[OPEN] Songs and Jars
Blik has finally come to Torchline to trade his jars for shinies.
Nomad

Age: 22 | Height: 215 cm | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Prisma Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The air-breather city of Torchline was one of those places that Blik always wished to see, but never had the guts to do it. Partially, it was because he was not sure, if he was welcome there, partially, because he was very nervous in a big city. Nevertheless, he had decided this was as good a day, as any to attempt getting pass his fears, and maybe even gain something valuable from it.

As such, the boy packed multiple smaller and larger jars, all full with sea water and different saplings from his garden, gave himself 2 pep-talks, hid his cave entrance, and reluctantly swam in the direction of the surface city.

Once there, though... Blik was more than unsure what to do. The city was large just from the canals he was swimming in. The streets were full of land people, as well as, the canals were used by countless mermaids. He did not imagine there would be so many of his own people, but it seemed social anxiety was not something they as people shared. Probably for the best.

He did not know how to proceed with the whole trading process, the octopus had never done this, but he did find a less crowded corner along the canal, where the boy let a couple of his jars to float around him. If any of them would try to drift too far, he would extend one of his tentacles and pull it back.

Unfortunately, though, it did not seem that anyone would be paying attention to him, passing the scared-looking male. After a while, his hair already half dry in a large mess of curls, he decided something must be done to get people's attention, or this whole trip would have been for nothing.

With no better ideas in mind, the mermaid starts a slow song. It had no real words, just a melody that he changed as his mood shifted. He thought about waves, the glimmer of gold at the bottom of the sea, the joy of finding a new treasure, the sadness of discovering that one of his current treasures had crumbled due to water. He sang, and sang, and sang.
Pihu Anjali
Thief

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int: 0
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Pihu

As always, news of a merperson spread through Haulani. Pihu had been perched on a rooftop overlooking the market, but when the gossip reached her ears, she took flight. Wings beating against the Leafchange air, she circled the canals from above until her eyes spotted a commotion below. The merman was impossible to miss, nor was the small crowd surreptitiously trying to pretend it wasn't staring at him.

There was a glint of sunlight against glass or metal below. Without thinking, she folded her wings and dove down. Breaking out of her dive at the last moments, her talons stretched out for the jar that was currently furthest from the merperson.
They say these are the golden years
But I wish I could disappear
Nomad

Age: 22 | Height: 215 cm | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Prisma Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Well, Blik for sure did not expect this. He, honestly, had little expectations, but for something large to plunge for his jars and swoop one up in the air? Definitelly, no. And most would imagine that the octopus boy would be angry or even furious at the flying thief, but as she (Blik thought it was a she) returned to the sky, with now his jar, he looked amazed. Almost smiling. "That was sooo cool! I did not know that air breathers could FLY!!!" Yes, at that moment he did forget that birds breathed air as well.

The mermaid swam closer to the ledge, his tentacles pulling the jars under water, looking at the winged person with stars in his eyes. "Can you teach me that as well? Can you?"
Pihu Anjali
Thief

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int: 0
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Pihu

Actually, Pihu didn't fly off so much as go into a controlled dive out of the canal and landing a short distance away. Turns out, a jar full of water and only the merperson and the gods only knew what was pretty heavy and ravens could only carry so much. Still, she managed to escape, if not exactly gracefully, at least without falling flat on her face.

Turning to face the octoman, she cocked her head to one side. Rarely did she receive praise for her thieving ways. Preening a feather, she stood up to her full height. I don't know if merpeople can get flying shifts. You can perform air magic, though, can't you? The thoughts wound through the bond, though she kept her emotions tightly under wraps.
They say these are the golden years
But I wish I could disappear