The war and the north
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye had a lot on his mind and didn't want to be too pushy. He had the feeling that he had made a mistake at the funeral. Unfortunately, he could not undo this mistake. So he went on invitation of Noah directly to the Council Hall and asked a guard there where he could meet Noah. He waited outside in the cold at a fire bowl with a thick coat around the shoulders. He went through again what he wanted to ask Noah should he still grant him the audience. He knew that he was now a busy man. He might have had no time for him.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Online
Change author:
MP: 1005
noah
I feel the pages turning, I see the candle burning down before my eyes
Noah had been expecting the visit, and after a morning of trying to sort through all of what Morgan had gathered in her office the last few seasons, it was welcome. Noah nodded to the guard that came to announce the visitor, and then stepped outside the doorway of the office. "Darkeye, welcome." Noah's voice was not loud as he greeted the man, but it was warm enough and intentional enough to carry over the corridor towards him. The hunter extended his arm and stepped to the side of the doorway, gesturing that they would be talking in the room he had just exited.

Once he was confident that the visitor had followed him, and once he was within the room, Noah gestured again to the small pot on the edge of the desk. "I'm afraid all I have is some coffee from Stormbreak to warm you up." It was one of the things that Noah carried back with him in quite a large amount, having developed a taste for the drink during his time in the Order.

code by odd
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye accepted the invitation gratefully. Sure he knew the cold, but it had been unpleasant nonetheless. He understood, however, that Noah did not have time for him right away. "Thank you for letting me in, my Lord. I didn't think you would have time for me so soon." He said with a broad smile. "If you allow me, yes, I would like to have a coffee. I like it a lot. Ronin gave me some too."

"You know why I am here, my lord. I try to listen to each site before I make up my mind about this world. A lot has happened since I've been here and I can come back another time if it bothers you." Darkeye played with an open mind, there was no advantage in telling a tall tale here.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
noah
Noah offered the faintest hint of a smile at the mention of Ronin. "He introduced me to it as well. Had a strong liking for it ever since." Noah said as he poured the coffee from the carafe (another Stormbreak article) and handed the mug over to the cleric.

"What can I clarify for you?" Noah asked, gesturing towards the leather chairs that sat before a small, but roaring, hearth. Noah poured his own mug of coffee and took a seat in the chair that faced the door to the his office. "Not only do I now shepherd over Halo, but I have lived here my entire life." His knowledge of the world was increasing, as well as his knowledge of other worlds, but whatever Darkeye wanted to know of Halo Noah could give him. Ice ran through his veins just as much as blood, and his heart would always belong to the tundra first.

code by odd
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye smiled and took a sip of the coffee and enjoyed it with full breaths. It warmed him quickly and revived the mind in no time.
Then he opened a book and smiled a little. "I thank you for your time, I can imagine that you have better things to do than listen to me. First of all, I would like to express my sincere condolences." He paused for a moment and tried to appear composed. He didn't want to seem cold, but death is something that unfortunately is part of life.

He took another sip of the delicious coffee and began to speak. "I have spoken with several rulers so far to get a clearer picture of this world. I have already talked to most of them and wanted to hear from you as well as from Halo what you want to tell me."He simply said that was the only reason for his trip. He wanted to collect knowledge to better cope in this world. Of course, the circumstances of Morgan's death were questionable, but after such a short time Darkeye suspected no results and therefore did not ask.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
noah
The Warden sipped at his own coffee as the cleric did. His mouth was calloused from a life of drinking steaming hot beverages, and as Darkeye spoke Noah was nearly half done with the bitter liquid. Though the Sentinel had appeared warmly enough to greet the man that was just a stranger to him, as he spoke Noah's glacial appearance settled back onto his features. "May she burn brightly." He said in response to the mention of Morgan's passing, taking a large drink.

Leaning back in the leather chair, Noah lifted a brow slightly at the notebook that Darkeye opened. "One thing that the rest of the world will tell you is that Halo is remote. With that, we are often private." Even without all of the words to bring a statement to fruition, Noah's tone was clear: Darkeye was not going to get anything from Noah that he did not directly ask.

code by odd
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye may be new to this world but this statement seemed very questionable was this a way to make his people look good? He couldn't help but ask. "What do you mean it should burn bright?" Did he object to the previous ruler? Was he really as the ascended described him.

Darkeye smiled. "Well then, I will conduct the conversation differently than I do with the other herders. How do you plan to rule? Is peace an option for you, or do you want the extermination of the Ascended? Are they still welcome here? Are you interested in negotiations? What makes Halo special in your eyes? Is there anything you can offer me to stay in Halo and lend you my talents?" he said, thinking that these questions were enough for now. Apparently, he wrote down the whole conversation.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
noah
"May they burn brightly is what we say when a Halovian has died." And with Morgan it was a formality. Noah, in truth, didn't believe she deserved the honor of the statement. But diplomacy won out.

"I plan to rule in favor of the people. My views on the Ascended are my own. I imagine you can draw your own conclusions as I am the demigod of Vi." Vi opposed everything that was the Voice and what she stood for, and wanted her gone.

say]"The ascended attacked the Citadel several seasons ago. No one who intends harm to my people are welcome here." He shifted in his chair, finishing his coffee before looking to the raging fire for a moment. He paused, as if to contemplate the final questions Darkeye had asked, but Noah did not have to think of the answer. "Halo is special because of the people here. We've had to survive in ways that the other lands haven't known. We're resilient and brave. I can't offer you much, but I will tell you that what you put in to this community you will get out of it."

code by odd
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
"So a sign of respect good to know. Do they know more about how she died yet?" he said with curiosity. Maybe Noah would tell him something he didn't know yet.

[say"I don't want to offend you, but as the demigod of Vi, don't you have other responsibilities than ruling a city?"In the eyes of Darkeye, he was not the right one. He was too prejudiced. "But what if the people want the neutrality that Morgan proclaimed? Can you then decide on it or will you agree with this questionable prophecy and go to war when the time comes? Isn't peace the goal of a ruler?" he said with a serious look, apparently taking his time for his next statement. "I have been to many places and I must say that I have not noticed anything in Halo except the snow, the people are the same as in the Grounds and Stormbreak. There are good and bad. Everyone is just trying to get through the next day. I don't know the reasons for the attack on Halo, but I do know that the Grounders, who are not all Ascended, have suffered greatly from the actions of the old gods, and all seem to think it's okay. Famines, diseases, and the like. The Voice could not turn to anyone, as well as the inhabitants there, they could only surrender to Voice. I know that the Voice has done many things that are not excusable. I am not a great friend of hers either. But I will say this Noah, I will not allow them to be slaughtered just because of their beliefs. Some people deserve punishment in my eyes. But not all of them. Some I will defend with my life" he clarified his position.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
noah
"Morgan was killed by Neron." It was ironic that the ones she tried so hard to protect betrayed her. Noah's tone was clear that he would not offer Darkeye any more explanation than this. The way their conversation was going continued to close his willingness, and the glacial features of the Sentinel returned. "Each land, each ruler, has their own goals. With all due respect, Darkeye, I do not have to defend my position to you." There was no authority that the man held over him, and Noah wasn't going to divulge his entire business to someone who, with ever sentence, made it very clear that he stood directly opposed to him.

"You won't be able to change my mind just as I won't be able to change yours. Words and knowledge gathered from the mouths of others only has a certain amount of leverage against experience." Noah stood and placed his mug on the mantle above the roaring hearth, and listed his hand towards where they had come. "Thank you for coming to talk, but I feel we are finished here."

Noah didn't give any indication that he felt any emotion regarding the thread Darkeye had given to him. He did not feel intimidated by the man before him, and whether that was arrogance below the surface of his status as a demigod, or confidence in his own hard crafted, hard won ability, he didn't know. But if Darkeye was here to warn him that he would fight him, Noah didn't need to talk any more. He was no different than those who already wanted to fight him and refused to talk.

code by odd
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye smiled slightly. "The problem is your evidence. If you had it, he would not be alive anymore. I can help you if you want, I can reach him, you will have a hard time." He said openly but honestly. He was still trying to assess Noah."Of course, every kingdom has its rulers, but if personal goals have too much influence on the government, one can resign, as Isla did. I did not ask you to defend your position in front of me. I am telling you my impressions and what I have heard no more no less. I do not hide my plans. As for changing your mind, you have the opportunity to do so with a reasonable argumentation. But I see it similarly to you the conversation is here to end. Stick to your General Deimos he is a man who can help you with many points." Darkeye stood up and put his cup on the table next to him and stood right next to Noah. He handed him his hand and smiled."I thank you for your time, Noah, and I hope our next conversation will be as informative." He waited for the man's handshake. Darkeye was still a friend of the conversation, but apparently, many of the rulers were bothered by his frankness.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
noah
There wasn't much else for Noah to say. He had said what he felt necessary. Had Darkeye not chosen to threaten him, the conversation might have lasted longer. But Noah was not in the mood for entertaining an outlander who believed they knew everything, and had a better understanding on the world than he did -- the man who had grown up in it. "Safe travels." Noah said as he shook the man's hand. A serviceman then stepped up, ready to lead the outlander out from the palace and the Citadel. Noah took a moment to sit back down in the leather chair, running a broad hand over his bearded face. Perhaps he ought to write to the other demigods, he thought, before shaking his head some and deciding instead to head home for the evening.

FIN

code by odd