[Se]You need sweet things
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"Quite simply have your gods tried to take voice by the hand and steer their ideas in a direction as they do with many now?" he said. "Did you offer to wipe out the LongNight monsters together? Brought food to the people in the Grounds when they needed it. I can only tell you what I heard, I wasn't there. I have to make up my mind from what I heard." Darkeye spoke quietly. He knew that Deimos would kick him out anytime now because the conversation was going in a strange direction.

"No, I don't expect that Deimos. I expect you to be better. You have the strength within you to look beyond this plate. There are people who clearly deserve to die. Even gods are not exempt from this, I'm just saying that the old gods have also made many mistakes, and compared to Voice no one wants to see them and it seems that everyone closes their eyes to it. I want to understand why this is so no more no less." Darkeye was at an important point Deimos dropped his calm shell it seems. Now was the point where he believed to hear the true opinion of Deimos to all.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
His position didn’t alter or change, still leaning against the counter, waiting for the stew to finish, unclenching his jaw from time to time, breathing stillness and fortitude into the slate of his bones. “From stories of the past, the Voice was warned many times by the Old Gods.” And continued, persisted, with experiments, with moving onwards, despite any foreshadowed acrimony. He snorted at the presumption of not aiding in wiping out the LongNight monsters, considering how much they’d all suffered from their torment. “We were not given option of eradicating the monsters. The Voice gave that to her Ascended. I made weapons for them when they all finally agreed to eliminate them.” He tilted his head vaguely, a very predator countenance. “But year after year, we fought in our own ways.”

Now the Hollowed Grounds couldn’t adhere to gaining their own food? He almost laughed – the implications surrounding such a notion ludicrous. Especially when a multitude of them were Ascended, and therefore needed nothing of the sort. “There have been alliances before between trade routes. You must understand that most lands feed their own before they tend to another’s. But when I lived in the Grounds, just as I do now in Halo, I provided and protected to the best of my ability.”

It was the other line that caused him to narrow his eyes slightly, a lower rumble to his grating. Not one to bash away sagacity or wisdom, but tiring of the conversation, he adhered to the more scholarly approach, if not slight irritation again. “To be better? In what capacity?” As for the Old Gods and their own dilemmas and problems, that depended on the source, the materials, and the why. Deimos certainly had never snagged details of any of them sending out disease or monsters every year. “What mistakes have you heard?”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"Were you there when Voice was warned or was you told?" Said Darkeye the looked at the pot as it simmered away. But when he saw the predatory look on Deimos' face, he became serious."I'm collecting information. You're a leader of a monster hunter's guild, so I thought you could give me some information. I'm going to hunt them soon and was hoping you would accompany me." Darkeye was ready to talk more about this.

Darkeye braced his arms at his hips and tilted his head. "Do you really want to explain to me now how states work Deimos? Or even trade routes?" Then his look became very serious again. "How many really died under the dome that had nothing to do with all this shit? Can you give me a number? How many died due to the disease that served the Voice? They suffered from it you can't deny that. I understand that you have to protect all of them and have seen and done cruel things better than you think. I don't want to say good or bad, but I can say that I understand."

"What feature? That you manage to see past all this hatred and vengefulness. You are stronger than that. That Safrin treats people special and not equal as a goddess should and that her whims can cause a lot of harm and doesn't hesitate to play other people off against each other. That Ludo is supposed to be very corruptible and therefore cannot act neutrally. Frey has only one thing in mind and that is sex and is rather indifferent to other things. But that is not the worst but they want to wipe out an entire race instead of just killing the god. And this war on the back of the believers to carry out like cowards. I do not say that voice does not do the same, but all see only voice brings diseases and monsters. But you do not see the mistakes of your own heralds. With the gods, I can not yet allow myself a judgment. I can only act on the information I have available. This is a neutral view so far I can also be convinced by other things. If you bring me good arguments."Darkeye noticed the resentment but remained steadfast in his points, wanting to know what Deimos would say. He was ready for any reaction even when Deimos toss him out.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
“Told.” As Deimos was not over three hundred years old, nor a Natural. “You may be able to access public records in the Atheneum, but I am aware of at least fifteen deaths from LongNight alone.” Uncertain if the man had lost his sense, or simply appeared to throw insults and then expect others to cater to him, the Sword narrowed his eyes; the calm veneer returned, nonchalance, reticence, and apathy casting its remnants back upon his features. “I am confused. I invite you into my home, you make broad generalizations and accusations about my character and beliefs, and then you want my assistance.” Grudging and spiteful and petty he may be – but he was also working on instilling boundaries. Being overbearing, rude, and condescending wasn’t doing the elder man any favors.

He tilted his head, memory working back through histories, years, of deaths. He couldn’t be certain of the entire number, not when there were many families he’d never known at all. “Do only the dead matter? When the innocent still suffered? You may be able to find the number in those records I mentioned.”

But the General committed to listening. He was no stranger to any of these tales. No amount of surprise flickered along his face – the same hardened exterior. “I do see their mistakes. They make errors just the same as us.” He paused, considering the weight of his words. “It is not my job to convince you. You have asked for my experiences and history, and then judged me for it.” Told him to forgive and forget the way some of those he cherished fell apart, which was out of the question. To bury his head in the sand and snow. “As for killing the Voice, it would eliminate her followers. They depend on her to survive. I do not see why we could not find a way to place her under a dome again.” And preferably just her.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"I think we are talking at eye level here, Deimos. I was not aware that I have attacked you. I have not yet voiced my opinion, but I have only given things that I have heard and thought I would ask you. I want your help in many things, but if my questions already so offend you, I do not think you want to support me in my plans. We should bake the cookies then you are rid of me. I can leave right now if you prefer." Darkeye was angry and thought again about his words. Had he offended Deimos somewhere?

"Every dead person and the suffering of the innocent interests me, Deimos. I want to prevent things, I want to help, but for that, I collect information. I have shared this with you. The living always comes first and I will ask them about it. But the death count as well." Darkeye became angrier and angrier at himself. Deimos apparently understood the things differently, he had told them too badly?

Darkeye knocked on the table." Wait a minute, before this goes in the wrong direction, I was giving friendly advice, which is a little different. I haven't allowed myself to judge anyone yet, I can't until I have all the information. Everything I've told you so far has been information from others. To capture someone, it must be done properly." Darkeye had made his position clear.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Perhaps they needed to be more point blank with one another, or something was getting lost in the mire of misinterpretation. He took the stew off the stove, placing it along another portion of the countertop that wouldn’t burn, snagging tendrils of heat away from it. “Your questions do not offend me. It is your judgment afterwards. You told me I bear grudges, hatred, and vengefulness, and that I am blind to the mistakes of the gods I follow.” He resumed his residual position, arms crossed over his chest. “My main goal has always been the protection and defense of my people. I have outlined why I believe the Voice, not the Ascended, is a threat.” And then Darkeye had taken portions from there.

His brow arched at the notions of ‘friendly advice’, which had consisted of forgetting past transgressions that had haunted him, family, and friends for years. Snagging at deeper breaths, and unfurling a longer sigh to instill a sense of rationale and calm once more, he began again. “I believe we are talking at cross purposes here. And while you may be gathering information from every source, you may find that each action taken recently, especially this assault on Stormbreak, will severely alter opinions.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"It seemed that way to me Deimos and I didn't want to offend your beliefs. I had to ask those questions to get more information. I have not allowed myself to judge yet. But that's not quite true, I like you and would like to call you a friend. If you don't mind, I would like to earn your trust." Darkeye smiled now and hoped that his openness would be heard. "A truly noble goal, Deimos. I would be happy if many shared your opinion. I have now decided which deity I will speak to first. It will be Voice. I have heard a lot of accusations against her, so I think it is time to hear her version. I hope that we will meet again afterward Deimos and I can tell you what she said. If not, she probably killed me or had me killed." Darkeye looked very serious again.

Darkeye played with his beard he was relieved. He imitated Deimos and took one deep breath in and out. "Yes, I think part of my work has now been undone and I will have to start all over again. A lot will change with the attack of Stormbreak. But that's why it's important to know how it was before. Maybe it wasn't all for nothing after all."Dakeye thought about it and hoped that he was right.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
His brow remained firmly arched while Darkeye spoke, eyes narrowing slightly as if trying to gauge which action to take next. When there didn’t seem to be any other nuances or accusations, the Sword permitted the moment to rest, removing himself from stillness, and opting to find bowls in the cabinets. Dusting them off, he rounded back to several other drawers, snagging at utensils that hadn’t been used in a while either, ensuring they were fit to use before using a spoon to dish out the stew. He passed a filled container over to the warpriest while he mulled over his response. “Then, if you want to earn my trust, it would be wise not to hurl accusations for something you have not experienced.” And hopefully wouldn’t have to.  

He parsed his own meal out, leaning against the counter again instead of moving towards the table. “Be very careful with the Voice – you are in a prime position to be influenced.” Accepted. The Sword expected some level of manipulation, for the New God anglings, for her to finesse Darkeye over to her side. “I doubt she would kill you. She would have use for you.”

The soldier couldn’t say for certain if the work would be outdone – but certainly rankled and riddled with upcoming dilemmas, consequences, and actions. He wouldn’t be surprised if there was further retaliation, back and forth, or the war came early (a notion that didn’t sit well in the back of his mind). He replayed back to prior topics, and off of larger issues, for a bit of a reprieve. “What creatures are you seeking?”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"Deimos I'm not saying I experienced this. I've seen a lot of bad things too, I know what bad people are capable of. But what I have heard so far are very dangerous things. But always only from the point of view of the opposite party. I try to see the big picture which is very difficult. But I try. I know people, at least I think I do. They are not very different here than in my world." Darkeye looked resolute and didn't seem to back down from his stance. Darkeye took the bowls and placed them on the table.

"Do I look like I would be easily swayed." Darkeye smiled broadly."I don't serve Kor Voice that won't change anytime soon if it does this isn't me anymore and I don't deserve to live." Darkeye looked very serious. "Everyone has a use for me right now so I have to approach this very carefully. She won't let me join another side if she's smart." Darkeye sat down at the table.

"Several to be honest. I need to know everything about land sharks because I'm going to hunt them to get Bastien's body back, or at least I've tried. Then I need help catching a black panther without actually wounding it to perform the ritual of Kor. I need someone who can keep his mouth shut. Generally, I need to find out more about the fauna and flora of these lands," Darkeye's gaze remained serious.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Opting to eat his stew rather than reply immediately, he listened in the breadths of silence, content to bow out of the conversation for the moment. He wasn’t surprised – why would the Ascended bring up the blight? Some of them had help to spread it, pressing their wakes amongst the folds, claiming exploration where they weren’t wanted by the Fae. He could almost see many of them shrugging their shoulders, indifferent and complacent. For a few seconds more he stood, making no move for the table or chairs, biding his time, contemplating the right response. “Good luck to your efforts, then,” was all he could surmise, between the varying, altering viewpoints of the world.

As for the monster hunting proportions, his features remained stoic and resolute at the mention of landsharks. He understood the reason behind the venture, but he wondered if it was foolish. “I nearly lost my arm to one,” his eyes going towards Zuriel for a moment, who snorted in some manner of either affection or tolerance. “They are fairly rare in the Fields, and you will not see them move to the surface until they want to feed on something.” He paused, taking another few bites of food, considering. “As for other flora and fauna, there are many, but I have some journals in the guild that may help you.” Pondering over the weight of boundaries and responsibilities, the Sword persisted. “I am going to be busy getting defenses ready here, however, if you need someone to go with you, I can send one of the guild members.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye shook his head, disappointed at the short answer. He understood why, though. Deimos was not a stupid ignoramus boy who had had his lollipop taken away. He seems to have lost a lot of people, and yet he tries to explain it to Darkeye calmly. That's why he liked Deimos, because despite everything he experienced, he forced his opinion on people. "Thanks for that Deimos."

Darkeye smiled and shook his head again. "No thanks Deimos, you need your people elsewhere right now and it's time to see what the Ascended are capable of. I just wanted to know if you had any advice on how I might survive this. As far as the books are concerned, I would be very happy if they could help me. I will make copies of them and keep them myself as a treasure. The panther will have to wait then. The only one with whom I would do that so far would be you. I force you to do it however not. I understand that you have other duties. I'll have to find someone else. But first, as I said, I have to go to Stormbreak." Darkeye put his head back and stared at the ceiling.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Thinking back to his own experiences, and the latest efforts with Ru amongst the desert, he surmised the potential onslaughts. “There will be a slight rumble in the earth, before they make a move. But they are very quick.” Much like their sea counterparts would be, and depending on size. “You could always bait them, but that is taking a risk as well. Are you having fellow Grounders assist?” It would make sense, given the parameters. Perhaps the Ascended and any other remaining Naturals wanted to be rid of the animals as well, in combination with finding tokens of Bastien.

He took another bite of the stew, nodding at the particulars with the journals. “They are in the guild hall. I can show you when we are done here.” Reflecting for an instant, and recalling the panther proportions, Deimos wasn’t certain when the opportunity would crop up – now well away from where the creatures would roam. Stormbreak would be another issue altogether. “I can imagine they will be in need of much support.” The results, rubble, and loss after a siege always came down to those who remained – struggling, striving, and mourning all in the same instant.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye made a mental note. "What would you bait them with? Cows or pigs. Live or bloody? How thick is their skin? Where are their vulnerable spots?" Questions upon questions ran through Darkeye's mind and he hoped Deimos would share his knowledge. "I put out a call in the Grounds and wanted to see if you were willing to do this. It's a test, to be honest. I clearly want to recover Bastien's body. I don't think there's much chance of that. It's about making the area safe and seeing who is willing to risk something for it."

Darkeye only nodded when Deimos mentioned that he would take him to the guild halls. "Thank you for that Deimos, it really means a lot to me." To the statement about Stormbreak he could only nod again. "Yes, I'll give you a report when I get back on how bad things are at Stormbreak. Or I send you a raven if you want. I think if we make something sweet later we can maybe make something more and bring it to them. Something to eat always helps especially if it's sweet." Darkeye rubbed his hands together
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Thinking back to his experiences with the landsharks, and with a sharper look towards Zuriel, the rumble started again. “Deer. Live if you could pull it off, though I doubt they would be picky with a carcass. Their skin is fairly durable and thick. I used my sword on one’s jaw,” slicing it down the middle. “And magic thereafter.” Ru’s electrical shocks had done wonders as well, but considering the people Darkeye was gathering, he wasn’t certain what they’d have in store. Perhaps whatever tricks or machinations they could come up with. The ending statement left him puzzled though, quirking his brow upwards as he finished his stew. “And if they are not willing?”

Nodding at the obliging efforts of guild extensions, he placed his dish in the sink, pondering over the latest Stormbreak quandaries. “Sure,” towards making something sweet, moving away from the counterspace and checking his supplies. “I was intending to make some chocolates in molds,” and he pulled out the materials necessary, snagged from the market on trades. He’d already crafted the templates and patterns – ranging from skulls, lanterns, to makeshift toys, representing Ludo and its presiding season.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I