Devil Do
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

As much as Adam would have loved to stay in the pub for the rest of his stay in wherever the fuck this was, he had to get going and try to find a way out. Whatever the odd girl he'd met in the Rathskellar had told him, she was one person, and he knew better than anybody: you couldn't trust just one account. If anybody had ever trusted just him, he pitied them.

He headed out via the temple and walked right into...fucking hell, that was a big bird. He stared at the Sparkbird for a while trying to work out if it was real or not. Was that always there? Why weren't people paying that much attention to it? Was it going to eat people?

Adam swung about to see if anyone else was paying attention to the massive bird on fire in the middle of the town. He'd never heard of this in any of the many, many bar songs he knew.

He landed eyes on a man stood by, dressed in a long dark coat. The man seemed pretty indifferent at the bird (certainly wasn't gaping at it and occasionally pointing like Adam was) so Adam assumed he had to know what was going on. And if he understood...this, maybe he could guide Adam on back home.

"Hey, mate?" He asked with a wave, stepping towards him. "Is this uh...bird...thing...meant to be here? You know what the fuck it is? And um, whats this town called? I think I musta had a right wild night, last thing I remember is working then I'm in a bar." It wouldn't be the first time he'd gotten quite literally black out drunk.

ADAM
maybe i'm my own greatest fear
maybe i'm too scared to admit that
i might not be as dark as i think
maybe i'm not the person
that i never wanted to be
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Lucas
clever as the devil and twice as pretty
Lucas hadn't decided why he hated the Spark Bird yet, he just knew that he did. It was bright and serene and gorgeous in the sort of way that made him want to shove it off its perch and back into the night. He hadn't long returned from his thoroughly enjoyable jaunt through the Sanctuary with Edrei (the taste of her was still on his tongue and her blood warmed him in places he no longer thought he could feel warmth), but even that wasn't enough to keep his mood afloat.

Hands buried in the deep pockets of his coat and his fair hair ruffling in the heated breeze, Lucas glanced sideways at an approaching figure, arching an eyebrow and tilting his head purposely up ever so slightly to have to meet the other man's eyes.

"It's a bird, a fiery one," he said dryly and unhelpfully, though there was a lopsided smirk on his face. "Wildest night of your life, if you ended up here. From what I know, Sparky up there is supposed to be a legend, and it decided to grace us with its presence. As for where you are, I believe this particular section of the shithole is called the Sanctuary."
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

"Ah, yeah, thanks, I hadn't got that." He replied with an equally sarcastic smirk back to Lucas, honestly finding the attitude comforting. If there were people willing to make stupid jokes here, it wasn't too bad of a place.

A legend...? Adam tended to like those, but they didn't quite have the same effect if you just happened upon them. A bit like walking in on God on the toilet. He needed the context, the build up, to really appreciate what it was he was seeing. Still, Lucas provided further useful information. While the name 'Sanctuary' made him want to roll his eyes, it was a starting point for navigation out of the place.

"Could ya tell me the way to Akkarain from here? I was nearby. Or...I could get to Sainen. I need to be finding my horse, really, but..." He didn't know the name or really the location of the road he'd left Flash on, just that it was 'somewhere between Akkarain and Sainen'. It had not yet occurred to him that this place was somewhere entirely different than his home country, continent, planet even.

"Oh, and hey. I'm Adam Pikely. Sure you've heard the name, world's most famous highwayman, dashing rogue, seducer of all, you know. You got a name?"

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Lucas
Lucas inclined his head to the other man, as if he had done him a gracious favour by pointing out the giant flaming obvious before them. "Akkarain and Sainen, huh," he said slowly as the stranger continued, his green eyes back on the bird and his mind slowly peeling back from the what-ifs of breaking its perch or dousing it with water. "Never heard of them, in truth. But then again I'm not from around here." He got the feeling that the stranger wasn't either, but how was he to know for sure?

Not that he would remain a stranger for long. Oh, but what a lovely introduction - Lucas flashed Adam a grin that showed his fangs. "Seducer of all?" he drawled. "Prove it. As for me, I have many names. Right now it's Lucas Copperhead, but just Lucas will do."
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

"Yeah." Adam replied, wondering for a second if he was being snobby about the cities from the north of the country; they didn't have the same polish as the ones nearer the southern coast, no, but he would defend them til his last breath. Someone had to shovel the shit and do the work, and those people had less time to spend making their cities perfect to the last rose petal. But no, it appeared he just hadn't heard of them, much like the others he'd met.

He could definitely prove that he was a seducer to any who wished to be seduced. Glancing down to make sure his buttons were undone to reveal his chest - they were - he stood a little taller and pushed his hair back.

"Lucas? Alright. So besides pointing out the obvious about massive burning birds, you do anything useful around here...? Maybe something that could help get the hell outta this place? A girl in there told me that I can't, but...I've always been a fucking optimist." He gestured with his thumb back towards the temple and smiled, hoping he'd have the luck to have Lucas be a wagon driver or something (though he looked a bit too brooding for that. Maybe a black wagon.)

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
Lucas
Lucas tore his gaze away from the Spark Bird at last as he listened to Adam and his charming and prickly words, the Ascended smiling crookedly and folding his arms across his chest. Did he do anything useful? Depended on Adam's preferences, he supposed. "The girl in there is right, and your optimism is misplaced, I'm afraid. If there was a way out of here I'd be on it," he informed him with a roll of his shoulders.

"Your Akkarain and your Sainen and your horse... forget them. They're gone now. Whatever happened to you, you fell into this shit show like the rest of us, and there is no way back." Of that he sounded absolutely certain.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Lucas spoke with quite a lot of certainty and in the kind of language Adam understood: direct with a swears and a cocky grin attached. For now he nodded and seemingly accepted the information, but it was obvious from his lack of despair that he didn't really take it in. Adam didn't believe most things until he tried them himself, because he believed he had ways of doing stuff that no one else would have even thought of.

"Right, right. So you aren't from round here either, then?" He wasn't sure if everyone came slamming down from the roof of the local pub, but he'd gotten the impression he wasn't the only person who'd found themselves there unexpectedly. Lucas seemed too bold for this place to him anyway, too much like him. It was the kind of town where no one exciting appeared except once every 100 years, then they were burned as a witch.

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
Lucas
As they spoke Lucas slowly turned his back on the Spark Bird, as if he was done with it for the time being. If it stuck around he might resort to the malicious and petty task of trying to sabotage it out of the settlement, but for now Adam had secured its safety, it seemed. "I am not," he said, resisting the urge to add 'absolutely not' to the end of it. He would never have chosen to be from this place, regardless of how lucrative his relationship with the Voice was turning out to be.

"But I've been stuck here since the snow started to fall, and everyone I have asked has said the same thing. No way out. Not out of this world and not even out of this place. If you don't believe me you can head in any direction - eventually you'll run into the barrier." And if he lingered there too long it would kill him. Of course Lucas didn't mention that part, though.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

"I keep on hearing shit about this barrier. Over and over." Adam complained, spinning his hand about to indicate the repetitive nature of the warning. "What they got? A wall and a few guards? If you gimme ten minutes and I got these--" He pointed to his hips, where two polished silver pistols with intricately engraved designs up the side rested. "--I'll be outta here."

He still believed the 'barrier' had to refer to some kind of border wall, because that was the only reference he had. He'd sneaked between plenty of those, so he didn't think this one would be any different.

"What, are you too scared to try?" He asked with a cocky smirk, raising his eyebrows.

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
Lucas
"Something like that," Lucas said dryly of the barrier. His eyes flicked down to where the pistols sat on Adam's hips, and it would be a lie to say that he didn't feel the faintest pang of envy at the sight of the firearms. "Now why couldn't I have been dropped here with something useful like that?" he drawled, sounding thoroughly unimpressed. Not that he could really begrudge the Voice anymore - she had proven very generous provided she could receive the same in return.

Scared to try? Lucas raised his eyebrows right back, offering a sudden and fanged grin. "Petrified," he said. "But if you believe yourself to be so talented, wait until the sun rises again and this bird goes back to wherever it came from, and we'll head out there one evening. You can show me how it's done - how does that sound?"
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

"Guess you're just not cool enough." Adam shrugged. He hadn't even thought about why he had his guns, not knowing it was unusual. The weight of them on his hips was something he was used to and barely even noticed anymore, the feeling almost comforting.

Lucas issued a challenge: Adam could rarely resist those. He grinned and tossed his hair back. "Sure. I bet I'll get through it in five minutes. You just won't a tried it the right way." Of course, Adam had no idea what he was going to be up against, but usually when he made random unsupported boasts they worked out one way or another: he was sure this would be no different.

"Just come find me sometime and we'll talk. But now I should go and find someone who's gonna be a bit more hospitable." He said and with a wink, headed back towards the temple.

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person