Polar Eyes
Quest turn-in for Safrin
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He came bearing strange gifts to the Citadel's Shrine:

Four bottles made of thick, heavy glass to survive the journeys he had made. One holding a viscous black mud from the Feverlands swamp. One containing clear ocean water that sparkled with salt. One packed with snow, gathered under the moonlight. And one seemingly empty of all but air captured high in the skies above the starlit well of Hak Etme.

There was also a star the size of a hand painstakingly carved all in one piece from a block of perfectly clear ice.

Tal fussed with the placement of bottles and offering, finally getting them arranged just so on the altar before setting the goggles in front of the bottles. Boreal sprawled beside him, yawning by the time he was through so that he shot her a look of fond exasperation.

"Okay, okay, don't rush me," he admonished the dragon before trying to clear his mind and find the words he'd been practicing all day.

"Hello, Safrin. Are you doing well? I, uh, I hope you had a good Leafchange. I went all over Caido an' I met a lot of new people an' I've brought the things you asked. If now's a good time for you. If you're not busy, I mean." He winced as his nervous excitement led to a stumbling babble that he finally bit back with an embarrassed flush, reaching up to rub the back of his neck as he looked down at the feet of the shrine.

Quest objectives:
1. Water from the arclight ocean: {PQ} one, two punch
2. Snow from the Tundra: Time in a bottle
3. Mud from the Feverlands: {open} fear and then nothing
4. Air from a significant height: {SE} Bone dry

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAFRIN

"Never too busy for you, Talyson." Safrin purrs, appearing in a warm rush of spring air that defies the frosty temperatures of the season. "Least of all when you have done what I asked so quickly, although..." The goddess fixes the man with a bright smile. "..I suppose I should have expected nothing less from a courier."

So saying, Safrin turns toward the presented items. With a rush of starlight, the bottles are opened and their contents combined in what appears to be a shimmering sort of paste. Next, the goggles rise into the air where they are thickly covered in this strange mixture. Only, instead of remaining coated, the elements seem to sink down into the goggles themselves and after a moment it appears they were just as they were moments before.

Only...well, observant as Tal was, he'd certainly notice that every imperfection in the lenses had been removed, and they would feel sturdier in his hands.

Tal has received:

See-Right Goggles: Reinforced goggles capable of seeing with perfect clarity regardless of conditions, up to 10ft. This includes magical darkness.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Tal blossomed like one of Vi's Roses beneath Safrin's praise, cheeks and neck flushing with pleasure so that he quickly ducked his head to hide the betraying blush. Which didn't stop him from sneaking a look up from beneath dark lashes to watch the magic happen, and soon enough he was staring openly again with shining eyes as his goggles were changed into something more than they'd been before.

He accepted them back reverently, admiring the crystal clarity of the flawless lenses with a low whistle of admiration. "They're perfect!" Rather than tucking them into his pack, he looped them around his neck for safekeeping. He grinned up at the goddess with enthusiasm and Boreal's tail swept the floor in an echoing wag of her bonded's excitement. "Thank you, Safrin! These will be a big help!"

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAFRIN

Beaming in return, the goddess watches as the courier inspects his new piece of kit. "I'm glad you think so." Safrin replies with a gentle laugh. "Perhaps next we might enchant your boots or even your sled so that you could travel over difficult terrain more easily? Or a coat that can withstand any element?" Just a few ideas for him to muse over, and should the planting of such thoughts bring him back to her?d Well, all the better for them both.

"I hope you enjoy them." Humble as Tal was proving to be, Safrin wouldn't put it past the courier to want to upgrade the range of his goggles even further. That, perhaps, she would suggest at another time.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
At the mention of the coat Tal's eyes gleamed with a bright hunger, remembering the sweltering discomfort of the climb, the humid heat of the Feverlands, and the more familiar frigid winds of Halovian Deepfrost.

But today he had a new gift to try out already in his hands, and he was eager to find the range and test the limits of what he could now see through new eyes. "I will!" he promised - possibly the easiest promise he'd ever made as he reached up to brush the goggles around his neck with fingers that he swore tingled with residual magic (or maybe just residual excitement).

~Fin~