[RQ] do you ever really crash, or even make a sound?
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
AMUN
After receiving instructions from Isla, Amun had sent a note to Alexander and Nikolai asking them to meet the potter at the edge of the Woodlands. He'd told them that he needed their help acquiring sap from a Wicker Woman. Dressed in durable and plain leather clothes and boots, he held an axe in one hand and a bottle in the other.

As they arrived in turn, he'd give them a nod. "Evening, gents." Glancing over his shoulder at the forest, he'd grin. "I figured we'd find a Wicker Woman, I'd let it focus on me while you two get a branch and then I'll waltz on out of its grip and we tap it for the sap." Holding out the axe and the bottle for them to take (one each, boys), he looked at the other two men in turn. "Questions or concerns?"
Call it all my mistake
Long as you let me go
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD & SKYLARK <3
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai took the offered flask, ignoring the axe. His energy shards would be enough for him given that he could use them for close combat as well as ranged encounters. Once the flask was secured in his bag, he raised a brow at Amun, "Waltz? How specific." Despite the condescending tone, Nikolai's lip twitched with amusement.

Amun did seem like the kind to spontaneously dance. The younger Ascended wasn't sure if he wanted to witness that or not. He had a hunch that the elder was a terrible dancer.

"If you turn into a damsel in distress, we're leaving you." Or more likely Nikolai would tear the forest down in pursuit of the Wicker Woman. Like hell he was losing another family member. Sorry trees.
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Age: 38 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Alexander
I can hear it in your voice while your speaking
you can't be treated
Amun's note was surprising, but he wasn't one to ignore an invitation. Even if it was more of a direct instruction than an invitation. Either way, the man shows up dressed in leather pants, a light shirt, and durable boots. A sword strapped across his back of his own making an a smirk already curling on his lips at the sight of Amun. Dark eyes flick towards Nikolai as the instructions are given, chuckling as he takes the flask instead of the axe, instead leaving that for him. He takes it from Amun with a wink, hooking it to his belt, "You might run, but I plan on playing knight in shining armor." The Ascended drawls, smirking as his attention turns to Nikolai for a moment.

"There are rewards for that kind of thing, you know?" He straightens up again, rolling his shoulders back before turning towards the woods. "Lead the way, sweetheart."
Mr. Know-it-all had his reign and his fall
At least that's what his brain is telling all
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
AMUN
Arching an eyebrow at Nikolai's half-quip, half-question, Amun whistled a few bars of a waltz. As he did, he would do a basic box step, arms raised to hold an invisible partner now that his tools had been taken by the other two men. "If you'd rather I do a jig, just say the word." He leapt in the air and kicked his heels together.

Nodding at the scholar's assessment, the potter pivoted to stare at Alexander. "The reward is me smacking you in the head for not following what I thought were simple instructions but might have to dumb down now." Nostrils flaring, Amun poked the smith in the chest.

"Let's get a few things clear, all right sugarplum? First of all, I'm not your sweetheart, and second, I'd like your promise to do what I ask you, got it? Both for this and in general. I certainly don't need rescue from a tree with delusions of grandeur." Stepping forward, the potter would spread his arms wide and activate his phasing upgrade and try to walk through Alexander.

Regardless of whether Amun was successful, he'd turn to face both men again. "See? Not a damsel in the slightest. Now, do I have your word? Otherwise I'm sending you home." The potter would narrow his eyes at the smith.
Call it all my mistake
Long as you let me go
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai snickers, shaking his head at Amun. "Point made. Next time do a split." So he could dance, go figure. The youngest Ascended then watches with increasingly wide eyes as the other two argue. Clearly Amun does not like being called sweetheart. Nikolai didn't blame him for that one at all.

The phasing upgrade is fascinating and Nikolai simply nods in agreement at Amun's declaration. He can clearly take care of himself. But this other guy? Nikolai's not sure about him. Capability or personality-wise.  And Amun is one of the few people that Nikolai genuinely likes. So if Amun decides that Alexander is a nuisance, oh well.

The younger Ascended nudges Amun's shoulder gently as he moves to follow him, "I'll help you hide the body." He side-eyes Alexander, making his words crystal clear.
Some lie in wait
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Age: 38 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Alexander
you can't be treated
Alexander wasn't necessarily expecting that switch from Amun. Sure, he might have teased a bit too much, but the ascended had only been playing. He didn't flinch when Amun poked him in the chest. Nor did he break eye contact. Instead he held his gaze, watching the irritation dance across his features, hating that he kind of liked what that particular emotion did to his eyes. "Amun, I was just joking..." He said softly, not really arguing with him, but simply stating before the other Ascended shifted right through him. It left him feeling strangely hollow despite truly doing nothing to him.

"But noted. I'll keep my mouth shut." And he does. Even as Nikolia makes his comment, giving him a side eye that didn't make him feel cold the way it probably should. He trails a few paces behind them, jaw feathering all the while as his boots crunch through the underbrush.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
AMUN
"Splits and high kicks cost extra," Amun quipped. Winking at Nikolai, the potter turned to Alexander. Arching an eyebrow at the smith's explanation, Amun snorted even as he phased through the other man. "Was it funny?" the potter asked as he turned to eye Alexander. Looking past the smith at the scholar, Amun smirked. "Bold of you to assume there'd be a body."

Sighing, he gave Alexander a nod. "Sorry. I probably overreacted a bit, but I very much try not to mix business with pleasure, especially when it's something that is potentially dangerous." With that all out of the way, the potter pushed past the other two men. Amun started leading them into the Woodlands proper, glancing over his shoulder now and then to make sure he wasn't moving too fast.
Call it all my mistake
Long as you let me go
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Change author:
Alexander
you can't be treated
Alexander understood. He did, but the smith wasn't sure he deserved to be snapped at. Still, the man sighed softly, shaking his head as Amun apologized. "It's fine, Amun. I get it." He said with a shrug, turning the hand axe, feeling the wood against his palm as he pressed forward after the potter. Alexander doesn't pay the other man with them much mind, content to ignore him after the comment about hiding his body, deciding it best not to engage.

That wasn't what they were here for. They had a job to do and despite how utterly distracting Amun might be, Alexander was going to focus on the task at hand, lest he want to upset the potter further. That was the last thing on his list of things to do.
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Giving a small snort of laughter, Nikolai nods at Amun's comment. "Fair point." Watching the exchange between the other two men, he waits until things settle. Although still not quite sure about Alexander, the younger Ascended decides to let the whole thing go for the moment.

Now that they seem to be back on track, Nikolai better secures the flask so that his hands are free. He doesn't know much about Wicker Woman, only that they have the potential to be dangerous. Given Amun's seriousness, they're probably rather dangerous.  Nikolai follows the others, upgrades just a fraction away from active in case danger emerges.

"Do the Wicker Woman have any major weaknesses?" Hopefully one of the others has more substantial knowledge on their quarry.
Some lie in wait
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
AMUN
Amun nodded at Alexander. Eyes lingering on the smith for a moment, the potter turned to lead the small group into the woods. Shrugging at Nikolai's question, the guild master rubbed his hands together. "Well, they're trees. Really tough, difficult to escape trees, but still trees. So, you know, axes, fire, presumably wood-boring insects." He chuckled. "Stay away from the sap, though. It's hallucinogenic, and I have no idea how it interacts with our systems."

Making their way through the forest, eventually he held up his hand in a fist as he came to a stop. Before them stood a massive trees with long, drooping branches. Barely visible through the leaves, skeletons of animals large and small, and some human ones, littered the ground.

"Showtime, boys." With that, he strode forward. Brushing against the nearest branch, he hissed as the trap sprang shut. Wood folded around him and he was immobilized in a cage of sticks, branches, and leaves.
Call it all my mistake
Long as you let me go
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Change author:
Alexander
you can't be treated
The walk is silent after that. Their eyes instead focused ahead of them, all senses looking for the Wicker Woman they were meant to harvest from. It doesn't take them long to find one. The skeletal-like branches are home to different bones of the various creatures who accidentally stumbled into its grasping fingers. Amun doesn't hesitate to stride forward, springing the plant to life, letting himself be wrapped in its clutches.

Alexander waits a moment longer, ensuring that the Wicker Woman is focused solely on Amun before he moves forward with his ax. Grabbing a hold of one of the free branches, he takes a swing at the base of it, trying to sever it from the tree trunk.
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai's eyes widen at the mention of the sap's hallucinogenic properties, eyeing the jar in his possession with new eyes. He wonders if perhaps he should have brought gloves. Oh well. He doesn't have time to think deeper on it as Amun gives the signal.

As the Wicker Woman emerges, the younger Ascended braces himself. Flicking his wrist, his upgrade activates. He sends an energy shard at the creature, hoping to help take it down so that they can extract the sap. Nikolai briefly wonders if the sap is technically the being's blood and bites his lip to stifle the laugh that bubbles up at the thought. Figures a group of Ascended would harvest the blood of a fucking plant.

Type: Offensive | Level: Basic
Energy Shard | Through an upgrade in the wrist, the user can propel knife-shaped bursts of energy, up to 10ft
Some lie in wait