(SE) die a little to survive
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
Mature Content Warning 
Breathe in now, do what you can
It’s a quick dive from the chaos of Stormbreak, a quick slip out under the cover of the night, right over the crest to Torchline, shifting from dragon to bird to make it far less assuming when he arrives. The last thing he needs is the people of Torchline to mention a dragon when the information from Stormbreak breaks and at this point, Sunjata doesn’t know what’s happened yet either.

He doesn’t know if Nate, Wessex, Amun, or Edy are even going to make it back. But one thing the Flood is good at, it’s pretending. Putting that mask on, slipping into the streets of Haulani, a towering figure that moves through easily. It isn’t like he can truly hide here and that’s not his intention. It’s a quick trip to the Portal from here, and now that his face is seen, well, it’s easier still to peruse the night markets, to pick up a few things here and there and act as though nothing was amiss.

He can do that, he can put that mask on. And he does. And he wears it well, even with the fresh bite marks on both sides of his neck over his compass tattoos.
the flood
And fuck the rest, you know it's all beside you now
totally sniped from odd ilu
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

There was little time for her during the day to complete the things that she wanted to do. Being Queen came with plenty of responsibility and it would surely come with more once she hears of the attack on Stormbreak, but for now she can continue living in somewhat bliss. The Nightshade drifts through the market almost lazily, stopping at different stalls to find materials suitable for her first ever lantern, needing to make one for Adam. Her friend deserves one. He deserves much more than he ever got.

Her movements are slow and almost sluggish. Jade eyes drifting from stall to stall, completely lost in her own thoughts, finger tips occasionally reaching out to brush across different items that manage to catch her attention briefly. She doesn't even notice Sunjata, too lost in her own thoughts to notice his familiar form, drawing in a slow breath of salty air in an attempt to clear her head.
Fight so dirty, but your love's so sweet
Talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Typically, he wouldn’t be here to shop completely, not with everything on his mind, not with the point of this endeavor, no. But that’s until something catches his eye, a bolt of blue, a smooth silk that his him drifting closer. It’s with a one tracked mind that he steps closer to it, encroaching on the space of Maeve whom he doesn’t quite recognize right off the bat either, until he’s reaching out to run his calloused fingers along the silk.

Finding it not as he hoped, his hand drops, that focused mind falling into the rest of the bustle around them as his attention flickers to who he stands beside. “Well, if it isn’t the Nightshade.” He hums in greeting, a hint of amusement flickering across his face briefly (the Nightshade, out at night, ha get it?) as he scans her before returning his attention to the fabrics of this stall.
the flood
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

There are very few things that make Maeve falter these days. Even fewer voices that make her stop in her tracks. Despite everything, Sunjata's still does that, reaching her ears in that familiar rumble that still manages to make her stomach flip. She doesn't realize he's beside her until he speaks, crowding into her space and towering over her, grey eyes sparking with a hint of mirth. Maeve fumbles with the bit of colored glass she's holding, nearly dropping it , but she gathers herself quickly.

Jade eyes slip towards him, looking up at him from beneath thick lashes, a smirk curling on her painted lips. "And if it isn't the Flood. What brings you to my shores?" She purrs in response, giving the merchant a nod as she places the glass into her basket, already thinking of how she's going to use it in the lantern.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Still blissfully unaware of the affect he has on her – imagining that Locke is still around, that he’s perhaps talked to her about his proposition from back when (something he hasn’t particularly thought about until he realized he was standing right beside her) – it makes it all that much more amusing when she peers up at him. “Passing through, mostly.” He offers with his accented rumble, reaching out to lift a silver trinket, a compass that he scans briefly before he hangs it back up and steps back, giving her an amount of space, his gaze flickering back down toward her. “Sometimes I’m nostalgic for Torchline’s wares.” He offers the explanation easily, before flashing her a crooked grin.

That and it is my birthday and you know how much I love the ocean.” A wink is sent her way before he glances down to the basket in her hands. “Why are you out so late?” The question leaves him just as his gaze lifts to her face again, scanning those jade eyes with curiosity stemming in his steel.
the flood
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Locke isn't around. Not in that capacity. Nor does she know about the proposition that was presented to him. Had she known, the Nightshade might have pushed for it to happen, but alas. She was in the dark. How fitting. It was where she thrived, after all. Maeve hums quietly in return, "Nostalgia has a way of bringing us to our old homes, doesn't it?" She murmurs, huffing a quiet laugh as she goes to slip away from the stall, but she doesn't go far. Only a few steps as to not block it from anyone else interested in browsing the wares there. "That I do know. Come to take a late night dip, beastie?" Maeve arches a dark brow, a smirk curling on her lips as she adjusts her hold on the basket just as his eyes drop to it.

"Just taking some time for myself. Getting a few things to make a lantern for the festival." It's a simple enough response. One that he could press into if he was so inclined, but she's not sure if he is inclined. Maeve looks up at him once more, "Care to join me?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It certainly does.” He agrees easily, his body turning slightly as she steps away, watching her for a moment before he shoves his hands into his pockets, moving to follow her. What else does he have to do tonight anyway? Her question of whether he’s taken a late night dip has a warm laugh leaving him, his head tilting this way and that, his earrings dancing over his shoulders with it. “How do you know I haven’t already?” He poses the question, bouncing a freshly scarred brow from Ronin in her direction.

He nods as she mentions the lantern, his gaze drifting from it to focus on something else, the path perhaps, the bustle of people, the eyes that drift to them and away (rumors still spreading, though Sunjata’s recent conversation with Frey has him far more relaxed about it, carefree, careless.) “I’ve already made my lantern this year, but, I can offer some company.” He flashes a small smirk her way, stepping up a bit more to stand beside her, hands still in his pockets. "Where to next?"
the flood
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

His laugh draws a smile to her lips an she snorts in response, rolling her eyes at him, "Because you aren't dripping wet, darling. I know how long it takes for your hair to dry." She's seen it wet enough times to learn such things. Maeve glances back up at him, head cocking to the side and causing her curls to fall over her shoulder, the dark locks catching the rays of moonlight that cascade from above. "I wouldn't be opposed to going, though. I've gotten better." She drawls nonchalantly, wondering vaguely if he'll actually believe her word or not.

There would always be rumors. There would always be whispers. That would never stop. Not with the way Torchline worked. Not with the way they fell into each other before. There is nothing to make Maeve care, though. Locke was gone again, out of her life in the ways that mattered and she was no longer tied down to anyone in that way. She wasn't sure she ever would be. "You know I'll never turn down your company, beastie." Maeve gives him a wink of her own, an almost sweet smile playing on her lips as she lets her arm loop through his, leading him down the lane. "I only need a few more things."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Oh, some things have changed, though.” He hums to her, pulling a hand from his pocket to wave around his shoulder, creating a small little ball of water that he loops through the air around himself, before letting it spread out to drop at his feet. It soaks onto the stone street, until Sunjata draws it up again with another wave of his hand. “Have you? Are you sure you’d like to take a dip with me after the whole encantado ordeal?” He shoots back at her with a smirk, as he lets the water vanish from his hand.

He snorts lightly to her comment, though, his arm lifting just enough to let her wind hers through it, content to follow and walk beside her as she gathers the last few things. “I was hoping to get a chance to talk with you about something I asked Locke of earlier.” He begins, his gaze departing from the moonlit street to glance back down toward her. “A little help for my quest from Frey.” He prompts, wondering if he needs to explain the entire thing or if she’s already been informed.
the flood
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The little water show is appreciated, even if some of it does splash onto her feet, a few drops getting onto her pants. Maeve's brows lift towards her hairline, jade eyes tracking the movement of the water until it finally disappears once more, "Well, aren't you a fancy boy." She drawls, huffing out a soft laugh as she continues forward, leading him deeper into the night market. "I've decided to give you a chance to redeem yourself. Seeing as you almost got me killed." It's all in jest. The Nightshade having mostly forgotten about the encounter.

He mentions Locke and she purses her lips, eyes flicking up towards his, meeting steel with curiosity glinting in her eyes. "Oh? Locke didn't mention anything about your quest from Frey..." Not that Locke really mentioned much about his conversation with Sunjata in the first place. Maeve draws her bottom lip between her teeth, drifting away from him to pluck another item from a stall, placing it in her basket too. "What are you meant to do?" Given that it was Frey, Maeve has a few ideas, but she's not going to assume.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Mm, a bit.” He rolls a shoulder in a shrug, a small playful smile tugging on the corners of his lips before she continues forward, leading them further into the markets and the night, Sunjata’s gaze leaving her to glance around the stalls, looking for anything else that piques his interest. So far, nothing, though he supposes he can’t complain too much. It’s leafchange and there isn’t a whole lot here he hasn’t already seen, become familiar with, from when he was Governor here. Her joke, though, brings a surprisingly deep laugh from him, shaking his head to her. “Fair enough. I suppose I could indulge in an apology swim.” One that wouldn’t get her killed, now that he has that fancy magic under his belt.

He glances back at her when his question is aired, though, the mention of Locke not telling her was something that did surprise him a fraction, his brow rising briefly before his attention is dragged away again. “Interesting.” Perhaps he was waiting for Sunjata to ask first – though the prospect he thought would be easier coming from the Attuned rather than himself, given his and Maeve’s history. Regardless, he watches her place another item in the basket, before he scans her face again. “I’m supposed to help people have sex.” He puts it relatively bluntly. “Figured I’d set you two up on a date so long as I got the promise you’d both finish.” This is punctuated with a wink before he looks away from her back down the street, his gaze darting between the people that mill about still. “But, I haven’t been to Torchline in some time to ask about it.” So here he was, asking about it, roundaboutly of course.
the flood
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"A bit? Darling, as much as you downplay it, you're very fancy." It was in the way he carried himself. Occasionally coming out in the way he spoke. Despite being gone from Korofi for some time, there were a few things that he would never be able to shake. That aristocratic air was one of them. She bumps lightly into his side, jostling him as they walk, playfulness thick in the air. For once she's feeling light. Maybe it's the change in the weather, but likely it's the company. It feels the way it did before, but without all of the other bullshit involved and Maeve revels in it.

Especially as his laugh echoes into the night, vibrating through her bones and pulling a bright smile to her lips, pleased to have earned such a reaction. "You absolutely can and as queen I demand it." She drawls, tossing him another wink as she leans into his side, steps slowing to a more leisurely pace. It isn't until her question is aired and his brows raise that she notes his surprise. Maeve huffs a soft laugh, "That was never a problem for you before, beastie." Maeve quips, a dark brow arching as if to say 'what's changed'. He continues on and her smile finally falters, lips pressing together into a thin line as her gaze drops from his and she shakes her head.

"Rather hard to set two people up on a date when one of the parties wants nothing to do with the other." She mutters, irritated that every time they speak her relationship seems to have fallen apart, but Maeve does her best to bottle that up. No sense in bringing down the mood. "Unless Frey approves of some self love with an audience... Not sure I will be much help." Unless sleeping with her counts, but are they willing to cross that line again? Even if it's just for a night? They have so many times before, but things were finally okay. The idea of ruining that all for a few orgasms leaves a bitter taste on her tongue.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Well he wouldn’t exactly say he’s very fancy, but he’s always been a bit modest in that regard. Using that part of himself when he needed to, but otherwise keeping it mostly tucked away aside from the pieces that he can’t fully hide. So he nods, conceding the point to her, when she bumps into his side. Her hip brushes by the outside of his thigh and his steel gaze dances to her with amusement, a playful roll of his eyes. “Ack, you’re demanding things now?” The accented rumble teases her.

Oh, it hasn’t changed much.” Though he will say that a few things get a little less fun when you’re getting off with the god of sex. But that’s beside the point when her demeanor changes and he’s a bit slow to catch up, brows inching just a fraction together as she offers what she can, and Sunjata racks his brain over the implications it could spur. At the end of the day, though, sex was sex. It didn’t have to mean anything. “I see.” He hums. So Locke had left, and that left that pairing off the table. But given his recent encounter with Hotaru under much of the same circumstances, Sunjata allows himself to be a hint bold.

The elbow her arm is wrapped around tugs her against his side, the scarred eyebrow rising ever so slightly. “I could be the other party. It still counts.” He suggests, his voice shifting closer to a conspirators whisper. Besides, it isn’t like his body still feels like it’s thrumming from the Ascended bites earlier that he’d had to bite down, finding no relief with it given the direness of the situation. “Provided you don’t mind.” It was up to her, of course.
the flood
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Her laugh is light and airy, melodic as it sounds in the night air, mixing with the sound of the sea that crashes along the shore of their once shared home. Maeve feels the brush of his thigh against her hip, the heat apparent even through layers of clothes, making her shiver even in the lingering heat that sticks around despite the fact that Longheat has left them. Jade eyes flick up to meet steel, a spark of mischief dancing in her irises as she looks up at him from beneath thick lashes, "You used to like when I made demands of you, Jata. Used to like it a lot." Her voice dips into something more suggestive, smooth and sweet, dripping from her lips like honey.

No, not much has changed. Not at all. He's still just as enticing as he was then. Maeve decides to let everything else go. The irritation of her failed relationship. The choices Locke made. The war. Instead she chooses this moment. This feeling that he still manages to elict from her. Perhaps it would always be like that. Even if the feelings weren't the same. The physical? That hasn't changed. It likely wouldn't.

He stops her from moving further from him, instead tugging her until she's flush against his side, lips parting with a soft sound of surprise. "Ah." She murmurs, the word more of an exhale than anything, feeling her stomach swoop as she has to strain slightly to look up at him. "You know I don't mind, beastie. We always have a good time, don't we?" When they weren't falling apart. When they weren't fighting and at each other's throats. When there wasn't others putting pressure on them.

"How about this... Let me finish my shopping and make my lantern. Then we'll see about that swim and the rest, hm?" Her brow arches, lips curling into a smirk as she lifts up onto her tip toes, arm shifting from his to loop around his neck. A kiss is pressed to the corner of his mouth and he should know it's a promise.