Key Quest tuck your innocence goodnight
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Like always, Maeve can count on Melita to have her back. The Nightshade fires at one of the tar spirits No Face is that you? and the Honeybee girl follows right after her. It’s distraction enough to give Talyson a chance to escape. Probably for the best. Things are getting dicey, but thankfully the old woman seems content with leaving them be now that they’re focused on the spirits. Amun lashes out at the one the ladies are focused on and Maeve sees no point in shifting her attention elsewhere at the moment. Best to dispatch one before moving on to the rest.

”Maybe there was, but they seemed pretty intent on violence themselves.” Maeve grunts as she draws back her arm to strike again at one of the spirits, Phoenix feather crackling all the while. Embers and sparks jump off of the length of her weapon, but quickly seem to fizzle out before they can catch anything.

Maeve attacks the same spirit again with her whip.

Type: Light | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
Fire Armor | Beautiful armor that when worn downgrades incoming upgraded fire magic, to basic-level.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Upgraded
Phoenix Whip | A magical 15ft whip that creates a small sonic boom and ignites the phoenix feather on its tip when snapped to cause fire damage. When not in use, the feather on the end looks like smouldering embers but is not hot.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
they should have checked the ashes
of the women they burned alive
Considering violence was usually Mel’s answer (and in most cases, the correct one), and they were hitting the spirits (seems like some level of barbarity to me), the honeybee figured Amun still deserved the sass.

And did so in silence, while making snarky faces.

Honing her concentration back upon the task, noting Talyson had made his little escape, and avoiding getting snagged by the spirits was a full-time job anyway. There would probably be more opportunities later. So, the youth aimed for the closest available with her staff once more, intending to rattle and bombard the current adversary.

That old woman was still shifty though.

--

Melita tries to hit the spirits again with her staff.

Type: Dark | Style: Other | Level: Basic
Siabhran | A staff reinforced with the sap of a Wicker Woman. Black as pitch and veined with amber, this staff is nigh unbreakable. Those who are struck with it may experience mild hallucinations lasting up to ten minutes.
because it takes a single wild ember
to bring a whole wildfire to life

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
key quest

Now we're cooking with gas, and all that other shit. It's true that the old woman is still shifty, and it almost looks like there are tentacles flailing from her face for a second, but she's still content with the group's decision to lay the spirits to rest. "They are corporeal now. Fight them back, I will prepare the house!" Surging out of the room, the rest of the equipment - marbles, static device, paper and board - begins to go haywire.

As for the spirits, they're spry little bastards given that they're made of tar (or something like that), slorping along the ceiling and down the walls for better purchase. However, both Maeve and Amun are successful in hitting the creature they aim for, but the Ascended can't quite grip it with his chains. It's still scuttling about for now.

And they take another wild hit at Melita - who unfortunately missed her attack - but are equally unsuccessful. Screeching, they seem to be trying to block the doorway from your ability to exit.

Your randomly chosen post order is as follows:

Spirits 285.5/401

Amun 260/270
Maeve 218.5/264
Melita 318/328

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
As the old woman declared she was heading to do something with the house, Amun's gaze shot towards her. "What does that mean?!" he shouted after her, but she was already gone. Growling something uncomplimentary, he returned his attention towards the ugly looking spirits that were surprisingly difficult to lock down.

That would stop him from trying. At least the chains had hit this time; gathering them as best he could once more, he whipped them at the spirit he'd hit once before. Again, he used his metal manipulation upgrade to help guide them as he tried to trap the spirit and lock it down.

Amun asks the old woman what she meant. He also whips his chains at the spirit he had hit, using his metal manipulation upgrade to help try and entangle it and lock it in place.

Type: Other | Level: Basic
Metal Manipulation Upgrade | When in contact with metal, can conduct electricity through it making it malleable. Surfaces larger than 6ft by 6ft take considerable effort. The ability works best the higher the metal content, becoming unstable at anything below 50%.

Citizenship Ability
The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Another sound hit. Maeve grits her teeth, jaw feathering as she wrenches the whip back again, preparing to strike once more. She hesitates as the old woman suddenly flees the room. Maeve's eyes widen and she mirrors Amun's concern. "Prepare for what?" The Nightshade calls out after her as she activates her bangle again, but there isn't an answer to be heard at the time. She turns her attention back to the spirit she's tag teaming with Amun, drawing her whip back, snapping it towards the corporeal spirit.

"Just stay still!" She hisses to nothing in particular, hoping that her annoyance would actually do something to keep it held down. Not that she thought it actually would, but Maeve said it anyway.

Maeve lashes out at the same spirit again with her whip and activates her Starlight Bangle.

Type: Grey | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
Starlight Bangle | When worn, gives the user +2 to a dexterity roll during a PQ+/KQ. One post cool-down.

Phoenix Whip | A magical 15ft whip that creates a small sonic boom and ignites the phoenix feather on its tip when snapped to cause fire damage. When not in use, the feather on the end looks like smouldering embers but is not hot.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
Call Melita cynical, experienced, or merely done with all of this shit (probably three), but the preparations for the house made her eyes narrow, glancing upward at the rest of her fellow spirit-annihilators. “Well, that sounded ominous.” And she didn’t like it one bit. “Think she’ll try to keep us locked in here?” Or something else especially fucky? Because the honeybee had no intention of doing so.

She wrinkled her nose as her hit went completely off-kilter, especially after years of honing and training for moments like this. But instead of biting down into her frustration, she utilized the bitterness behind her motions and movements, intending to bombard and strike her opponents again. Beginning, for all intents and purposes, a very vehement game of whack-a-spirit.

--

Melita tries to hit the spirits again with her staff.

Siabhran | A staff reinforced with the sap of a Wicker Woman. Black as pitch and veined with amber, this staff is nigh unbreakable. Those who are struck with it may experience mild hallucinations lasting up to ten minutes.

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
key quest

Your calls ring out to an empty doorway, because Shifty Old Woman has already left. Soz huns. Back to whip-and-whack-a-spirit, though!

Amun really isn't having much luck here - as his chains whip out again, they swing and miss the spirit he's aiming for. And it kind of looks as though it blows him a kiss, but that could just be its tar-hand getting stuck to its own face for a moment.

Maeve fares a little better, as does Melita - the whip cracks and Siabhran bonks and really, you've never seen a more devastating whack with a stick.

And maybe the spirits just take offense to Mel, because they're absolutely determined to attack her.

And they succeed, this time.

As Maeve did before her, Melita will feel as though someone has stuck a straw into her soul juicebox and is taking a big old drink. As a bonus, one of the little tar monsters drips right onto her shoulders like a backpack. Have fun with that.

Spirits 219/401

Amun 260/270
Maeve 218.5/264
Melita 247/328

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
No response came from the old woman. Amun stared in the direction she'd disappeared into for the briefest of moments. However, they still had the spirits to deal with, so with a quick shake of his head, he focused on them instead.

Once more, his chains missed the mark. Growling with annoyance, he pressed his lips together as he saw one of them land on Melita. Gathering his chains for another strike, he swept them at the spirit that had managed to land on top of the honeybee girl. His goal was to grab it with his chains and yank it off her, again using his metal manipulation upgrade to try and help guide his attack. At the same time, he activated his phasing upgrade to keep everything but his arms safe from a potential counterattack.

Amun uses his metal manipulation upgrade to try and use his chains to yank the spirit off Melita. He also uses his phasing upgrade to phase everything but his arms to try and avoid a counterattack from the spirits.

Metal Manipulation Upgrade | When in contact with metal, can conduct electricity through it making it malleable. Surfaces larger than 6ft by 6ft take considerable effort. The ability works best the higher the metal content, becoming unstable at anything below 50%.

Type: Defensive | Level: Basic
Can't Touch This | When active, this upgrade allows the user to walk through walls/barriers with a thickness less than 5ft. Can also turn portions (up to 80%) of the body intangible to deflect attacks. Requires a 1 post cool down between uses. Cannot use upgrades stored in parts of the body that are intangible.

Citizenship Ability
The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

There isn't a response and honestly Maeve expects nothing less at this point. It was rather clear that they were going to have to do this themselves. Growling in frustration as the spirits avoid yet another one of Amun's attacks, the Nightshade is wishing that Aidon were here to help with a bit of damage, but quickly takes it back when she sees Melita wilt with a hit. One drops from the ceiling to wrap itself around the honeybee girl and she debates making a strike at it, but she doesn't want to hit Melita. However, Amun seems to have it covered and instead Maeve goes for the one that hasn't been touched yet.

Her arm draws back and the whip cracks across the room with a sonic boom, embers dancing and snapping away from the feather that smolders on the tip, hopefully connecting with the spirit. "Amun, doing a little more than trying to catch one would be helpful, love!"

Maeve hits the untouched spirit with her whip! (Not the one on Mel's back)

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
The old lady was forgotten for a moment. She didn’t expect it – this sudden, draining line upon her soul – exhaustion, fatigue, a disorienting feeling far, far more imposing than Amun’s previous flashbang. She was stunned momentarily, dazed and confused, before shaking her head, turning her head over her shoulder, and seeing the little shit that had caused the notions.

“Get the fuck off of me,” she hissed, raising the staff, attempting to hit any spirits in her wake. A sudden maelstrom, a vicious rage, vehement and fierce, ferocious and headstrong, some nod of gratitude bestowed towards the Ascended for his efforts as the chains burst forth.

--

Melita continues to try and use the staff to hit any spirits around her.

I would like to shrug off the last round of damage with her Citizenship Ability:

Torchline: Torchline has taught you to survive her weather and her terrain. Once per PQ/PQ+/KQ/Drop, you can 'shrug off' half the damage from ONE non-lethal attack. (In order to use this ability, you must put a clear note in the bottom of your post immediately following the attack you want to 'shrug off').

Change author:
key quest

Here we go again. And lookit that, Amun manages not only to hit the spirit on Melita's back, but he yanks it the heck off her as well. With a screech, the tarlike creature becomes enveloped in the Ascended's chains. Good job, buddy!

And Maeve achieves the impossible next. It doesn't look as though her whip, elegant as it is, should come anywhere near the spirit still clinging to the ceiling. And yet it's almost like the creature moves into the attack (it rolled terribly), and she succeeds in a burning whipcrack across its sludgy body.

As for Melita, successfully rallying (good use of that Citizenship kids!) also manages to bonk the departing spirit as it's dragged away by Amun's chains. A clean sweep!

As for the spirits, they're unhappy with Maeve this time, but they don't manage to smack at her.

Spirits 129.5/401

Amun 260/270
Maeve 218.5/264
Melita 282.5/328

Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
"You started this fight, ivy," Amun reminded Maeve. "Besides, weren't you just talking about how you wanted them to stay still?" The whole time, he kept his gaze focused on the spirits, not the Nightshade.

Finally, his chains struck true. Not only did he hit the creature on Melita's shoulders, he actually pulled it off of her to slam into the ground below. Immediately, he activated his metal manipulation upgrade once again. Using it, he tried to have the chains constrict around the spirit. His goal was to squeeze it as tightly as he could, trying to crush it with the chains.

Amun tries to use his metal manipulation upgrade to squeeze and crush the spirit that he pulled off Melita with his chains.

Citizenship Ability

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"Now isn't the time to be a smart ass, clay." Maeve shoots back, no real heat towards him in her voice as she grits her teeth, pulling her whip back from where it sticks to the spirit's tarry body. Her nose wrinkles, taking a step backwards to reposition herself as the creatures seem to shift their attention to her, clearly displeased by her attacks. With the spirit off of Melita and chained by Amun, the Nightshade keeps her focus on the one that's still on the ceiling, deciding that it needed to come down as soon as possible. Activating her Starlight Bangle, hoping it will help her in her attack, Maeve lashes out at the spirit again.

Her whip releasing another firecracker snap as it attempts to bite into the spirit, sparks and embers trailing through the air in a fiery streak behind the feather until it hopefully makes contact with its target.

Maeve activates her Starlight Bangle and attacks the spirit on the ceiling with her whip again.

Type: Grey | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
Starlight Bangle | When worn, gives the user +2 to a dexterity roll during a PQ+/KQ. One post cool-down.

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Not a part of the current bantering squad, Melita could only nod her thanks towards Amun as the spirit was whisked away. Figuring the Ascended had it relatively handled, it being amongst chains and all, the honeybee presumed now would be a good time to bring the bow back out.

Putting the staff away, drawing at her bracelet to ensure the bow was in its place, she narrowed her eyes in speculation towards the spirit Maeve intended to snag and entangled with. Maybe electricity would suit just fine again – with her thoughts not on the strange monster woman anyway – snagging at one from her quiver. Notching it, and taking aim, the youth took a steady breath, before releasing it in another snapping, sparking volley.

--

Melita puts her staff away and uses her bow/electrical arrows to shoot at the spirit on the ceiling.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Bowstring Bracelet | At first this bracelet appears only as a length of intricately braided bowstring. But with an arrow in hand, upon miming the action of knocking and drawing it, the user will feel a bow beneath their fingers, as if it was there all along.

Type: Dark | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Fire/Lightning/Ice Quiver | A magical quiver with two compartments. In one, it turns any arrow placed within into a flaming projectile when shot. In the other, the arrow becomes imbued with electricity. (Made by Remi)