there's something braver
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
The eyes that met his gaze held a speculative look, as if she might somehow measure the consequences of speaking her mind so freely. Part of her wanted only to keep the peace, keep him and herself and everyone else happy and out of conflict. But that was no way to go, was it. So Maea nodded with a solemn expression. "It's a promise, brother. You will only ever hear the truth from me. Whether you like it or not."

But then they were up on their feet, and bright peals of laughter issued from the girl as she darted away, initiating this game of tag. With Amun hot on her heels she tore off across the meadow, scattering flowers and dandelion duff in her wake.
"Better stay bright eyed and positive then, or I will absolutely get you that black nailpolish!" She threw a glance over the shoulder, squealed upon seeing him way too close and ducked off to the side, in an attempt to stay out of arm's reach.

It was a game she likely wouldn't win for long given how much faster he was, but a girl could try, right?
I'm an angel bored like hell
And you're a devil meaning well
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Grinning, Amun inclined his head to Maea. "Good. And I will tell you the truth when I think it's appropriate." Grin deepening into a smirk, he winked.

Of course, they were dashing across the meadow, then. As she pivoted away from him, he let her get a bit of distance before turning himself. Running after her, he sent a mental command to his companion

Zhanshi came back from his own hunting. Tunneling at an angle to the two Ascended, he erupted from the ground right in front of her. At the same time, the potter put on a burst of speed, hoping to catch his sister while she was distracted by his companion.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
She would have smacked him for that bit of cleverness, but Maea was too busy running and laughing to really have the time. Part of her marveled at the speed they were going at; she had never truly tested the limits of it before, and there was a certain thrill to seeing the landscape blur in the periphery and knowing it was all her own doing.

The ground heaved and roiled with motion ahead of her, and she grinned, recognizing the sign of an impending attack. As Zhanshi burst out of the ground, she skidded to a halt so as not to collide with the landshark, and promptly disappeared -

- and reappeared behind Amun, tsking in mild disappointment at the obvious ruse.

"You'll have to do a little better if you want to catch me," she laughed, and reached out to 'tag' him between the shoulder blades.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Maea was quick, true, quicker than she'd ever been. And her teleportation was instantaneous, or near abouts. But Amun had two advantages: one, he was even faster than she was and he had eyes in the sky in the form of Zhanshi telling the potter exactly where his sister appeared.

So, even as she reached out to tag him his companion's warning sped through their bond. At the speed of thought, he activated his own phasing upgrade, so instead of tagging him, her fingers (probably) passed right through him. Still dashing forward, he pivoted his body and reached out for her shoulder to tag it with his still tangible hands. "Kind of like that?" he quipped right back.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Her fingers met no resistance, which actually was such an eerie thing that very real tingles passed up her arm. Or maybe that was just the struggle of two sets of molecules attempting to exist in the same space, who knows. It was at least distracting enough that she didn't react quickly enough when Amun turned.
Before she could do more than begin the shift backwards, he had already tapped her shoulder and her slight stagger was accompanied by a disappointed "Awh. Yeah. Something like that."

Pouting slightly she ducked out of reach again before he could grab her, and bounded up to Zhanshi instead. Whatever reservations she'd held towards her brother's companion in the beginning was quickly melting away, though the smile that lingered on her face was a complex thing as she tried to stroke the rubbery hide of the shark.

"You never told me how you got Zhanshi," she commented, with a half-wary glance towards Amun - just to make sure he wasn't up to any mischief when she had her guard down.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun grinned even as he kept jogging forward a few steps until he could come to a stop without falling on his face. Turning to face Maea fully, he put his hands on his hips. "Now, do you have anything to say for yourself, hm? Perhaps about poking me in the tongue?" He waggled his eyebrows at her.

Glancing at his Zhanshi, who brushed against Maea and then dove underground, the potter smiled. "Not much of a story," he replied with a laugh. "There was a landshark feeding frenzy because a couple of wounded luxere got separated from the herd. Everyone else tried to rescue the luxere's while I just tried to put the poor things out of their misery." He shrugged. "While we argued about it, the landsharks finished eating, but they left this poor fellow behind." Emerging just to bite down on Amun's boot, the landshark in question disappeared under the earth once more.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
A very wide eyed look was shot his way, full of utter and complete innocence. "Uhm... well, you don't seem to be melancholy anymore. So... you're welcome? " Then she wiggled her eyebrows right back.

Laughing at the antics of the landshark, Maea followed its path until it disappeared beneath ground again. "Sounds like quite the story to me. And really shows how much of a pragmatist you can be." Putting her hands to the sides, she drew in a completely unnecessary breath and sighed mournfully. "Absolutely no mercy sometimes."

Reaching up to pat her hair, making sure the flower crown and braids were still pinned in place, she looked around, and found very little to pique her curiosity now that she was back on her feet. "What do you say about heading home soon? I'm itching to poke around the Atheneum again. Now that there might be actual treasure to find." There was a new spark in her eyes as she said it, and she didn't seem to realize that she had referred to the Grounds as 'home'.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun narrowed his eyes at Maea. "Mmhmm." Humming a low note, he shook his head. "I suppose that must be it." Arching an eyebrow when she copied his facial expression, he just snorted.

"I'm heartless, it's true." With that he moved to try to pick her up partially over one shoulder and spin her around. "Practically a sadist, maybe even a psychopath." If he'd been able to lift her, he'd set her down on the grass.

Nodding at her suggestion, he bent down to scoop up his flower crown, which had fallen off in the scuffling. Setting it on his head at an angle he held out his free hand. "I can take us right back there, but you might feel a bit weird." If she accepted his hand, he'd teleport them both (and Zhanshi) back using the compass.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
She actually tried to slip out of reach when he made a grab for her, but she wasn't quick enough. Finding herself hoisted onto his shoulder she bit back a squeal as the world spun, a blur of twilight blue and moon-silver bleeding into one. Holding on for dear life, she teetered a bit when he finally put her down, and clung pathetically to the hand he offered - just so she wouldn't fall over.

It didn't aid the matter that she was laughing helplessly throughout, unable to stop.

"Weird... is fine. How bad can it be." She grabbed hold of his hand, trusting him to take them back to the Citadel. Moments later she would of course regret that statement - weird was a very good word for the sensation.

Next time she would absolutely prefer to use her own teleportation.

--------------------------

{FIN}
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3