(open)Stuck to the Anvil
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Darkeye returned to his forge after the prayer and conversation and noticed too late how he attracted everything metal. Only when he tried to put down his spear and weapons that magically clung to him, he notice the change. "What the heck is going on now?" He tried to get rid of all the metal and didn't notice that he was getting dangerously close to the anvil. He couldn't get up. He was literally stuck to the anvil. "This is a bad joke. How am I supposed to forge it like this?" He wouldn't be able to get out of here on his own. He would have to explain to everyone who saw him like this what was wrong with him. The problem is he had no explanation.
Everyone is the architect of his own fortune

Coding base by Sky

Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1917
Down and out, and out of luck, we're spinning but the needle's stuck
She was only passing by, on her way from one errand to the next, when the grumbling from within the smithy reached her sensitive ears. With some caution Maea poked her head inside, wary of the heat from the forge and the unsavory effects it might have on her. The sight that met her had pale brows ride high on her brow, and she had to bite back a smile as she slipped in through the door.

"Darkeye? Whatever are you doing?" Was this a balancing act? Some form of ritual? Perhaps a strange form of training, along the lines of walking on metal filings to build pain tolerance..?
But no. That would not explain his obvious disgruntlement. Or the way certain metallic objects in the room appeared to cling to the man, or otherwise quivered and twisted in his general direction.
Maea
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye looked around but couldn't turn his head far enough. The food was cold and everything was in semi-darkness. "Maea is that you? I'm stuck and I don't know why. No, it's not a ritual, everything metal seems to stick to me. Be careful. Can you help me somehow, I'm afraid I won't be able to get out of here." His voice was full of despair. He was embarrassed to be seen like this, his weapons were all stuck to him and it seemed that all the tools that were hanging near the forge wanted to go to Darkeye. It just squeaked and the metals were all aligned in his direction of him. A few of them could seriously injure him.

Coding base by Sky

Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Yes, it's me." The sound of her footsteps echoed slightly in the room as she approached. More confident once she had determined that there was no raging fire going, nor sparks that might fly through the air. She surveyed the man's situation, and tried removing a spear from the man. The metal parts of it did not quite want to come off, and it took both effort and distance before she was certain that the pull had released.

"I take it this doesn't usually happen... Have you gone somewhere, or done something you usually wouldn't, lately?"

One by one, she began to pluck weaponry from Darkeye. The anvil was given a very dubious stare; there was no way she would be able to lift that. Better wait for a bit, until the rest of the items were gone. Lighten the load, so to speak.
Maea
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye was furious and couldn't explain how this happened. "I'm really not doing this on purpose," she said. I need help with everything that is magnetic I attract and I made nails. I make very good nails, unfortunately. I just hope the box stays closed. It seems like I'm a magnet myself." he would hate to let go of his spear but this was a different situation he couldn't let go of it without help.

He mused."I've actually just been talking to people the talk with Remi and Isla was okay. I had one with Voice too but that went a little off the rails. We had a difference of opinion. It was getting ugly and... Don't tell me she..." That's when the scales fell from his eyes. This goddamn would-be deity that is not funny. "I think she turned me into a magnet because of a disagreement." The disappointment and anger he felt were evident.

He let it all wash over him, helping as best he could and trying to push himself away from the anvil again and again.

Coding base by Sky

Maea Valair

Change author:
She har been amused by the predicament, laughing inwardly at what seemed the prank of some spirit. But Maea's mirth faded upon hearing Darkeye's tale. Yanking a hammer away from where it attached to his shoulder, she bit her jaws together. A similar anger reflecting in her own eyes.

"I'm sorry she did that. It was not alright. Here - take my hands. Let's see if I can get you away from that anvil." Maea offered him both her hands. The pale skin coating them was puckered and scarred, a look of melted wax as if from a terrible burn. Should he accept, she would lean back and brace herself, so that the strong man might use her to aid himself in pulling free.

Small as she was, he would find she did not budge easily.
Maea
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He was surprised when she said that. "I thought you would agree with her she is your goddess isn't she?" Darkeye grabbed her hands and tried to get away from the anvil. He quickly noticed the scars on her skin, but that was a question for later, he had to get out of here first. Before the sharp objects here meant that they would also stick to him if not worse.

But nothing moved, he clung to the anvil. The anvil did not move a bit, all pulling did not help. "Maybe if we put soap between them. I know it sounds ridiculous or do you think that Amun could help? Or do you have a good idea?" He looked very desperate.

Coding base by Sky

Maea Valair

Change author:
Pausing for a moment so that the poor man would get a break, Maea stepped around the anvil to get a better look at the situation. "It's a long story... the short version is that she wasn't always my goddess, and my faith isn't blind." One might even question if she had any faith at all... but that wasn't something Darkeye needed to know. Not now.

"Now, if you really want me to, I can go find Amun. He will probably break down the anvil to free you, though, and I think we should try some other things first." Offering the stout man a smile meant to be encouraging, Maea indicated the heavy lump of metal behind him.
"Let's try with some brains, rather than brawn, yes? Try sliding your way down to the narrowest point on the anvil. If there is less point of contact, perhaps we can pull you free."

Gesturing slightly to indicate which way he ought to shift, she made ready to assist again.
Maea
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye just nodded that was a conversation for later now it was time to get out of here and see how to deal with the curse.

He tried as best his body would let him, but the problem was his wide butt was literally slapping the anvil. A funny picture if one could disregard the seriousness of the situation. He tried to hold on to her as well as he could and to slide further piece by piece but it was desperate. "I would not like to break the anvil but with this thing, I will have problems walking" he tried it with gallows humor. "I can't push myself away from the way I want to Maea. That's my problem maybe a bar of angular force or a pulley? Can you bend metal to make it easier?" He was a bit desperate. "Well, I'd rather the anvil stayed in one piece, but if that doesn't work, we'll go get your brother, okay?"

Coding base by Sky

Maea Valair

Change author:
Biting her lip, Maea stepped back once more when it appeared that her plan did not work. She gazed about the room, scanning the various objects for a solution. It would be very easy and quick to call on Amun, no doubt about it. And he would probably be happy to help. But she did not like the idea that she might be incapable of solving such a simple problem.

"First of all, keep your calm," she told Darkeye, as she noticed the growing desperation in him. "You are not wounded or dying, just stuck." As for whether she could bend metal? She shook her head. "Not to a degree that would help. Let me see if I can find a rope, instead."

It took some searching, but after ducking out and rummaging through a storage shed, she returned with a hefty length of rope. Tying one end to the sturdiest pillar she could find, Maea handed the other end to Darkeye.

"Try to pull yourself forward, with everything you have. I will hold the anvil, to make sure it doesn't budge." How strong was the magnetic pull? The tools and weapons had come off easily enough; this should not be any difference.
Maea
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye tried to breathe calmly. "She has made my god's spear, which is made entirely of iron, unusable, as well as the craft I love, which I can no longer perform. I think for that I am very calm." As he said this, he lowered his head. The spear that was a sign of his freedom was the end of his slavery and that he had defeated the demons was no longer able to use it. How long he did not know but that was a step too far Voice.

Darkeye grabbed the rope with all his might and pulled as if his life depended on it, trying to push his feet off the ground without touching the anvil or other metal. The rope creaked, as well as the bellows. If Maea had not held the anvil, he would probably have been pulled along. Piece by piece, Darkeye's broad back loosened from the anvil.

Coding base by Sky

Maea Valair

Change author:
Gritting her teeth, Maea did not reply just yet. She struggled to hold the anvil in place and scrabbled for foothold on the floor as Darkeye dragged himself forward. When she noticed him separate from the metal, she encouraged him to go on. "Yes, that's it! Just a bit further now. When you feel the pull disappear, don't stop. Just head outside."

Fortunately the metal in her hands weighed a good deal on its own, or she would not have been able to hold it. She waited until Darkeye was safely outside before letting go, and spared herself a moment of entirely unnecessary breathing before following. Once outside, she closed the door firmly behind herself and turned to face the little man, arms crossing over her chest.

For a moment, she simply regarded him. Then she sighed, and shook her head. "I am sorry. It seems you have been cursed. It's not unheard of, though usually it's the work of spirits, not the gods themselves." Her eyes narrowed. "What did you say to her? Not even The Voice curses people out of the blue, as far as I know."
Maea
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye was glad to have left the anvil behind and was about to thank Maea when he saw her gesture. "Thanks first for helping me in there." He had already guessed what had happened.

He cleared his throat. "I asked her hard questions. Unpleasant questions and didn't treat her with the respect she deserved. I asked about the attack on Stormbreak as well as the plague and the LongNight monsters, and I didn't let up when she tried to broach the subject. I kept asking for an answer, but I can show you, it's right here in the book." He reaches for his book and shows her the pages where the conversation between him and Voice was.

Coding base by Sky

Maea Valair

Change author:
She accepted the book, but her gaze lingered on the blacksmith for a moment longer before lowering to the text. Gone were the days where she had struggled to interpret letters, yet it still took her some time to read through the notes. Slowly, gradually, pale eyebrows rose up and disappeared beneath the heavy bangs.

For a moment, there was silence. Then Maea closed the volume and offered it back to Darkeye.
"I would say you got off easy," she murmured, a mix of terror and awe at his audacity bleeding through. "What possessed you to make demands like that? Was your god a very tolerant deity?" She could only shake her head in disbelief. Though a small part of her rather savagely enjoyed the man's courage, and the very pointed questions he had posed. The replies actually enlightened some things she had wondered about herself.
Maea