you say you're numb inside
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Unsurprisingly, most of the trip out to Sunjata's residence in King's End had passed in silence. Amun wasn't sure if he'd been sent to keep an eye on the demi-god or if the Flood was along to keep the potter out of trouble, but they'd set off all the same. As usual when he went outside the Ground these days, he wore his illusory cloth over his face to disguise his features.

Zhanshi tunneled along at the two men's feet. As the landshark reported back about strange hollows beneath their feet, the Ascended cleared his throat. "So. How're you holding up?" Glancing over at the other man, Amun pulled the hood of his cloak tighter around his face.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
don't you know i'm no good for you?
It’s only a few things he needed to collect – things he had forgotten about in his haste to come back here before the news broke. But now that it had and he felt more like a shell than he thinks he ever has, at the very least Amun has accompanied him. At the very least he can repay it by accompanying the Ascended to the Barrows. What he doesn’t expect is for him to break the silence – Sunjata having spent the last few hours forgetting not to grind his teeth, only to remember when his jaw is sore.

I’ll be better once I know what they’ve done to his body.” He admits a bit gruffly, huffing a sigh and running a hand through his shorter hair now, having cut it back quite a bit over the summer, keeping it relatively short and less wild aside from the curls at the top. “Can’t cope the way I usually do, though it is nice to be in the Grounds with the rest of you instead of being… Alone. You know.” He mutters toward the end, shrugging a shoulder before he readjusts the pack on his back.
i've learned to lose, you can't afford to
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Nodding at Sunjata's response, Amun didn't reply right away. Walking up a steeper and rockier section of the ground, he kept his gaze trained on the path. "As I told Wessex, if they won't release it as they should I can go on a stealth mission and retrieve it."

Snorting, he glanced over at the other man now that the footing was more even. "Damned by faint praise, there. Happy to do what we can, though." Pausing, the potter cocked his head to one side. "How, exactly, do you typically cope? Wine and women?" He arched an eyebrow at the Flood as he waited for the demi-god to respond.
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
That’s hopefully not necessary.” Sunjata rumbles, following behind Amun on the rocky path, picking his way along it as to not slip before reaching the top once the ground was more even. “It turns out I can explode it if I want to.” It’s said still heavily accented but far more monotone than anything Sunjata has said before. So now, instead, he focuses on the rest of the conversation – catching Amun’s eye with the follow up.

He does manage a huff of a sound to leave him, the ghosting of a smile to cross his face. “The company is nice.” The Flood admits, readjusting the pack on his shoulder as they continue their walk. Silence overcomes him for a few hearbeats too long when the Ascended questions his coping mechanisms, though, even as his head begins to nod. “More or less.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun blinked as Sunjata revealed he could remotely explode Nate's body. Lips parted, the potter stared at the Flood. Even Zhanshi poked his head out of the ground for a moment. Finally, the Ascended snorted. "Neat trick." Hesitating, he scratched his chin. "At the risk of sounding quite hypocritical, though...are we sure more violence is the answer?"

Flashing a fleeting smile at the demi-god, Amun turned to watch the trail again. The little landshark dove under once more as tunneled ahead. "Last I checked, we had wine that few others drank and at least a few women of varying kinds." Pausing, he shifted so he could see the other man's reaction in the corner of the potter's eye. "Including Maea." He arched an eyebrow at Sunjata.

At that point, the Ascended's companion surfaced and bit down on the toe of Amun's boot. Sighing, he crouched down and narrowed his eyes at Zhanshi. "What?" The landshark nibbled on the leather of his shoes for a few more moments before darting underground. The small disturbance in the earth that marked his passing led towards one of those odd hills. Frowning, he glanced over at the Flood. "Mind if we go check out whatever's got him all riled up?"
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Perhaps it was a bit of an ill timed joke, given the way Amun stares  and even the landshark pokes his head out of the ground to stare at Sunjata as well. He works his jaw, continuing to walk even if Amun trails behind, focusing on giving him an actual answer regarding the subject. “It’s the last thing I want to do, but, the Voice told Wessex to tell me it was an option.” That he could speak with the Voice should he wish to – though he doesn’t plan to do that just yet. Not until he has Nate’s body in hand.

I tend to prefer whiskey to wine. Makes the hangover feel more worthwhile.” He mutters, his gaze following the tunneled path Zhanshi picks as Sunjata follows the path ahead. He doesn’t even still when Amun makes the comment of Maea, instead, snorting and shaking his head. “Her and I have agreed not to talk about the past. It’s better that way.” Easier, because at least he doesn’t need to keep apologizing and not apologizing for the things she wishes him to regret.

When it’s quite clear he doesn’t.

He pauses only when Amun does, when the landshark bites Amun on the toe, his steel gaze drawn up to Amun’s own gaze, a seriousness stilling him momentarily. “I don’t mind.” Might make for some excitement, after all. Still, he gestures for Amun to take the lead, trailing only slightly behind the potter.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Nodding, Amun reached out to clasp Sunjata on the shoulder. "If it's a last resort, then perhaps you should at least consider my idea before doing something you can't undo." Arching an eyebrow at the Flood, the potter mustered a smile.

"Yes, because the real issue here is that I got your drink order wrong." Letting out a chuckle, he shrugged one shoulder. "Whiskey and women is still alliterative and we've still got both in the Hollowed Ground."

When the subject of one woman in particular came up, he inclined his head to the demi-god. "If only everyone else did the same and we could all just move on from past slights and look to the future." The Ascended's jaw tightened as he gritted his teeth.

Giving the other man a thumbs up, Amun picked his way across the uneven terrain towards the hillock Zhanshi had headed towards. As the potter rounded the small mound, he stopped for a moment as he was greeted by an unusual sight: there was an iron door set inside a stone doorway. Glancing over at Sunjata, the Ascended pointed at the structure. "So, what exactly is that doing here?"
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
I will consider it, Amun.” Sunjata says a hint roughly, wanting to be done with the conversation over his husband, over the fact that he could in theory use Nate as some kind of trojan horse, some kind of bomb to be set off provided he doesn’t get what he wants. He hopes that Ronin is far more reasonable than that – though he can’t entirely be sure.

As for the rest of it, Sunjata snorts, shaking his head and conceding the point. They do have whiskey there. In the bar that he built. A bar that he’d built in what became a swift memory of the first soul mate he ever had. A part of him wonders what, provided he was forced to stick around as before, he might make in Nate’s memory. A thought that sours his stomach that doesn’t make it easier when the conversation shifts to Maea. He nods, though, humming an agreement. “Would make things far easier. No war, perhaps.” And what a wish that might be.

He doesn’t get to daydream very long, though, following the path Amun leads until they round a small mound – an iron door set inside a stone doorway. Sunjata’s brow lifts in quiet surprise, a small “hmm” that leaves him before he meets the glance Amun gives him. “Not sure. Perhaps it’s worth investigating?” Though he wouldn’t blame Amun if he didn’t want to venture into a possibility of repeating the reason of his absence for so long.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Nodding at Sunjata's words, Amun didn't comment on the subject further. Nor did he probe the Flood regarding his silence around coping mechanisms. Instead, the Ascended just shrugged at the conversation about the future. "Maybe. Or maybe we'd just find new things to fight about." Grimacing, he glanced over at the other man. "On that note, have you heard anything further from Frey about a third option?"

Zhanshi had already disappeared underground as Amun approached the strange door. "I thought you lived here," he teased. Laying both palms on the surface, he ran his fingers over it. "A mysterious structure in the middle of nowhere? What could possibly go wrong?" With a laugh, he activated his latest upgrade. "I'll try to open it from the inside." Then he phased through the entrance.
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It’s also a topic that makes Sunjata grimace slightly too – the lines in his face deepening with the thought, until the question is directed toward Frey, just another event that has that frown remaining on Sunjata’s face. He shakes his head a bit solemnly, the dangling earrings that hang from his ears dance and brush against the side of his neck with the movement. “No. Nothing yet.” Unfortunately. Though he hasn’t exactly gone back to the herald to ask about it.

But the door appears and Sunjata stops, staring at the door with a curious gleam to his steel gaze, one that slips toward Amun as he scoffs – a surprised laugh leaving him and breaking through the melancholy. “I live in the Boondocks.” Not the Barrows. And just because they were neighboring areas didn’t mean jack shit to the Flood. “Just because you say you live in the Grounds in the Domiciles doesn’t mean you know what goes on in the Oasis at all times, do you?” He mutters before he watches the Ascended slip inside.

Sunjata’s back straightens, a tug at his internal shifts has a hint of a surprise crossing over him as the plated armor of his dragon shift begins to coat his neck as he waits for Amun to open the door.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Scratching his chin, Amun nodded. Glancing over at Sunjata, the potter reached out to clasp the Flood's shoulder for a moment. "Understandable. You've had a lot to deal with." The Ascended tried to smile but it came out a little too close to a frown.

"Absolutely, I do. Didn't you know I possessed limited omniscience? I know all in the Ground. Including your clandestine activities." Shooting the demi-god a wink, Amun actually grinned. "Now that you're a demi-god at all that you should work on that. Maybe Frey will grant you the same ability." He wiggled his fingers.

Once he'd passed through the door, he scanned the inside of the mound. The darkness was no barrier to his eyes. There was a small plinth with what he sincerely hoped wasn't a sarcophagus, and some urns, boxes, and other assorted containers set in indents in the wall. Frowning, he turned and reached for the door handle. Straining against it, he pressed his shoulder against the iron as he tried to shove open an entrance that had been undisturbed for only the gods knew how long and hadn't really been designed to open to begin with. If needed, he'd activate his metal manipulation upgrade to help his efforts.
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He has had a lot to deal with and very little of anything to return to Frey with. A quest outgoing, a talk with the Voice, so many things that Sunjata hasn’t accomplished yet, but hopes that perhaps it might be understandable given the current circumstances. Regardless, Amun’s joke cracks a brighter smile from him, an amused scoff leaving him as he rolls his eyes. “For the first time I am finding a lack of people that want to indulge with me.” Perhaps he’d become old news, less fun, no longer a Governor but a simple vagabond.

Still, Sunjata watches as Amun slips within the door of the mound, his arms and neck covered in rough edged black scales as he waits. He steps a bit closer, hearing the sound of Amun on the other side in what seems to be an attempt to get the door open. And after a few moments longer, he swallows and moves to the door to try and help open it – tugging on the handle as Amun tries to shove at it, hoping it doesn’t make some sort of comical collision – though knowing his luck.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun snorted at Sunjata's complaint. "How awful. And yet, I still somehow find that hard to believe," the potter drawled. His eyes traveled up and down the Flood's incredibly long and impressive broad frame. "A tall drink of water like you probably has to beat them off with a stick. Or just beat them off." Waggling his eyebrows, he cocked his head to one side. "Have you actually tried flirting with any eligible bachelors or bachelorettes recently?"

Between his pushing and the demi-god's pulling, plus a little help from the Ascended's metal manipulation upgrade the door finally popped open. His eyes widened as he saw the imminent collision with the other man. Thankfully Amun's latest upgrade had recharged again; he activated it and kept his arms out to the side as the rest of him phased through Sunjata. Emerging out the other side of the Flood, the potter cleared his throat. "Now you can say I've been inside you." He chuckled.
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Used to.” Sunjata shrugs easily to Amun’s bantering, before he’s shaking his head and huffs a sound that’s in part annoyance and in part exasperation. “What makes you assume I haven’t been?” Also, given the news of late, it’s hard to find it in oneself to flirt when truthfully he’d rather not have to think about that. It’s been a while since he has.

Luckily for him, though, the Ascended disappears to the other side of the door and between the two of them working to open the door, it starts to budge. Yet, far too fast for Sunjata to brace himself. The demigod stumbles back right in time for Amun to move through him. The sensation is a weird one and it leaves goosebumps along his skin where the plates of dragonscales don’t cover, and he finds himself shaking off his arms and the feeling of tingles throughout them as he rounds back toward Amun. “Fucking hell.” He curses, shuddering. “Not sure I want to tell people that if it felt like that.” He grimaces.
SUNJATA