jacob's ladder
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
finn
it always feels more quiet in the dark
"You would need to put bells on your sled," Finn says offhandedly, "to make sure that no one runs into you, and that they can find you if you get lost." The fact that it would sound charming has nothing to do with it. As for Finn? He smiles softly down at his hands, and the smile he gives her is more tot he table than directly at Tobi.

"I would like to make music," he says. "Perhaps I could find somewhere that would let me play in exchange for the things we need." Part of him wants to say and I could also be a detective, like I planned here, but it's obligation talking. Finn is tired, and he has been burned out for so long that he has ever once known normality. And he wants this. Just this.

His eyes flick back up to Tobi as she admits to liking their plan, the ex-Spyglass unsure what to do or say at first, so he merely smiles. "Then we should start to pack."
it always feels so stark
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
October
when the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long
'Bells!' The idea fills Tobi with surprising glee, to think of jingling about in the snow. "And they should deter predators." Unless ursurs interpreted bells as indicating dinner, of course. A few well-aimed barks should help with that though if it comes to it.

Watching the emotions that dance out across Finn's face, Tobi resists the urge to draw his thoughts out sooner than he's ready to give him. 'That sounds really nice.' She agrees, once he comes out with it. Honestly, offering her medical expertise should go quite far in terms of getting them the things they need such that, crazy as it is to think, Finn might be able to play for fun.

"Ah, ah ahhh." Tobi counters with a shake of her head. "First we go guitar shopping."
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
finn
it always feels more quiet in the dark
"That, too. Hopefully it will mean people are ready for you when you arrive as well, if they hear you coming." Finn nods, and he's also just a little enamoured by the thought of Tobi bouncing along in the snow, pulling her supplies and getting herself from patient to patient to do home visits.

It does sound really nice, and Finn feels his cheeks heat up at the mere thought of it. "I could make sure that Ever keeps up his schoolwork, too. From home, of course, when he isn't..." Sky... piloting? If that's even something their son would like to do. They would have to ask him, he supposes, and thank goodness for Tobi reminding him of the here and now before he gets too wrapped up in future possibilities.

"Right, of course," he says, nodding and collecting up their plates on the tray to take downstairs with them. "Shall we go now? It is raining, but I don't think the shop is far."
it always feels so stark
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
October
when the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long
Not wanting to draw too much attention to the perfectly currated life they're making for themselves, Tobi does allow herself a moment to image it just the same: Finn and Ever pouring over whatever books the pair of them could get their hands on, Finn grabbing his guitar only to return home hours later surprised at how many encores he'd been begged to play.

'I don't think either of us will melt.' Tobi says of the rain as she rises as well, throwing away their napkins and glancing towards the door where two coats were hung. Neither coat looked like it should belong to the two of them, and really, they didn't. Tobi's was a sleek and almost seductive-looking black affair, while Finn's was a shocking plum colour. But beggars and all that.

'Come on, I'll get the door for you.' Tobi says with a playful laugh, offering Finn a wink so that he might not take this quip to be an actual jab about how awkward it had been for her to come in that morning.

~FIN
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong