for his reply.
It's always
the first step
that's the most
difficult to take

Code base by Sky

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye considered before answering. "It seems like they're getting heavily involved here. I've heard reports similar to yours. I don't know if that's good or bad, to be honest. How can someone be free when their every action is judged by the gods? Maybe I see it too critically." He took a sob of water and went on.

Darkeye looked at her curiously. "There are books in your world that carry on this knowledge that's impressive. In our world, there were only teachers and you had to spend a lot of time learning the craft. In our world, scholars learn how to read and write. But I digress. I understand your point Lilliane. It is as always a good objection. I will have to relearn a lot of things, I agree. But some things you know. A table usually has one big leg or four smaller ones. I think the most important things I am able to implement themselves. The rest is the luxury that I would like to offer the people. I have to start small and see what develops from it. But you have once again given me a lot to think about." He gives her a friendly pat on the shoulder.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
Lilliane
Lilliane shrugged. "But it's better than them not answering prayers at all, don't you think? Still, with a whole war about to break out because 'the gods said so', I get what you mean."

Brows slightly furrowed, Lilliane tapped her chin with one index finger. "There are two issues I see with this. First, while a table has legs and a plate, that is not the difficult thing. What's difficult is learning the right techniques to get the plate relatively flat and even. And to attach the legs to the plate in a way that will hold enough weight. Make sure the legs are the same length. Attach enough legs in the correct positions to have the table balanced. Everyone has a rough concept of a house. But not everyone can build one. And it's mostly the same with many jobs that require craftsmanship." After that, she left a moment of silence, to let the words sink in.

"Second, even if you decide you are capable of hunting. And of making tools, and building basic huts, and making basic furniture. How are you supposed to do all of this at the same time? Time is limited. You'd have to go and get food and water, build furniture, tools, houses, make repairs, and so on. For all the people within the city. And teach them how to do these things at the same time, which would slow down your own workspeed a lot if you do it simultaneously. I doubt this is logistically possible." She looked at Darkeye with a slight smile. "Please don't get me wrong, I don't mean to belittle your idea. I merely want to point out the possible problems I think you might run into."
It's always
the first step
that's the most
difficult to take

Code base by Sky

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye could not imagine what it must be like when prayers are not answered at all. But she had a good point, sometimes it's better if the gods are silent,

He nodded. "Those are two very good points. I can't say much against it, to be honest. I'm going to find a place to do this first and build a cabin there and see who comes. Otherwise, I'll just have a house in the middle of nowhere. If someone comes I will plan it with him. But as long as it's just me I think I can handle it. I know what I need. But I can not look into the heads of the people. I don't want to be able to. I thank you for that advice." She had many good points he really couldn't say anything against it but that wouldn't stop him from at least trying.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
Lilliane
Lilliane nodded as well. "That is a viable approach. I only suggest that if you continue to advertise your idea of a town to people, you prepare for them to come. And probably, it will mostly be people without the skills you need." She left a short pause before speaking again. "I wish you a lot of luck with your plans. I really hope it will work." And she gave Darkeye an encouraging smile.

Difficult topics set aside for the moment, they continued on for a while, checking the map and compass every now and then to stay on course. Then, something came in view. "I think that might be it." She took another glance at the map. "This should be the place where we need to go, based on the directions I was given."
It's always
the first step
that's the most
difficult to take

Code base by Sky

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He smiled back at her. "I thank you for your good advice, and I also thank you for those words of wisdom. That's something I have to think about." Darkeye had not been aware of them, but he had to find a solution. He tried to keep a clear head. He drank every now and then. But he was careful not to use the water they were bringing to the oasis. He planned how to deal with it.

Darkeye looked around. He was trying to find a shrine or something similar. Or did they just have to pour the water into the oasis and that was it. "I have no idea what we should do now, to be honest. Should we worship a deity who will take the water from us?" he asked into the blue.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky