Key Quest tuck your innocence goodnight

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
key quest

Honestly, it's all a bit of a mess, but that isn't so surprising when you're in a confined space with three tar-creature spirits and a lot of furniture. The spirit that Amun has trapped doesn't manage to free itself, and it screeches pitifully up at him, as if to say but whyyyy? Weird little thing.

Maeve and the spirit she's aiming for exchange a series of not-quites, and neither comes away doing any damage to the other. As for Melita, her electrial arrow strikes true, whittling away more of the strange 'life' that animates the creatures.

Beneath your feet, however, the house begins to tremor, and the group will all feel some of their energy sap away. Uh oh.

Your randomly chosen post order is as follows:

Spirits 76/401

Amun 243/270
Maeve 201.5/264
Melita 265.5/328

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Please post within 24 hours when it becomes your turn.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Shooting a glance at Maeve, Amun watched as she and the spirit she was fighting tried to hit each other. Arching an eyebrow at her comment, his eyes widened as he felt something strange begin to happen. Gritting his teeth at whatever it was the house was trying to do, he activated his phasing upgrade to try and prevent it from happening again. This time, he phased everything but his forearms

Dropping the chains, he raised his hand at the spirit he had managed to trap. He fired a bolt of electricity at the creature, hoping to hit either it or the chains, which might conduct some of the electricity like a lightning rod.

Amun activates his phasing upgrade and keeps only his forearms tangible. He drops the chains and fires a bolt of electricity at the spirit he'd trapped.
Type: Offensive | Level: Basic
Energy Upgrade | Can shoot a pulse of electricity from his palms, up to 10ft.

Type: Defensive | Level: Basic
Can't Touch This | When active, this upgrade allows the user to walk through walls/barriers with a thickness less than 5ft. Can also turn portions (up to 80%) of the body intangible to deflect attacks. Requires a 1 post cool down between uses. Cannot use upgrades stored in parts of the body that are intangible.

Citizenship Ability
The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Letting out a growl of frustration as she attempts to hit the tar spirit with little result, the Nightshade moves to reposition herself, making sure she isn't too close to Amun lest she catch him with her whip. Just as she gets into position, she feels that same soul sucking force as before, sucking in a sharp breath as her life is pulled from the soles of her feet. There isn't any avoiding it and all she can do is try to push through. They have to be close. They just have to. Drawing her arm back once more, Maeve releases another fiery assault on the spirit, trying to hit it once more.

Hopefully this time her aim is true. The sooner they get rid of these things, the sooner they can get out of this monster house and away from the old woman who surely wants to kill them too.

Maeve repositions and tries to hit the spirit with her whip again.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Upgraded
Phoenix Whip | A magical 15ft whip that creates a small sonic boom and ignites the phoenix feather on its tip when snapped to cause fire damage. When not in use, the feather on the end looks like smouldering embers but is not hot.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
they should have checked the ashes
of the women they burned alive
It wasn’t that she didn’t have some satisfaction at hitting the spirit again (she absolutely did), but the layers beyond those notions – the feeling of dread, trepidation, began to swarm around her. Draining. Sinking. Clenching her jaw, the youth’s eyes darted quickly to Maeve and Amun. “Hey, do you feel that?” What it meant (what did the lady mean by preparing the house? Were they the next spirits to inhabit it?) certainly wasn’t clear to the honeybee – but she too wanted to get the fuck out of dodge, and quickly.

With that semblance shouting within her bones, the youth pulled another electrical arrow from her quiver, notched it along the strands, and fired upon the being still ensconced on the ceiling.

--

Melita fires another electrical arrow towards the spirit on the ceiling.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Bowstring Bracelet | At first this bracelet appears only as a length of intricately braided bowstring. But with an arrow in hand, upon miming the action of knocking and drawing it, the user will feel a bow beneath their fingers, as if it was there all along.

Type: Dark | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Fire/Lightning/Ice Quiver | A magical quiver with two compartments. In one, it turns any arrow placed within into a flaming projectile when shot. In the other, the arrow becomes imbued with electricity. (Made by Remi)
because it takes a single wild ember
to bring a whole wildfire to life

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
key quest

Pew, crack, shoot, and all those other good sounds. Unfortunately it looks as though the lightning rod plan isn't going to work so great, Amun. Either the spirit mocks the Ascended and also manages to phase itself (unlikely), it squelches flat against the ground (more likely but not quite) or Amun just plain misses (you figure it out).

Luckily, the girls are here to save you! With a stinging whipcrack and an arrow pinning one of the spirits to the ceiling, they look as though they aren't long for this world ore the next. Keening a high note of unhappiness, the spirits try and fail to swat at Maeve.

Again the house trembles. Again that withering sensation of horror. And the old woman's voice rings out, seemingly from all around: "Finish it and run!"

Your randomly chosen post order is as follows:

Spirits 9.5/401

Amun 242/270
Maeve 200.5/264
Melita 264.5/328

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Please post within 24 hours when it becomes your turn.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
Amun growled as his shot missed. Glaring at the spirit he'd tried to fry, which was supposed to be trapped in his chains, he gritted his teeth. At least Maeve and Melita's strikes hadn't gone awry. He was raising his palm to try and attack the spirit again when he felt that drain again.

As the old woman spoke out, he rolled his eyes. Bending down, he grabbed the ends of his chains once more. Lifting them, he activated his metal manipulation upgrade even as he raised his arms. He lashed out with the metal and upgrade both, trying to whip the chains are crush the nearest spirit with them. At the same time he moved closer to the exit.

Amun tries to use his metal manipulation upgrade and himself to whip his chains at the nearest spirit. He also moves closer to the exit.

Type: Other | Level: Basic
Metal Manipulation Upgrade | When in contact with metal, can conduct electricity through it making it malleable. Surfaces larger than 6ft by 6ft take considerable effort. The ability works best the higher the metal content, becoming unstable at anything below 50%.

Citizenship Ability
The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

The spirits were clinging to life at this point and her irritation was palpable. Gritting her teeth against the soul sucking drain that ran through her body, the Nightshade listened to the old woman's warning, moving closer towards the exit while activating her Starlight Bangle once more. Hopefully that would be the last little push she needed to end this once and for all. Drawing her whip back again, she lashes out towards the spirit, sparks and embers flying through the air as she does. She sends a silent prayer up above for whatever Safrin can spare at this moment, hoping the starry goddess could hear her informal request.

"Shot and move, Mel! We need to get out of here." She calls out to the Honeybee girl as she tries to deliver her own hit and run.

Maeve activates her Starlight Bangle and attacks the spirit with her whip while moving towards the door.

Type: Grey | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
Starlight Bangle | When worn, gives the user +2 to a dexterity roll during a PQ+/KQ. One post cool-down.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Upgraded
Phoenix Whip | A magical 15ft whip that creates a small sonic boom and ignites the phoenix feather on its tip when snapped to cause fire damage. When not in use, the feather on the end looks like smouldering embers but is not hot.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
How in the fuck –

It was fine. One last shot. Then maybe, hopefully, they could be out of here.

She heard the warnings, from creepy old ladies and Maeve. Taking another one of her electrical arrows, she notched it once more along her bow, pulled the string, aimed for the spirit – and listened to the sizzle, to the snap.

But not enough to watch it. Not when time could truly be of the essence, and the honeybee had no intention of being left behind in some hellhouse as it came down around them. She was a survivor, and she’d make sure the sentiments lasted today too.

--

Melita fires another electric arrow at the spirit and then attempts to head towards the exit.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Bowstring Bracelet | At first this bracelet appears only as a length of intricately braided bowstring. But with an arrow in hand, upon miming the action of knocking and drawing it, the user will feel a bow beneath their fingers, as if it was there all along.

Type: Dark | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Fire/Lightning/Ice Quiver | A magical quiver with two compartments. In one, it turns any arrow placed within into a flaming projectile when shot. In the other, the arrow becomes imbued with electricity. (Made by Remi)

Change author:
key quest

One more shot - that's all it takes. And luckily for you all, it only takes one Amun to change the world. As his chains crack across the nearest spirit, they all wail and screech in unison; tar gloops together as they appear to congeal into one mass, before fading away, away, into the ceiling like smoke.

Now there's another problem, though - the house around you is quivering and shaking, as if the spirits were somehow sustaining it. Rocking like a drunk on his way to the ground, the walls almost sag onto the three of you. But you do escape, and on the heels of it? Complete destruction.

Somehow (don't ask) you're back on the shores of the Mistbanks, and out in the middle of the lake, the ruins of an old house sink slowly beneath the water. From the lake itself, the voice of the old woman rings out, and if any look into the reflection of the glassy surface, it will be to see her staring back. Antlered, tentacled, a void within a void, more wild and untamed than any part of nature you've experienced as of yet.

"I thank you," she says softly. "These spirits rouse themselves every so often, and they are becoming more restless. They seek escape, that they might locate something to turn the tide of a coming conflict." Gazing between you, she frowns.

"Perhaps it would be better if someone found it first, to ensure it did not fall into their hands. Should you decide to do so, be cautious, for there is much danger associated with such a task. Go to the place where storms shatter - your search will begin there."

CONGRATULATIONS, you have completed the KQ! Amun, Maeve and Melita will all receive credit for levelling and MP purposes.

You all receive +2 LUCK, and a hint about a RELIC! GASP.

Please feel free to leave a final post - no order necessary - this thread will be archived in the next 24 hours.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
And then – they were out.

The woman, or…something, rang out and Melita couldn’t quite fathom what was real or true or anything at all. Save for the advice – for her eyes instantly went from Amun, then to Maeve, then back again, eager to whisper, mouth something, without the Ascended knowing.

Because she knew what some of this meant, and that they had a race on their hands.

Instead, she took the cue for what it was worth, and later might stretch into an eternity. For now, they were safe, secure, and ready for the next bout. “Sorry for shooting you,” the honeybee nodded and whispered to the antlered, tentacled being – but maybe she shouldn’t have been so sketchy. "Thank you for the information."

And with that, she gave another nod to the sovereign, before hastening off.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun might've changed the world, but as the world changed around him he let out a vehement and heartfelt curse as he ended up on the bank they'd started on. Hoisting his chains, he spun around to face the house, but thankfully the danger seemed to have passed. Breathing out a sigh, he turned to face the Cthulu mythos monster old woman.

Sweeping his arms out, he bowed to her. "You are welcome, and I apologize for stunning you." Straightening up, his eyes widened as she described a relic in what could only be Stormbreak. "Thank you for your wisdom." Turning to Maeve and Melita, he winked at them. "I would say it's been a pleasure, but I think we'd all know I was lying. Until next time, ladies." With that, he activated his capital compass and teleported straight to the Hollowed Ground, vanishing from view. It seemed appropriately dramatic under the circumstances.

Besides, time was of the essence.

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Just as quickly as it began, it was over and the Nightshade found her boots sinking into the damp earth outside once more. Releasing a breath, feeling the prickling of adrenaline leaving her system, her shoulders slumped and she looked between the other two. Offering an nod to the old woman monster thing, the Nightshade attempted a smile, though it was strained around the edges. "I apologize as well. A tense situation didn't make for good decision making." She murmured before giving Amun a look that spoke volumes, knowing where he was going after this, what he was planning to do. It was the same thing she'd be doing, after all.

Only once he disappeared did Maeve shift her attention back to Melita, "Let's get home... I need to write to Ronin. I don't think we have much time to move on this." She said softly, knowing that if they were going to get the relic before the Ascended did, they had to move quickly.

And just like that, the Honeybee girl and the Nightshade disappeared into the mist back towards Torchline.