[se] out on that tight rope
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
the lullaby
And you should know,
I left but never lost my place
"Roooooniiiinnnnn" Remi calls in a melodic voice, stretching out his husband's name as if it were a melting bit of taffy. A chorus of jingle bugs chime with a sound like handbells outside of the houseboat, filling the chilly air with warm and warbling notes. "Oh Roooooonniiiiin...." He calls out again when waiting and listening brought only serene silence. Frowning, the alchemist glances over his shoulder where, atop last year's monumental memory-snow dick sits a prettily-wrapped present. Biting at the inside of his cheek and not wanting to walk back towards their home lest some bug or bird abscond with his gift (it took him ages to place it just so on the head of their penis, after all), Remi huffs to himself before loudly shouting, "RONIN" with enough force to cause a layer of snow to whummppfff off a nearby bough.

Clearing his throat and straightening, Remi glances around inconspicuously, quite sure that he'd done enough to finally rouse his husband from sleep.
and these nights I miss you most
my heart is yours to break
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the darkstar
The changing of the seasons heralds a change, too, in the Huntsman, one that Remi will know now like the back of his hand. The luxere in him is calmed by the snows and the short days, wanting little more than to prance and frolic. The dragon and the phoenix shy from the cold by comparison, leaving him sleepy and companionable - a welcome difference from Leafchange, most would agree. Thus it will take until the third bellow call of his name for Ronin to stir, and when he does appear on the doorstep, it's with squinting eyes and desperately messy dark hair.

"Welcome home," he chimes, the greeting half hidden behind a yawn, and he tugs his blanket closer around himself as he heads out onto the snowbank, bare feet and all, to hold out his arms for his husband. "I missed you." He'd say it whether Remi had been gone for days or minutes, and it will be no less true.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
And you should know,
The sight of the Huntsman, looking so adorably dishevelled, has Remi's breath catching in his throat in a way he finds quite welcome. With the trials of last season gone, both those he does and doesn't remember, Remi is quite content to let himself choke on his love for Ronin, even as his throat closes painfully around his held breath.

Standing a touch taller, the alchemist's cheeks dimple on one side first with the crookedness of his smile, and then both as he stretches out his hands to entice his sleepy counterpart farther into the snow. "I thought of nothing but you on my flight home." Remi replies warmly, absently shaking one of his outstretched hands as a curious clarinet-sounding bug tried to land on his open palm. "I have something for you."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
The bottoms of his pants are soaked and his toes will be numb by the time they head back inside, but it's all worth it to get to his husband. Plodding through the snow, Ronin hums a note of contentment as he slips into Remi's arms, absently swatting at one of the jingle bugs as if to tell it to gets its own hand to perch on.

"Is it you? Because that's the only thing I really want," he says, smiling a kiss along the scruff of Remi's jawline. "Although I suppose I should be grateful that we're still giving each other presents. What did you get?" It's only at this point that the Huntsman glances around, spotting the jauntily wrapped present atop their giant snowdick.

"...I forgot that was going to come back," he says, sounding very proud of them both.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
And you should know,
Letting his fingers rove and wander over the familiar lumps of Ronin's body that he can feel from overtop of the blanket, Remi grins with surprising sunniness despite having just come back from visiting Ludo. "For once it is not me. Although you will have to touch a penis to get it." The Lullaby replies as he follows Ronin's gaze to the tippy-top of last year's masterpiece.

"However you want to tackle it is up to you." Remi offers, nosing towards the massive shaft and taking special note of the bulbous vein one of them had added. Though it would be all too easy to reach up a tentacle and snag Ronin's present, that would be absolutely no fun at all.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"Ohhh?" Smooching Remi's cheek again, Ronin sneaks a hand out of his blanket to press it against the front of the Lullaby's pants, as if this is the penis he'll need to touch to be able to get his present. Alas, he doubts that is the case, but he's happy with his choice nonetheless. "That's quite a tackle to tackle," he remarks, his cheek pressed against his husband's now as he looks to the top of the snow penis.

"I think I will need some help," he says eventually, shuffling back and smiling sleepily to Remi. "Could you give me a boost?" So saying, he pulls one wet, freezing cold foot from the snow, hoping that the Lullaby will kindly make a cradle with his hands that Ronin can step into.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
And you should know,
Sadly the cold has tempered whatever rise Ronin thought he might get out of his husband but were he to keep at it...Regretfully though, the penis in question was of the snowy variety, and despite the suggestive bob of his eyebrows, Remi really did intend Ronin to best the snowdick.

"Mmmmmmmmm." The alchemist hums in agreement, nuzzling his cheek against Ronin's before grumbling companionably as his help is requested. Making a step with his hands, it's unclear if Ronin's feet will be too numb to feel the suckers that have attached onto the Huntsman's foot, but if he does, Remi is quite prepared to say it's just his way of making sure Ronin keeps his footing.

Able to raise Ronin was if he were nothing more than a paper doll, Remi still grunts and sways with feigned effort. Atop the snowdick the Huntsman will find a present that can easily be held in one hand, wrapped in purple satin cloth with an elaborate bow tied on the top.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"Mmmmm," Ronin agrees as he's hoisted up towards the top of the snowdick. His foot is too numb to feel the suckers on Remi's hands, but he'd likely suffer it with a smile to be close to his husband this morning. Given how easy it is for the other man to hold him up, Ronin grasps the beautifully wrapped gift and remains aloft to open it, his other leg popped up as if he's a damsel in a rom-com.

"Now what do we have here..." he wonders, beaming down at Remi and carefully unwrapping the present, only for his blue eyes to grow wide at the sight of what's inside. "For me?" he repeats, raising an eyebrow. "Are you sure? You've been wanting to keep them all safe."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
And you should know,
Numb or no, Ronin's skin temperature won't stop the somewhat guilty but otherwise adoring swirl of emotions that sing upwards from Remi's palm. Letting Ronin down slowly that he won't have to stare awkwardly up at his husband's chin any longer than he has to, it's with a blush and a small smile that Remi confirms yes, he is sure.

"I should have given it to you sooner." Remi admits, reaching up to adjust the blanket more securely around Ronin's shoulders as if the cold is a real threat to his husband's wellbeing. "And now with certain memories gone...I..." Shrugging, boyishly and bashfully, the alchemist opts for a chilly kiss instead of finishing the rest of his thought verbally. ...I just want to keep you safe. He finishes silently, before glancing towards their houseboat.

'There is something else too, but it can wait until we have had coffee.'
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Keeping the Seal of the Duke safely within the present box as he's lowered to the ground, Ronin melts into Remi's kiss with chilly lips and rosy cheeks, letting his free arm slip around the other man's shoulders despite how it might cause his blanket to slip to the ground. I have never felt safer than right here, he assures his husband, sending a warm pulse of joy and gratitude back through their Attuned bond.

"Mm... something else? You are spoiling me," Ronin mumbles as he draws back, turning to walk them back towards the houseboat and taking care to walk in his own deep footprints. "Coffee first, though. And breakfast. We should get something for dinner, too. Mateo gets back from Halo today."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
And you should know,
"Well." Remi's smile turns mischievous. "It is a present for us both." A date he wants to say, but given that he's also planning on inviting Deimos along implies certain things Remi would prefer not to think about.

"Mmm, and breakfast." Remi repeats with a nod. Closing the door behind him and only giving Sugar and Oria and cursory frown as they begin to smash eggs carelessly into a bowl, the alchemist ruffles the remaining snow from his curls before pouring them each a cup of coffee.

Handing Ronin's mug to the Huntsman and blowing on his own, the alchemist grins. 'You wanna go monster hunting?' He asks, somehow sounding both menacing and delighted at the same time.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"Sounds dangerous," Ronin remarks, though he absolutely doesn't sound unhappy about it. How can he, with Remi home and coffee and breakfast on the way? Ducking into the houseboat as well and closing the door, the Huntsman shivers out of his wet pants and is in the process of pulling on some dry ones when he's offered a mug of coffee. "Fanks," he mumbles, leaning in to slurp from the mug before taking it in his hands, offering a coffee sweet kiss as gratitude as well.

Breakfast is going to be messy and Ronin has learned to accept it, so he lets Oria and Sugar get on with their scrambled eggs as he moves to take out some bacon from the ice box. "Monster hunting?" he repeats, grinning over his shoulder. "Why, I used to be quite a monster hunter, you know. Tell me more."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
And you should know,
It's a strange routine that straddles the line between compromise and weary acceptance, but both men have learned that when the companions set their sights on something, it's best to just let them have it. Besides, a few eggshells aren't going to kill anyone.

"Monster Hunting." Remi confirms, taking a sip of his coffee and then immediately sighing happily into the rising steam. 'Did you now?' Raising an eyebrow as if surprised, the alchemist grins and continues. "In talking about relics, Ludo mentioned that it might be worth following up on some of those rumours about what it is that actually haunts the Maw." Extending a tentacle towards one of their cabinets to pull out a pan for Ronin, Remi eyes the dynamic egg-duo who were mixing all sorts of seasonings into their eggs seemingly without restraint and decides not to comment.

"I will be shocked if there is indeed another kraken, but stranger things have been known to happen." He says with a shrug. "So what say you, fabled monster hunter? Or do you need to check your calendar first and see if you are free?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
It won't be the first time Ronin has picked eggshells out of his breakfast, and it's not always the fault of their companions. Taking another sip of his coffee and rolling his shoulders, he places it down on the counter and accepts the pan from the stray tentacle, stealing a quick kiss from Remi's lips as he heads to the oven. "Mm, I really did," he says with a nod as he puts the pan to flame.

"Ohoho, the beastie at the bottom of the Maw, is it? Maybe it's a kraken's prehistoric cousin." Bouncing his eyebrows, Ronin turns to start frying their bacon. "I can always make time for you," he says with a smile that the other man will hear but not see. "I do need to start working on the anti-Ascended mechanism for Stormbreak though. Do you know where Neron Launceleyn is, these days?"