Time to talk
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye walked towards the Greatwood and tried to remember the details of the path. But there were too many impressions at once. He was excited and nervous at the same time, hoping to speak to Remi, who had answered his letter. Not only was he a leader of a city, but he was also a demigod. Darkeye wanted to ask him about the war of his form and the future, so he went to the edge of the Greatwood and hoped to be caught there. Maybe he can help him and explain the situation from the perspective of Greatwood. With paper ink and his weapons, he continued towards the meeting place. Only after looking around several times, he saw the treehouse. Darkeye called out. "Hello is there anyone I am here at the invitation of your leader Remi".
each for one sin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
This scar I can't reverse, when the more it heals the worse it hurts
'Come on up.' Comes the sound of a voice from within the Treehouse. Darkeye will see a ladder that he can climb to reach the interior. Once inside, he'll see a fairly basic structure: dome-roofed and with a couch or two and not much else, the Treehouse is sparsely decorated.

Sitting at a desk is Remi Taliesin. With a head of curls and sea-glass green eyes, the most striking thing about him is perhaps not his obvious strength, but all of his scars. Life has not been easy for him, especially not the past few years, and it absolutely shows. Still, as he looks up at the other man, Remi smiles warmly if not a touch boyishly. "Hello." He says, grinning. "You are Darkeye, I assume?"
REMI
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye went up the ladder, wondering about the simple furnishings but not wanting to be rude, he put his weapons and backpack down at the entrance. He again wore the black robes with red sutures on which the symbol of Kor could be seen on the belt. With a wooden sword he got from Deimos, a dagger that seems to come from a dragon's tooth, and a book with a black matikor on it, he went into the room and looked at his surroundings.

Darkeye immediately went down on one knee and looked at the floor didn't know what the customs were here so he wanted to start with the most polite greeting. "Lord Talisin, I thank you for answering my letter. I just wanted to say that Deimos as well as Juniper told me about you. It burns in me to speak with you."
each for one sin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The man who appeared was perhaps not when Remi had expected, but still the alchemist greeted him with a warm nod. At least...until he began to bow. "Oh, no. Please—" Shaking his head and extending a hand that was missing a few fingers, Remi shook his head. "There is no need for that. And please, just call me Remi." At best he was a Guardian, but for those who knew him, he really was just Remi. Powerful and strong yes, but certainly not deserving of a title so grand as Lord.

Gesturing to one of the chairs, Remi moves to sit back behind his desk. "So what did you want to talk about?"
REMI
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye rose and hesitated for a moment.  He looked at Remi closely, trying to remember every detail of him, even every smell he gave off or this room. The scars Remi had did not scare him, rather he found them attractive. It showed that Remi was a man of action, not just talk.

Darkeye took a seat with the book of Matiokor on his lap. "Remi I would like to find out before the war starts how each instigator, lord, or queen feels about the matter. I want everyone to have a chance to tell me their view of the reasons for the war. I'm going to get to the bottom of the truth and use this information to create a chronicle," Darkeye tapped the book.

"The reason is simple. War crimes are reduced when there is information about them. As I mentioned in my letter, I am not from this world. But I am still a priest of Kors. A god of war and I have heard that there is no such thing here. Therefore, I think it is necessary for someone human to write down the scriptures." Darkeye knew that questions would come with this statement. He could have gone into more detail. But he wanted to give Remi the opportunity to sort out the information for himself and ask questions about what he was most interested in.
each for one sin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Glancing from Darkeye's face to the book in his lap, Remi nods his understanding. 'I was not from this world, either.' He is from it now, he supposes, now that he's one of its demigods. 'Was Kor...one of your gods? Or...?' Tilting his head the alchemist wonders if information about Kor might help him better understand Darkeye and what sort of alignment the other man had.

As for his views on the war? Sighing, Remi runs a hand through his curls and then folds his arms comfortably across his chest. "As a demigod of Ludo I am forced to participate in this war. I have no choice." He begins, shrugging. "I have many friends who are ascended though, and if there was a way to avoid his conflict, I would. I do not think that there is though. Too much blood has been shed on both sides now."
REMI
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"I still serve him Remi. I'm convinced I can still act on his behalf. But no I don't think he is known in this world. If you want to know more about Kor or me, I will gladly tell you if you wish." There was no doubt or hesitation in Darkeye's words, he said them with rock-solid conviction.

"Everyone has a choice that makes and human conscience belongs to ourselves and we must still be able to look at ourselves in the mirror without feeling bad. But if you could explain it to me in more detail, I would be grateful." Darkeye didn't want to be rude, but he didn't quite understand. "That's why I want to write this book here, to minimize future conflicts or leave the violence to people who want to wage war." Darkeye tried to explain.
each for one sin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Tell it to him? Gods, but that would take quite a while. Still…if it was what Darkeye wanted…

“The Voice was once a regular woman. Not a goddess, I mean. Mortal. Long ago the Abandoned were called the Acquired. She lived in Stormbreak, and used her abilities to try and…better things around her. What she thought was better, anyway. The Old Gods and their followers did not appreciate her meddling in what they had made, but the Voice was convinced that she was helping. She was kicked out of Stormbreak and sent into the world where she began to create her ascended.” Running a hand through his hair, Remi leans forward and leans his elbows against his desk. “That is how it all began, as far as I understand it. The Voice began to create her ascended, and the Old Gods demanded that she stop. It went against the natural order of things. It was their world and she was breaking their rules.” To this, Remi can only shrug, not offering his input as to what he thought of it.

“Then the war came. Hundreds died on both sides, and the whole continent had to deal with the consequences. Unable to kill her, they put up a barrier around the Hollowed Ground to keep her and the rest of the remaining ascended contained. That lasted for…centuries.” Pausing, the alchemist looks at the war priest. “But the Voice found a way to bring us in. Outlanders, like you and I. She was able to reach out and pull us here in the hope that eventually someone would figure out a way to lower the barrier.” Remi drums his fingertips on his desk. “About…5 or so years ago, that happened.

“ Now..here we are, on the verge of war again. The Voice won’t stop, won’t release the souls of the ascended, won’t concede. “
REMI
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye opened the book, some of which had loose pages, and picked up his charcoal pencil and began to write down what had been told, word for word. He had questions but he didn't want to interrupt Remi. So he continued to write down all the information he heard that was confirmed by the previous stories.

"Then I now have some questions whom you allow Remi." Darkeye shook out his wrist and placed wax paper between the written pages. "What was the name of Voice? How did she want to help? Why did the gods see her as such a threat that they imprisoned so many innocent people with her? And if you were there Remi, why are you fighting for the old gods now?" Darkeye had more questions but he didn't want to ask too many at once.

"Because the souls of the Ascended do not want to be released, they serve the Voice out of conviction, not out of fear or anger. If you kill the Ascended, you still have the problem that Voice can't be killed, you're just shifting the problem." Darkeyed expressed his thoughts and wanted to share his opinion on the eradication of the Ascended.
each for one sin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi nods, happy to answer what he could. Unfortunately, Darkeye’s first question was not one he knew the answer to. “I do not know what her name was before they started calling her the Voice.” He replies with an apologetic shrug. “The Voice was the one who made the portals, which allowed for movement across all of Caido. That was one of her more obviously good creations. But…she kept trying to improve Rae’s creations. To give them better eyesight, to make them faster. On the surface I suppose these seem like good things, but it wasn’t how Rae had intended their creations to be.” The alchemist explains. “She was a threat because…simply, she made herself too powerful. She killed many early on when she was creating her early ascended. I suppose…think of it like a parent and a child. Rae is the parent, Caido their home. Whatever you think about the Voice and what she was doing, whether you think it right or wrong, ultimately this is Rae’s world. Rae decides what sorts of things are brought into life here, and so it was up to the Old Gods to tell her to stop. Up to them to say what she was doing was unacceptable.” Remi sighs. “This is their world. They get to decide. It was an act of mercy creating the barrier. Better to carve out a bit of the world where the ascended could live, rather than killing them all. But now that she has broken out, she leaves the Old Gods no choice.”

Rubbing his fingers across his eyes, Remi pulls in a breath and slowly lets it out. “I made a deal with Ludo many years ago. If it would save the life of a friend, I would do anything it asked. Now it holds my soul and the life of one of my sons.” In short, he was bound to the herald. “Ironically, that friend Ludo saved is now an ascended.” Remi adds with a hollow laugh.

Frowning, Remi shakes his head. “That is not true. Many have tried to leave the Voice, but they cannot. They will die without her.” Sam had, Remi remembers, and he had started to die almost immediately.

As for whether or not the Voice could be killed? “I think she can be killed. The Old Gods tried to imprison her before and now that that hasn’t worked, this is their only choice.”
REMI
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye opened the book again and wrote down what Remi told. When he was done writing, he closed the book and briefly flipped to another page, stopping at the entry for Wessex and pausing for a moment. "Innocent families, women, and children who only want to live in peace with their God, locked up under a dome with monsters and left to fend for themselves, where they are at the mercy of diseases, where no herbs can be plowed to help against them and there is not enough food to feed themselves, I would not call mercy. But maybe I don't know every detail. This is just what I heard from the other side. It's understandable that Rae doesn't like to be talked into it. Stagnant means dead. Do you know these words Remi? Is there no way to coexist?" Darkeye wanted to know from someone who was described by many as a good man what he would say. Peace was becoming more and more elusive.

Darkeye looked worriedly at Remi. "That's not exactly an easy deal but it sounds to me like you're not a servant of your god but a slave. What god would need to scourge the soul of a child? If I have said too much, I apologize, I have also made a mistake with Kor and made a pack with him, but I am still the master of my decisions." Darkeye clenched his fist at the statement and his look showed that the statement made him very angry. The so-called old gods were no better than Voice.

"What happens to the ascended ones if you manage to kill the voice? Will you be able to save them from that fate if they lose their connection to it?" Darkeye was concerned that the death of Voice would result in many more deaths than the aftermath of the war.
each for one sin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"With what monsters? The ones that came at LongNight were creations of the Voice." Remi says with a shake of his head. "And for the rest, the heralds were within the dome as well—Safin, Ludo, and Frey." As for coexistence? Rubbing at his eyes again, the alchemist can only shrug. "I honestly do not know. As long as the Old Gods want the Voice gone there will be no peace. And for all of the violence she has caused, convincing them otherwise is likely not possible."

Taking no offence, Remi can only nod. "You can call me a slave then. You asked why it was I was helping. That is the reason. I could disobey, though. That is still my choice." It's with a sad smile that the alchemist watches the other man's anger bubble to the surface for a moment, understanding the sentiment all too well.

"Without the Voice, they will die unless something can be done." Remi says, frowning. "One of my best friends is an ascended, so I would find a solution if there is one to be found."
REMI
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye always waited for Remi to answer, he had good arguments. He rubs his hands first to get a better feeling in the hands."Did you know, Remi, that they also have to defend themselves against them? Those who lived under the cupola had no idea what was happening, and many were said to have died. It seems that Voice has no control over them. And as for the heralds. They are so against the ascended that I can't imagine much help coming from them. Safrin is supposed to be very sentient. Ludo is unaccountable. Frey is supposed to be the most reasonable of all. There should be peace and coexistence. The gods should rather try to find a solution to the problem than provoke a war on the backs of the people. Kor would take up arms himself in such a situation, and not just let his servants fight." Darkeye tried to make counter-arguments. He did not know how it was. But he would try to ask the gods about it.

"But then you would be risking your child's life. You are a father, a father does everything for his child to save it, even if these things might be wrong. But I'm glad you're helping in your own way." Darkeye played with his beard to calm himself down.

"Then killing Voice can't be a solution. Not if you want to save people.  I will do my best to save all of you, anyway." Darkeye knew it was a lofty goal, but not an impossible one in his eyes.
each for one sin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"So you see the problem for yourself then. The Voice created monsters she could not control. Monsters that killed her own ascended and the others. This is why she is a problem and a threat." Listening to the other man, Remi waited until he had finished before shrugging his shoulders. "They tried to reason with her. Centuries ago, but she continued on."

Silently the alchemist nods. "Exactly so. I would not risk his life." There were ways in which the alchemist was trying to prevent the war, or at least to make it not so dangerous, but he did not know Darkeye well enough to tell the other man of his plans.

Raising his eyebrows at the boldness of the other man, Remi simply nods. "I wish you the best of luck."
REMI