[Se]You need sweet things
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye walked through the streets of Halo. He wandered aimlessly and tried to organize something to eat. He liked the cold, it reminded him of his home in the mountains. The tunnels he dug as a young dwarf. The keeping watch. But also the family and friends he had lost in his captivity. He knew that they were now in a better place.

He got himself a delicious stew and some dark beer and actually ate outside next to a fire. He still hadn't talked to the gods or hunted a panther. Too much had happened in a short time. People who were important to him had died. The task that Darkeye imposed on himself had priority. He ate comfortably and enjoyed the fire crackling.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
The Sword traversed back over roots and foundations, starting in the market. Where he’d been well stocked in Torchline, there hadn’t been ample time to hunt efficiently out on the Tundra, and his house was still as boxed up and empty as it had been before a swift and sudden exile. Eternally hardy, and furtively supportive, he found those he’d admired and utilized from seasons before, making trades and promises on sessions in the barracks all in due time, permitting a few laughs that resounded easier and easier as time progressed. Within an hour, he had an adequate amount of wares and food for the upcoming week, and several other projects the season required, turning down the street back towards things registering as home.

With Belial hooting and leading the way, gliding above the survey of people, the peryton noticed Darkeye first. His habitual outcry of excitement rampaged, making several others scurry out of the way, as he descended in a rush. Deimos, with a sigh, followed along, predicting he’d have to pry the peryton away from some children again.

But to his surprise, there wasn’t a cluster of kids that his companion was gathered around, but the familiar outline of the elder warpriest. “Darkeye,” he rumbled, shifting his bag over his shoulder. If there was some mild bewilderment in his voice, he didn’t try to hide it. “What brings you to Halo?”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye was just sitting by the fire and eating. When Belial landed next to him. He was briefly startled by the outcry of the Perryton. Not sure if it was Belial, he stood up and bowed to the beautiful creature. "Sit next to me, I won't hurt you."

As he was about to continue eating, he saw a familiar person approaching. "The world is very small here, I have the feeling. Greetings Deimos. Sit down. Are you hungry I invite you with pleasure. The beer here is okay as well as the stew. it helps against the cold. What do I do here? It is simple, I eat."Darkeye laughed lightly. "No seriously I was hoping to talk to the leaders of Halo much has happened. Many have died recently. I thought that was just for my area. I would have loved to have been wrong." Darkeye had dark circles under his eyes, indicating that he hadn't slept much lately. In general, he seemed exhausted from the recent events.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
“Sometimes,” he murmured in jest, eyes going from Belial and back to Darkeye. At the invitation, he gave a quick smile. “I would, but I have some things to do at home,” and he gestured with his jaw forwards, as the house itself was a few streets over. “You are welcome to join me,” where there’d be a roaring fire, a table, and shelter, and he wouldn’t have to sit out in the cold.

Despite the laughter, his features took on their habitual reticence the moment the topic of leadership started. With a slight wrinkle to his nose, his gaze looked down the length of the snowy avenue. “And even if you speak to Sah now, things may change again soon.” His brow furrowed only slightly though, at the mention of more death. “Have there been others besides Morgan?” In the flurry of news and banishments being lifted, the Sword likely missed multitudes of other tragedies and debaucheries.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"Then I'll finish my meal quickly and then we can go home to you. So we can talk more privately. We can still exchange something and then we cook at your house." Darkeye quickly finishes his meal. He drains the mug of beer in one go. He stands up with a loud belch. "Thanks for the food." Darkeye takes the dishes back to the dealer. Swaps a few ingredients, for cooking on the way.

"What exactly happened here do you want to tell me? I have the feeling that this is the calm before the storm if you know what I mean." Kor would soon change his face to become a blood god
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
With a hoot, Belial took to the air again, clearly intending to lead the way home. Deimos followed along, ensuring Darkeye did the same, strides sweeping and sure as they crossed along another street, then roamed upward. The journey was hardly anything of note; the soldier nodded his head towards strangers and familiar alike, while the peryton soared above, wings taking a flurry of beats.

But conversations could be had, a low rumble beginning in his chest. “The former Warden, Morgan Aristomache, was found dead in Whitebrim.” The voice lacked solemnity, merely facts persisting through reticence, turning another corner before coming to the house on the end, taken up near the barracks. “There have been a few scouting and investigating parties set out, looking for clues as to how she died. It was not the usual dragon attack.” His brows furrowed, and then he turned the knob, opening the door and permitting Darkeye to enter.

All the older gentleman would see upon wandering in would be the kitchen and table – the wooden fixture unfortunately covered in boxes and dust, as he hadn’t had much opportunity to unpack since the banishment, and subsequent coming home. But the fire was roaring in the hearth, with Zuriel curled up in front of it – her head raised a fraction as they entered, then a soft snort following through.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye followed with his gaze as Belial rose into the air. He hesitated for a moment. Only when Darkeye heard Deimos, he follow him towards his house.

Darkeye's attention immediately turned to Deimos as he said this. "An accident or murder?" Darkeye thought about it and tried to make sense of it all. "Dragons can be eliminated... Do you have any other clues to describe the wounds, for example? Or indications of scales or fur teeth?" Darkeye pondered. He then went into the house.

Darkeye bowed to Zuriel and put down his things. "First we clean up here, then we talk some more." Darkeye grabbed a bit and started to clean the room.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
“That is what we are trying to find out,” and he inclined his head a fraction in some form of a hapless shrug; placing his bag down on the kitchen counter while he went towards the boxes. Taking one, he offloaded it into the main sitting room, uncertain what he’d placed within nearly a year before, and not in the mood to unpack it all over again at the moment. As long as the table was cleared, he’d be content.

He thought about apologizing for the state of the house, but then figured it wouldn’t much matter. His mind went to other notions and schemes, tending to another container as he repeated what Sah had told them. “I did not get a chance to see her,” not before they ushered in a pyre, and he stood guard, sentinel, at the funeral. There'd been others ushering in a search party, as long as scouting for clues. “Sah said there were marks of four paws, large claws, and feathers.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye walked roughly through the dining room with the broom and opened the windows. The old smell of dust and dirt had to get out. He just pushed the boxes aside and tried to create a comfortable atmosphere. "You haven't been here in a very long time, have you? I thought you lived in the guild." He called to Deimos, not wanting to sound rude, but Darkeye's curiosity struck again. "If you need help with that, let me know, I'll be happy to help,"Darkeye said sincerely.

When Deimos said that, Darkeye hesitated and interrupted his work without turning to Deimos."I was there too, but it wasn't the right time to talk to you." Darkeye swept the dirt out of the door and quickly closed it again, closing the windows. He put more wood in the fireplace."I'm sorry Zuriel, but that has to be." Darkeye bowed again to the Unicorn, hoping that he had not offended him."The size of a dragon? Maybe I can help?" Darkeye thought of a griffin but did not know if they existed in the world.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Windows opened, a strong breeze flickered through, rivaling the heat of the fire. Deimos would permit it for a scarce few moments, just to get the renewal of air, before closing it slightly, not wishing for the heat to be lost. It seemed the cleric had the same notions anyway, reaching them again before the Sword had the opportunity. Once the boxes were cleared out of the dining room, he took a rag, dampening it with some water, and began going over the table. The words from Darkeye weren’t harsh, but they prompted a sigh. “That is a long story,” and one he’d had to relive over and over by way of nomadic wanderings. “But you are right. It has been about a year.”

Zuriel scoffed for a moment, before settling back in front of the hearth. With the table cleared off, and the chairs dusted, it was beginning to look slightly inhabited. The soldier maneuvered back to the counter, proceeding in the same steps. “I am not certain about the size.” He hadn’t heard otherwise. “We have griffins and daemons in Caido, however, these would have been quite large, and I have not heard of any daemons venturing out of King’s End.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye mustered him for a moment, shaking his head, and picked up the goods to cook that he had traded-in. "Now that it's clean we can get the stove dirty again I think a good old stew will help. Or do you have another idea what we could cook?" Darkeye unpacked some ground beef with bones as well as potatoes and spices. But the onions smelled amazing. "You can tell me who you like but you said there is food here and that is more important to me personally right now." Darkeye smiled and winked at him. The sighs of Deimos came every time he didn't want to talk about it. He had already learned that much from Deimos.

"That makes me nervous, to be honest." Darkeye's mood had become somber, the thought of more and more people dying, especially in high places, meant that war was not far off. "I'm sorry, Zuriel. Where is Belial?".Darkeye looked around and couldn't find him. "You suspect there's more to it than that, don't you?" Darkeye frowned and smelled foulness, but it was only the eggs that had been lying here too long that he quickly brought out.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Having discussed the topic multiple times with others on varying levels of circumspect, derision, and scrutiny, the distraction of food was enough to warrant the subject away. Nodding, his eyes scanned over the mustered ingredients, inclining his head and arching his brow in residual curiosity. “Stew would be fine.” He crouched down towards the cabinets below the and near the stove, retrieving several pots and pans. “I intend to make some sweets for Ludo, later.” That’s what he’d traded for – a majority of, anyway.

Placing water in the pot, and testing the stove to ensure it still worked, his mind went to the potentials of the clues, of the mysteries, of the enigmas surrounding Morgan’s death. Ordinarily, and he was quite tempted, to put the semblances behind them – it wasn’t like they hadn’t done so with dragon attacks. Was the only difference in the way she’d been mauled? “There could be. But I will await further judgment until the scouting parties return.” With either more discoveries, or nothing at all.

Right on cue, likely from smelling the food, Belial made another grand entrance, floating and drifting down from the top of the stairs. He hooted once, then went towards the unicorn, deciding to curl up beside the fire as well – though his gaze was pinpointed straight at the potential for morsels and tidbits.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye set about peeling and slicing the onions. Without looking up, he asked Deimos. "Sweets for Ludo, you want to tell me what it's all about?"Apparently, this was not the first time Darkeye cooked. Once the onions were done, he moved on to the potatoes and waited for an answer. He didn't want to bring up the previous topic because Deimos didn't answer the question.

"If you want I'll be happy to help you with that Deimos you only need to say one word. But I'll have to move on soon if it's okay I'll stay the night. I need to see how things are going here and then move on. I have a lot of people to talk to." Darkeye would prefer to stay longer to help Deimos with the investigation. But his duties did not allow it. Darkeye stopped his work, "It's going to get worse. This wasn't the last death in a high position, we need to find out what the circumstances really were." He then went back to work on the potatoes.

"Yes, you don't have to look so greedy, you'll get something, but only when it's ready, you glutton" Darkeye smiled in Belial's direction to show that he meant no harm
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Finding the cutting board, the Sword snagged at the meat, refining it into tinier bits for this aforementioned stew, presuming it could boil in the pot along with the rest. Checking over the water, and setting the temperature along so the process would be quicker, he arched at the brow at the inquiry, then resumed to chopping. “Each Leafchange, we leave something for Ludo. One year it was dolls,” and it would’ve hastened a laugh, had some of the experiences not reminded him of other things. “This time it is sweets. And lanterns for those deceased, to honor them at the Festival of Lights.” His eyes darted to the modest collection he had hanging by the door: his parent’s in elemental sentiments, Huyana’s painted to look like rain, Rexanna’s in her royal, noble splendor, and Kiada’s, with antlers adorned – even if she was now alive.

Shrugging his shoulders at the inquiry, he couldn’t quite say what the matters were on the investigation itself. “You will have to ask Sah or Noah. They seemed to be heading the inquiry.” As for where Darkeye could stay – it was clear that Deimos’ house was in disarray and likely couldn’t handle another guest at present. “We have some extra rooms at the barracks. I can lead you there when we are done.” He didn’t disagree with the additional comments, but the semblances caused a slight wrinkle to his nose. “Have there been other deaths?”

Belial sneered at the glutton proportions – and moved closer to Zuriel, watching, waiting, and looming.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I