[se] evolved and still evolving
for Maeve
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
a lion-hearted girl
Ever the effervescent, energetic youth, she skipped and frolicked along the swell of desert sands – ignoring some distant pang as she stared out over the distance. It wasn’t the Dragon’s Throat. It wasn’t the beautiful pools after a rainstorm, back in Helovia. But it was something, and she gave a softened smile to Maeve as she glanced out over her shoulder. “I was born in a desert!” She chirped, easing away the feeling of unease – wondering if she glanced upwards enough, she’d see outlines and shadows of dragons she’d never known. “But it didn’t smell like this.” A wrinkle to her nose followed, half-tempted to push her nostrils shut with one hand.

Ignoring any notions of threats, or maybe she just didn’t care and openly invited them, her feet pressed into the dunes, Fangorn grasping hold of the shoulder not entangled in weaponry and quivers. “Which way was it?” Looking anywhere and everywhere for a clue – for wells of starlight and a seasonal deity desperately in need of water.
ready for a fight
MELITA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve hated the heat of this place. How it was so stifling she could hardly breathe, but they were on a mission. Despite the heat, Melita was her ever bubbly self and Maeve couldn't help letting that energy be infectious, bolstering her mood as she pressed forward. Aidon flew overhead, shielding her from the worst of the sun's rays and keeping an eye out for any landsharks, recalling his bonded's warning before they set off. "I didn't know that. I never thought to ask, but are you an Outlander, then?" Melita seemed to fit in so seamlessly in this world, it never occurred to her that she might not actually be from here.

The Nightshade took a moment to pause, narrowing her eyes against the harsh sunlight, examining their surroundings before pointing forward where the terrain began to change and dip. "That way. We won't have to go through the tunnel this time, but it's a little ways ahead." Adjusting her hold on the water she was carrying, Maeve pressed forward, falling in step with Melita once more.
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
a lion-hearted girl
Arms outstretched, a few frolicking skips and hops followed, nodding along at the question. “Mhm. I come from Helovia, in a land called the Dragon’s Throat.” The namesake probably explained everything about her characteristics anyway – it had settled right into the core of her childhood, and carried on from there in the spirit of her existence.

But then she had to attend to actually listening, hastening after Maeve’s pinpointed directions with a sharp jerk of her chin and a frenetic, chaotic stride. “What was it like, when you came here before?” Melita had fought off a skeleton monster with Ronin – and some other, not so great, mixed results in death and delusion, the last time they’d circumvented the sands.
ready for a fight
MELITA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

"The Dragon's Throat..." It was an interesting name, to be sure. The Nightshade still couldn't wrap her head around all the different places people seemed to come from. Caido was all she knew, but there were others in this place who lived in ways that she never could understand. "Sounds like it would be hot." Maeve finally settles with a grin, bumping into Melita's shoulder as they walked, an easy swing to her step despite the sand they were trudging through.

As for what it was like? She purses her lips in consideration, letting out a breath, "I came with Remi, Ronin, and Locke... It pretty much looks the same as it did then. Except there was a Landshark and Wessex showed up with Nate. Thankfully there wasn't a fight, but it was close." It feels like a lifetime ago now. That had been one of the last times she saw Locke. Shrugging her shoulders, the Nightshade glances over at the Honeybee girl, "We had to crawl through a tunnel to find him. He looks like a giant spriggan, but he's very grumpy. Part of why Safrin made the well."
Summertime sadness
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
a lion-hearted girl
“It was!” And the chirp of excitement was still there, as if it had been the most breathtaking sight one could ever witness. “And we had high-rising cliffs and crimson dirt, and a stunning oasis. And dragons, obviously.” Her grin didn’t cease, refused to grow wistful and sad; knowing full well that it was gone. These were the precious things she could carry and share. She bumped the other woman back, before listening to Maeve’s own adventures.

Another impending fight – along with Nate’s name pressed in there – made her eyes narrow just slightly as they motioned on, though she pretended it was just to glance and look for land sharks. Trying not to bite her tongue or forge along with clenched teeth, she opted for another subject entirely. “I don’t think I’ve seen a spriggan. What do they look like?” Because one could bet she’d search for one on some next roundabout sojourn.
ready for a fight
MELITA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve hums softly in the back of her throat, casting her a smile, "It sounds lovely. I bet the sunsets there were like nothing else." The sun bleeding red across the horizon, shooting rays of gold through the sky, and painting brilliant colors through what little clouds there might have been. "It's hard to imagine places outside of Caido sometimes, but you paint a clear picture." The Nightshade compliments, turning her attention back to the path ahead, scanning the horizon for any shifting in the sands.

"This one looked like it was made up of roots. I don't know if they all look like that, but it was as if a tree roots made a little person, but not actually a person. Does that make sense?" She doubts that it does, but no matter. It was the best way she could describe it. Having only seen Remi's and this one, Maeve wasn't sure she was the best source of information.
Summertime sadness
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
a lion-hearted girl
“They were amazing,” and she meant it too – wishing she could somehow cast the light back across the sky, the same as it’d done in the land of her birth. She’d done so once upon a time in Bastien’s studio, enacting the hues and colors across the canvas with no manner of ease; striving to rekindle the breathtaking sights. “Have you always been in Torchline?” Uncertain, really, of how far some other Naturals had traveled in the time that the Grounds had been behind the barrier – living their days free of acrimony and bitterness and not yearning for traces of freedom.

Spriggans were another matter, and she cast her glances at the sand, as if trying to summon the wherewithal to understand and picture the creatures mentioned. Roots. Tree roots fitting a person. “Hm. Maybe? Like the Mathair tree?” Those roots were enormous, wide, and had kept them occupied, underneath its canopy, branches, and bramble while they worked and talked on various things.
ready for a fight
MELITA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She had no doubt that Melita spoke truly about the sunsets from her home and Maeve wishes she could witness them herself. If only to truly picture what the Honeybee girl used to call home. ”I’ve always lived in Torchline. I’ve traveled outside of it more recently, but it’s my home.” She had been in Caido for her entire life. It was where she was born and likely would be where she died. People came into Caido and never left. That’s just how things worked.

”Kind of? It’s hard to explain. They have different kinds, I think.” Remi’s was a ghost. The other ones she didn’t really understand. Did they coincide with the seasons? The environment? Maeve couldn’t say for sure. ”This one seemed more like a grumpy old man turned into one.” She snickers, grinning as she recalls how absolutely perturbed it had been by their arrival, practically telling them ‘to get off his lawn’.
Summertime sadness
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
a lion-hearted girl
Melita wondered what it’d be like to always exist in the same place. She might’ve had those notions, once, had Kisamoa not unleashed bedlam, mayhem, and death so diligently into his lies, falsehoods, and forced, forged promises. Perhaps the alternative was something far greater and grander; but she’d never know. “Is there a place outside of Torchline that’s your favorite?” Settling for the inquiry, she continued to frolic along the sands, completely indifferent to the potential thresholds of land sharks.

Different kinds of spriggans made her all the more perplexed – though she settled for the semblances of a grumpy old man with a laugh. “Do you think its irritated by everyone coming here then?” Or content for the relief?
ready for a fight
MELITA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The Nightshade hadn't given it much consideration before, but it's easy to think of somewhere as the question is posed. Her head dips in a nod as she entertains herself with jumping from rock to rock where their weathered surfaces barely rise above the sands. "The Greatwood. I almost moved there when I found out I was pregnant with Edmund. It was after Locke left and I didn't feel I had anyone there to support me." She pauses, recalling with startling clarity how she wept in Remi's embrace in her garden at the Court. The Lullaby offering his region as her new home. "I didn't end up going, but should I get the chance again, it's where I would go."

Maeve smiled over at the Honeybee girl, pausing to balance on one foot where she was perched, "Well, that's why Safrin made the well of starlight. We just pour the water in there. That way people don't have to crawl through the tunnels and he doesn't get bothered." She explained, pointing a slight distance away where there was a faint column of light barely visible in the sun.
Summertime sadness

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
There are dead plants everywhere. What could possibly be causing this?
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
a lion-hearted girl
The honeybee frowned at the dead plants, reminded vividly of their purpose for the outing. Thereafter though, she tended to the notions Maeve supplied, her own frolicking measures countered along a few hops, skips, and jumps, undeterred by the sulphuric smell, and half-tempted by the pools. While she’d never opted for notions of the Greatwood herself, probably because of run-ins with their Fae leader once upon a foolish adventure, she could see the sovereign fitting in there. More so than Halo.

The clarity was surprising though, and she tilted her head vaguely, uncertain whether to offer comfort or dig herself in deeper. “I haven’t seen him in a while,” meaning Locke, of course. Not a question, but more of an observation. “The Greatwood seems very nice though. I recommend the Crimson Cataract,” because who didn’t love ruby-red waterfalls that could be very easily misinterpreted for creepy, ominous blood?

As for the other semblances, she nodded, figuring it made sense. Her eyes cast in the direction, noting the little pillar of light as they were closing in. “Well, I hope its relieved then, regardless.”
ready for a fight
MELITA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Her jumping paused for a second, looking merely as if she was choosing to maintain her balance than faltering at Melita's words. "You wouldn't have. He left again. It's been well over a season now." Or something like that. She stopped counting the days once it finally sunk in he wasn't coming back this time. Her shoulders lift in a shrug as if shaking it off before she continues first. "I don't think I've been to that part, but it's on my list. Edmund would love it." Because Maeve was absolutely the type to love ruby-red waterfalls that look like blood.

"I think it will be." She settles on, offering Melita a smile as they press forward, finally arriving at the edge of the well. Leaning over to look into the bottom, she can see nothing through the starlight emanating from the hole. She uncorks one of her containers, pouring it into the well carefully, being sure not to leave a drop. "I hope this helps you." The Nightshade murmurs, beginning to pour the other after the first is emptied.
Summertime sadness
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
a lion-hearted girl
The honeybee wished she could offer some solace, some retribution, in the wake of Locke’s disappearance again. Something along the lines of he still owes me some cake didn’t really sum up all the other trials and tribulations the sovereign might’ve been feeling though, so she left it at that. “Sorry,” mumbled thereafter. Another bestowal lingered, maybe like do you want us to hunt him down, for she figured Jack and the Ark were always willing types, ceasing and desisting in the distraction of other things.

Like the well.

Starlit and spectacular via Safrin’s persuasions and abilities, Melita couldn’t resist coming to the fringes and staring down. All she met was the inner workings of a cosmos, and though it wasn’t disappointing, one knew she’d been looking for any subtle signs of a promised spriggan. Her stare rounded back to Maeve as her counterpart poured water down into the dregs, and then followed suit, lifting her bag to snag at the container she had – Fangorn bobbing alongside her ankles. “I bet it’d be nice if you could get out of here,” she whispered in turn, rotating the lid until the cover came off, and she slowly allowed the water to fall and cascade.
ready for a fight
MELITA