Mini Event Let's Vote
Time to Vote for the new Warden!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
...look into a wolf's eyes. You'll never be the same again.
Sah raked a hand through his hair as he surveyed the gathering crowd. Morgan's funeral was over, though there were still some questions about the circumstances of her death and what exactly killed her. But things had stabilized enough that the temporary Warden felt comfortable in the timing. It was time to officially vote for the next Warden of Halo.

"Good morning, everyone. I'll keep this brief. We're here to vote for our new Warden. Before we vote though, all who wish to be candidates may take this time to state their case and answer any questions from the people," Sah explained briefly. "I would like to note that I am not putting myself up for candidacy. As the only member of Morgans' council left, I stepped up. But I have no intention of truly becoming Warden. I would rather pass the title on to someone more qualified." He was sure this wasn't a surprise to any. An Outlander with only two years in Caido under his belt was not qualified to lead an entire region. At least, that's what he thought.

"Having said that. Regardless of who becomes Warden, I would appreciate remaining a member of the council." Sah thought he'd done a decent job thus far in his role as an advisor and he enjoyed having the ability to further protect and aid the people of Halo beyond his role as a hunter.

The Abandoned nodded to the crowd, "Alright, let's begin. Who's first?"
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
Deimos, of course, would not be a candidate.

Instead, he nodded his way towards Sah upon entering the area of choice, listening to the murmur of the growing crowd, and exchanged glances, greetings, with a number of the public he already knew and trusted from seasons before. His eyes scrutinized, scanned, and examined the proportions of the vestiges, eternal soldier mantras and dispositions, before sauntering over to claim his own spot along the side.

Clearly seen, with his stature and abilities, and intending to remain that way. In case of drama, power struggles, or theatrics, as some political strains were known to be. Or in vast support of upcoming contenders. Perhaps both.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

Theo stood near the front of the crowd, preparing the big speech with which he planned to win them over -- but he didn't step forward yet. First, he wanted to see who else threw their hat into the ring and, most importantly, what they said. He figured he could riff off their ideas, offer the alternative that the people of Halo might want. If the other candidate(s) said they wanted to keep Halo neutral, Theo would be the war guy. If they wanted to change Halo's allegiance, he'd be all for neutrality. From how his campaign had gone so far (or, rather, not gone), he doubted many people would be swayed by his charm alone, but if he could offer a political position that was missing from the existing choices ...

Theo

"Poker" by ND Strupler is licensed with CC BY 2.0.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Tal leaned against a wall near the back, a frown tugging the corners of his mouth down. His arms were crossed almost defensively against the swirls of uncertainty and possibility in the air, and the fingers of his left hand tapped out a rhythm-less staccato against his sleeve. He was stressed by the proceedings and didn't bother to hide it, though he threw Deimos an almost grateful glance for the warrior's stalwart steadiness in the midst of so much upheaval.

He hadn't always been around for the nigh-annual Changing of the Warden, and even when he had been he'd rarely cared enough to vote. This time, though, things were different. He'd been the one to bring Morgan's body back and he felt irrationally responsible for what was happening now. So he stood in the crowd, and he waited to do his civic duty, pale eyes flicking uncertainly around the room and wondering who would step forward first.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah
if there's a reason I'm still alive
when so many have died
Noah was ready for this. Seasons had come and gone, and his time away from Halo had been too long. He was here now to protect these people, to lead them away from the destruction of the Voice, and live among and provide for them again.

Gathering himself, the Sentinel moved towards the front of the crowd of citizens and stood tall near where Sah had made his announcement. "Halo," Noah's voice was firm and confident, glacier eyes moving over the people, "you know me and you know why I am here. I have grown up at your sides, hunted with you, provided food for you in the darkest of days, offered solace to those who needed it." He let his eyes rest on family units that Noah had kept from the brink of starvation through his years. He let his eyes rest on families he had hunted alongside. He let his eyes rest on families that had worked with him to protect the citizens during the cultist attack on the Citadel.

"I am here for you. It is known publicly that I have been chosen as the demigod of Vi -- the god of life. He is here for you. Vi would delight in seeing the people of Caido thrive, and he has not forgotten Halo. I assure you, I will champion these mountains and our people to thrive." He let his eyes rest on Deimos for a moment, the man's support tangible in the way he stood stoic, but on guard. He let his eyes wander to Cordelia and her family, on the families surrounding them that had spent countless hours with Noah on the tundra, teaching him and learning from him all at once, surviving together.

"Halo, would you have me as your Warden?" He finally asked.

then I'm willing to
wait for it
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

"Orrr we could not get dragged into someone else's war," Theo said, stepping forward. OK, this was his moment. Don't get cold feet now. He smiled at the audience, looking for people in its ranks who weren't fervent Old Gods supporters. Would have been nice if there were still Ascended around to vote for him, but ... oh well.

Theo turned to the crowd, putting some determination into his face alongside his usual attempted charm. "Warden Aristomache wanted Halo to remain neutral, open to all peaceful citizens of Caido -- enemy only to those who would break that peace. Whatever tragedy befell her, I think she was right. Halo should stand for Halovians, regardless of their race or political affiliation. And we don't need more bloodshed."

Looking through the crowd, Theo made sure to meet the eyes of those he knew to be Abandoned, like him. "We've never allowed prejudice to rule Halo; I'd hate to see us start now. After all, who says the gods will be content with the Ascended? What if they should turn on the Abandoned as well?" He looked at Noah, lip curling slightly. "Will you protect us then, Sentinel? Or will you sell us to your god?"

Wrapping up his speech, Theo added, "The Warden's first loyalty should be to Halo, not to a warmongering god."

Theo

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Pieces of ice are handed out. Burning an N into one side indicates a vote for Noah, whereas a T would be for Theo.

Into a chest they are placed, counted, and recounted.

Noah wins the vote and is the new Warden of Halo!
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah
if there's a reason I'm still alive
when so many have died
After Noah delivered his speech, another stepped up to the plate. It was a face that was familiar to Noah in a way that a dream -- or nightmare -- from your childhood is familiar. You can't quite place all the pieces and the details, but you know of it. The Sentinel watched with a steady, stoic gaze. He did not narrow his eyes or feather his jaw. If the people wanted to vote this man in with Morgan's ideals, Noah would deal with that in a different manner later.

After his speech, the ice was passed out, returned, and counted. The crowd shifted and murmured during the count, until finally the elder lifted his head. From his white beard he declared Noah the Warden of Halo.

Relief flooded his chest, and he turned to Theo to reach his hand to the familiar-stranger.  Turning back to the crowd, Noah let his voice ring out over them again. "Let's return Halo to glory!"

then I'm willing to
wait for it
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
...look into a wolf's eyes. You'll never be the same again.
The votes are counted and Sah relaxed when the results were as expected. The Abandoned turned to Noah and grinned, "Well then. I formally step down as temporary Warden and all that." He gestured vaguely, not sure exactly if there was even a protocol for these things or not. How many Halo Wardens had even been able to step down. Didn't most just die?

Still, Sah couldn't keep the smile off his face. "Congratulations Warden Olsen." He was so damn proud of his friend and was excited to see where Noah led them. There would be war yes, now that Halo was no longer neutral. But Sah agreed that this was the best choice for Halo's people. He only hoped to be able to do his part to keep his people safe.
Sah
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
The tension of gathered potential - for hope, for fear, for violence, for argument, for peace, for war - that had hung on the air flexed once more and then settled. Tal breathed a sigh of relief as the votes were tallied and the winner announced, and the future settled into certainty.

He pushed himself off the wall and hesitated as he turned towards the door. It would be so easy to just walk out now that the job was done and head home for the day...

With a sigh he turned and headed towards Noah, stopping a respectful distance back as he reached up to rub awkwardly at the back of his neck. "Um. You probably don't know me, but my dad fought beside you when the cultists attacked. Declan Seawright. He... he would have been glad to see this today, though, I think. So, uh. Good luck, sir."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
Speeches and addresses, lectures and discourse, the Sword pointedly glancing back and forth between the men. He didn’t know the other at all – not really – recalling him as the seedy individual at the funeral. That he waited after Noah had presented his was telling, and something he put in the back of his mind.

Besides, thereafter there were pieces of ice and votes carved into the nuances, announcements that made the stoicism fade into a genuine grin – no mischief, no devilishness – for his friend. He strode over, patted him firmly on the back and shoulder, with a hearty amount of power behind it. “Congratulations, Warden," and with a nod of his head, he continued onward, but not without a faint amount of cheek in his mind, for only the demigod. Now we can work.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667

Hotaru
My head's a burial ground of your memory
It’s a bittersweet moment. She stands on the fringes, watching those she loves, her support physically distant but tangible. Listens as Noah’s speech is delivered with pride and a certainty in her chest that paves the way for the results that come. She doesn’t know if she will stay. If she will be here to see the ways he builds Halo up into the kingdom it deserves to be.

She feels so very far away.

But when the time comes and the bodies begin to mingle, the Valkyrie approaches the Sentinel, incapable as of yet or letting her mind touch his while still in human form. Reaches to hold his hand - brief but with a gentle squeeze - as they had somehow accidentally formed into a tradition. “Congratulations,” she murmurs, heartfelt, for only his ears to hear.

And then she melts back away into the fringes.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Change author:

Disappointed by not exactly shocked by the vote, Theo gave Noah a respectful nod. When he spoke, it was without a trace of resentment. "Congratulations, Warden."

Now what was Theo going to do? He had debts to pay and he was about out of ideas ... He tapped his fingers against his leg, eyes turning distant as he considered his next move. Well, if nothing else, he could always try again next time Halo needed a Warden -- which, if the past was anything to go by, might be quite soon.

In the meantime ... surely there was someone in this godsforsaken Citadel who didn't want to go to war. Maybe they'd lend Theo a sympathetic ear and even a place to stay.

He had to do something. Deepfrost was coming. If he wasn't careful, he'd have to go back to his mother.

Theo

Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

She'd been quiet during the whole ordeal, standing to the side with her family, maintaining appearances. Her eyes never left Noah and when he finds her gaze during his speech she cannot help the smile the blooms across her face. The pride she feels is tangible, though she keeps it only for him to feel and he will feel it, warm and bright along the bond. It doesn't take a single thought for her to mouthe the words 'I love you'. It's the first time and she doesn't think twice.

Her vote is easily cast and once people start moving, so does she. Slipping through the crowd easily, Cordelia finds her way to his side, drawing him into a hug and pressing a kiss to his lips, keeping it brief given their current surroundings. "Congratulations, Warden. Halo is lucky to have you."
All the king's horses, all the king's men
Couldn't put me together again