Mini Event Yet another Warden
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
Sah

The unlit pyre stood in the center of the Citadel; the fallen Warden placed on its flat surface as if she were merely asleep. The healers had dressed her in a warrior's garb, an echo of what Morgan once was. Surrounding the pyre were the most vibrant of flowers found across the tundra, and others from across Caido that people had portaled in. Sah didn't really understand the want for flowers but those who helped him arrange this had been adamant.

Beyond the pyre there was a banquet of food, local delicacies right alongside more comfort foods. The Outlander had a feeling this would draw more people in then the actual funeral. He couldn't blame them, the food looked great.

Once the sun began to set, it was time to begin. As people gathered, Sah stepped up and began to speak. "Good evening. We all know why we're here. To pay respects to Morgan Aristomache, the Glacier and Warden of Halo. I might have not known her long, but her love of Halo was clear. And despite everything, she consistently did what she thought was best for her people."

The Outlander sighed as he glanced at the crowd, "Let's send her off properly to whatever comes next." He raised a brow, "And for the love of the Gods keep things civil. I know some of you might hate each other but this is a funeral. Let's not start the war here, please." With that, the pyre was lit.

The flames began to trail up the pyre until Morgan had disappeared into the flames.

This is the funeral ME of Morgan! Have your characters come say goodbye if they want. All are welcome. I'll keep it open for a bit (especially for those of you who are KQ locked at the moment.)
I think there for I am,
But what if all I do is bleed?
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

Ooh, free food.

Theo really couldn't care less about Morgan as a person, but he was a self-declared politician now, so he made his way through the funeral looking solemn and mournful and not even stealing anything. If his rounds tended to include a lot of stops at the food tables, well, nobody could blame him for feeding himself properly, could they? He had to put on some fat before Deepfrost.

And everywhere Theo went, he spread whispers: whispers about how Morgan's council had failed to protect her, about how Morgan's noble stance of neutrality might not be respected -- or, if he thought the person he was talking to might not want that neutrality, how it might not have to be respected now. What had Morgan been doing up in Whitebrim anyway?

Theo never, of course, said anything that might besmirch the late Warden's reputation. He never even outright blamed anyone for her death. And he didn't explicitly ask anyone to vote for or even consider him, either -- that would be tactless, here at the previous Warden's funeral.

He just planted some seeds -- a doubt here, a fear there. And always, always came the thought, as if it had just occurred to him, that perhaps Sah had failed Morgan, that perhaps Sah would fail Halo.

Theo

"Poker" by ND Strupler is licensed with CC BY 2.0.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Tal hated funerals.

But he was there anyways, representing the family and ready to haunt the snack table until the Captain-turned-Warden-turned-corpse finished her final send-off.

He eyed Sah as the other man said his peace, and snorted softly at the call for civility - but kept it under his breath. Palming a handful of nuts for later, the courier headed for the pyre and stopped in front of it, eying the shape in the flames with a complicated expression and hunched shoulders.

"Well... Dad always said you were a good captain. I dunno about the rest but... Yeah. Hope you get to share a drink with him again, now." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and then turned abruptly and headed back to the snack table. Those fancy appetizers weren't going to eat themselves.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005

Funerals were never the event he wanted to attend. But when the arrangements were made and all was said and done, it was he who would ignite her funeral pyre. When it was time, Noah's arrow aimed true and engulfed the ex-Warden in flames thanks to Deimos' enchantments on his quiver. Pulling the bow back over his head, Noah listened as those gathered gave their words. He sent a silent prayer to Mort, asking the god to offer forgiveness for Morgan's alliance with the Voice and give her soul peace.

Having finished what he needed to do, and not ready to say anything yet, Noah stayed near Sah. The fact that they were at Morgan's funeral was not lost on him. He knew where he was, what these people were experiencing, and the tension in the air was tangible. However, all the demigod could think about was Korbin. He didn't get to have a funeral like this, despite his love for this place and his history within these mountains. He was set to rest on the oceans of Torchline, and it was a shame.

When the courier came and said what he could, even as awkwardly as he said it, Noah merely uttered "May she burn brightly."

Noah Olson

cold in the violence after the war
hope is a fire to keep us warm
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
ache first, but then let the cuts close
spit out the blood
There would’ve been times beforehand where he might’ve been more than just mildly melancholy at the semblances of Morgan’s death. Now it came with the normal reticence; from time and belligerence, from altered opinions, from dangerous lines tread in snow. He stood towards the back in his furs, hands in pockets, piercing eyes following over the rest of the gathered. There were some other stupefying whispers from some individual he didn’t know, and so he didn’t even bother – too detached, sliding back into Reaper habits. Plans had already been made. They wouldn’t be stopped this time.

There were some contradictions and refutes to Sah’s claims about Morgan in his mind, but he remained mute. It wasn’t the time, nor worth the energy wasted. Instead, his stare eventually went to Noah’s arrow and flames – permitting a moment for it to all catch, kindling snapping, smoke rising –

Remembering Rexanna’s own pyre – a twitch in his jaw beginning to form from clenching it too tightly.

And then he unfurled more into the fire, giving and granting more to his elemental incantations, so it was a true conflagration.
watch your body pull itself back together
then let your soul do the same
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Tal jumped a little, startled at being addressed by no less a personage than the Sentinel himself. He covered for it as best he could, nodding jerkily and swallowing hard. "I'm sure she--"

Whoosh!

From the Sentinel's lips to the fire's...ears? The timing was downright uncanny as the fire suddenly roared up with fierce enthusiasm. Tal didn't know that Deimos was the source, so instead his wide eyes fixed on Noah and he swallowed again past a suddenly dry throat. Rumors and legends were most of what he'd heard, but seeing the magic and the miracles with his own eyes was another experience entirely.

He backed away from the demigod with a respectful bob of his head, and made a tactical retreat towards a wall to gather his pride and his wits, trying to hide his shaking hands in his pockets.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
Despite the dread in the pit of her stomach at what the Glacier’s death means for Halo and her family, Wessex shows her face. Proudly. Unhooded and dressed in simple black leather that makes her look about as wan as she feels, the Wraith stands in the back - well away from the fire. Her eyes linger on the back of people’s heads - some familiar, some not. Some she wished she didn’t see.

And while she wants to linger here to give the former Warden a proper send-off, she cannot help but feel pressed for time. “May she burn brightly,” the Wraith repeats, remembering the very same words she’d said at Weaver’s funeral. Her lips tighten and her jaw clenches and though no tears come, she is mourning Morgan… and Sam, and Bastien, and Mabel all at once. On the inside.

When she feels ready, she silently snakes her way through the crowd to Sah’s other side, clears her throat, and offers him her hand. “I know I said it earlier, but I appreciate you letting me know. Be well.”

{that\'s it for W!}
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
Sah

Sah watched the funeral silently as it began to wind down. When he spots the Wraith, he gives her a nod, pleased that she was able to come as she intended. He'd been worried that the rising tensions would have prevented her attendance.

When Wessex offered her hand, Sah took it without hesitation.  "Of course. You as well." He knew that in the coming days there was a high chance they'd meet on far less friendly terms. For now though, Sah was glad that he'd at least been able to offer the Demi-god a chance to say good bye to her friend.

Once she'd taken her leave, Sah glanced back at the pyre. The fire was still blazing, and he found himself falling into silent vigil once more. Soon the fire died out and with final goodbyes said, it was over. The Outlander hoped that Morgan would find peace in whatever came after. And on some level, he was glad that she wouldn't have to see the war that she had so clearly dreaded reaching Halo.

-{FIN}
I think there for I am,
But what if all I do is bleed?