you say you're numb inside
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Amun arched an eyebrow as Sunjata attempted to claim he'd put himself out there. "See earlier comment about beating off. That and your complaints about not finding suitable partners from before leads me to conclude you've been shutting yourself up in your rooms." With a shrug, the potter cocked his head to one side.

Rubbing his chest and arms, he snorted. "Aw, I bet you say that to all your partners." Batting his eyelashes at the Flood, the Ascended snorted. "No wonder you're having trouble finding someone to share your bed, if that's how you react. A simple thank you would've sufficed." Pausing, he grimaced. "In all honesty, that's the first time I've done that. Walked through someone, not the other thing." He shuddered a bit.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
don't you know i'm no good for you?
Rolling his eyes, it’s the last thing Sunjata can do because before he knows it the door is between them and he’s tugging while Amun is shouldering the metal, only to have it dislodge from something and open up. The second that Amun passes through him and his body feels all tangly, he huffs a sigh that sounds like he’s trying to catch his breath, runs a hand through his hair as he glances back toward Amun and finds himself rolling his eyes again.

Feels like when your leg falls asleep and you stand on it.” He grumbles, pursing his lips a moment, the scar on the side of his cheek tugging with the movement before he shudders as well and shakes his head with a sigh. “Not exactly my idea of fun.” He can’t help the slight laugh that leaves him this time as he turns away from Amun to the interior of the mound. “What did you find?
i've learned to lose, you can't afford to
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Arching an eyebrow, Amun glanced down at himself before giving Sunjata a once over. As the potter checked the Flood for any signs of something unusual, the Ascended activated a scan. It reported back that he was none worse the wear for having passed through the demi-god, and the other man at least seemed unharmed.

"Some people are into the tingly feeling." Letting out a laugh, Amun waggled his eyebrows. "Yes, yes, whiskey and women, we covered that. Perhaps you need new material for your act."

Moving around Sunjata instead of through this time, the potter commanded the illusory cloth on his face to start glowing. It provided at least a bit of illumination as he headed inside the now open tomb. "It looks like a burial chamber." Zhanshi popped up from the ground and flew in a circle around the coffin at the very center of the room.
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
His posture and body language remain open for Amun to inspect, caring little if the potter wished to check him over or out. He’s fine all things considered, though, taking a moment to shake out his arms now covered in his scales, reaching up with a lightning scarred hand to run along the plates of armor. “I’ve missed this.” He says idly, instead of answering Amun immediately, his gaze lifting to the potter as he raises a brow. “Mm, perhaps so.” Though where to start, he doesn’t know. Doesn’t have the energy to think on it too intensely.

So the Flood follows Amun instead, entering the tomb. He partially shifts his gaze to see through it better – though never as good as Amun likely could see, but it does help – as Zhanshi pops up and Sunjata scans the coffin at the back, moving to step toward it, a hand extended to brush along the edge of the stone with curiosity. “Should we be disturbing it?
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Humming a low note in response to Sunjata's words, Amun doesn't comment further on the subject. Instead, he takes a lap around the inside of the chamber, running his fingers along the shelves. Meeting Zhanshi on the other side, the potter gives his companion a rub before continuing along. Coming to a stop next to the Flood, the Ascended shrugged.

"It's a bit late to be worrying about that now, isn't it?" Letting out a bark of laughter, he leaned over to nudge the demi-god with a shoulder, though given their relative heights it probably hit the other man around the lower arm or chest. "Come on, where's your sense of adventure?" Arching an eyebrow, Amun rested his hands on the lid of the coffin.
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
His gaze drifts down toward Amun with a raised brow yet again, conceding the point that it’s likely too late to be worrying about disturbing it when they’d just had the ordeal with opening the door in the first place. So he swallows, nodding and takes a deep breath when Amun’s nudging his side, hitting him square on the edge of his chest.

Mm, my sense of adventure typically doesn’t involve crypts.” He admits, moving a few steps down to also lay his hands on the lid of the coffin. “So I suppose I’m taking your lead on this one.” Looking up he flashes Amun a wink, before he braces his muscles to try and push open the lid alongside the Ascended.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Looking up, and then further up, because Amun still was surprised at the height difference between the two of them at times, he smirked at Sunjata. "I don't see why not. Isn't this place charming?" The potter gestured at the cobwebbed, dusty, and half-rotted or broken containers that had been sealed in. "Sure, it's a bit of a fixer-upper, it might need a new paint job and some repairs, but with enough work this place could be positively cozy. Lucky we've got a handyman and the head of the Art-isan's Guild here, right."

Taking a deep breath, he straightened his shoulders. Bracing against the lid of the coffin, he didn't begin pushing just yet. Instead, he merely took another scan of the interior. "Spirits of this place, we do not mean to disturb your rest. We merely wish to know more about you so that we can learn your story and share it with the world." He waited until the last echoes of his voice died away. Then, with Zhanshi at his heels, the Ascended started to help the Flood open the coffin.

The sound of stone screeching on stone filled the air where Amun's words had just been. Slowly, a crack appeared as they shifted the top to the side. Standing on his tiptoes, he peered at the remains that were slowly being revealed to his enhanced vision.
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Eh…?” Sunjata trails off, certainly making a show of a grimace on his face – the way it tugs on the half Glasgow smile on his face, creasing his eye with the effort it takes. “Sure, because of all of the places in King’s End, this is the one.” A breathy laugh leaves him as he moves to brace himself, waiting until Amun’s words are finished echoing off the insides of the crypt.

And when the potter is ready, Sunjata’s muscle tense with the effort it takes to move the stone off the top. Though, it isn’t as difficult as he originally thought – the idea of him somehow becoming stronger despite everything he’s dealt with is a fact that doesn’t go unnoticed with this realization. He does wince, however, at the screech of stone against stone, and before he knows it there’s a crack as they move it.

Sunjata doesn’t have to stand on his tip toes to look into it, instead he braces his non scarred hand on the lid as he peers in, unable to see as well as Amun does so he waits a moment. “What do you see?
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun arched an eyebrow. "Don't knock it until you try it," he teased. "Besides, at least it's closer than the Boondocks. Add a few torches and it'll totally fit that dark, broody thing you do so well."

Continuing to shove the coffin lid open, he grunted. Glancing over and up at Sunjata, the potter met the Flood's gaze. "I see..." the Ascended whispered. "I see dead people." Letting out a moan and letting his eyes roll up in his head for a moment, he ended the performance with a wink. "It's just a corpse. A well preserved one, but still." Leaning forward, he activated his illusory cloth and had it glow again, which would hopefully shed some light on the inhabitant of the coffin.

It was wrapped in a burial shroud, but that had been eaten away over the years by critters and time. In the holes, a skeleton with its hands clasped around something maybe metallic, maybe stone, clad in ragged clothing that had clearly been high quality work once upon a time could be seen. Amun focused on making sure the lid didn't topple to the ground before completing an inspection of the inside of the coffin.
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Ah, I’m glad to know that you associate my brooding with the dead.” He rolls his eyes and there’s an exasperated sigh that leaves him, and he’s tempted to ignore Amun for a few moments longer even after the inside of the coffin is revealed. It’s an awkward moment for Sunjata, one that has him swallowing down any other thoughts as he peers in and sees what Amun is talking about.

Truthfully, the way its positioned doesn’t help Sunjata’s mood any – if anything, he steps away from the casket surprisingly quickly, looking around at anything else to try and get that image burned out of his mind. It’s too close to memories of Korofi to surface now, not with everything else going on, and so he does his best to try and distract himself, muscles working in his jaw overtime as he clenches his teeth.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
"In my defense, I also associate your brooding with sunny days and rainbows," Amun pointed out. Shooting a wink at Sunjata, the potter cocked his head to one side. "I mean, it's a good look on you, but maybe try busting out a smile every now and then. It might do wonders for your complexion."

As the Flood rapidly retreated from the coffin, the Ascended raised an eyebrow at the other man. However, Amun didn't say anything. Instead, he just bent down and tried to get a grip on the lid of the sarcophagus.

Unfortunately, while both of them focused their attention on the center of the room, the door suddenly swung shut with an admittedly ominous clang. It plunged the room into darkness. That wasn't an issue for him, but Sunjata probably would freak out.
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A smile?” Sunjata scoffs, letting the thought cross him. He wasn’t made for smiles, wasn’t made for that incredibly sunny, brilliant personality regardless of what his nickname might be. He was more like the brief flash of sunlight through the dourness of the cloud cover, after it’s rained for weeks on end only to get a peek at the gilded glow, a moment of warmth, before it’s fleeting again. “It’s a bit crooked now, given the scar.” He uses it as a distraction, his hand rising to gesture to the half Glasgow smile that spans his cheek.

He distances himself from the coffin, looking toward anything else but the body within the casket, and he admittedly jumps when the door slams shut, the Flood partially shifting into horns and scales and everything sharp. His teeth extend into the sharp points of his dragon shift as well, horns curling through his hair, claws at the tips of his fingers, eyes slit to take in as much light as he can. “Fucker.” He hisses, stepping toward the door, searching for a handle or a space to start shoving.
SUNJATA

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
A sudden bout of mist begins to swirl rather charmingly around your heels. It’s gone nearly as quickly as it came, followed by the indistinct sound of faraway laughter.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
As Sunjata gave his now crooked smile, Amun stood on his tiptoes. Reaching up, he tried to push both ends of the Flood's lips higher. "I think the words you're looking for is dashing and mysterious." The potter winked before releasing the demi-god's face.

The door clanged shut and the Ascended spun to face it. Putting a hand on the other man's elbow, Amun gave it a little squeeze. "Don't freak out. It was probably just a gust, and I have multiple ways of getting us out of here." He tried to guide Sunjata closer to the exit. "What is your smallest shift?"

Then, of course that damned fog and laughter sprang up. The potter glared at the ground. "I am going to have the last laugh, you asshat of a spirit." He kicked at the mist.
AMUN