{SE} you're my honey pie
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

All it had taken was one letter to Sah expressing how much she missed the twins for him to suggest a visit. While Luka didn’t choose to join them, wanting to follow after his poppa for the day without his little sister (shocker), Maeve was glad that Sol chose to still come along. Maeve greets her at the portal with a bright smile and a new dress, ”Hello, my love! How are you? I missed you so much.” She gushes, wrapping her in a tight hug and pressing kisses to her cheeks, laughing as she breathes in the familiar scent of snow and sunshine that seem to cling to the girl.

”I thought we might do some baking today. What do you think?” The Nightshade draws back, smiling down at the girl as she cups her cheeks, thumbs brushing across the smooth skin. ”But first, I got you something.” A perfectly wrapped package tied with a pretty bow is presented to the girl as she waits for her to rip into it.
the only heaven I'll be sent to
is when I'm along with you
Soleil Lovi
Adv

Age: 20 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 2 - Int:
DIANA - Regular - Arctic Wolf
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Soleil

While it feels strange to not have her brother at her side, her father’s strong arms and the smiling face that emerges on the other side of the portal are more than enough to chase the lingering feeling of unnaturalness that her twin’s absence brings. Soleil beams and throws her arms around Maeve as soon as the beautiful woman embraces her, little arms squeezing tight as the little shivers borne from the snows of Halo slowly seep out of her bones. “Maeve! I missed you too,” Sol chirps, her father practically forgotten as she giggles her way through the smattered kisses and then buries her face in the Queen’s smooth clavicle and reorients herself with the natural scent she wears. It is still strange to her, these adornments that alter the natural chemistry of skin and sweat, but it’s pleasant to her human nose.

“I want to learn! What are we gonna bake?” she breathes excitedly as her feet find the sandy shore once more, smiling up at Maeve like a miniature sun. So much surer of herself now that she is reunited with her father. Confident and blossoming where she had been cagey and withdrawn. A gasp of delight meets the presentation of the gift, big amber eyes gone huge with surprise and a touch of emotion. “For me? You’re sure?” Her voice is an awed, hopeful whisper, and only once Maeve nods does she begin ripping apart the wrapping paper eagerly, delighting in the noises as much as the action.
a happy soul is the best shield
for a cruel world
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

The Nightshade lets out a long breath as the child buries her face against her chest, a tension she didn't realize had settled over her seeping out of her with the prolonged contact, taking her fill of the hug before she finally releases her. "Some little cookies to have at our tea party." And some to share with Ludo, of course.

A laugh bubbles up from her and she nods in response to the question, "Absolutely sure. Go on, see what's inside." As the child tears into the package she will quickly find a beautiful new dress that's better suited for colder weather. As well as a pair of tights, mittens, and a hat. "So you can still wear it in Halo. Even when it's cold." Something that never changed. With gifts given and greetings exchanged, Maeve takes her hand, leading her through the streets towards the Halenani.

The kitchen is free for the afternoon now that lunch has been served, leaving them with plenty of room to work. Their ingredients and utensils already laid out for them. "First things first, we wash our hands. Then we measure all of the dry ingredients."
Soleil

Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by:
Change author:
MP: 0
Soleil

“I like cookies,” Soleil assures very seriously, as if the matter of what they are to bake is of grave importance. Tea is something she already knows she likes after days at Maeve’s side, drinking from cups that had been unwieldy and delicate in newly human hands. Maeve had gently coached her through the proper way to hold it. Hopefully today will be another wonderful memory like that.

The gasp sounds again, but sharper and more excited as what’s within is revealed. Gently gathering the clothes to her chest Soleil looks up at Maeve, eyes a little wet but smile bright. “I love them,” she whispers like a secret just for the two of them. Her father had said such clothes existed that she could wear in Halo, but the proof of it is now in her hands. “Thank you,” is uttered shyly, heartfelt. She holds onto the garments proudly with one arm all through town, the other free to hold Maeve’s hand, and only once they arrive in the kitchen does she reluctantly set down her new gift.

“Okay!” she agrees in a happy burst of sound, skittering over to the sink to wash her hands. Pausing with them wet she turns and tries to see past her hair clouding her peripheral vision. “Um…can you help me put my hair up?” she asks shyly, still too uncoordinated in her youth to do so herself.
for a cruel world
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Whenever Maeve had been pregnant with Edmund, there was a part of her that hoped it would be a girl, wanting nothing more than to have a daughter to dote upon. Of course, she wouldn't trade Edmund for anything. The Nightshade loved her son more than anything, but having Sol in her life only made the yearning for a girl of her own stronger. Especially when she lit up at the gift, amber eyes glassy with tears, shyly thanking her for such a small thing. "Of course, darling girl. Every young lady needs a proper winter dress." Maeve makes sure to put the clothes out of the way so they won't get messy before washing her own hands and tying on an apron.

Maeve gets one for Sol as well, slipping it over her head and tying it around her tiny waist, making sure it would keep her clothes clean. Her smile is soft at Sol's question, nodding easily, "Absolutely." Maeve kneels behind Sol, carefully gathering up the hair into two little puffs on her head, tying them with a little leather cord to keep them in place. "There! Perfect." Pressing another kiss to her cheek before standing, the Nightshade pulls over a stool so she can reach the counter.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
When you see something out of the corner of your eye, turn to look, and see nothing at all, what should you conclude? That you were having a hallucination? Or that your peripheral vision is perhaps not to be trusted. Ask yourself, are you tired? Drunk? Under the influence of something? Is the lighting good? Are there lots of moving shadows about? Are there reasons you have to think that your mind is playing tricks on you?

Because...well, because it would be absurd to think that out of the corner of your eye you had just seen a house. A house with a figure slamming its hands against one of the upper windows with enough force to shatter it, and then...

Well, then you looked and it was gone.

Nah, you're probably just tired.
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:
Soleil

With both of her mothers lost, and still so desperately in need of maternal guidance, it’s no surprise Soleil feels exactly the same way about Maeve. Why she had been so eager and willing to return and visit despite the journey. The kitchen is thankfully outfitted with stools - likely Maeve’s forward thinking - so that she can be independent in her preparation despite the natural childish fumbling with the soap. She eagerly ducks her head for the apron, the neck tie sliding over her cloudlike curls only to pop free and have them spring up again. She stands patient and still for the taming of her hair, hands tapping out an idle rhythm on her thighs, eyes closed and basking in the gentle manipulation of her locks.

Sprinted up and prepared - and with another giggle at the kiss to her cheek - Soleil spins around eagerly, beaming. “Ready! Let’s make cookies!” she crows happily. Only for something terrible and alarming to appear in the corner of her eye, something distant but simultaneously close enough to see the pounding of frantic hands. Soleil startles hard, jumping sideways and colliding into Maeve with a strangled shout. But when she turns towards the image it’s gone, and she’s left shaken. “Maeve?” her reedy voice warbles as she reaches to fist her hand in the woman’s clothes, unsure what to say. ‘Did you see that?’ ‘What was it?’
for a cruel world
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve startles as well. More at Sol's reaction than the image itself. Though, she does look back, a crease between her brows, knowing that there isn't anything truly there. The lingering unease is pushed aside however as the little girl whimpers, pressing heavily into her side, tiny fingers wrapping themselves into her skirt. "It's alright, little dove. Probably just some spirit playing a nasty trick. They do that sometimes." Maeve explains, picking her up and placing her on the counter's edge so she can stand before her, eye level with the girl. "And when they do that you can puff up your chest real big, make your best scary face, and say 'go away, spirit!'"

She does this herself, baring her teeth playfully as her fingers tickle along Sol's ribs, "Go away, spirit! No cookies for you!" The Nightshade says firmly, tacking on a little growl at the end as she dives forward, pretending to nom at Sol's shoulder until the child is laughing again. "See? Nothing to worry about." Maeve draws back, offering her a reassuring smile and a boop on the nose before drawing the bowl and flour closer to them. "Now, where were we?"
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:
Soleil

Soleil is light and easy to maneuver, and she goes willingly into Maeve’s hands to be placed upon the counter. She hangs on the Nightshade’s words as if they’re law, unease banished with alacrity. Giggling at Maeve’s display and the tickle of her fingers alike, a scary face is out of the question, but her voice is loud and bright with north as she wriggles and her heels kick against the counter, shouting “Go away spirit!” in echoing chorus.

Her laughter turns into a shriek of delight as she shrinks away from Maeve’s questing teeth, shoulders hiking up like a turtle to hide her neck as she laughs in roiling peals of brightness, trying to playfully push the woman away. Cheeks warm and rosy beneath her brown skin when Maeve relents, the memory of the spirit is banished easily, and Sol focuses anew on the promise of baked sweets. “Cookies!” Turning to the bowl she frowns at it, considering. “So what do we do first?”
for a cruel world
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The laugher is music to her ears and her heart feels lighter just hearing it. Matching Soleil’a smile as she draws back from her quest to eat the little girl up, Maeve hums in thought. ”We should probably start with the flour. First rule of baking, dry ingredients before wet.” She explains, handing Sol a measuring cup so she might scoop the flour out into the bowl that’s waiting. ”We need three cups of flour. Make sure it’s even by scraping off the top.”

This was one of the few recipes Maeve actually knew how to make. She wasn’t the best cook or baker, but her cookies had been perfected since Edmund was born. The two had many a tea party that demanded cookies. What else was she supposed to do besides learn? ”After that comes the baking soda and salt.”
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:
Soleil

Soleil nods, a little bobble headed in her exuberance but with a laser focus as she commits this new rule to memory. Taking the measuring cup, she carefully maneuvers it into the flour bag, moving slowly her first time to gain confidence. Pink tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth as she concentrates.

The flour spills over in a small puff as she levels it, but her apron catches it easily enough, and the girl doesn’t even notice with how intensely focused she is on the cup in her hands. By the time she dumps it in the bowl, it feels as if an age has gone by. But she preens with success all the same, and luckily the next two cups are much smoother and completed faster. Wiping her cheek and leaving an unnoticed smear of flour, Soleil turns bright eyes to her tutor. “Baking soda and salt,” she parrots, looking around the counter. Salt she knows, but baking soda is just another white dry substance to her untrained eye.
for a cruel world
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Much like Edmund the first time they baked together, Soleil was incredibly careful with the flour, the first cup taking ages to make it into the bowl. Eventually she manages, to get the other two measured and poured in as well, "Good job." Maeve hums, reaching out to brush the flour from her cheek, a soft smile on her lips. The salt well is pulled over so she can dip the teaspoon inside and add it to the flower. The baking soda has its own little jar and Maeve opens it up so she can look inside, "Just a little teaspoon of this. It helps the cookies rise some."

The salt and baking soda are added to the flour before being set to the side to be put away later. "Alright. Now we have to cream the sugar, butter, and eggs." A smaller bowl was set on the counter next to the girl, followed by the eggs, softened butter, and sugar. "Have you ever cracked an egg before?" Maeve asks, arching a dark brow as she picks up one of them, gently tapping it against the lip of the bowl before gingerly cracking it into the bowl.
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:
Soleil

Preening with pleasure over the praise, Soleil kicks her heels idly against the counter, careful not to do so too hard but setting a jaunty little beat. Watching as Maeve measures the other two ingredients that require a bit more steady and practiced a hand, Soleil mouths the words to herself to try and commit their effects to memory.

Peering into the new bowl, Soleil shakes her head and marvels at how freely she can do so with her hair tied neatly up. Her dad does what he can, but neither of them are used to her hair - fur was much easier to groom growing up, and Sol is already learning that mostly women have longer hair. “So we’re supposed to break them?” she clarifies, and then wriggles closer with wonder when Maeve does exactly that. Soleil is not the type of child to find joy in destruction, but the sound and revelation of the inner contents were still delightful to see. “Will you help me?” she asks even as she grabs the next egg, tapping it lightly against the rim of the bowl with far too little pressure to be successful.
for a cruel world
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Laughing at the disbelief in Sol's voice, the Nightshade nods in response, "It's one of the few things you're supposed to break." Maeve watches her gingerly take the egg, tapping it against the lip of the bowl without any real pressure, barely even chipping the egg. Placing her hand over Soleil's, Maeve taps a little bit harder against the bowl, cracking it along the middle of the egg. "Alright, now hold both ends and press in with your thumb just a little to separate it." Her hands stay on Sol's the whole time, helping her through the steps, only letting go when the eggs plops into the bowl to join the other.

"See? Not that hard. I bet you can do the other one all by yourself." Confidence strong in her voice as she smiles down at the little girl sitting so sweetly on her counter. Maeve watches closely, ready to step in should she need to, "Don't worry if you get any shells in it. We can just pick them out."