they will remember you
Remi
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
and on to the glory at my right hand
"I got a letter from a warpriest," Ronin says, trying for conversational, but it comes out a bit flat. "And from Isla," he adds, because there's never going to be a good time for this to come about, so why not now? "She wants to come here with Sunjata to negotiate getting Nate's body back."

Speaking of which, the Huntsman is already approaching the back of the Trinity Temple where the Ascended demigod has been sequestered away. He knows what they are there to do, and the two glass vials between his fingers say as much. But in his mind's eye he's setting the Ranger on fire, or throwing him from the Falling, or even delivering him unharmed directly to Sunjata, just fucking because.

"I've asked for the Knowtbook," he continues.
ronin
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
the lullaby
i don't want the world to see me,
because I don't think they'd understand
With Ronin’s hand clasped within his and the Temple looming ahead, it’s no wonder there’s a frown on Remi’s lips. Even so, the constant swirl of his emotions are more adoring than not, if only because of what a balm on his nerves Ronin always is. Pausing as the Huntsman mentions his letter, the alchemist tilts his head. There’s a slight snarl that curves the corner of one lip before he continues at Ronin’s side with a huff of annoyance. “Darkeye?” He asks, not pausing long enough for the Huntsman to answer. “He came to see me as well. He…” A swirl of exasperation fills the silence that stretches while Remi chooses how best to described the self-proclaimed war priest. “…is incredibly naive.”

Isla is actually an easier topic that has Remi shrugging as he squeezes Ronin’s hand. “I wrote to her as well. We argued over letters for a bit before I snuck into the Grounds.” Said with no small amount of mischievous pride, the alchemist grins. “She was clueless about the whole thing, not that it helps anything. I cannot decide if Wessex acting on her own is better or worse than had this all been coordinated.”
when everything's meant to be broken,
i just want you to know who I am
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Yes, I believe that was his name," Ronin says softly as Darkeye's name hits the air, the Huntsman giving Remi's hand a gentle tug so he might loop his arm around him instead. "I knew a man once, who was incredibly naive. He's not that way any more, but he's still got the sweetest smile," he remarks, leaning in to kiss the corner of the alchemist's mouth, like he can coax out said smile.

"Sneaking into the Grounds? When did you become such a spy?" Ronin wonders, pressing another kiss against Remi's kiss before drawing back, leading them through to where Nate's body lays prone. Ronin doesn't look at it directly, lest he remember the man Nate used to be - the men they all used to be.

"It's worse," he says of Wessex. "Because she's still acting on her own. Isla wouldn't give up the Knowtbook - she offered one of her own upgrades instead."
ronin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
"Yes well, " Remi begins, before grumbling as he's sweetly kissed. "That naive man did not go around demanding things of leaders and professing
he knew better than everyone else. Quite the opposite if I remember right."
Leaning against Ronin and sliding his arm around the Huntsman's waist, the alchemist has little energy to smile just now. "I am sure you will do better with Darkeye than I did, but..." Clicking his teeth together, Remi just offers Ronin a you'll see glance over his shoulder.

"I learned it from you." He replies, feeling none of the same compulsions to look away from Nate's body. Instead, Remi looks upon the Ranger with an expression of disappointment. 'Things could have been so different...' He murmurs, more to himself than to anyone else, before glancing up sharply.

"Much as I love Isla, her upgrades are not..." Grimacing, the Lullaby shrugs. "I would not trade them for Nate. One of Wessex's upgrades though?" A faintly fiendish grin spreads across his lips at that. "Or all of them, maybe."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Mm, you were a very shy one back then. What in Caido happened?" Ronin murmurs, nuzzling behind Remi's ear. "Don't answer that, actually. We both know." And it's better not to think about it, especially given the body that lays before them. "Perhaps I can spin his opinion of you back towards something positive," he suggests, releasing the alchemist so he can get this business over with.

"Mm... dinners at Torchline, wedding parties... life goes on," he mutters, one of his fingers morphing into a dragon's claw so he can open a wound on the Ranger's forearm, collecting two vials of fluid. "Way ahead of you," he says with a grin over his shoulder. "I know I wouldn't be able to get her to give up all of them. But that nasty one, the splashback? I asked for that - and they agreed."
ronin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"You did." Remi all but purrs, and in addition to the smile that spreads across his lips, his dimples deepen as well. Nodding in agreement that there's no need to list the things which actually made him that way aside from the Huntsman, the alchemist snorts and gives his head a decisive shake. "I do not care what he thinks of me. He will get himself killed before the year is out."

With a grin, Remi folds his arms comfortably over his chest and nods. "We could be dancing right now at some banquet held in your honour." Imagining their toes in the sand and the smell of sea-salt in the air instead of Nate's ruined body has the alchemist holding his breath for a moment that he might keep up the illusion in his mind.

"They...really?" Raising a skeptical brow, Remi thinks this over for a moment as he reaches out to collect a vial of Nate's fluid as well. "I wonder if that means they are planning on just...going to the Voice and asking for another of the same thing."

Remi collects a vial of Nate's fluid.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Well, if he does then he has proved you right in being naive," Ronin says simply, deciding against responding to Remi's first remark lest they start to be less than modest in a temple (as if he hasn't already done questionable things in here). Collecting his two vials and stepping back so that the alchemist can take his turn, the Huntsman makes sure they're tightly sealed before slipping them away into his pocket where he can't think about them.

Grumbling, he does reach for Remi once he's finished, drawing the other man against him and slippin an arm around his waist as if to lead him in a dance. "We should host a ball," he says. "Didn't we plan on organising a masquerade? That sounds like something we'd do."

The point the other man makes is a good one, and Ronin can't help but concede to it. "Really," he confirms, but he sounds a lot less delighted about it. "I suppose even if they do get another one, we've at least bought ourselves some time, right? And I am able to verify that the upgrade is gone. With hitting."
ronin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"I don't know if we planned—" Remi chuckles, easily stepping into Ronin's orbit and then some. Pocketing his own vial of fluid to free up that hand so it might tuck itself into one of the Huntsman's back pockets, he grins. "Having it be a masquerade might be best for everyone's safety anyway." Which is just par for the course of things they've spoken about before.

"I wonder if Safrin or Ludo couldn't...reverse it. Find out how it works and make something similar for us?" If the Voice could do it, surely the heralds could. And if not, then why not Vi or Mort? With so much at stake, running things up the ladder hardly seemed like an overstep.

"Hitting?" Tugging Ronin closer Remi raises a brow as he floods the Huntsman's mind with all sorts of filthy pulses of emotion. "Tell me more."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Oh, absolutely. We'll have to have it out in the Wilds, and everyone who has an Attuned shift with fangs will have to show 'em, so we don't all instantly think they're Ascended," Ronin agrees, and if his own teeth are a little sharp when he grins at Remi, so be it. "Or we could just have our own party with just the two of us, and everyone else can stay at home." And I can have you all to myself goes unsaid, naturally.

His husband makes a decent point about the reverse-upgrade-thing, and it's a damn shame that the Huntsman is rapidly becoming too distracted to give it the credit it deserves. "Oh, you know. Just a little love tap to make sure she's not lying," he mumbles, though the words are spoken along Remi's jawline.

"Why do you smell so good today," he wonders almost to himself, drowning in the emotional flood that comes along with the other man's touch.
ronin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"A choice between a gathering with a bunch of idiots made horny by the upcoming war...or a night in with just you..." Remi smiles. "How will I ever decide? Might have to flip a coin." Drawing closer still until he's comfortably pressed against Ronin, the alchemist lets his head tilt back ever so slightly that the Huntsman might continue to mumble against the stubble on his jaw. "A love tap, is it?" He wonders, sounding both menacing and playful. "I hope you won't be too gentle." Remi adds as he helps himself to a squeeze of his husband's ass through his pocket.

"...I think you are smelling soap." Whether or not Remi is kidding is anyone's guess. "Rare, I know." Continuing the bright flood of emotions intended to thoroughly distract Ronin, Remi slowly allows himself to straighten. "When is this...trade meant to happen? Perhaps we could find our way to the Climb and a certain set of hotsprings..."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"A night in with me made horny by the upcoming war," Ronin clarifies, just in case Remi needs it. "Not to mention the season we're in. I'm surprised I haven't tried to fight everyone who says good morning to you." He's wanted to, don't get him wrong, but it's not a great impression for a new leader to make.

Laughing under his breath and relishing the way their bodies meet, the fabric of his own clothing against his skin feels like a betrayal when he could be touching Remi instead. "Oh, I don't plan to be," he purrs. "Though I did promise safe passage. In and out." Is it a terrible innuendo? Yes. Does he care? Three guesses.

Nibbling against the underside of Remi's jaw, Ronin scoffs out a laugh and very reluctantly straightens up. "It can happen whenever, but I only sent my agreement off this morning, so we can make time for hotsprings. Especially with a compass to get us back here."
ronin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"I was wondering about that, actually." Remi muses, stringing out the words to sound skeptical and a touch wounded. "You haven't bloodied a single nose on my account this season....I thought maybe your affections were beginning to fade..." Pouting, but only just, Remi regards the HUntsman from beneath the curtain of his curls, trying his best to look unsure.

"I am surprised you are letting them come here at all." Remi admits with a small huff while his fingertips trace absent patterns up and down Ronin's back. "Gods know Wessex cannot be trusted."

Leaning in to steal a kiss from the Huntsman's lips, Remi very nearly shoves Nate's body off the table upon which it has been meticulously kept that the pair might use it instead. "There's even a shrine we can visit while we are there. Perhaps we could brew some blushberry tea using the water and leave it as an offering."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ordinarily, Remi's antics would have provoked an overdramatic and teasing response from the Huntsman; how dare he not make his husband feel cherished! and so on, but here and now, his reaction is all too serious. "Never," he growls against the side of the alchemist's neck, his grip around the other man growing tighter as he leans up to catch his lips in a bruising kiss. The press of Ronin's tongue is as needy as it is passionate, and the fact that they're standing in a Temple and next to a corpse evidently escapes him.

"I am surprised they agreed to come here," he counters in a scoff against Remi's lips. "Gods know I cannot be trusted either." And so that's that, he supposes. Everyone holding a gun to everyone else's head.

Caught in another kiss, Ronin grumbles his annoyance at their present location and wishes they could just blink and be at the hotsprings. "That," he says, "sounds like a wonderful idea. We ought to go right now." It's too bad that his hands are trying to sneak down the front of Remi's pants.
ronin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
The pressure of Ronin's kiss is nearly enough to split the inside of Remi's lip as it smashes against one of his teeth and gods if he doesn't relish that small blossom of pain. "..and yet.." The alchemist provokes once their lips part before darting forward to teeth the Huntsman's lower lip between his teeth for a moment that he wishes he could stretch out for several hours.

"Mmmmmm. Am I invited, then? Or would you like to face them solo again?" Genuinely asked, Remi wouldn't necessarily be surprised by a yes or a no, not that the alchemist would be terribly inclined to listen if Ronin did want to handle things on his own.

With no real reason to strain for appropriateness within a church and even less concern for Nate's corpse, Ronin will find absolutely no resistance from his husband as the Huntsman's hands begin to wander. Such is the hardship of having only one honourable man in a marriage.