(RQ) You've got a Glow
Gathering Glow Stones for RQ
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Down and out, and out of luck, we're spinning but the needle's stuck
"It's really a shame that these stones stop glowing when they are taken from here," Maea remarked as the group approached the edge of the lush grove. "I always wanted to light my room with them as a kid - just imagine how useful it would be now, to not have to bother with fire for lanterns."

She carried a basket in one hand, and scoured the ground for any signs of the soft blue glow. In the early twilight they shouldn't be hard to spot, but she was admittedly distracted by the company. Wessex was still as intimidating as a giant with a grudge in her mind, and the slender, beautiful Isla was a complete unknown. Stranger, Overseer, a name dropped often in passing by common friends - but that was before death and rebirth. And she had never been good at first impressions.

The never ending stream of nervous chatter along the way hardly helped her case, either. Unless the woman liked not getting a word in edgewise.

-------------------------
Wessex, Isla
Maea
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I will stand by you forever; you can take my breath away
“I hope you aren’t bothering with fire for lanterns,” Wessex replies, half alarmed and half joking. Considering they could see perfectly fine in the dark, it seems like a needless risk for any of them. Trying to add a chuckle in there, she quickly adds, “But it’d be nice to have something useful to trade with others. I’m sure Torchline gets tired of lanterns in LongHeat.”

Keeping her eyes trained to the ground, Wessex ambles to one side of the glade and starts looking, kicking a plain rock out of the way in order to reach a glowing one underneath. As she bends to pick it up, the demigod calls out to the others, “Any idea how many we need?”

For a moment, the ghost of Aamu lingers in her head as she passes the spot where he revealed long-lost family details to her and she gobbled them up.
WESSEX
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

Of course Isla is content to listen to the chatter, nervous or otherwise, and she strolls with the other women towards the Glade with a smile on her lips, her hands linked gently behind her back. "Lanterns do come in handy at the infirmary where some of the patients aren't Ascended," she says. "But I have been careful, especially since the fire." The fire that she still hasn't gotten to the bottom of, and she doubts she ever will now.

Dropping her hands so she can stroll in the opposite direction of the Wraith, Isla moves to kneel down and begin searching for the glow stones. "I'm not sure," she admits, "I'd imagine the more the better, though. If we each grab maybe half a dozen, that might do it?"
I'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
When you hit me, hit me hard
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Grateful for the interruption to her own rambling, Maea listened to Isla's answer with a nod. And chimed in after, that "It's needed in the Atheneum too. Not everyone can read in the dark. It's always nervous with fire around books, too, so I'm very careful." She had learned the hard way just how volatile it could be, her scarred hands a stark reminder.

Spotting a pale shimmer beneath a shrub, Maea bent over and brushed dry leaves off what turned out to be a pebble-sized glow stone. "I hope size doesn't matter," she remarked with a half smile, and tucked it in a pocket for safekeeping.

"Speaking of the Atheneum... I've been thinking that I'd like to start the Loreseeker guild back up again. Would that be alright?" She glanced between the two women, willing to take advice from both.
Maea
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Well that came out totally wrong. “No, of course, I meant -” for personal reasons, but she quickly gives up and waves it off. Fire is clearly still needed, and she was wrong. “I’m just glad you’re careful.” And that goes for both of them. She knows firsthand the idiocy of playing with fire, from multiple combat situations and uh, she wouldn’t wish that on either of her sisters.

There’s a faint hit of something under a pile of deadfall, which Wessex brushes away. Picking up the stone, she laughs a bit and holds it aloft. “Hey this one looks a bit like a frog.”

The discovery pales in comparison, however, to Maea’s announcement. “You don’t need anyone’s permission to do that,” she offers with a smile in her tone. Does she wonder if there will be enough people? Yes. Does it tickle her pink that Jigano might be rolling in his maybe-grave if he knew that the Loreseekers were going to be restarted, and in what he might now call the lions den? Yes, yes it does.

“In fact, I have something you might find very interesting, Maea. As far as Lore goes.”
WESSEX
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

"Perhaps in future we can ask for some non-fire based illumination for the Hollowed Grounds," Isla says. It seems like the sort of thing a region would work towards in times of peace, so the idea instantly goes to the back of her mind. There will be more important (and likely combat-based) things to focus on before they can consider street lighting.

Flashing a crooked smile in Maea's direction, Isla is about to make a lewd quip about whether size matters when Wessex pipes up about her frog-stone, and the Remedy is charmed by much more innocent conversation. "And this one looks sort of like a star. I didn't realise they came in different shapes." Chuckling to herself and gathering up the star glow stone, along with a flatter shaped pebble, she straightens up to search elsewhere.

"Oh, the Loreseekers? I'd love to join, if you have room." Isla beams to her sister. "And Wessex is right - you don't need our permission."

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
You hear a scream that seems to stop time and drain the colour out of the world. In the distance you see what appears to be a woman in a wedding dress, but of course…you know that’s not what it is. Lifting her head the banshee seems to lock her eyes on you and unless you back away now, she is likely to pursue you until she is able to choke the life from your body.

You’ve encountered a Banshee. This counts as a rare creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. If you choose to follow this creature, you do so at your own risk, however, just having it in this thread is enough to satisfy your levelling requirements. You may not kill your rare creature without admin permission.

Banshees (rare/mythical): They take the form of a skeletal lady wrapped in rags. Some wander the woodlands, singing a haunting melody. Others sit near streams and weep. Either way, disturbing these creatures will cause them to become very aggressive. They can pursue their prey seemingly without need for rest, and will strangle all those that they catch.
Maea Valair

Change author:
With her hands and eyes now occupied with the search for stones, it was far easier to relax. Maea kept within easy speaking distance of the others as she scanned the ground for that tell tale glow, quietly marveling at how easy it all felt. The talking. The simplicity of the task. The startling ease of being in the company of two women she had always thought of as formidable - and never mind that one had not even been around to get to know.

"Amun said as much, but I wanted to be sure," she replied. Bolstered by the unanimous response she received; though she tried to hide just how much it meant even as she smiled at Isla. "There is plenty of room. You're more than welcome." A quiet flutter of excitement went through her; there might be enough interest to actually make it happen, now.

Intrigued, she turned back to Wessex. "Oh? What sort of something?" Momentarily distracted by a glow at the corner of an eye, she leaned down to pick up two more stones. Bigger this time, they lit up her face as she turned them over in her hands before tucking them away.

Just then, a piercing wail cut through the stillness, and Maea froze as the Banshee appeared in the distance.
Maea
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
A star, a frog - Wessex has to admit to herself that she’s never really looked at glowstones like this before. They weren’t her thing as a kid. Anyway, it’s true, they’re going down a delightfully innocent path and she’s just about to reveal the wonders of the Knowtbook to Maea when a bone-chilling scream pierces through the darkness.

Wessex freezes for a hot second and then whips around, searching for the source of the sound. There - some ways beyond the safety of the Glade, is a skeletal, pale figure who seems to potentially have her sights trained on the Ascended trio.Glancing down at her two rocks and then to her sisters, she murmurs quietly, “I’m not really in the mood for a fight tonight. Think we got enough stones?”

They can always continue the conversation… wherever they’re going to store the glowstones until mixing time.
WESSEX
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Isla has collected a couple more pebbles in the course of the conversation until now; she's had to use her coat to create a little fabric basket for them, and there are two larger stones and a few smaller ones cradled in there. More than enough when combined with her sisters' efforts, she's sure. Which is a good thing, because the piercing shriek is enough to have her whipping around as well, pebble blue eyes wide.

"A fine idea," she murmurs to Wessex, already backing away and gesturing for Maea to do the same. "More than enough, I would say. We can look at them all in the safety of somewhere that isn't here, no?" It already sounds as though she's got Wessex's agreement, so Isla starts to pick her way out of the Glade without further ado.
Maea Valair

Change author:
Rather eager to leave, Maea nodded quickly and made herself turn around, away from the ghostly shape that stared so balefully at them.

"It's the second time I see her here," she breathed; it was an effort to walk calmly rather than simply bolting like a rabbit. She made a point of gathering up more glowing stones on the way back, though this time she kept close to the others. "I wonder what she wants."
Maea
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Ah yes, the age old question: what does a Banshee want? Revenge? Unfinished business? A nice long chat with a therapist? Caido may never know, and neither will these three, as Wessex drops back (just a tad) to make sure they’re able to retreat from the Glade without any further interference.

Where they’re going to hold the glow stones, however, hadn’t yet been decided, so the General suggests a place that isn’t always busy. “Shall we store these in the Barracls? Plenty of room in a corner or something.” Assuming that there’s no push back, she’ll follow the other two there, and make a mental note to show the Knowtbook to Maea at a later date.

{Fin}
WESSEX