[SEASONAL EVENT] stepping in the right direction
For Edrei
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

vervain

It was over. And by all the gods, Old or New, they had survived it. Not all of them, of course, and that was a pang of loss felt all across the Sanctuary, Vai thought. Still - whether in memory of those who had fallen or for the hope of something brighter for those who remained, it was time to pick up the pieces.

The Rathskeller seemed almost eerily quiet now that the several dozen inhabitants had left for good. With their leaving, Vai had shut the place for a day or so to give them time to clean up and clear out after LongNight. She had already disposed of any broken glasses or crates and had made a (long, long) list of the things she needed to replenish and replace.

Still, as she began to clean down the tables, her mind was clearly elsewhere. Upstairs, in fact. With the Infirmary.

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
EDREI
happy ending? sorry this isn't disney.
"Well, that was a fucking mess." Edy said with an exasperated sigh.

She hadn't seen heads or tails of Bastien, so it was basically just she and Vai left to clean everything up. So nice of everyone to take advantage of their hospitality during LongNight and then fuck off entirely afterwards. "If we even make it to next year, I vote we knock everyone the fuck out and just sleep through LongNight. Like bears do, because that—" Edy gestured to the door, and presumably what had previously been outside. "—is not something I wanna go through again."

Still shaken from the perch-incident and the horrific amount of death, Edy was as sassy as ever, but still somehow somber in the wake of all of it.

Holding up a glass as if deciding whether or not to keep cleaning it or to smash it, Edy sighed and shook her head.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

vervain

"You can say that again," Vai muttered, stepping back to gaze at the tables and nodding to herself, as if satisfied that they were clean enough for now. That done, she moved about and began to turn the chairs and set them upon the tables upside down, to give room for them to sweep and mop. "There are plenty of damaged glasses to smash, if that's what you're thinking," the huntress said with a wry smile, catching Edy out of the corner of her eye. "Help me with these chairs, would you?"

She snorted at the mention of bears, raising an incredulous brow as if to tell her what ever gave her that idea. "Did you see Dev sleeping one wink? I'd rather next year we just all did as we were told and holed up in our homes until it was all over." Having seen and experienced her first LongNight, Vai was not keen for a repeat performance.

"It doesn't help, that the infirmary lost its doctor too."

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
EDREI
"That was a fucking mess." The teenager said with a cackle.

Raising a brow, Edy grinned. One of the things she liked most about Vai was how she had that all-seeing-mother-eye going on, but she didn't get her panties in a twist about things. With a nod, Edy set the glass down. She had exactly been thinking about smashing it, but sure, she could help with chairs.

"Listen, all I ever see Dev do is drink and eat and..." Edy's eyes dropped to Vai's very obvious bump, as she grinned revealing white teeth. "But I agree. No more opening doors. No more heroic bullshit."

At the mention of the infirmary losing its doctor, Edy put down the chair she'd been moving with a thud. "What, wait? The blonde one, Isla?" For half a second, Edy looked actually serious and perhaps even upset. It wasn't an expression she wore often, but it contorted her angular features into a sad and broken sort of mask. "Well...fuck."
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

vervain

"No more heroic bullshit," Vai agreed with a hearty laugh, shooting Edy a crooked grin as she did, indeed, say that again. The Launceleyn's eyes dropped to her bump and if anything Vai's grin only grew filthier.

"Listen, I'd understand if you heard him doing that, but seeing him is a little too voyeuristic for my tastes. At least tell me if you want to watch me fuck, Edy." She tutted her and continued to set the chairs on the tables, stepping back when they were done and grabbing a broom to sweep up.

"If I sweep all the crap into the middle of the room, can you burn it up?" she asked, only to pause at the thud of the chair. "Yeah, Isla. Did you not hear...? She died... and now she's a unicorn donotask."

At the expression on Edrei's face, Vai's tone softened. "Did you know her well?"

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI
Edy held her hands up as if guilty of something, but the smirk on her face indicated that guilt was certainly not the expression she was feeling. "Hey, I'm a student of the arts. I always appreciate a good show, that's all I'm saying." She quipped back with a bright smirk. "Can I burn it up." Edy repeated back in a happily mocking tone, as she nodded.

"She...wait..." The teenager looked unhappy, then puzzled, then ... happy? Maybe? "I mean, not well. She patched me up a few times, since y'know, no healing for us badies in Northaven." Edy pursed her lips with a groan. "I was definitely hoping to get to know her better." The if you know what I mean didn't need to be said, but Edy also meant it in a non-sexual way too. Isla was a definite 10/10, but she also put up with Edy's bullshit in a way that was rare. Maybe they could have been friends.

"This place gets fucking weirder and weirder." Edy eventually concluded, setting fire to the cone of trash Vai had swept up.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

vervain

"A student of the arts," Vai snorted and laughed; there was only one art she felt Edrei would be a student of, and the studying was particularly hands-on. Vai nodded in appreciation as the other woman took care of the debris she'd swept into the centre of the room, moving now to clean down the counter. She had already opened the cellar door, so a sweet breeze was drifting through the Rathskeller and getting rid of the stale smell of blood, booze and bodies.

"Well, unless you want to get to know the unicorn better, your relationship will likely have to remain platonic," she said, wiping down the bar and stacking the rest of the glasses neatly away. "It most certainly is, Edy. Now, would it be more or less weird for me to ask if you would take this place over from me?"

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI
"I mean ... I always thought I was fairly open but...a unicorn? I dunno..I feel like that's definitely crossing a line." Edy frowned, and not just because of how inappropriate bestiality was. She was genuine disappointed. Isla had seemed cool, and Edy had wasted all the time in between their first meeting and now, in which she could have gotten to know her better.

" Uhh..." Edy intoned, looking toward Vai with uncertain and wide eyes. "Why, cause you're gonna pop? I mean, what a great place to socialize a kid. There's liquor for when it starts to teethe and it needs to keep the gums numb, Jigano is here all the time and can sing it to sleep, and...uh..do kids like cats?" Edy wondered, gesturing towards Bobi
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

vervain

"Is it crossing a line? Or just opening your eyes to new horizons or whatever?" Vai tittered to herself, rearranging the bottles behind the bar and turning, seeming satisfied that the place was in good working order again. A few minutes more of letting the cool breeze of Flowerbirth drift through and she'd be happy enough to close the doors and get started on the back rooms. Their stock had taken a battering - unsurprisingly.

Edrei's incredulous look brought a warm smile to Vai's lips, the huntress pausing in what she was doing to lean against the counter and speak with the Launceleyn properly. "My 'popping' has little to do with it," she confessed. "After LongNight, after Isla... it was terrifying, how few healers we have. I didn't have that sort of magic back in Northaven, and it doesn't seem to have the same adverse effects here as it did there... so I think I would be more use in the infirmary."

Shrugging, she drummed her fingers along the counter. "Don't get me wrong, I'll still check in, make sure everything is okay and help out where I can. But I can't commit to this place fully when I know that I can do something to help elsewhere. And believe it or not, but I think you'll do very well here."

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI
Vai might have just been playing along, but...did she have a point? Edy filed that little snippet of potential justification away for later examination.

The not-teenager had to admit it made sense. Isla didn't even have magic and she was one of their most prolific healers. With Vai's actual magic she'd be a welcome addition upstairs. It was then that a cheeky grin spread rapidly across Edy's angular features as she glanced from Vai to Chunk. "Y'hear that you bag of fleas? You work for me now." Slinking over, she went to run a hand along his back, and with a shocking feat of athleticism, Chunk darted upwards, striking out at the Launceleyn with a shocking well-aimed paw. "Fuck, shit, alright, alright." Crossing her arms, Edy feigned a sulk. "Fiiiiiiiiine. I work for you." She whined, before shooting a grin towards Vai.

"Guess that means I accept?"
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

vervain

Vervain watched the interaction with Chunk and Edrei with unabashed amusement, bursting into laughter as the feline moved faster, certainly, than Vai had ever seen. "And don't you forget it!" She nodded to the Launceleyn. "Of course, he will still expect you to do all the heavy lifting.

The good news is that you already know Remi and I can help you to work out when and what to order from him. And we deliver to Ronin's guildhall every week or so - he'll probably be glad to see you, and you already work with him sometimes too, right?"

Unsurprised when Edy formally accepted, Vai looked as though the not-teenager had actually taken a load off her shoulders. "You're going to do great," she told her. "There needs to be a strong woman behind that bar, and if it isn't me then you are the natural choice."

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI
"Pfffft." Edy hissed back at Chunk feigning indigence.

The not-teenager made a face at the mention of Remi. She probably couldn't fire him if he was their main supplier but...maybe she was now in a position to tell him to stop looking like a sad carebear all the fucking time.

"Well if I had to be anyone's second, I'm okay being yours." Edy said with a wry cackle, but then extended her hand to shake on it. That seemed...official, right?
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

vervain

Knowing nothing for Edrei's plans for her sad carebear (and secretly feeling pleased that she could just spoil Remi again instead of having to discuss business), Vervain could only laugh as well at the not-teenager's comment. "If I ever had a prodigy, it was you. Give 'em hell, Edy. In fairness, if anyone could serve drinks, run a tight ship and kick troublemakers out all in one fell swoop, it's you."

Shaking her hand with a firm grip, it did indeed seem more official after that point. Vai smirked as she stepped back. "Now if I were a worse person, I'd leave you to clean the rest of your bar. But I'm not - so let's get this done." Winking, Vai moved to get back to work.