Time to talk
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"Then you're still human and have an opinion, right?"Darkeye smiled at him and flips back to their conversation and continues writing.

Darkeye shook his head. "Gideon was found on the border of the Hollow Grounds," he said. "These are facts that cannot be refuted. He was a man who had often hurt the Ascended badly. If you say that it was an act of one man, the act of the others must be considered as such, since it was not an official attack. But the act of a few and they should be punished for it." Darkeye remained calm and wondered about Remi's statement.

Darkeye wrote along and then looked up with a very puzzled look and surprise in his eyes."Did you notice that you just denied yourself twice? First, you say there are no innocents and then you say Ronin didn't try to bring down the tower but then you say he did?"Darkeye shook his head. "I'm aware that there was a hospital there, so I'm going to investigate it further and find out what happened. If that is what happened. Then the attackers as well as Ronin will have to be brought to justice. I hope to get an audience with him and hear his side of the story." Darkeye had the feeling that Remi was not very neutral about the whole thing.

"The sign that represented in has been destroyed. The Order is no more but the suffering it brought is still real." Darkeye took a breath and the topic went very much in one direction. "What is the history of the Greatwood? What happened here so I can put it in my book?"
each for one sin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
This scar I can't reverse, when the more it heals the worse it hurts
Remi raises a brow. “Then let it be so. An eye for an eye, and all that.” He says. “My best friend is an ascended, and I would not enact vengeance against her because of what the others did. “

Exasperated, the alchemist folds his arms across his chest. “You know just as I do that there are more than one way someone might be innocent. That those who died in the attack on Stormbreak might not have been innocent of everything, they were at least innocent of anything that would have resulted in their deaths without so much as a trial or even a second thought.” And as for Ronin? He shakes his head. “When one cuts off the branch of a tree you do not say that he was trying to cut the tree down. Pulling down a few boulders that will not result in the collapse is not the same as targeting structural weaknesses to intentionally make the Tower fall.”

Pressing his teeth together and inhaling as calmly as he could, the alchemist looked out over Darkeye’s shoulder to the Greatwood beyond. Gods but he was growing tired of this.

“The Greatwood was once home only to the fae. They lived within these trees for centuries, relying only on what the Wood could provide. They were not part of the war that ruined this world. When the barrier fell a few years ago, understandably those within became curious and began to wander into the Woods. The fae told them to leave and for the most part many did. Wessex did not, repeatedly trespassing. The ascended were then banned, and still they came. They tried to burn down the Mathair, which the fae consider to be a sacred tree here—later we realized she was in fact a goddess—and killed a handful of fae in their efforts.” Sighing, Remi pulls his sea-glass stare back towards the other man.

“Now the fae have grown a bit more trusting, but Ludo has installed me here to act as a defence against the ascended should they try and invade once more. “

"The sign that represented in has been destroyed. The Order is no more but the suffering it brought is still real." Darkeye took a breath and the topic went very much in one direction. "What is the history of the Greatwood? What happened here so I can put it in my book?"
REMI
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"I'm glad to hear that the hand of Ludo is still so very human that he has friends but still favors none." Darkeye tried to sound calm.

"It sounds like you know more Remi. Maybe you can tell me more about it I only have reports from one side right now. I know a lot about stone Remi, and a tree and a tower are not quite the same things."He noticed Remi's posture and knew from his gesture and his many interrogations that this was a sign of defense or repulsion. "I will question Ronin about this and then disclose this information and expose it in all major cities."

Darkeye flipped to a blank page and began writing down what he had heard. He already knew part of this story from Deimos. Would compare the stories later.

He nodded to Remi and wrote that down again too.
each for one sin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"It's a metaphor." The alchemist snarls exasperatedly, before catching himself and forcing his eyes closed as one of his hands clenches into a fist. "Think of it as knocking an awning off a house then." He adds.

As for the rest of what the pair might talk about? As it was, the former-dwarf had now entirely pushed the limits of the demigod's patience. "We are done here." So saying, Remi stands, abruptly sliding his chair back behind him and raising a brow in the other man's direction. "You are argumentative and far too self-assured for someone so new to this world. Perhaps my husband will have more patience for your questions, but I do not." In all likelihood, Ronin absolutely would have much more patience, and would certainly handle things with far more grace, but such were the differences between the two men.
REMI
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye looked a little surprised. "I'll make up my own mind if it was just an awning," he said resolutely. "Metaphors aren't exactly my strong suit, to be honest."

Darkeye stood up and bowed to Remi. "I didn't mean to upset you Remi. If it should be so I am sorry. I thank you for the information I received from you. I would have liked to talk further and ask you the questions I had for you. I have the questions that have revealed themselves to me on the basis of the information I had received. I will talk to your husband and maybe he will answer some of my questions. I am confident because I fulfill my duty because Kor is with me. I am definitely not quarrelsome. I'm trying to shed light on this whole mess, but it seems that no one wants to expose it and point fingers at other people rather than admit their own mistakes." He writes down these words and shows Remi their whole conversation on the pages without changing them. Then he closes the book and turns to leave.
each for one sin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
“Or maybe those who have the information you seek simply do not wish to be bossed around by a newcomer with lofty ideals and commands from a god no one has heard of. You come across as ignorant and rude, not confident.” Had the same been once said of Remi? So what if it had. The Lullaby was not in the business of being gracious.

“I am sure you can find your way out.” Uninterested in what the other man had written down, Remi inclines his head towards the door to fully indicate that the conversation was over. Hopefully the trees would allow a quick exit for the former-dwarf so that he needn’t linger any longer within the Greatwood than was necessary.

~FIN
REMI