It went from a spark to an open flame
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
the lullaby
How do I learn my dreams to mold
To lay them bare in the morning cold?
That the Cathedral boasted a high rocky ceiling caused a steady trail of mist from Frey's Breath to constantly flow into the open space before rising upwards. Caught on the black stone it would coalesce and form stalactites, which in turn would form stalagmites. Like giant teeth protruding around the 'pews', the partial mist and shimmer of light caught on the obsidian would give clever minds reason to pause and consider turning back.

With a towel draped loosely around his waist and his barefoot slapping against the stone floor, there was no hesitation on Remi's part as he followed the whorls of steam. "When you think about it, given how both are made, there really is not much of a difference between tea and gin." He calls over his shoulder, frowning at the echo of his voice and nearly dropping the pot of blushberry tea he held because of a particularly phallic stalagmite in his path.
If they're still out there then the chasm grows
For all you know, for all you've known
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
the darkstar
"Are you suggesting that we ought to have brought blushberry gin as an offering instead? Because I think I drank it all back in the hotsprings." And the rosy flush that sits high in Ronin's cheeks shows as much, but whatever effect the blushberries seemed to have on him previously is now mitigated by the alcohol. It explains the ease with which he sidles up behind Remi, the towel that sits low on his hips not fastened very securely at all (he doesn't give a fuck).

Still dewy with water and steam from the springs, he leans in to press a breathy kiss against the back of Remi's neck, his hands sneaking around his husband's waist to help hold the tea - or that's his excuse, anyway. "Careful," he murmurs about the stalagmite, steering them around it and towards the shrine.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
"No, just making a point." Remi says with a sly bob of his eyebrows. His mind was creating an argument about what was appropriate to drink and when, but was suddenly and quite thoroughly nudged off track by the Huntsman's musculature, (specifically where it met the loose line of his towel), seen. Still slightly befuddled by their previous cocktails, it's with a coral blush that Remi manages to drag his eyes up from the V-shape formed by the Huntsman's lower abs, to the unhelpfully bright blue of his eyes. "You really are too much, you know that?" Rather than being sassily asked as Ronin might have expected, instead the question sounds genuinely posed and rather softly asked.

Tilting his chin back over his shoulder and shivering into Ronin's embrace, Remi's lips part as he sinks backwards slightly. "Never." He mumbles, resting the back of his head against one of Ronin's shoulders and grinning mischievously up into the darkness above.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Bright blue meets seaglass green, and in the steam and mist that rolls from the craggy walls of the cathedral, the men might seem as though they've just stepped out of some dramatic Renaissance painting. "I know," he replies to Remi, his response just as sincere as the question. "Just for you, though. No one else gets my best, only you." Holding the other man easily against his chest as he leans back, Ronin grins wickedly into the mess of damp curls snug against his shoulder.

"Never? Good thing you have me to help you," he murmurs, helping to steer the other man forward and around the stalagmite so they might find the old gods shrine and leave their offering. "I love you," he murmurs suddenly, as if it has just occurred to him again in this moment just how much it's true, and the bubble of his emotions only amplify the words.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"They would all jump at the chance for even your mediocre, though." Remi hums, closing his eyes to better allow his mind to reel at the sensation of mist-slick skin and the absurdity of how easy it was to fall in love with Ronin over and over again.

Given that there wasn't anything around to enjoy the tea, Remi pours it over the pyramid of bones, making a concerted effort to get the bulk of it in the gaping jaws of the skulls. Glancing over his shoulder as if Ronin had merely been commenting about the weather, Remi is halfway through muttering, "mmm?" When he feels the brush of the Huntsman's emotions like a cool breeze at the back of his mind.

Dropping the teapot where it smashes on the mirror-smooth floor, Remi turns without concern for it at all that he might give his husband his full attention. Regarding Ronin slowly, the alchemist gives himself all the time needed to drink him in; the scars, the presence of tan lines which speak of a year sorely lacking in rest (and thus beach-front nudity), the godly body, and eyes that burned like blue fire despite the shadows beneath them. Wordlessly Remi finds himself suddenly with his arms around Ronin's neck, dragging the Huntsman close. If you love me, then love me. He begs silently as his tongue searches the Huntsman's mouth for the taste of the words just spoken.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"They can jump all they like - they'll only get my mediocre regardless," Ronin informs his husband in a low, quiet voice, watching with mild interest as the tea fills the jaws of all the skulls. He thinks the old gods will like it - there's a beauty and a morbidity to it that Safrin and Ludo can both appreciate, and the tea itself is both iterations of Frey.

Later he'll be glad that they did manage to leave their offering before his attention is stolen, lest their bodies write the story of their devotion instead. (Who knows, the gods might like that just as much?) Remi's arms slip around his neck while the Huntsman is still reeling and caught in the other man's gaze, and he's smiling raher stupidly even as their lips meet.

He almost says Again? before belatedly remembering that they're Remi and Ronin Taliesin, and it doesn't matter when they last had each other. Melting against the other man's body, his hands are firm and yet gentle in their explorations, and already he's pressing the alchemist up against the hot, smooth obsidian. And how do you want to be loved? he asks through the bond while his tongue is busy.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
The day Ronin stops being both familiar and nuanced will be one the alchemist won't want to see the far side of. Just like this, he whispers in response, curling one of his legs around the Huntsman's calves to further lock them together. Just like this.. Nothing so frenzied as their hot-spring-sexcapades, and while it might be Remi's kraken-instincts that demanded he keeps himself tangled around Ronin if only a little longer, gods but why shouldn't he?

Sliding a tentacle down to strip them both of their towels, the Lullaby sighs with relief as if it had been years instead of mere minutes since he'd felt the full press of Ronin against him. "You know the way it feels when you miss someone, and then finally see them again? The...the.." Whether he just doesn't have the words (he doesn't), or if he's simply too tempted by Ronin's lips to keep using his own to speak (he is), Remi opts to send a surge of emotion Ronin's way that the might kiss the Huntsman instead.

The feeling Remi was apparently trying to explain, was a bright yellow flash of joy, sharpened by excitement, only to be exploded by relief. It looked a bit like a mosaic, if it had been dropped onto the ground but managed to retain some semblance of order.

"That, is how I feel about you when you just walk out of a room." He admits, flushed from the blushberries still but not minding one bit.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Just like this? Ronin repeats, smiling against Remi's lips as the other man's legs (and extra appendages) rid them of the precious little modesty they've managed to maintain between the hotsprings and the cathedral. I think I can do that As they often are, the two men are of the same mind, and Ronin's touch is as soft as it is thorough, his hands travelling the length of Remi's body as if to map it all anew.

The emotion seems to flood straight through him, sinking deep into his skin and vibrating through his bones, Ronin humming a note of exquisite need into their kiss, before he drags his lips down to press them against Remi's throat. He wants to respond with something equally as poetic, but gods if anyone can steal the silver from his tongue it's the alchemist, and Ronin is left adrift in the deep and boundless love being thrown at him from all angles.

"What's your favourite place?" he mumbles. "And I don't mean with me. Just... if you could go anywhere in Caido, where would you want to go?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
It's perfectly not enough, and though Remi wants to beg for more, it's only the utter lack of how he'd answer the inevitable how? that keeps him quiet. Or, at least quiet on that subject. Moaning warmly against Ronin's lips, Remi simultaneously tangles one hand in the Huntsman's hair as the other parades down his husband's spine.

"mm?" Distracted, twitterpated, and still blushing from their tea, it sounds as if Ronin is speaking in tongues rather than asking him a real question. "..where..?" He repeats, before tilting his head upright from where Ronin's kisses have pushed it back. Catching sight of their nakedness in his peripheral vision has Remi hissing in a sharp breath as warmth floods up from the balls of his feet and into the tips of his fingers.

"The waterfall in the Greatwood..." He decides at last. "But not just that. It's...the walk to it, as well. Where the paths are covered in so much moss you couldn't make a sound if you tried and it feels as though gravity is someone less for how buoyant it is beneath your feet. Following not any path in particular, but just the sound of the waterfall, until it's suddenly right in front of you, just roaring and red."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Ronin's back arches beneath Remi's touch, an act that naturally presses them together further, and the Huntsman needs absolutely no help to kindle the fire low in his belly. He's already well on his way to standing to attention, in fact, and it's only the alchemist having the audacity to answer his question that prevents him from growing bolder with his touches. He draws back enough to listen properly, his eyes a soft and almost molten blue in the obsidian shadows.

"Marry me there," he whispers, a devilish smile spreading across his face. "Again, I mean. Just you and I this time. No blight, no rules, no nothing. Marry me at the waterfall in the Greatwood, before this stupid war gets any worse."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
Remi's lips form a wh— shape as his eyebrows pinch together. There's no time to state the obvious before Ronin is clarifying, but the Huntsman's words don't remove the alchemist's look of befuddled confusion. Letting his eyes slip back and forth between Ronin's as if one might hold information the other does not, eventually Remi pulls the hand from Ronin's hair and presses it against his own, before lowering it as if expecting it to be covered in blood.

"Sorry," Remi mumbles apologetically. "I was just checking to see if I was concussed." As far as impromptu proposals went, that seemed to be the standard. Swallowing, his toes curling and uncurling as nervous energy made the balls of his fitch itch, Remi gives his head a slight shake, causing droplets of moisture to release from his curls and drip down his neck and forehead.

"Damn, I knew I should have said the Cordillera." He mumbles after a moment, letting his hand fall comfortably against Ronin's hip while still scouring his husband's face for any indication that this was...a joke? an indication one of them was dying? some underhanded Safrin-plot?

At the end of the day, did he really care?

"Yes." He breathes as he leans forward to reiterate the word with his lips and tongue. I would marry you again every day, in all of the very worst places Caido has to offer, not just the best. It's a giddy sort of emotion that sings out of Remi's skin then, something that shimmers and sizzles like a mirage of lightning.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Given that they are pressed so close together, Ronin has a direct tap into his husband's emotions; so it is that there is no nervousness as Remi seems befuddled. In fact, the smile on the Huntsman's face only grows, especially as the alchemist checks for a concussion. "Mm, I knocked you on the back of the head when we were in the hotsprings," he murmurs, bouncing his eyebrows at him. "So you have to say yes, it's only fair."

There is no doubt in Ronin's mind that his husband would have said the Cordillera if they had actually visited there before, so he's sort of glad that it's the waterfall instead. But as Remi surges forward and agrees, he already knows he'd follow the Lullaby to the ends of Caido and back again if that's what he wants.

I'll hold you to that, Remi Taliesin, he vows, deepening the kiss and letting the crackle of excitement he feels whiplash through their Attuned bond. Now gods, lay back and let me love you.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"That and more." Remi agrees, slowly smiling. "And if I have to say yes..."

As long as you kiss me while you do it, you can hold me to anything you like. Remi answers. Both his mental voice and emotions have been tinged with a boyish joy that coats his every thought in a sheen of summer gold. Pressing his fingertips in earnest against Ronin's skin to tug him forward even as the Huntsman gives the same instructions, the alchemist shivers with weightless anticipation as warm smooth obsidian sandwiches him beneath Ronin's equally warm (if not smooth in quite the same way) body.

You— It isn't so much a thought as it is the culmination of Remi's pulse, his breath, and his every single thought, desperately needing and wanting the same thing such that it practically sings out of him. A thousand times, you.

~FIN