(open)Second Step
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
Oerwoud was the next place on Darkeye's list to visit. The place was in his eyes the most promising. Nature flourished here quickly and one had the mountain in the back and could use the nature around him to found a village. The question was only could he clear this place fast enough to build a small village. There was plenty of material here. He first took a few samples of the different plants as well as the soil itself. He had to learn a lot because some of these places were unpredictable. He heard about a creature that should lurk here. Was the place safe enough for a village? Much was uncertain in this world, but he could not let himself be upset by it.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int: 0
Played by: Cith Offline
Change author:
MP: 235
in tenebris est veritas.
At some point in his journeying, Darkeye picks up a tail. The figure tracks him for a short time-- listening for his progress through the underbrush, inspecting the plants that he harvests from, crouching to touch the places where he steps. These are not the stalkings of a predator, but rather the symptoms of a cautious curiosity.

They would spot him soon enough. And they would not be difficult to detect in turn, between the long antlers on their skull mask and the distinct blackness of their skirts in the otherwise colorful surroundings. When they inevitably catch his gaze, Chaele tilts their head and keeps their distance.

“What are you doing here?” They ask lowly, voice graveled with suspicion.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye had been sure he was being followed, but he didn't know what kind of animals were there. He was careful not to run into the territory of any animal. The smell was difficult to judge. Maybe it was in the territory of a bear? Then he saw, again and again, the skirt or the antlers. He gripped his spear a little tighter. He did not turn around when the voice asked for him. A bit more serious and with a firm voice he said. "It is impolite not to introduce yourself. I am Darkeye and I am trying to understand this world. Are you going to attack me or why have you been following me all this time?" He was ready to fight them, but he wanted to avoid bloodshed... He didn't know if there was more than this one person. Caution was the order of the day.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
in tenebris est veritas.
“I like to follow my curiosity,” they answer, with no further reason to hide. They see the tension in his spear hand, hear the vigilance in his voice, but they cannot resist nearing the man-- like it is a test to be won. “And you are very curious.”

There is something familiar about him now that they get a closer look, but that day at the Spire was so many days ago that they no longer remember the texture of his hand as they helped pull him out of that hole. Nonetheless they are inclined to indulge his introduction, the long mask tilting in scrutiny of him. “I am called Chaele.” Their hands lift a little from their sides, only to show that there are no weapons in them. “And now I have answered your questions. Perhaps you would think it impolite not to answer mine.”
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye slowly turned around, the spear was still not loosened, not because of the new shape. But because he did not know if there were beasts here that could take advantage of it. "Curiosity drives me, yes that's right. But I try to be very careful,"/ he said with a broad grin.

Now that Darkeye thought about it there was a similar person to him Spire but he wasn't sure if it was the same one. It could also be some kind of cult that lives in these parts. "To answer your question, I am trying to find a place to build and live away from the coming war. But for that, I have to see how the earth is here. The fauna and the flora. How they are driven and if it is good for the people. As you can see there are many factors to consider. I hope this is not a problem for you Chaele."He said with a friendly tone.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Change author:
in tenebris est veritas.
It is not the first time Chaele has been assumed to be a cultist, and perhaps they are; though they have no cult to belong to, they are more concerned with the wellbeing of the forest than of any who were foolish enough to wander into it unprepared. The idea of intruders unsettles them, the muscles of their rune-carved arms pulsing with contempt.

People do not often treat the land with the respect it deserves.” Theirs are not friendly words, but neither are they quite hostile. While Chaele understands the desire to flee from conflict, their posture broadens into that of a protective mother as they lean toward and over the stout man. “How do you know you will not bring the war to this place?”
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye tried to assess Chaele's appearance, which reminded him of witches or druids. He also couldn't determine a weapon, even if it would make no difference. He noticed the muscles tightening. He was prepared.

He did not loosen his grip on his spear. "I can't rule it out. However, many people feel the need to go to such a place. They need a place where they can retreat without getting into all this war. The desert is not an option. Of course, there are people who do not respect nature but I try to live in harmony with it. I hunt what I need and try to use everything from the animal. Are you the protector of the forest that you ask me such questions?" Darkeye did not want to shed blood, but the person made him nervous. He would defend himself if he had to.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Change author:
in tenebris est veritas.
Darkeye would probably notice the sheath and hilt of a hunting knife on the outside of Chaele’s pack, but it is not exactly within quick reach of their hand. They are contentious, unapproving perhaps, but as the moments wear on they are not proven deadly. Not to say he should not be prepared for the rest of the forest.

“The forest does not grant such titles. But I do what I can to make sure the wild lands of this world are protected from those who would take advantage of them.” The answer is cool and steady, certain of their place in the world-- but not of his. “How will you protect these people that you would bring? Will you cut trees for shelter? Will you teach them how to survive properly?”
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He tried to assess the capabilities of his opponent but couldn't really the clothes and skull hid too much. The hunting knife was no problem in his eyes of Darkeye. The unknown made him nervous. If he founded the village here, would Chaele be a support or a hurdle?

Darkeye took a moment to answer this. "I will have to cut down trees for that. I will have to build houses and make room for fields and more. But I will try to teach the people to live together with the forest. The future will show how well that goes." A self-appointed guardian of the forest. But Darkeye had also given himself a task, so there was no difference.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Change author:
in tenebris est veritas.
Their contemptuous scowl would be difficult to see behind the mask, but the furrow of their dark brow is unmistakable. Their hands ball into angry fists at their sides, but then they loosen with a mollifying flourish. Chaele can prevent this, and killing this man is not the best way to do it.

“The soil is poor here,” they reason, gesturing toward the trees around them and the tangle of roots at their feet. Notably, this is the first time they have taken their eyes from Darkeye, though not for long. “The many plants absorb all the nutrients, leaving little to remain should you fell them. The predators are numerous as well. Such a village would be difficult to defend.”
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He slowly lowered his weapon and sat down in a cross-legged position. It seemed that this conversation was going to go on for a while. Perhaps Chaele would feel more comfortable if the spear was no longer held aggressively. He also took a sip from his water hose and tried to stay calm.

Darkeye shook his head. "Then the balance of the forest is already disturbed and I could try to bring back balance. A wall helps us against predators, and fire is often a deterrent for such creatures. The trees would then have to be uprooted to make room for new seedlings. As colorful as it is here and with the right fertilizer I think you can build a good village here. The forest benefits from my plans." Such statements would not stop Darkeye.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Change author:
in tenebris est veritas.
They watch him sit with a skeptical eye, observing the gesture of trust without reciprocation. Instead they step carefully to one side, then the other, pacing slowly as they peer back and forth through the sideways eyes of the skull mask.

“The balance of the Oerwoud includes the competition for resources. The battle for soil nutrients has shaped its vegetation for generations. It does not benefit from walls or fire, but rather from the preservation of that which has existed long before you or I set foot in it.”

Only when they have said their piece do they kneel a half dozen or so feet from Darkeye, tattered and muddy skirts splayed around them, ready to stand again if need be. “Not to mention that the true soil is far below us. You will dig for a few feet before you reach the roots of the Undergrove, which will not support your wells and foundations.”
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Target reached the eyes clearly show that this behavior was something with which the fewest who are tense can cope... Darkeye tried to take the aggression out of the conversation with this gesture. He breathed calmly and showed that there was no danger for Chaele.

Darkeye played with his beard. "But you can't rule out that my plan would not help the forest. If what you say is true, there are only people here who are trying to survive in the forest as nature itself is trying to do. It is in the spirit of Caido that we live in this world." He was convinced by his words.

He was silent for a moment and slowly pulled out a book and charcoal pen and wrote this down. "Then I need to look at the areas and find a way to find stable ground. Or move the village underground," he said as if it were a matter of course.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Change author:
in tenebris est veritas.
“People are drawn to the wilds because we belong here, it is true. But too many of them are so far removed from what it means to survive, that they think they need what they do not.” Their tone is somewhat calmer now that they are seated, a hand turning over in an insistent gesture. Even if this man proves not to be a threat to them, his ideas are a threat to what they hold dear.

They watch the charcoal move on the page with curiosity, leaning forward to get a better look at what he writes. Still they chatter on. “You do not need farms to eat. You do not need walls to sleep. You do not need to cut out a piece of the land to live among it. Better to teach people how to survive than to change the land like any other settlement.”