but chains and whips excite me
For Jack <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I would fall from grace just to touch your face
There were better places to cool off than here. More private places, but Maeve was longing to escape for a little bit. Needing a bit of peace that could only be found in the Wilds. It was why she was currently waist deep in the Wishtide, personal effects on a small island a few feet away, within reach should she need them. Hands cup cool water, drawing it up to splash of her neck, washing away that had gathered at the nap there during her run. A sigh slips past her lips, lashes fluttering shut as she relishes in the coolness that comes with it, glad to chase away the still lingering heat from Longheat that never quite seems to leave.

So lost in the sensation that she almost doesn't hear the snapping of twigs. Almost. It's less than fifteen feet to the shore and Maeve's already considering if she'd even be able to make it in time. She's stripped almost bare in her current state, having not wanted to get her clothes wet, knowing they're in a heap on the shore. The only thing on the small island is her whip. Carefully she begins to shift closer, slender fingers finding the handle of the familiar weapon as she uncoils it, jade eyes scanning along the shoreline just in time to catch a rustling in the underbrush.

She doesn't hesitate to snap her weapon towards the noise, intent on scaring whatever it is off with the sonic crack and flash of flame that follows, water dripping off of her where she stands now calf deep in the river.
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
JACK
"Son of a fuckin' bitch," comes the eloquent response from the undergrowth. Jack blames the headache for his slow reflexes - because he does recognise the flavour of the thoughts from the Wishtide, but it's a fraction of a second too late. Maeve's whipcrack catches him on the side of the neck, of all places, and although he flinches back, it does send him side-stepping out into the open.

"You wanna watch where you aim that thing," he hisses at her, squinting against the sunbeams dancing on the surface of the water. Touching his fingers to the streak of a burn against his skin, he mutters another, darker curse, letting out a sigh and moving to sink unceremoniously down at the shore. "Ain't seen any snow moss about in there, have you?" He doubts it, but whatever.
you wanted perfect, you got your perfect
but now I'm too perfect for someone like you
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It would have been hard not to recognize his voice. She's heard it curse in her ear enough times to know instantly just who she's managed to hit. Maeve hisses out a breath, quickly drawing her weapon back and coiling it up, the tension leaving her body once she realizes she's not in danger. "Fucking hell, Jack," she huffs, dropping her hands to her knees and bracing there for a breath as her heart slowly returns to its normal pace, adrenaline leaving her shaky. "Maybe you shouldn't sneak up on half naked women. Clearly it's a danger to your person."

Comes the quip in response, straightening up once more and slowly wading forward, not bothering to cover herself from his gaze. Not like he hasn't seen it all before. Besides, she's fairly certain she still owes him for something. Might as well let him look while they talk. Maeve stops at the edge of the shore, dropping down to her knees in front of him, brows drawing together at the sight of the burn. Shaking her head at his question, the Nightshade removes a bit of cloth that is tied around her wrist, wetting it and lifting it to press lightly against the burn. "Can't say I have, but I've got some back home from my last trip to the Greatwood." When it had still been in season, of course.
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
JACK
"Fuckin' hell, me," Jack agrees with a grumble, glancing at the blood on his fingers as he pulls them away from the side of his neck. "I wasn't sneakin' up on you, thank you very much. If I was, you'd never have seen me." And it might be true but that doesn't mean it really helps the situation. Because this wasn't sneaking so much as blundering into Maeve's path while not really paying attention.

And not paying attention is starting to become a bad habit of Jack's.

Look at her he does, though, blue eyes raking over her body as she moves to lean down before him. "Of course you do. Regular little healer these days, ain't you? What you doin' out here anyway?"
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve huffs out a soft laugh as he mimics her curse, but she grimaces at the sight of blood, carefully pressing the cloth against the wound. ”Sure, love. I would have never known you were there.” Her smile is soft and placating, but there is a sharpness to it as she regards him from beneath her lashes, beads of water still clinging to the ends of them.

”It’s just one of the many roles I play.” The Nightshade purrs, dabbing gently at the wound, checking occasionally to see if the bleeding has stopped. His eyes rove over her body, taking in the bare skin that’s there for him to look at all he wants, not bothering to cover herself up. ”Looking for a bit of an escape. Hardly have time to indulge myself anymore.” Her thoughts are his for the taking and it’s very clear what exactly she means, but even if he couldn’t delve into her mind so easily, the Nightshade wouldn’t bother to keep such things from him. They do have an arrangement, after all.
Maeve

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
A sudden bout of mist begins to swirl rather charmingly around your heels. It’s gone nearly as quickly as it came, followed by the indistinct sound of faraway laughter.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
Jack responds to that with a soft grunt of annoyance, though his fingers fall away to let her fuss over him. It means he's got ample time to notice the mist and the laughter, his hand reaching up for a moment to let his fingers curl around Maeve's. "You play an illusionist?" he wants to know - a gust of air magic breezes around them both to dispel the mist, but it's already gone.

Still wary, his senses (magical included) primed for anyone nearby, Jack slowly turns his attention back to the Nightshade. "To indulge yourself? In what, a bath?" He raises an eyebrow, tilting his head to gaze down the length of her body, since it's on display and all. "I'd have thought Torchline would have plenty of places you could go to get away."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve focuses on the task at hand, jade eyes narrowed in on the wound, not bothering to pay attention to their surroundings with Jack here. She knows him well enough to know he's doing enough of that for the both of them. Except there is a swirl of familiar mist and a sound of laughter that has her sighing heavily, "No, I'm not. That's the third time I've encountered this. I'm assuming it's some spirit enjoying the season." Her shoulders lift in a dainty shrug, jade eyes meeting his as his fingers linger curled around hers, stilling her movements.

"Not exactly." She murmurs, a smirk curling on painted lips, the necklace he gifted her before still glinting around her throat. "And while there are plenty of places to get away to in Torchline... Too many people know who I am. It's hard to find a moment of peace." Someone always wanted something. Needed something. Had a question or concern. She could barely breathe some days.
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
"Third time? Spirit must like you," Jack grumbles, blue eyes narrowing as if expecting the trickster whatever-it-is to come back and make more trouble for them. When it doesn't, he relaxes a fraction and his fingers slip away from hers once more. "I know a witch who can do an exorcism if it's attached itself t'you," he remarks. "She's a dab hand at hangover cures as well."

As for the Nightshade's reasons, Jack can appreciate the need for a bit of peace and fucking quiet more than most, and he tilts a smirk up at her. "Well, let me fuck right off outta your peace then," he says, absently swatting her hand away from the burn on his neck so he can pull himself to his feet.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve snorts, rolling her eyes, "Perhaps." She acknowledges, a smile continuing to play at her lips as he grumbles and glares. He doesn't pull away from her as she tends to his neck, though. Arching a brow at his suggestion, Maeve lets a quiet hum slip from her, "If it persists I might take you up on that." Though she highly doubts that it has attached itself to her. This was Ludo's favorite season. For all she knew other spirits enjoyed it just as much as it did.

Before he can pull back, Maeve quickly presses a kiss to his cheek, tossing him a wink. "You're such a doll, Jack." She teases, drawing back so he might stand more easily. "Come see me if that doesn't heal up in a day or two. Also, I've got a couple of thoughts about our next quest from Safrin. I'll be gathering up the council soon." The Nightshade informs him, letting him go without another word besides the implication that she'd be seeing him again soon one way or another.

~FIN <3~
Maeve