Personal Quest then there were teeth
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
Heave the silver hollow sliver
The Sword had visited the desert far more often than he would’ve liked in the passing season – but circumstances wound and meandered, until there was no escaping the necessity. With the seasonal deity lingering below the surface, people flickering in and out of the dunes, and landsharks remaining a significant threat to any interlopers striving to reach the spriggan, it was an ample opportunity for the guild to learn.

Given the circumstances as it were, and Zuriel’s own past, he took no companions with him, leaving them tucked safely within Halo. Besides, with Noah’s healing powers, should they run into any marring blows, he trusted the Sentinel would be capable of rendering them whole. That, and Deimos had no intention of allowing anyone come to harm’s way.

Only faintly wrinkling his nose at the sudden bout of sulphuric smells, the General turned back towards their gathered team. Traversing together as a group allowed for makeshift planning and devising, some of the same calculations he’d shared with Talyson on their last venture here. The rumbles were low, and said out loud for the courier’s benefit – though he would’ve much preferred Attuned measures and motions for this sort of hunt. “I would like to find a way to get us up higher and out of reach,” pointedly, away from sharper edges and launches from incoming cretins.

He jutted his jaw towards some higher-rising dunes, pondering if that could become their makeshift camp for the moment. “I can create some platforms,” which would allow them all to stand along and shoot at their incoming prey. “But it will take some time, unless a couple of you would like to assist,” to which he grinned lightly. “And we also need some bait.” The fresher, the better.

--

Welcome to the Monster Hunter’s Guild PQ to find and hunt down some landsharks! Please list anything you’re bringing so that they may be incorporated into the PQ/rolls.

Deimos needs two others to help him make some platforms (he’ll create the wood and provide the tools), and two others to go find some bait/other animals in the area. Be careful, nimble, and quiet! No post order!

1. Cordelia
2. Noah
3. Sah
4. Talyson
Unite and spread the heart apart
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Tal had followed eagerly in the wake of Deimos's calm, measured steps - at least until he'd realized Sah was along as well. That had dampened his enthusiasm somewhat though not his determination to impress, wiping the grin from his face as he pretended to nonchalance instead.

A slim, strong rope was wrapped around his waist; armor and potential tool in one. His fighting axe hung from his belt along his right thigh, but this time he'd cobbled together belt loops to hold the three smaller throwing axes he'd brought along on his left side. A small pack on his back held a large waterskin, a packet of dried jerky, three apples, and the smoked-glass goggles he used to reduce sunglare.

The pale draconic silhouette of Boreal circled high overhead, under strict instructions to simply act as a lookout and warn of anything approaching that could interrupt their plans.

"I can help you with the platforms," Tal offered, flicking a respectful glance towards Noah; the Warden's hunting prowess was well-known by Halo's people, and Tal didn't want to get in his way.

Tal will help with the platforms!

He has: 1 rope, 3 throwing axes, 1 fighting axe, 1 waterskin, 3 apples, some jerky,  sun-goggles, and something to prove.
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

"I have one of the lightest shifts here, I think." Aside from Diemos's flying shifts, of course. Something they could use if he wasn't busy creating what they needed for platforms. "I can go off a little ways to see if I can find some birds or something." Meaning that she would be less likely to be detected than the others. Quickly shifting into the form of her fox, pausing briefly to wind around Noah's legs before hurrying off, paws barely a whisper across the sand.

She keeps an eye out for any vultures or whatever else she can find. Cordelia stays low, using what cover she can of the few scruffy bushes to sneak along, darting between them and what few outcroppings of rocks there were scattered through the sands.

Cordelia shifts into a fox and goes hunting!
I don't want to waste away

I want to live another day
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

Sah's lips twitch at Tal's clear displeasure to see him. "I can help with platforms with my telekinesis," he offers to Deimos. It's not just because he wants to annoy Tal, but also because he has little experience hunting in the sand. And given that he can't shift into a smaller form, he's not as inconspicuous as a fox or other possible shift.

Before Cordelia can shift and head out, Sah pulls her in for a brief hug. "Stay safe." He's not a fan of the fact that the sharks could be under them at any moment, even less so of letting his cousin out of his sight. Cordelia can handle herself just fine adn he knows that. But he still worries.

Sah offers to use his telekinesis ot help with the platforms. He's brought everything in his profile, some rations, a filled waterskin, and 3 hunting knives.

Telekinesis: Can move large objects.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered
I think there for I am,
But what if all I do is bleed?
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah
we follow our own steps
while our shadows keeps watching us
To say that the hunter was uncomfortable with his entire council being gone from Halo would be an understatement. The anxiety he felt beneath his breastbone would be easily understood and heard by both Cordelia and Deimos, and Noah had no intentions of hiding it. The faster this was over and they could return to their frozen home, the better. He knew they all shared this sentiment, but with the tensions rising and war on the horizon, it was more tangible than ever.

Letting Deimos keep the lead and arranging them as he saw fit, Noah kept quiet until every job had been filled. "I'll help Cordelia." He said as the fox drifted around his legs and then darted off for the sand. "We'll come as quickly as possible." Noah turned in the sand and removed his bow from around his shoulders. In another swift movement, the hunter draped himself in his invisibility cloak. He wasn't as light as Cordelia, nor as undetectable, so he chose what measures he could.

Noah has every item(except his Sentinel's coat), magic, and shift listed on his profile as well as his bow, 12 arrows within his fire quiver, two hunting knives, and a full skin of water. He is dressed appropriately for the weather.

Noah goes with Cordelia to hunt, draped in his invisibility cloak.

the wrong steps
would be not to start this exodus.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
They worked in units, piecing off together; and were it not for Deimos’ steady hand at creation, the platforms might’ve been done for before they even came off the ground. Timber was orchestrated, and the Sword helped to maneuver proportions in place, but the others, for whatever reason (the heat? A lack of concentration or focus?) seemed to partake in dropping most of the wares.

The courier’s efforts, combined with Sah’s telekinesis, only seemed to connect in the same way both of them conducted with one another; annoyance and irritation. Wood fumbled, fell, ricocheting along the sand. For a moment, Deimos sighed, brow furrowing, pondering if they wouldn’t need bait to entice the landsharks at all. “Careful,” he rumbled, as if the distinction might aid them further, as he sought to follow through on air incantations, sending platforms upward so that they may be secured.

The hunting faction had similar results. Cordelia, despite her small and canny shift, didn’t seem to spot anything in the sandy, dismal haze, and she might’ve had to turn around and try another direction in the heat, had Noah not been with her.

For there, in the distance, wasn’t a landshark, but several roadrunners, racing across the plains of sand.

--

Deimos has created the platforms, but the rest of the team (Talyson and Sah) is struggling to place them properly. Try again!

Noah and Cordelia have spotted a tiny flock of roadrunners. How are you going to snag them?

No post order!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Tal scowled as Sah screwed up his positioning of a support beam again by banging a plank into it or maybe he'd moved his support beam into the way of Sah's plank? and only the General's moderating presence kept him from doing more than grinding his teeth and muttering dire curses under his breath.

"Fuck's sake, Jester, just... just lift your piece higher." Tal was a rather scrawny slender man outside of his heavy parka, especially compared to some of the burlier members of the guild, and without any magic to aid him he was working hard just to hold the support beams steady while other people's telekinesis and air magic swirled around the cross-planks of the platform and attempted to maneuver them into final position.

Tal attempts to brace the support beams below while the crossbeams are laid on top.
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Cordelia

Cordelia spots them a moment after Noah does, golden eyes narrowing as her ears flick forward, pausing in her steps to watch the direction they're going. Roadrunners up ahead, darling. At least five. She says into Noah's mind, running forward to follow after them, planning to cut them off back towards her partner. Cordelia sprints, swinging around in front of them, nipping at their legs to push them back towards Noah so he might take a shot.

Incoming! To your left! I have three coming your way! She doesn't slow, chasing them towards Noah until he can take a shot, knowing better than to let up before she gets close enough.

Cordelia herds the roadrunners towards Noah!

Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

The look Sah sends Tal is positively scathing. "It has nothing to do with how high I'm lifting. You need to hold yours steady and stop waving it around like some drunkard." Although his piece was steady, maybe Tal could benefit from it being higher. The Abandoned wills his magic to lift it just a few more inches. That should be high enough for the courier to actually do his part, right?

Sah holds his magic, trying to make it so that they won't need a third attempt. These platforms need to be made as soon as possible after all. If the shark shows up before they're done, they'll be in trouble.

Sah tries again with the beams, doing his best to hold them steady, and high enough for Tal.

Telekinesis: Can move large objects.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered
I think there for I am,
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah
we follow our own steps
while our shadows keeps watching us
Noah watched as Cordelia moved off to herd the roadrunners towards him. It was a tactic the two of them knew well from having hunting luxere and other deer-like creatures on the tundra for so long. Instinctually, the Sentinel reached back for one of the arrows lodged within his quiver, when he hissed slightly under his breath and realized that he did not want to set the roadrunners on fire -- that would take away their purpose.

Quickly, the hunter slung his bow back across his shoulders and decided for something different. Honing the magic that Vi gifted him with, Noah used it to pulse himself across the sand and -- hopefully -- land in the middle of the roadrunners with enough time and dexterity to simply grab one by the neck.

Noah uses his teleport magic to try and get close enough within the flock to catch a roadrunner bare handed!

the wrong steps
would be not to start this exodus.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Cordelia and Noah’s capability of working together resounded far better than the other three – the fox’s sight working in tandem with Noah’s demi-qualities. While Cordelia corralled, the Sentinel was capable utilizing the speed of his teleportation, snagging at two of the roadrunners bare-handed. The birds, suitably stunned, would likely need to be finished off to be adequate bait.

And again, the other proportions squabbled, bickered, and quarreled like children. A distinct pattern was beginning to form, along with the Sword’s irritation. Had it been some other purpose, he might’ve let all the ridiculous, petty notions go; but these semblances were dangerous and trying, and while they argued over nothing, their concentration was lacking. Once more, if Deimos hadn’t been in place, catching at the beams as they fell and bombarded (one came dangerously close to the courier’s head), the whole thing would’ve come crashing down in the sand.

So a low rumble, furrowed brows, and a darkening expression marked over his features – not to be trifled with any longer. “Enough.” A pause, the clench of his jaw forming tightly, a piercing wake of frustrations beginning to mold the ire along his figure. “If you cannot work together, then leave.” Because these were team units, guild members, forging along treacherous pathways, and he wasn’t going to stand for any of this nonsense during a hunt. The matters could be addressed at home.

His eyes fixed on the horizon, noting Cordelia and Noah’s approach, and not empty-handed. “If you are planning to concentrate and focus on the hunt, get on the platforms.” A direct order to each of them, eyes narrowed, fixating on Abandoned and Accepted alike, before glancing upon the sand, ensuring they weren’t being tracked or noted. Yet..

--

Noah and Cordelia have successfully snagged two roadrunners!

Sah and Talyson’s continued bickering has made their work disastrous again, and if Deimos hadn’t been there, the platforms would’ve surely come down.

For the next round, Noah and Cordelia can lay out the bait and snag a platform to work from. Sah and Talyson (if they can behave) also need to select a platform and ready their weapons.

No post order!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Tal's grumbling cut off abruptly at the chastisement from Deimos and he ducked his head, shooting Sah a dark scowl for making him look bad in front of the General. At least he only had to be told twice, though; thereafter he satisfied himself with shooting daggers at Sah when a telekinetically-balanced beam swung too close to him.

At last the constructions were finished, and Tal slid a hopeful glance towards Deimos. The other man's annoyance at his Sah's earlier troublemaking hadn't appeared to have abated yet, and the courier deflated a little. "Got it, sir," he mumbled. Picking the platform farthest from Sah, Tal swung up with more grace than he would have a month ago; his practice in the climbing wall in the training grounds was beginning to pay off, and he quickly reached the top and began checking his throwing axes for ease of reach and looseness in their carrying loops. He also made sure the bigger axe was ready to use if things went wrong.

Tal picks the platform farthest from Sah and readies his throwing axes and fighting axe.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah straightens up at Deimos' tone, recognizing that it's time to shut up. "Understood." He completely ignores Tal's glare and heads to his own platform. It pleases him that Tal chooses one far away, but he pushes the thought away for now. Deimos is right. It's time to get serious. He can get Tal back later. Throwing him in the snow should do.

The Abandoned draws his blade, ready to activate his lightning at a moment's notice. But first he wants the shark to show itself and go for the bait. Sah has no idea if the lightning would change its trajectory and make teh shark target something other than what they want.

~
Sah heads to his own platform and readies his sword.

Type: Grey | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Electrical Sword | Using Sah's own elemental magic, this sword has the power to electrify those it hits. (Made by Deimos)
I think there for I am,
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Cordelia isn't sure what he plans to do at first as he hesitates with his bow. His hand goes back to his quiver, but he stops short. Her confusion is clear along the bond as she waits for him to act. However, the surge of pride that Cordelia feels as Noah teleports suddenly to simply reach out his hand and snatch one of them around the throat is strong. Almost overwhelming. Her motions slow and she cheers for him in her mind.

And here I was thinking that watching you handle your bow was one of the most attractive things. Cordelia teases, offering him a fox grin as she twins herself around his legs. Only shifting back to stand beside him once the rest of the roadrunners clear off.