spare the sympathy
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

"How long do you think it will be before we are banned from Torchline as well?" Isla asks softly as she meanders along the beach, looking for her perfectly perfect shell. It might be difficult to find such a thing in a place where people trudge across the sand, but she'll do her best.

"Perhaps we ought to start thinking of ways to disguise ourselves. Most of us could be Attuned with partial shifts, right? We could try and keep a shift in our back pockets as well, in case anyone gets suspicious." Perhaps this isn't the best time or place for such a heavy discussion - and maybe Amun isn't the best one to have it with - but gods, thngs just keep getting worse.

"What do you need to do out here, again?"
we're gonna separate ourselves tonight
we're always running scared but holding knives
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Amun spared a glance for Isla as he hoisted the chains up higher on his shoulders. Trailing along beside her, he hummed a note as he considered the question. "Formally or informally?" He shrugged as best he could with his burden. "Torchliners aren't big on formal rules. As for informally, well, I'm working on befriending the Nightshade."

Pausing, he added, "I don't mean that in any nefarious or diplomatic sense, I just get along with her." He let out a chuckle.

Sighing as he considered her idea, he clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. At the moment, his own features were disguised by his illusory cloth. "Wessex has some ability to disguise her features, doesn't she? We could always just borrow it from her."

Patting one of the links coiled around his body, he smiled. "I just need to blast these with electricity. But I personally enjoy the beach." Pausing, he uncoiled the lengths of chains, using a bit of his upgrade to help, and  started piling them on the ground in front of him. Once they were free of his body, he raised his palm and shot a pulse of electricity at each in turn.

While he waited for them to cool off, he jerked his head in the direction of the docks. "Got a ship suitable for Ascended and everything." He arched an eyebrow at the Remedy. "Happy to take you sailing later."

Type: Offensive | Level: Basic
Energy Upgrade | Can shoot a pulse of electricity from his palms, up to 10ft.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

"Either, I suppose," Isla says softly. "A ban is a ban, right?" Her smile is wan at best, the Remedy leaning down to inspect the shell of a hermit crab with feigned interest. "I met the Nightshade once as well. She seemed kind." Kindness between two people is easy, though. When a city decides that a race ought to be excluded, though, it doesn't matter how kind the leader is.

"Mm, I suppose we could," she agrees. "But then we wouldn't be able to use any other abilities, would we? Not to mention, that's a lot of biting we'd be doing. Poor Wessex." The smile becomes a touch more genuine as she straightens up again, turning her attention to Amun properly.

It's impressive, watching him with the chains and the electricity, and she leans down again to inspect more shells in earnest. "I used to enjoy the beach as well. I wish the Hollowed Grounds had a place like this." A place where Amun's ship could sail. Isla glances up, raising her eyebrows at him, obviously impressed. "Please," she says. "Do you have a crew?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Amun shrugged a shoulder at Isla's question. It was probably rhetorical but he answered anyway. "Not necessarily. Some bans have more exceptions than others." Flashing the Remedy a smile, he reached out to give her shoulder a squeeze. "Unless and until it happens I'll try not to worry too much about it."

Snorting at the idea of Wessex sharing fluid with all the Ascended, he arched an eyebrow. "Yes. So sad that she'll have to experience the pleasure of a double bite constantly. Especially since she can heal herself." Letting out a chuckle, he patted the cloth that lay over his face. "In all seriousness, if people want to borrow my cloth for excursions they're welcome to." He sent it a command and his features morphed slightly so that he was a blend of his own face and Varus'.

Humming a low note, the potter kept one eye on the chains. The rest of his attention moved to the beach before shifting back to Isla. "We could probably achieve something similar by the Oasis. If not there, I assume I could relocate it to the Boondocks." he suggested.

Shaking his head, he sighed. "No. I kept trying to get the family together for an excursion but the timing never worked out." He bent down to start scouring the sand at his feet for any shells. If he found them, he'd pass them over to her for her inspection.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Smiling softly at the hand that comes to squeeze at her shoulder, Isla tries to draw as much comfort from it as she can, given the reduction in their senses. "Try not to worry about it for the both of us?" she suggests, her tone wry. "As Overseer of the Grounds, I'm not sure I'm able to put it out of my head quite so easily." Uneasy is the head that wears a crown and all that jazz.

Rolling her eyes and bumping her shoulder against Amun's, Isla moves a few feet further down the beach to grab up a selection of shells, discarding some that have imperfections and choosing others as they speak. "Oh? That's very kind of you. I'll put up a notice and let everyone know, if you don't mind. You might find yourself becoming very popular."

She does pull a face, though, at the morphing of features between Amun and Varus. "Don't do that, it's weird," she says, though her tone is jovial.

Nodding absently - the Boondocks is much safer than Torchline, she thinks, given that it's in the Wilds - Isla accepts a few more shells from her fellow Ascended. "Perhaps we can all get together to move the ship," she suggests.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
"I think you'll find I'm very good at not worrying about things that aren't my problem yet." Chuckling, Amun shot Isla a wink. However, although he smiled, he cocked his head to the side and gave her a once over. Letting out a sigh, he shook his head. "Word of completely unsolicited advice? You've got enough on your plate. Don't add something you have no control over."

Putting a hand over his heart, he gasped. Pouting, he batted his eyes at her. "I find the insinuation that I'm not already popular very, very, rude and upsetting and, frankly, shocking I'll have you know." Barking out a laugh, he waggled his eyebrows.

Snorting, he nodded. He sent more commands to his cloth, shifting into someone more generic and random looking with none of his and Varus' features. When she took the shells, the potter shifted to a different section of the beach to repeat the process. "We could, though I'm not sure how long that'd take or if it's possible with the currents. I can maybe ask the Voice for her advice or help next time I see her."

He flashed her a grin. "Perhaps we can have a few of us bite Sunjata. Then shift into dragons, rig some ropes, and fly it over." Putting his arms out to the side, he flapped them a few times.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Glancing up from her shells, Isla flashes a fanged grin Amun's way. "I appreciate the advice, but I was a medic long before I was Overseer. Worrying about things that I have no control over kind of comes with the territory, I'm afraid." Except now she could apply it in a political sense as well as a medical one. People call that personal growth, right?

Still, she barks out a laugh and discards another couple of flawed shells at his dramatics, shaking her head. "I would never. I merely meant to imply that you would be popular for your items rather than your charm and wit."

Having narrowed down her choices between two now, Isla scrutinises her shells and scoffs out a laugh to see Amun flapping his arms. "You know, that's not a bad idea in general. We'd be pretty formidable as a clutch of dragons, wouldn't we?" Providing they don't go crashing into Stormbreak's Tower again.

"This one, I think," she says of the shell she's chosen, dropping the other to the sand.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun arched an eyebrow at Isla's response. Humming a low note, he bent down to check to see if his chains were cool enough yet. When his hand came back fine, he smiled. "Then let me put this another way. Surely you have to understand that you can't save every patient, right? As tough as it is. So try to accept that you won't be able to control everyone, especially those you have no authority over." He shrugged one shoulder.

"Mmmm a likely story." Winking, he barked out a laugh. Grinning at the idea of the Ascended as a group of dragons, he nodded. "Oh, absolutely. We could do tricks and everything."

Pausing, he added, "Is that the word for a group of dragons? A clutch? Fascinating." Giving her a thumbs up when she declared that she'd found her shell, he bent down to start coiling up his chains.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Begrudglingly, Isla rolls her eyes in agreement with Amun. "Yes, alright. I'll give you that point. It is a bitter pill to swallow, though, knowing that you can't save every patient. And it doesn't stop me from trying to do so." And thus, Isla's entire personality in a nutshell.

Giving her shell one last check over, once she's satisfied with it, she slips it away into her pocket where it will stay safe and sound. "Tricks?" She chuckles. "With a ship in tow? I'm not quite sure how much we could manage." She doubts a somersault would be possible, but maybe Amun has other ideas.

"I don't know if that's the right word," she says as they begin to stroll away together back towards Torchline's portal, "But it's the one I'm using. What else would be better, I wonder? A congregation of dragons? A troupe? A flock...?" And so goes the conversation, which anyone would agree is very intellectual.

Right? Right.

~FIN