strike while the iron's hot
For Amun
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Age: 38 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Alexander

It's been a while since he's worked with metal, having avoided it since he ascended, wary of getting too close to a forge for fear of combustion. That was until the new Art-isan's Guild was established. He heard word of special forges meant to limit exposure and Alexander couldn't shake the itch once the thought was planted in his head. It was with a crate of iron and a few of his choice tools balanced on top that the Ascended pushed into the studio space, dark eyes scanning the room for anyone only to find it relatively empty.

Setting the crate down onto one of the counters, Alexander brushed off his hands on his pants, sauntering towards one of the unlit forges. He crouched, examining the station, brows knitting together as his jaw feathered in thought. It didn't seem too different. He wasn't sure how exactly it was meant to limit exposure, but he figured the people here must of known what they were doing when they made it.
Mount Everest ain't got shit on me
'cause I'm on top of the world, on top of the world
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
if I ever start to think straight
Amun had been working in the backroom. There was a desk riddled with paperwork and his fingers and clothes were more ink-stained than he'd noticed or would ever care to admit. Finishing the latest order form, he blew on it and then sprinkled some sand to get it to dry faster. Eying the empty inkwell, he sighed. Pushing his chair back he yawned out of habit rather than necessity as he wandered into the front room to grab a new one from storage.

However, he stopped short when he realized he had a visitor. Taking a moment to examine the other man, the potter's eyebrows shot up. Clearing his throat, he grinned at the stranger. "You do know they say a watched forge never boils, right?"
this heart will start a riot in me
Amun
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Age: 38 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Alexander

It was the scraping of a chair that alerted him to someone else in the building rather than their voice. He didn't startle as the words rang out, carrying themselves over to him and causing his head to turn, giving the potter a once over. Dark eyes trail slowly along his body, noting the ink stained finger tips and the spots on his linen shirt, a few stray flecks on the tan skin of his his slightly exposed chest. Wasn't this a pleasant surprise. The Ascended felt a smirk curl on his lips, straightening up slowly, leaning his tall frame back against the forge he was just inspecting. "Suppose it's a good thing I don't have it lit then."

The man drawled, a flash of fangs visible as he let his eyes finally meet the other man's, head tilting to the side as a dark eyebrow arched. "I thought the point of ink was to get it on the paper, not yourself." Alexander chuckled, crossing his arms over his chest lightly.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Letting his gaze roam right over the stranger as unabashedly as the other man was examining Amun, he arched an eyebrow. Stepping towards what apparently was a fellow Ascended, the potter looked up to meet the other man's gaze. Not at all bothered by the height difference, Amun grinned. "So you just enjoy sticking your fingers in strange contraptions then? If so, you've come to the right place" He winked.

Glancing down at his ink-stained form, as the stranger drew attention to it, the potter shrugged one shoulder. Moving towards the other end of the forge, it was his turn to slouch against it. "I thought the point of running this Guild was that strangers who no doubt needed something from me would be polite."

Sweeping into a bow, he straightened up with a smile. "I don't believe I've had the pleasure. Amun Arlun, at your service." He straightened up. "Normally I'd offer you my hand, but as you already pointed out I seem to have made a mess. And not the fun kind, either." Wiggling his fingers, he let out a chuckle.
Amun
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Change author:
Alexander

Alexander shifted subtly where he was leaning, flexing just a bit as Amun's own gaze wandered over him from head to toe, doing nothing for the already ridiculous ego of the man. The sight of the grin pulled a matching one to his own lips, head cocking to the side as a chuckle rumbled through his chest, "There are plenty of places I enjoy sticking my fingers. Strange contraptions are just one of them." The Ascended confirmed, a faint accent coloring his words as he spoke.

As Amun approached, Alexander angled his body towards the other man, tipping his head down to offer him a winning smile. "Who says I'm not being polite? If I wanted to be rude, you'd know it." He drawled, voice dipping down as he leaned in closer, tossing a wink in his direction.

The bow was unexpected, but welcome. Finally, someone who greeted him properly. As Amun straightened up, Alexander reached out quickly, taking his hand in his to give it a shake. He doesn't let go as he spoke, "If you think a little bit of mess will deter me, you've got it all wrong, sweetheart. Dare I say I'd be all the more willing to deal if it was the fun kind." He finally released his hand to tip his head towards him again, introducing himself, "Alexander de Winters. Tell me, Amun, what's a man got to do to join your little operation here?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
"Mmmm let me guess. You particularly enjoy sticking them where they don't belong." Waggling his eyebrows at the stranger, Amun's lips twitched into a full on smirk. "You should be careful with that. Something might take a bite." For a moment his tongue darted out and he licked his lower lip.

Barking out a laugh at the other man's 'threat,' the potter held up his hands, palms out. "Oooo scary. I'm quaking in my boots." Narrowing his eyes at his fellow Ascended's wink, Amun snorted and shook his head.

As Alexander captured the potter's hand, he gave his fellow Ascended's fingers a squeeze. "Is that so?" Amun reached up with his free hand to attempt wipe some ink on the bridge of the other man's nose. "And sweetheart? Laying it on a bit thick, don't you think?"

Amun folded his arms across his chest, uncaring if he smeared ink everywhere. "Oh we have a very strenuous recruitment process. You have to ask or be invited." Narrowing his eyes, he cocked his head to one side. "Think you can do that?" Now it was his turn to wink.
Amun

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
When you see something out of the corner of your eye, turn to look, and see nothing at all, what should you conclude? That you were having a hallucination? Or that your peripheral vision is perhaps not to be trusted. Ask yourself, are you tired? Drunk? Under the influence of something? Is the lighting good? Are there lots of moving shadows about? Are there reasons you have to think that your mind is playing tricks on you?

Because...well, because it would be absurd to think that out of the corner of your eye you had just seen a house. A house with a figure slamming its hands against one of the upper windows with enough force to shatter it, and then...

Well, then you looked and it was gone.

Nah, you're probably just tired.
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Change author:
Alexander

"Not without permission." He quipped quickly, matching Amun's smirk with one of his own. His eyes follow the motion of his tongue across his bottom lip, his own darting out to wet his lips, before pressing it to the tip of one of his fangs. "A little pain never hurt anyone." Especially not when it came with a rush of pleasure unlike anything else.

A rumbling chuckle sounded through his chest, "Doesn't take much then, huh?" He teased, head cocking to the side as he regarded him. Not that they stayed that way for long as his hand darted out to seize the other man's easily.

Giving his fingers a squeeze back, the smith dipped his head, "It is." He isn't quite fast enough to dodge Amun's sudden attack, scoffing as ink is smeared over the bridge of his nose, making him wrinkle it slightly. "I could be laying it on thicker. All you have to do is ask." Finally releasing him, the Ascended mirrored his movements, a smile playing on his lips as he leaned casually against the forge.

"I'm sure I can manage it." He drawled, straightening up to his full height, taking a small step closer to the man. Alexander easily towered over him, having to tilt his chin down to meet his gaze, "Amun, I would like the pleasure of joining the guild. If you'll have me?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun arched an eyebrow at Alexander's response. Eyes flicking down to track the movement of the other Ascended's tongue over a fang, the potter chuckled. "Such a gentleman," he teased. "That's not strictly true. Luckily, neither of us has to worry about that, now, do we?"

Snorting, he shook his head. "Let me guess. You often make people quiver." He waggled his eyebrows at the taller man. Lips twitching, the guild master gestured down the length of his body. "I'm sorry to inform you that your usual charms might not be working properly on me." Smirking, he narrowed his eyes.

The smirk deepened at the smear of black ink now adorning Alexander's nose. "Really? Not even begging? Tsk tsk, you're making yourself out to be far too easy." Amun threw his head back a bit and laughed, stretching out the length of his neck as his Adam's apple bobbed.

"Mmmm. Still no begging, but I suppose that'll do." Pushing off the forge, the potter rubbed his hands together. "Just for my own edification, what skills do you actually possess?"
Amun
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Change author:
Alexander

Sweeping into an exaggerated bow, Alexander didn't hesitate to throw him a wink as he met his gaze from beneath his lashes, "I do try." And he did. Alexander, while a bit of a cad and a rake and many other names that followed the same line of thought, wasn't so rude as to not be considerate of something as important as consent. A deep chuckle reverberated through his chest as he straightened once more. "Not in the traditional sense, at least." He drawled smoothly.

If it wouldn't have been such a cheesy response, the ascended would have easily shot back with a 'I bet I could make you quiver', but Alexander was much smoother than that. Feigning a wounded expression, he lifted a hand to his heart, dramatically clutching the loose fabric that covered his chest. "You wound me so. Haven't even given me a proper chance." Because while he might have been flirting, he wasn't trying too hard. At least not yet.

Except Amun gave him a perfect opening, allowing him to slink closer to him, fingers reaching up to brush along his arm as his head cocked to the side. Uncaring of the ink on his nose, the Ascended smirked, eyes darkening considerably, "I could think of better things to do with my mouth that involved you." He purred, voice dropping between them.

He's tempted to reach out and stop him from pulling away, but Alexander let him go, straightening himself up. "I'm a smith by trade. Weaponry is my forte. Particularly blades, but I can also craft more delicate things." Jewelry, armor, and pretty much anything one could think up.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun narrowed his eyes at Alexander. Then the potter's gaze swept over his fellow Ascended's clothes and posture before returning to the other man's features. Amun grinned. "I'm not seeing all that much that's untraditional about you."

Arching an eyebrow, he cocked his head to one side. "Uh huh." He gestured at the space between the two of them. "Then what would you call this, then, if not giving you a chance?" Smirking, he narrowed his eyes at Alexander.

"Again, while you're aiming for sexy you're landing more in the desperate category." The potter barked out a laugh. "Sorry, friend, but you're going to have to up your game, since I'm wise to all your tricks. Practically invented them."

Moving away from the forge, he pointed at the various empty workstations and anvils. "We can always use more smiths. Feel free to set up in any spot that's not already taken." He glanced over his shoulder.
Amun
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Change author:
Alexander

"You just haven't gotten to know me yet." He murmured, expression softening for the first time since they started talking, seeming more genuine.

It was very clear that his usual song and dance wasn't going to work here. Alexander winced at the potter's words, placing a hand over his heart as he feigned hurt, shaking his head. "You wound me." He huffed, pushing off of the forge to trail after him, fingers brushing across one of the free anvils.

Alexander paused, casting his eyes towards Amun, curiosity in his gaze. "What would you do?" He asked, a genuine smile curling on his lips, something smaller and more intimate as he gazed over at him.

"Alright. I'll bring in my stuff." Shift things over from his own work space and settle in here.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Smirking, Amun narrowed his eyes at Alexander. Reaching out, the potter poked the smith in the chest. "Or I've got you pegged and you're too proud to admit it." Still, as the guild master took in the change in his fellow Ascended's demeanor, Amun's own expression softened into a smile. "But I more than welcome the idea of getting better acquainted. Under the right circumstances."

Chuckling, the potter waggled his eyebrows at the other man. "Sure you are. And what, you want me to kiss it and make it feel better?" The guild master shook his head at the idea.

"What, and do your work for you?" Flashing a grin at Alexander, Amun cocked his head to one side. "Well, if I were in your shoes, I suppose I could try asking me about my own line of work." He whistled a few notes then nodded as the smith agreed to set up a spot in the Art-isan's Guild.
Amun
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Change author:
Alexander

Alexander reached up to catch his wrist, holding it for only a second before he released him, "I don't know about all of that." He huffed with a soft laugh, shaking his head at the potter, definitely unwilling to acknowledge that he might be right on this one. Truthfully, Alexander hadn't had anyone call him out before. Not with such brutal honesty. It shouldn't make his stomach swoop and yet, it does.

"And what would you consider to be the right circumstances?" The smith heard himself asking, the smile reaching his eyes as he trailed after the potter, caught in his orbit and unable to keep in one spot.

The question earned the potter a laugh and he arched a brow, "Are you offering?" He teased lightly, a smile still playing on his lips as he paused, head tilting to the side.

Shaking his head, the Ascended hummed, "No, of course not. Simply asking for scientific purposes. I'm taking a survey, you see." The smith chuckled again, pausing in his motions to turn back towards Amun, considering his words. "Hopefully it isn't calligraphy given how much ink is on you and not the paper." He teased, tossing him a wink.

"What is it you do, then? Besides run this wonderful establishment." He genuinely was curious, finding himself wanting to know more about the man with each passing moment.