meet me here [se]
cordelia
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH

Noah stood outside the door of his family's house for what seemed like forever. He could feel Cordelia's warm breath on his shoulder as she rested against him, waiting for him to be ready. One of his hands held the latch to the door, while the other wrapped around Cordelia's fingers.

Finally he entered.

For the first time in his life, he stood in his home that was cold and empty. His heart sank with the deflated hope that maybe Zeke had come back and had been tending to the hearth, but the deep cold of the air and floor and walls, the dust gathered, and even the snow coming in from a broken window in the kitchen gave evidence to the opposite. Since Noah burst from this door on the night of the Ascended attack, no one else had been here.

He sucked in a deep breath.

Hours passed with Noah working silently to bring the home back to where it needed to be. He started with the fire. He cleaned out old ashes and the chimney. Then he built a raging, roaring fire within the stone fireplace. He sat there watching it come to life for a long time before he could get up and continue to restore what once was.

I want trees instead of gravestones
nothing to confess
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Coredelia

Coming back home was interesting to say the least. She had gone to her own family, gathering what meager belongings she had there, bringing them here to Noah's home because that's where she belonged now. It occurred to her in passing that this might be difficult. That the last time he'd been here was the night of the attack. What that all meant now? Well, that was something else entirely. She can feel the ache in his heart and the way it is weighed down by the significance of the cold. Cordelia shouldered it all, taking it and feeling it with him as she stepped inside.

While she wanted to linger by his side, worry gnawing at her as honey eyes tracked his movements, there were things to be done. A list to go through. It was something she learned as a young girl. Rules and expectations that were to be followed coming home after an extended absence.

She started with the bedroom. It was easy to remove the musty sheets and air out the first, replacing them with freshly laundered ones, making the bed properly for the first time since Noah woke in the middle of the night. Next it's the living area. All of it wiped down and cleaned. Dust swept away, snow banished from inside, and finally the window boarded up in the kitchen until they could get new glass. Curtains were drawn back and what little sunlight they can get poured into their new home. The stores are checked and she arranged what little nonperishable items remained, smiling as she realized there was enough here to make sweet bread should she run to the market.

Cordelia doesn't say anything until she's back, placing the necessary ingredients on the clean counter, already beginning to stole the fire of the wood stove. Only then does she seek Noah out, "Noah, dearest... I went and picked up a few things. Thought it might be nice to make a treat?" Cordelia murmured as her arms slipped around his waist from behind, moulding herself against his back and savoring his warmth.
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting for you
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH

The time passed as the pair cleaned and worked, and honestly Noah had not noticed at all when Cordelia had gone to the market. He was too consumed by what needed to be done, focused on boarding off the bombarding emotion of it all from the bond. He knew she would be dealing with her own feelings, and he felt that she did not need to bear the burden for them both.

In her absence, Noah had moved towards the meat processing and storage room. Like each section of the house he worked before, he stood for a long while taking in everything about it. It seemed that in his exile, the stores had been emptied. He didn't know if it was by the people he normally fed, or by the others who knew he was gone, or by the Palace workers ordered down by Morgan. He didn't need to speculate, all he needed to do was inventory what was left.

There was little.

With the weight of what he was feeling, Noah didn't hear the door open when Cordelia brought herself into the storage room. Her arms wrapped around him, though, and he jumped slightly. Letting go of a breath, he turned in her arms to look down at her. He placed a gentle kiss to the top of her head. "That is a good idea." He murmured as he buried his face into her hair, closing his eyes and taking in a long drag of her warm scent before moving back into the main part of the house with her at his side.

nothing to confess
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Coredelia

The stores might be empty, but they could refill them together. They would refill them together. They would breathe life back into this home and into Halo. Whatever pieces of themselves that had been scattered and broken could be patched up. Fixed and bolstered. Cordelia would see to it herself. It was a silent vow she made as he turned, wrapping his own arms around her slender frame, dropping a kiss to the top of her head that pulled a sigh from her lips. Things already feeling like they were falling into place.

She stayed still until he decided to move, fingers laced with his as she tugged him towards the kitchen, a smile spreading on her lips as she stepped into the warmth. "I know everyone has their own version of sweetbread here, but I thought we could make mine." It was one of the few treats to be had here in Halo. The recipe didn't consist of much and therefore it was easy to make. Halo, while full of tradespeople, didn't have access to the same things other surrounding territories did. Cordelia had brought some things back with her from Torchline, though. Honey, dried fruits, spices, herbs, and extracts that weren't so easily obtained in their frozen home.

"Will you get me a large mixing bowl?" She asked, giving him a task to focus on as she pulled out the few extra ingredients she needed, recalling from memory the measurements as she did so. "How is your family? Is Ezekiel faring well?"
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

"That sounds good." Noah let a smile wrap across his features at the mention of the sweetbread. It sounded delightful, truly, in the wake of coming home. It would be nice to have something baking in the stone fire oven above his hearth. "Did your mom teach you?" He asked as he reached above her head for a bowl. It was his only large bowl, the rest of them only sized enough to eat a portioned meal from. "Is this big enough?" He asked, setting it on the cool, stone counter beside her. "My mother used to just knead everything on the surface." He regarded, knocking it with a knuckle.

"Oh, well, I'm not sure, to be honest. I've seen very little of him since the portal opened. As soon as Zeke could leave Halo and explore the rest of the world, he did. He'd always been so full of wonder and a thirst for adventure. I hope he's okay, wherever he had ended up." Last he knew, the younger Olson had settled in Torchline for a few seasons.

nothing to confess
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Coredelia

It was easy to return his smile, allowing herself to lean into him for the span of a breath as she measures out the first bit of flout, "She did. I learned when I was barely five." Cordelia murmured, holding his glacier gaze, feeling the tensions of the past few seasons slowly melting away. Pouring the dry ingredients into the bowl, Cordelia let the yeast froth and grow, adding in next before beginning to mix it by hand. The wet stickiness of the dough was a familiar comfort to her and she couldn't help thinking this might be the first of many things cooked in this kitchen together. "It's perfect." Cordelia confirmed, turning her attention to the task at hand.

"That will come. I always find it a little easier to do the initial mixing in a bowl." Otherwise the liquid went everywhere. There was far too much of it at the start. A soft hum pushed past her lips as she turned the dough out onto the counter, motioning for him to add in the fruit so she might knead that in as well. "I'm sure he is. If he's anything like you, love, he will have made himself successful wherever he landed."
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Her smile melted some of the cold tension he felt in his bones. Having found his home in such a state was quite shocking to him, but with her here, beautiful as ever with her skin glowing against the stark light from the window before her and the warm glow of the hearth on the other side, the Sentinel relaxed.

Noah took a step closer to her, his height shadowing her from slightly behind but still to the side. As she spoke and worked the beginning of the dough, Noah brushed some of the stray hair from her braid back away from her neck and laced gentle kisses beneath her ear. He hummed against her earlobe before standing tall again, trying to change his focus on what she was doing. When she motioned, he followed her instructions. He dumped the fruit in in two batches, giving her time to mix in the first section before adding the second.

"We should leave some of this for trickster spirits. We used to do that when we were little. Zeke always loved it, but he would try to take other people's treats to see if he could get the spirits to play tricks on other households." Noah chuckled lightly, and his hand lifted idly to rest on Cordelia's hip as she kneaded the dough.

nothing to confess

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
When you see something out of the corner of your eye, turn to look, and see nothing at all, what should you conclude? That you were having a hallucination? Or that your peripheral vision is perhaps not to be trusted. Ask yourself, are you tired? Drunk? Under the influence of something? Is the lighting good? Are there lots of moving shadows about? Are there reasons you have to think that your mind is playing tricks on you?

Because...well, because it would be absurd to think that out of the corner of your eye you had just seen a house. A house with a figure slamming its hands against one of the upper windows with enough force to shatter it, and then...

Well, then you looked and it was gone.

Nah, you're probably just tired.
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Coredelia

She could feel the tension rolling off him in waves. Even if they weren't connected with the Attuned bond, Cordelia would be able to still feel the state of his emotions, but she felt it all acutely. The love and adoration he was putting off was mirrored right back by the hunter as she pressed against his chest when he slipped behind her.

His fingers brushed along her neck, goosebumps rising in the wake of his touch and she tilted her head without a second thought, exposing the long column of her throat to him as his lips found home there. The hunter's movements didn't falter as she kneaded the dough, mixing in the first portion of fruit and the next, hating the littlest bit of space between them as he drew back to allow her to work.

A quiet hum rose in her throat, doing her best to ignore the sudden need swirling in her belly, "We should. I used to do that too. Not the stealing part." Cordelia huffed a soft laugh, finishing her kneading and wiping her hands on her apron, draping a cloth over top so it might have time to rise. Twisting around to face Noah, Cordelia slipped her hands up his chest, arms looping around his neck as she stood up on her tip toes to claim his lips in a kiss.

If they found there way to the Ursur skin rug in front of the fire place while the bread rose, exploring each other completely, forgetting about the outside world for a while then no one could really blame them. Eventually she does pull herself away from him with promises to return, slipping the loaf into the oven and repeating the process all over again until the smell of sweet bread and a growling stomach brought her from his arms. No one could really blame her for quickly placing the plate outside the door and rushing back to her lover, feeding him bites of bread between kisses before it was completely forgotten all over again, warmth finding its way back into his home.

~FIN <3~