Training collected scars
for Cordelia
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the fire can't touch me
for I have burned too many times
Today was a climbing wall venture for most of the warriors, himself included. While some patrolled the Citadel and its frozen edges, clambering along the outskirts, inspecting and examining for anything out of the ordinary, the rest of them were biding their time, sparring after their own sessions, waiting their turns, or assisting one another in the manners of strength.

Either rounds of supportive laughter or cheers would circumvent each time someone successfully navigated along the structure, along with the occasional shout of advice when another became stuck. Competitive edges sometimes won out along friendly rivalries, until ultimately, based on experience and tending to everyone else, the Sword was the last to go.

Being the creator of the structure, he knew exactly where each hold was, and long sessions of practice had been instilled regardless – but he alternated between routes, striving for greater difficulty. Striding towards the selected section, he dusted his hands together, then strode towards the ascent – muscles content at the necessity of might and diligence, concentration amidst the upheaval. Multitudes of the soldiers bantered from above or below, and he chuckled amidst the camaraderie, arms extending to gain more and more within the grasps.
the sea can't harm me
for I have been drowning all my life
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877

Cordelia was... Bored. Honestly. A bit of a new thing for her. There wasn't much to do. Not many places to go. Halo had shifted into that time of year where it kept her inhabitants dormant. She couldn't even properly hunt. It left her anxious and antsy. She knew there were things to do. A regional quest to complete. Stores to fill. Arrows to craft. Yet none of that held her attention right now. Not in the way that they should.

Her muscles ached to work and that's how she found herself wandering. At first intent on going to the barracks, knowing that the soldiers were almost always willing to spar, but she found it rather empty. Which led her back to the streets. It was climbing day. Many of the bodies on the wall she didn't recognize, but it was hard to miss the familiar and large form of Deimos. "Oi! General! Best watch yourself!" The hunter calls out to her friend, already seeing the loosened and falling ice from the edge above, watching as it went straight towards Deimos's head.

Cordelia Limore

'Cause they got the cages, they got the boxes and guns
They are the hunters, we are the foxes and we run
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
the fire can't touch me
The warning was appreciated; giving him pause over his senses in a furrowed brow, hands and feet still held fast to the precipices. Within a moment, he’d gathered enough of his wits to send out his water incantations, permitting them to disperse of the impending ice with eager clarity – coming down as a few flakes instead of impaling icicles.

Twisting his head back so that he could only see her upside-down from his vantage point, listening to the jeers and calls from his fellow warriors as he had yet to move again, he snorted out of tangled amusements. Very catlike. “Thank you,” he complied with a rumbling tone, eventually turning himself upright so that he could merely shift his cranium over his shoulder, glancing downward at the hunter. “What brings you by today?”
the sea can't harm me
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

He dodges the falling ice and Cordelia can't help the smile that finds her lips, amusement coloring the bond that ties them together as the other soldiers call out in jest. "What would you ever do without me?" The Attuned calls out with a smirk. She takes a few meandering steps forward, kneeling down to scoop some snow into her hands, packing it into a ball. She does this as she watches him. One after the other, creating a neat little stack of snowballs, "Couldn't stand being cooped up any longer. Needed to do something."

Even if that something was harassing him. Taking one of the snowballs in hand, Cordelia draws her arm back, taking aim and pelting him in the back with it. "Let's see how fast you climb under assault, general!" She goads, grinning all the while as she scoops up another snowball.

Cordelia Limore

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the fire can't touch me
“Plenty,” he murmured with the same grin, concentrating on aligning on another grasp, his fingers clutching over the holds, arm muscles pulling, until he hastened upwards, continuing the cycle of movements and motions. There was no protest from his form – tried and true, content and pleased, satisfied at the use of their fervor and strength; power for power, brawn for brawn. A few more jeers erupted as he persisted, touching over another proportion that was a stretch for his digits.

His focus wasn’t to be diminished either as Cordelia talked, and apparently intended to bombard with snowballs. He rolled his eyes at the wall itself, ensnaring his air incantations this time, listening as the rolled bombardments went sailing towards him – and then deftly turned around at his request, intending to launch back towards her.

And with another breath (and probably a laugh too), he persevered towards another grip.
the sea can't harm me
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:

Cordelia scoffs at his retort, hearing him even as the wind tries to carry his words away from her, "Rude!" She retorts, smiling to herself even as the other soldiers chuckle at their antics. This isn't unusual to her, seeing Deimos this way, but the soldiers were likely getting a different idea of their general. Picking up another snowball just as he sends the other back towards her, Cordelia dives out of the way, rolling over her shoulder to dodge the projectile.

Rearing her arm back, the hunter releases her shot at his back again, managing to catch him in the shoulder with a satisfying thump. The snow splatters against his coat, dusting him in a powdery finish, "You should be nicer to your friends!"

Cordelia Limore

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the fire can't touch me
Even as the snowball splatted against furs and coat, he laughed. It ricocheted and volleyed amongst his people, his home, his world, reverberating in the warmth, comfort, and careful disposition they’d all cultivated here. There was a slight shudder against his skin as snowflakes cascaded near his neck, but otherwise, nothing detrimental – amusement for the sake of amusement, and not much more.

Snagging at another grasp, incapable of seeing her duck and roll from his vantage point on the climbing wall (and striving to discern a sheer amount of miniscule movements in a short timeframe), the General snorted at her response. A joke from Cordelia’s angles, he presumed, as he’d given much of himself over to his friends, allies, and companions – a thousand times over.

But just for that comment –

He snagged at the ground below, turning his head slightly to see where she stood, intending for it to rumble beneath her feet, make her move, make her dodge, make her falter and fall.
the sea can't harm me
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:

Cordelia watched with satisfaction as the snowball hit his shoulder, splattering across his fur and making his shiver as it found his neck. Her own laugh echoed off the walls in time with his, scooping up another snowball as she found her knees beneath her, watching him reach for another hand hold. The soldiers had all paused their own efforts in favor of watching them. Not that Cordelia paid them any mind.

Now, they both knew that Deimos did more for those he cared for than anyone else. He bent over backwards to ensure they were taken care of and safe. He'd built them a home in the woods of King's End, made sure they were protected, and always had their backs. Cordelia didn't know what she would do without him.

The ground rumbles beneath her and Cordelia yelps, shuffling to the side as she tried to line up a shot, throwing it towards him as she fell to the side.

Cordelia Limore

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the fire can't touch me
Deimos snickered, a very juvenile, boyish grin against the wall, as he snagged at one of the last holds. It wouldn’t be much longer until he’d maintained his prowess at the top of the climbing apparatus, and his abilities would be rendered fully capable again. The glint of mischief varnished and lacquered over the Attuned natures – permitting her to regard the notions of impending doom.

Listening to the rally of the earth below, at his own beck and call, made him laugh again, barely stifled, snorting along the veneer of ice and rime. Even some of his own soldiers chuckled from the peak, and he couldn’t help but snort when the snowball went very wide this time. It landed upon the training fixture with a sudden splat, allowing him another opportunity.

Which the Sword often took – snagging at some proportions of snow collected on the summit, and with his Mastered Air, rallying it in modest drifts and piles for Cordelia – perhaps to magically cascade over her.
the sea can't harm me
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:

There was a smile on her lips even as she fell shoulder first into the snow. Her eyes bright as she looked up at him. It didn't matter that the snowball went wide, splatting against the wall instead of hitting him, but Cordelia barely had a moment to recover. He sent a cascade of snow down on top of her, burying her beneath the powder and flurries, leaving her laughing even as she feigned outrage. "You could have killed me! Buried be alive in slush! I could have suffocated!" The Attuned calls up to him, a grin on her lips even as she struggles to get herself up, already scooping snow into her hands.

She throws one last snowball up at him, hitting the back of his head with a satisfying splat, scattering across his shoulders. The huntress gets back to her feet, brushing snow off of her person and shaking it from her hair. "Come down here, general! I think you've proved your point."

Cordelia Limore

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the fire can't touch me
Hoisting himself up, one last crawl over the peak was met with several ridiculous war cries from his constituents, before looking down at the shamble of mess. He permitted the last round of snow to whack him, unfazed once more by the cold, the juvenile, boyish grin extended into the anarchy of the moment. “But I did not,” and he wouldn’t have – it hadn’t been that much material. Rolling his eyes at the embellished antics, he motioned out of the way for the next volley of soldiers to come rallying up the wall.

Removing his gloves and meandering down the side, he snorted at her insinuation. “That I am not to be trifled with?” With another mischievous snicker, he gestured for her to follow him beside the braziers. “Come on. I think we have earned some food.”

{FIN}
the sea can't harm me