An Odd Church
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Adam was wandering. With the lack of anywhere to go and a whole host of unhelpful people about, he had little better to be doing. It appeared the main building he'd been thrust into was a church of some kind. He'd never liked churches. All full of pompous idiots who wouldn't look a poor person in the eye preaching about giving.

That, and they always wanted him to cover up his chest. Where was the fun in that? If any Gods were real, he thought they'd wanna see his beauty up close and personal. Hadn't they made it or whatever?

But there was no one in this church, as far as he could tell, so he decided it was as good as any a place to sit and try to work out how the hell he'd ended up here to begin with. Sitting down on a seat near the shrine, he leaned down and pushed a hand into his hair, tapping a heeled boot on the floor sending loud snaps through the temple as he considered.

He'd been on the road, on Flash. Yes. Then...what the fuck had he taken? He didn't think he had anything in his little sack of treats that would make him feel like he had jumped into another world. If he did, he had to find out what it was and get a lot soon so he could resell it at a markup.

Pushing through the satchel he kept at his hip, he brought out a small velvet sack and tipped it out on the pew beside him, revealing quite the pile of smokes, leaves and bundled up pills. He began to mentally go through each and remember what it was meant to do, his fingers deftly sorting them out into different piles.

adam
Mistreat your Altar Boys long enough and this is what you get
Sad and angry... can't learn how to behave
Still won't know how in the darkness of the grave
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
EDREI
happy ending? sorry this isn't disney.
"Y'know you can go outside, right? You don't just have to sit in the dark." Came a sarcastic and buoyant voice from somewhere in the back of the temple.

The teenager had heard that the pretty doctor had been turned into a unicorn, and so she was on her way to the infirmary to see if that was true. It wasn't that she didn't believe sad-eyes and his weirdo tale, but if Isla was a unicorn, well...Edy was about to be mightily disappointed. She always thought she'd manage to wrangle at least one night with the lady-doctor.

Strolling casual as anything towards Adam with an eyebrow raised in an expression of silent mischief, she stopped, leaning athletically against one of the aisles.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

A voice caused him to look up from his pill sorting with a sarcastic comment. Adam snorted and glanced about the temple, then back to his work. "Dark room's where you're supposed to count your drugs, innit? Can't be doing that in the light of day." He didn't know if they had guards here, or if those guards cared about this kind of thing, but it was best not to tempt fate.

Looking closer at the woman before him, she seemed like his kinda gal already. Fun outfit, sassy, walking past a shrine like it didn't matter at all. Perfect.

"You can have somethin' if you can tell me what the fuck is going on. I've heard it from a couplea people already, but I'm pretty sure they're just fucking with me." He'd always been someone who had carved out his own path, made his own story; magic world-hopping just didn't gel with his fantasy.

adam
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
EDREI
"Only if you're worried about getting into trouble." The no-longer teenager countered with a filthy grin on her lips as she crossed her arms.

Raising a brow, Edy stood dexterously on her tip-toes and peered over his shoulder (fucker was tall), noting the array of things by his side. Edy wasn't a stranger to the odd drug, but she recognized absolutely nothing that this man seemed to have on offer. With a grin, her eyes trailed slowly up Adam instead; the tight pants, the open-v, the scars, the disheveled hair. "And what if want I want doesn't come in pill form?" She proposed with a flash of pearly white teeth.

"As for what's going on, well you've popped in at possibly the worst fucking time possible, so well done you."
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

"Oh now, I love trouble. But I've only been here a day, and I need to work out the level of trouble I can be getting into here first." Adam was an impulsive idiot and a criminal, yes, but there was always a surprising amount of knowledge backing up his ideas...or at least, there had been back at home, where he had known laws and routes and systems, had connections and friendships to get himself out of scrapes.

He looked back just in time to see her eyes drag over his body. Now, Adam knew what that kind of look meant. He smirked and sat up a bit to give himself more attractive posture, spreading his legs juuuuust slightly; enough to be suggestive if you knew what you were looking for but enough to be deniable. "I'm sure we can work something out."

"I have? Well shit, lucky me." He had seen a lot of people crying, but looking about the place he didn't blame them. This town seemed fucking depressing as hell. He'd be crying if he had to live here.

Still, terrible surroundings or not, he had introductions to make - his favourite. Adam turned around in the seat with a surprising speed and flexibility for his gangly frame and held out a hand for Edy to shake. "I'm Adam Pikely, highwayman, dashing rogue and your new obsession." She seemed the kind to be receptive to a good wink, so he threw one in.

adam
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI
"Calculated mischief huh?" Edy said with a smirk. "Seems like an awful lotta work. Besides, if you're new here, what do you care who catches you huh?"

With her lower lip beneath her teeth, Edy watched that oh-so subtle posture shift. One of those oh my balls are simply so big I can barely keep my legs together ones. But it was only attractive if it was true of course. With a grin, Edy slunk across the aisle, sitting in the row just ahead of him and turning to face him. "Since it's your first day, I'll let you in a bit of a secret." Edy glanced around despite the fact that they both knew they were the only ones in here. Leaning forward, her voice a dramatic stage whisper she said: "There ain't even law enforcement around here, so do whatever the fuck you want."

Watching his flourish of an introduction with appreciative dark eyes, Edy slid her hand into his. "Edrei Launceleyn, or Edy to my friends. Bartender, lover of explosions, and the one who is gonna call your bluff." She said with a purr, waiting for him to ask on what she would call his bluff. Or perhaps he'd just fill in the blanks himself.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Her secret first of all drew a thrilled grin from him, but then...he pulled a face, wrinkling his nose. "If there isn't anyone to piss off, what's the point? There's gotta be a million thieves 'n' crap running about. We'll all just be stealing from each other." It was an amusing image, a sort of chaotic race of thieves all desperate to pick each other's pockets.

He'd been in seedy towns run by criminals before and had never stayed, bored without the delight of seeing a guard roll their eyes or yell at him for each stolen item. That was a part of it, to know you were going against the grain. If you were being cheered on, you may as well be sucking the King's dick.

But it turned out the lack of guards was not the only thing she could tell him. Explosions? His grin returned in full force and he shook her hand confidently. "Show me yours and I'll show you mine. I wanna see some explosions."

adam
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI
"Ohh, so you're one of those, huh." Edy chimed leaning against the bench (which, as a totally unplanned coincidence, pressed her boobs tantalizingly together). "Need someone to tell you you're bad in order to make it worth it? Pffft." She was kidding, mostly, but not completely. Wanting an audience was one thing. Needing it though? That was just boring.

"Oh honey," Edy purred leaning forward more. Reaching out a hand, she tried to stroke it against the unkempt scruff of Adam's jaw, before pulling back fingertips softly lathered in fire. Her finger tips fanned in to her palm for a moment before spiraling out again as the flames licked and lapped higher. "I'm not so sure you can handle mine." She added with a heat-filled laugh, her dark eyes reflecting the heat in her hands.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Adam absolutely did need someone to tell him he was bad to make it worth it. His crimes were an accessory to his persona after all, not the ultimate goal; money was a backdrop to the story he was trying to create. He had no interest in the seedy underbelly of the crime world, not really (which was good, because back home they had considered him a local joke).

He tilted his head up easily and let her touch his chin, but he did have to hold back a flinch as her fingers brushed against the bumpy and smooth skin of his scars. As her fingers left him he smiled and rested his chin on his fist, clearly impressed.

"Ooh. A witch, huh? I've never actually met one before." Ignoring the comment about not being able to handle her for now, Adam watched the flame in her hands transform and grow. "That's a neat fucking trick. Can you make it bigger? ..Ha. That's what she said." The last part was mumbled to himself.

adam
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI
"Witch? Wow. What backcountry swamp did you roll up from?" Edy said with a laugh and light shrug.

"Can I make it bigger." She chuckled, her brows raising suggestively at his that what she said comment, amusement shiny in her dark eyes. At once, she was alight in flame. It streaked away from her like strange wings, rising towards the ceiling and casting the inner sanctuary in a warm light.

With a grin that looked positively feral when surrounded by so much fire, Edy reached a hand forward. She meant to place one finger in between his legs, a few inches from the V of his crotch on the wooden bench. As she did so, the wood splintered suddenly, whining and groaning as if it was about to split apart.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

"One that looked better than this dump." Adam replied with a snort, not taking Edy's criticisms seriously when she was so sarcastic; he recognised himself in her and it softened what might have been a bristle of offence into amusement. He supposed Witch wasn't the used word around here, then, but she offered no advice on what was better, so Witch it was for now.

He jumped back a little as she suddenly burst into flame, wings and flames bursting from her. Once his heart had settled he grinned, a lopsided charming expression, which quickly turned to a look of alarm as she seemed to be reaching towards his Crown Jewels...but then she didn't grasp them so he relaxed with a light laugh. "Damn. That's some good shit. Not sure whoever cleans the benches'll think so, though."

His legs were now spread comically far apart, so he laughed and moved them even further, hooking one foot over the back of another seat nearby. This position made his pants show certain things very obviously. Certain big things. But mostly it was for the joke, and he made no particular effort to acknowledge it in the face of Edy going up in flames.

"I never had no magic, personally. Good as hell shot and I can ride a horse better than anyone you've ever met...but can't do sparky shit."

adam
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI
"Hey, you haven't even seen outside yet." Edy countered with a grin, then shrugged. "Though it isn't much better."

The not-teenager cackled happily, letting her fiery 'wings' fade away. "You ain't seen nothing yet." She replied with a lascivious grin, pulling her hand away and giving his bulge a momentary once-over with her eyes before grinning up at Adam. "Guess that answers that." She said with a chuckle. Had her fire aroused him? Nah. Had his posture made certain aspects appear larger? Yep. So she counted that as a win in her books.

"Sorry, did you just call my mastery of fire magic sparky shit, she asked with a skeptical raising of a brow. Leaning backwards, Edy stretched and yawned lazily. "Good shot with what? Arrows?"
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

"Oh nah, I went on a whole trip. That's why I'm in here counting my drugs. Far more exciting than the mud and uh...bird. Out there." Adam commented, looking back to the little stack on the bench again and moving to put his things back in their sack, not wanting to lose any.

He didn't need to guess much to work out what question he'd answered with the positioning of his legs; Adam grinned and now that the point was made, crossed his legs over the back of the chair instead. There would be no suspense if he sat with the reveal for a long time; she had to see glimpses until she simply couldn't resist and ripped his clothes off, which he was sure would happen in the next ten minutes.

"I definitely did call it sparky shit." He responded with a laugh. He'd never had much respect for anything that was meant to be respected, whether it was Kings or Gods or magic powers.

With a flourish Adam pulled a gun from his hip, twisting the silver pistol in the air so the light could catch each bit of careful, intricate engraving (flowers and vines, weaving around the handle) and small gemstones in it. "No, with these. Give me any target and I can clear it."

adam
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI
"Oh yeah, fuck that. Who cares about the bird." Edy said, crossing her arms. She certainly didn't not any more. She'd risked her ass out there for her so-called friends and you know what happened then? Fuck all. So fuck them.

"Say that one more time and I'll show you a magic trick you won't wanna see." She said, half joking and half something else. Probably threatening. Probably tempting. Who knew with Edy.

Edy's lips dropped open at the sight of the gun, though not because she was impressed. Having never seen anything like that before, it just looked like a metal L. A pretty metal L, but basically a useless hung of metal. "So...what? You throw it or something?" Edy wondered out loud, thinking maybe it was some ugly and poorly made boomerang?