[RQ] and the shadows fall behind you
RQ thread to find the sunniest spot
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
Early morning awakenings were not a difficult task for the General; nearly every day was a commitment in those movements. Accustomed to schedules, trainings, and workouts; routine notions were strictly adhered to for the soldiers and guards’ benefits, expectations remaining and regarded with procedure, practice, and patterns. Ensuring those duties were taken care of before he marched out towards the Citadel walls, he put on his furs, and crossed over the section of streets and market-squares, waving or nodding to a few others who’d embarked on similar attributes; starting just as the lantern lights were no longer necessary.

He made a beeline for some reputable trades and favors with woman who ran the coffee shop and left with three thermoses filled to the brim with caffeine, and some pastries, figuring if he rendered all of them alert and content, the task would be easier.

Thereafter, the Sword’s long strides took him to the arch of the aperture into Halo, and he stood underneath it, solid and stoic beneath its brim, as the sun began to rise, orange and red and emblazoned, over the press of stark ivory; waiting for the others to join him.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
I have never feared the storm
Sah spends his early morning tending to his pups and ensuring that they have ample supervision via Ilma and Lilly. Once they were content, he began the trek to arch. Arriving, he sends Deimos a grin. "Morning, Deimos." Spotting the coffee and pastries, the Outlander perks up. Caffeine and sugar? Yes please.

He swiftly fills own flask with the steaming drink and grabs a muffin as well as pocketing a cookie for later. "Thank you." Sah's thankful for the liquid energy, still not used to his new schedule. Despite not needing much sleep in general, readjusting to the chaos that was his pups was a welcome but exhausting endeavor.
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

Much like Deimos, early mornings weren't an issue for Cordelia. Though, she did find it a little harder to get out of bed when Noah was there with her. Still, the hunter manages it. Heading to the arch with her jacket pulled tightly around her slender frame, she lights up at the sight of Sah and Deimos, jogging through the snow towards them. The smile only grows at the offering of coffee and pastries. She takes one thermos happily, sipping from it and grabbing a Danish too, earing into it without a second thought.

"So what are we looking for? Some place sunny?" The specifics were unclear, but Cordelia didn't care one way or the other. She would do whatever it was she needed to do. She quickly finishes off her Danish before grabbing a muffin too, nibbling more slowly on this, following it with another sip of coffee.
And nothing hurts anymore, I feel kinda free
We're still the kids we used to be
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Passing the pastries, coffee, and tea around, he settled for a moment to munch, and subsequently devour, one of the danishes, before starting out along their trek. “Morning,” came on a subsequent greeting, nodding his head to each in turn, before long strides took over, and came around the archway, heading towards the northern portion of the walls. Tipping his skull towards Cordelia’s inquiry, he nodded. “Supposedly we need to find the sunniest spot for the beam. I figured we could start along the walls and see where it reaches the most.”

And so the solar orb began its ascent, striking out over the snow in its illustrious wake. Deimos, ever practical and pragmatic, snagged at the loose charcoal and parchment from his pocket, intending to make notes as they walked. “It will change throughout the day,” given hours and the way the world worked, maneuvered, “But, perhaps there is a space that gets more than others.” Had better access, or more range.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Cordelia

That made sense enough to her. The Attuned nodded, taking another sip of her coffee, humming as it warmed her belly. With easy steps that fall in line behind Deimos, the hunter follows along closely, squinting in the early morning light as she takes in their surroundings. "I imagine it'll be the side opposite of the Fangs. That's where the sun dips down." Surely it would be somewhere along the other wall if that was the case.

"We'll just have to go around everywhere to check." Is finally what she settles on, glancing back towards Sah, a grin on her lips as she does. "Give you a chance to get some exercise in. Both know you need it." He didn't need it. Not when he spent so much time chasing around the twins, but it was fun to tease him about it anyway.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
"Sounds like a good starting point." Along the walls and opposite the fangs certainly had the potential to receive sun throughout the day. And the Fangs were a natural barrier, portal withstanding, so having their cannon on the other side made sense strategically.

Sah playfully nudges Cordelia's shoulder as he passes her and begins to walk along the wall, "Umm-hmm. Sure you're not projecting?" Dangerous words for sure. The Abandoned braces himself should he need to duck an incoming fist. He was more than capable of running too. He highly doubts his cousin is as fast as the twins. If he can catch them? Sah imagines he can outrun Cordelia. Given that they're back on snow instead of the desert sand.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Head bowed for an instant, polishing off another series of notations, he raised it with a slight snort at the insinuation of Sah not exercising enough. As they rounded another portion of the wall, angling closer to the sides of the Tundra and its ever-elapsing abyss, his piercing gaze segmented back to both of them; instigating another proportion of the conversation. “You can always join the militia on our morning runs.” There was a slight edge to his grin; a bit Cheshire and juvenile – knowing how much some of the recruits and warriors whined on their every-day laps around the Citadel.

The sun began to crawl higher and higher now, but they’d yet to reach the opposing nature of the Fangs – still tucked close to its mountainous ramparts. But his strides were steady and sure, leading them onward, taking careful notes once more, sketching tidy outlines on the parchment.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

He was wise to duck because Cordelia didn't hesitate to lash out. Instead of swinging at him though, she pounces from behind, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist like a monkey. She does something incredibly childish, then. Cordelia licks the side of his face, knowing that it would freeze in the cold, snickering at what his reaction would surely be. "Just look at how you're struggling to hold me up, Sah. You need the training." She goaded, a smirk on her lips, nose wrinkling playfully as she dropped from his back.

"I bet I can beat you to the other side first." The Attuned challenged, deciding that there wasn't a reason for them not to have a little bit of fun with the task. Might as well. There wasn't much else for them to do besides watch the sun rise. "Go on three? Deimos can count."
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah lets out a snort of laughter, "Maybe I should. I can bring the twins. They'd love to chase and torment the new recruits." It'd certainly be fun for him as well. He could even turn it into hunting practice for his pups.

The Abandoned holds his cousin's weight with ease. Her comment and action make Sah send her a look that's equal parts offended as it is disgusted. The wet spot on his cheek dries quickly in the cold but that doesn't make it any less miserable of an experience. "Excuse me? You might be faster than me but you sure as hell aren't stronger, cousin." At least, she wasn't from what Sah could gather from the strength of her grip.

And then Cordelia is itching to race and Sah shakes his head with amusement. "Really?" He'd literally just admitted that she was faster. Still, he chuckles and braces himself, "Fine, on three." He knows he has no right to complain given that he'd basically pulled the same thing on her back in the desert.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Something along the lines of not involving children in their trainings simmered behind his teeth, but he let it fade off when all the other antics started. Surveying for a moment, he arched his brow and wrinkled his nose, mildly content to not be involved, catering more to the task at hand than anything else – eyes swinging back to the skyline as the sun continued its long arch and peek upon the horizon. It’d probably be several more minutes before they could declare much of anything in the nature of the light and its more persistent roots, so the potential scolding didn’t nestle its way within.

Not yet, anyway.

Making a few more lines and notations in his parchment, he did naught to egg them on, save for a very casual, cool rumble of his tones. “Three.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
It's a pleasant surprise when Deimos indulges them and begins the countdown. It seems that Sah isn't the only one who can't deny Cordelia of anything. As the Sword starts the countdown, the younger Abandoned adjusts his footing and gets ready to take off as soon as the count ends.

Even if Cordelia is likely to win, he's not about to make it easy for her. What's the point of a race if isn't a challenge after all? And if he does win, he can gloat out it. Good-naturedly of course. Otherwise, Cordelia is sure to give him hell for it later.
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Deimos didn't give them a proper count, but it didn't matter. Cordelia was ready. She shoots off like an arrow, boots scrabbling for only a second against the icy ground, a grin firmly on her face. She only completely a few full strides before she shifts into her fox form, darting more quickly along the top of the wall, paws getting better traction than her boots ever could. Cordelia is faster than him in this form and she knew it too.

Unwilling to lose the race, even though there were no real stakes if she lost, but her competitive nature doesn't let her. Instead she goes full tilt, sprinting along the top of the wall, trying her best to outpace him.
I don't want to waste away

I want to live another day
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Purposefully obnoxious in not giving the count in the way either expected, he gave a wry grin as the antics persisted. From his vantage point behind the lot, sipping down the last proportions of his tea, he wasn’t surprised as the hunter altered herself. He would’ve done the same – hellhound prowess over ice and rime and barreling down in competitive edges – though the General would’ve presumed Cordelia to take her reindeer shift over the fox. The wall had been a more conniving action, and a hint of amusement lingered in the Attuned bond. “Best be quicker than that,” he motioned to Sah – presuming the Abandoned had some other tricks ready.

Shrugging either way, he followed them around corners and edges, keeping pace with sweeping strides rather than any use of his speed, ensuring they were in his line of sight. The Sword had half a notion to hit either of them with a passing snowball, for amusements, but obliged their escapades without interfering, as they all made their way towards the back portions.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Well apparently, a countdown is void and Sah snorts out a laugh as Cordelia takes off without warning. "Now that's just cheating!" The words are made of pure mirth, noting the revenge for what it was. He knows he's at a disadvantage. But although Sah might not have four legs, he's always been built more for speed then strength.

As such, he takes off after the fox at a dead sprint, using his telekinesis and newly realized air magic to move snow and debris out of his way. Having a clear path is as much of an advantage as the Abandoned can give himself. And if a stray pile of snow somehow moves to stand in Cordelia's way? Who's to say how it got there.
Sah