Key Quest tuck your innocence goodnight

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
key quest

You've seen the mist, you've heard the laughter.

You know the signs.

They've been trying to get your attention for days now. Did you listen? Are you coming?

Out on the mistbanks stands a house. The house should not be reachable, given that it is on stilts upon the water, but it is. In the night, black as pitch, the windows flicker with lantern light, and a matronly figure stands in the open doorway, beckoning for entry.

"An unsettled night, this," she says, her face the sort that you think looks monstrous, but only when you catch it out of the corner of your eye.

"Come, come. There are spirits here, and they must be laid to rest."

Welcome to the KQ.

1. Amun
2. Maeve
3. Melita
4. Talyson

Please post your characters arriving and in your summary list whatever non-items they are bringing with them (anything on your profile is automatically assumed to be with you). Items not listed cannot be used later).

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Amun had been out searching for new dyes out in the Oerwoud, since his last trip had been derailed by a small child. As he made his way through the underbrush and the vines everywhere, he heard the distant sound of a waterfall. Frowning, he angled towards it, taking a moment to adjust the chains he wore on either shoulder.

Eventually, he pushed aside some greenery to come upon the shores of a lake. Freezing when he saw the house and the figure in its doorway, he watched both for a moment before clearing his throat. "Evening, miss," he called out. Inclining his head to her, he took a step closer to the water's edge. "What kind of spirits?"

In addition to the items in his inventory, Amun brings two long lengths of chain, a machete, metal gauntlets with the palms bare, and an empty bag.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The Nightshade had returned home not long ago, but the whispers and muttering about a house and mists and laughter seemed to taunt her at every turn. It’s with these thoughts plaguing her mind that she finds herself wandering into the Oerwoud. What she isn’t expecting, however, is to actually find the house. The same house she distinctly remembers seeing in her kitchen while baking with Soleil. The house that she told the little girl not to worry about. @Amum is already there and the Nightshade’s steps come to a stop beside him. ”Spirits? What kind-“ She cuts herself off, Amun finishing the thought before she can.

Taking a deep breath, jade eyes flicking up towards the window where she remembers the girl screaming, banging on the glass so hard it would surely break, half expecting to see her there now. Fingers already itching to wrap around her whip, Maeve let’s her hand rest on the familiar coil lightly, ”How can we help?”

Maeve has everything on her profile and also the bow made by Remi, a quiver of arrows, a small pack containing the following: rope, matches, a knife, and bandages.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
they should have checked the ashes
of the women they burned alive
Oh, she’d seen the signs, multiple times. Like a haze, anywhere and everywhere, from the corner of her eyes, from narrowed stares and furrowed brows and the bizarre contemplation of just what the fuck was going on here.

Fairly typical, all things considered.

So, because Melita was Melita, there was little hesitation in embarking towards said house. She opted to leave Fangorn behind with Sila, seeing as how bringing in a hatchling seemed a bit more impulsive than she was comfortable with.

Nodding her head towards Amun, and winding along just off to the side (uncertain if she should be trusting him either, with the latest damned news), she scooted closer to Maeve, her weaponry outfitted, quiver and bag along her shoulder, her voice rang out from a safe distance. “Do you need some help?”

--

Melita arrives and hangs out near Maeve.

Melita is bringing all items listed on her profile (except the companions – they’re safe at home), and in a bag has a canteen, food, rope, and bandages.
because it takes a single wild ember
to bring a whole wildfire to life
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
He'd definitely taken a wrong turn somewhere.

But the note on the package had specified a house on a lake in the Oerwould, and you didn't get much more on the water than this creepy place. It looked a lot like the one he'd seen in the Climb, but that was crazy.

Wasn't it?

Tal scowled as he approached, waving Boreal back as she circled restlessly overhead. Others had arrived before him and his scowl faded a little as he recognized them. "Hey," he said quietly to the three, tucking himself in behind Maeve and Melita as he juggled the box out of his pack and looked uneasily at the old lady. "Uh. Anyone expecting a delivery?"

Tal sticks himself behind Mel and Maeve and hopes for the best.

He has an axe on his hip, three smaller throwing axes slung from a brace on the other side, and a pack with a water canteen, travel rations (reindeer jerky, apples, and oat bars), knife, rope, firepot, ningo feather kindling, flask of brandy (medicinal), candle, pencil, and a ball of twine. He also has a box wrapped in brown paper!

It contains a black lace shawl and matching fingerless gloves wrapped in tissue paper

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
key quest

No, see, because she obviously needs help. That's why she's beckoning you into the ho-- you know what, never mind.

The old lady's eyes flash, and for a moment it might just look as though she's got a second set of eyes above her own, and that there are a swathe of tentacles writhing out of her shoulders. It's only for a moment, though, and when you blink?

Well, it stings a bit, but when you blink, the house and its open doorway are replaced by the musty interior of a large drawing room. You are seated, all of you, around a circular table, upon which are a number of strange items:

- A Ouija board
- Some writing paper
- A strange device that looks like some lost technology
- A set of marbles

"Select one," the old lady suggests, because of course she is here as well. "And we shall begin. These are dire spirits, my dears. They wish to be unleashed upon the world, and we must prevent them."

Cool, you all take 10 damage for making me have to get you into the house instead of walking in like the old lady asked you stalling. You can each choose something from the table, OR you can collectively decide to select one to begin.

Your randomly chosen post order is as follows:

Amun 260/270
Maeve 254/264
Talyson 38/48
Melita 318/328

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
Blinking at the change in surroundings, Amun looked at the small group that had assembled. Looking down at the table, he hummed a low note. "I don't suppose either of you lovely ladies are willing to offer me a bite in case we need an extra channel?" he asked, looking between Maeve and Melita.

Without waiting for an answer, he scanned the items before them. Reaching out a hand, he hovered it over each of them in turn. Finally, he picked up the strange looking device. "No offense, but I'm probably best equipped to figure out whatever this is." Bringing it closer to his face, he turned it this way and that and tried to determine what it was and what it did, or really any features he could. At the same time, he initiated a scan to see if he could find out anything that way.

Amun chooses the piece of lost technology. He tries to figure out what it is using his INT and activates a scan to see if that can provide any information about the situation.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

There’s a burning behind her eyes that forces her to close them as they’re whisked inside. Only after she feels the chair beneath her and the musty scent of the room presses into her nose does Maeve open her eyes. She glances down at the table, scanning the objects as the woman speaks, making little sense to her. The Nightshade doesn’t want to upset her again and risk more pain. Even if she’s sure she saw her change into something. Gingerly she reaches for the writing paper, knowing better than to mess with the Ouija board and truly not knowing what to do with the marbles.

Choice made, her attention turns to Amun, ”Take mine.” She murmurs, offering him her hand wrist side up so he might more easily sink his fangs into her skin.

Maeve picks the paper and offers her wrist to Amun.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Tal muffled a quiet yelp as he was stung and almost dropped his box. When he looked around again he was already inside even though he hadn't taken a step, and his eyes widened.

"I'm not really... qualified..." he began, a little weakly, but Mel had told him to git good and he trailed off, sneaking a glance at the fiery haired girl. Maybe... this would his chance to impress her?

The items looked harmless enough on their own, so Tal just shrugged and reached for the marbles - a harmless kids' game, right? - with slightly shaking hands.

Tal chooses the marbles
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
they should have checked the ashes
of the women they burned alive
She could’ve waxed nothing but confusion for everything thereafter – Tal’s appearance, the bizarre lady, the sudden shifting and turning and pain stinging through her body –

But we all know Melita better than that.

Instead, she narrowed her eyes, watching the rest of her party speculate. Suspicious of the woman, not even bothering to address Amun’s request (Maeve seemingly had that covered, and the honeybee was pretty sure her own nature would’ve refused, so it was better for the Ascended in the long run anyway), she crossed her arms and waited.

Oh good. She got the Ouija board. Ludo would love this shit.

Picking it up, she sighed, waiting for the inevitable.

--

Melita picks the remaining object: the Ouija board.
because it takes a single wild ember
to bring a whole wildfire to life

Change author:
key quest

The old woman presides over you as you make your selections, though she does not take a seat at the table herself. Her eyes are black as ink (and shiny, like chitin? did you see that?) and deep as the bottom of a well, and she nods approvingly. "Yes, yes. All of them ought to work, yes."

She pays little attention to Amun and Maeve - they can canoodle all they like, though they will have to spend their next turns doing so if that's what they choose - because lo and behold, it's Talyson's marbles that have caught her focus.

Or rather, not her focus exactly. The focus of something else.

Talyson will notice that the small glass orbs begin to vibrate in his palms, as if they are desperate to move around. "Place them around the room," the old woman urges him. "All of you, help to place them. Ask them questions, ask!" She begins, to show you how. "If there are any spirits here, move these marbles!"

The spirits have taken a liking to Tal's marbles. The old lady has commanded that you place them around the room, and ask the spirits a question!

(Should Amun decide to bite Maeve, neither of these characters will be able to help with this. They'll be busy).

Your randomly chosen post order is as follows:

Amun 260/270
Maeve 254/264
Talyson 38/48
Melita 318/328

Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
As Maeve offered her wrist, Amun shot her a grin. However, most of his focus was on the object in his hands. When the old lady that definitely wasn't a monster spoke up, though, he eyed the marbles. "Maybe later," he told the Nightshade. He placed the strange tech on the table. "It's some kind of music player," he informed the group.

Then, he would reach out, and, if Tal let the potter, take a few of the marbles. Regardless of whether the courier handed them over, the Ascended would examine the marbles as best he could. If the other man did let Amun take some of the marbles, he would stand up from his chair. Going around to the heavier furniture against the walls, he'd try to activate his phasing upgrade to place marbles behind each of the bookshelves and the desk. Clearing his throat, he'd address the center of the room. "Who trapped you here?"

Amun informs the group what he discovered about the tech. If Tal lets Amun, he'll take some marbles and then use his phasing upgrade to try and place them behind the heavier furniture like the bookshelves and the desk. He also asks who trapped the spirits in the house.

Type: Defensive | Level: Basic
Can't Touch This | When active, this upgrade allows the user to walk through walls/barriers with a thickness less than 5ft. Can also turn portions (up to 80%) of the body intangible to deflect attacks. Requires a 1 post cool down between uses. Cannot use upgrades stored in parts of the body that are intangible.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve withdraws her hand from him, tugging her sleeve back down, ”Later.” She agrees, jade eyes flicking back to the old lady, distrust clear in her gaze. The offer was out there should he want it. Shifting her focus back to her own sheet of paper, expecting something to happen and seeing nothing, but she isn’t left wanting for long as Talyson’s marbles begin to hum and vibrate with energy. The instructions are given and she’s not about to get stung again for not following them.

The Nightshade stands, taking a couple of the marbles from the Accepted, moving in the opposite direction from Amun. Delicately placing one on the writing desk and the other in the squishy armchair that resides in the corner. ”Is something keeping you tied here? Unfinished business?” Maeve poses the question to the room, eyes flicking between each of her placed marbles.

Maeve places her marbles and asks if the spirits have unfinished business.

Torchline has taught you to survive her weather and her terrain. Once per PQ/PQ+/KQ/Drop, you can 'shrug off' half the damage from ONE non-lethal attack. (In order to use this ability, you must put a clear note in the bottom of your post immediately following the attack you want to 'shrug off').
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Tal flinched as the marbles started to buzz, expecting another painful sting. He darted a look at the old lady as she spoke, and something in her eyes sent a shiver down his spine and he looked away, offering the marbles to the others and keeping a pair for himself.

The look he gave Melita as he offered the last of the little spheres to her was quietly scared, but he took his marbles and carefully set them into two corners of the room.

"Uh. Spirits? How many of you are there? Here with us, I mean?"

Tal places his marbles and asks the spirits how many of them are in the room.