[SE] Merry and Bright
for Pihu
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
(continued from the SWE thread)

Pihu had asked where they had all come from, and the mermanta gave a single shake of his head.

"I do not know. This is my first taste of these waters," Hadama admitted, also watching the people passing by in their winter best; from furs and jewels to ragged cloaks and fingerless gloves it seemed as if people had come from all corners of Caido. The merfolk had their own fashions, but this heavy layering looked unwieldy and uncomfortable; certainly difficult to swim in.

"And of this drink," he added, turning his attention back to the pleasure of the moment. He echoed P, taking another sip of the delightfully hot liquid and letting it roll around on his tongue before swallowing.

"Have you been well?" A question of courtesy, but there was genuine curiosity in his eyes when he opened them again to watch his fellow Torcher.
Pihu Anjali
Thief

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int: 0
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Pihu

Pihu glanced down at Hadama. Frowning, her gaze slid to the water he swam in. "Is that just an expression, or do merpeople actually taste water?" Her brow furrowed.

Shrugging, she scooted over so she could watch him and the carnival folk at the same time. "I wish I could say this was my first time in King's End, but it's not. I was just mindin' my own business when this other Attuned came outta nowhere and knocked by from the sky." Scowling, her grip tightened on her mug of cocoa.

"Aye, I guess. Nothin' much to report. Well, except for getting stood up by Ludo twice." She laughed and shook her head.
They say these are the golden years
But I wish I could disappear
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"It is like... drylanders smelling air," he said slowly, considering each word to ensure if fit what he wanted to convey. "It is not just an expression." Some waters - like some smells - were worse to experience than others, of course.

He found a low spot on the shore to rest his elbows on as he joined P in people-watching. It provided a safe place to set his drink, too, though he was in no hurry to let the cup out of his hands. "How did you know they were Attuned?" he asked curiously.

Mention of the gods brought a somber nod of his head, and a faint furrow of his brow. "It is not always the gods that answer at Shrines." His voice was quiet, holding an old tension beneath the calm surface. "Perhaps no answer is better than the alternative."
Pihu Anjali
Thief

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int: 0
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Pihu

Nodding at Hadama's explanation, Pihu sniffed. It came out in a wheeze and she grimaced and pinched her nose a few times. "Makes sense. Though right now, I can't smell anythin' in this chill." Grimacing, she took a sip of the cocoa, then held it right under her nose.

"Well, when I started panickin' and dropped like a stone, they got all apologetic like." She snorted. "She coulda at least checked first." Although she grumbled, she shivered at the memory, and not from the cold in the air.

Laughing, she gave another nod. "Yer right about that. The first time, a spirit appeared and soaked me from head to toe."
They say these are the golden years
But I wish I could disappear
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Hadama didn't smile, but the corners of his eyes threatened to crinkle at P's grumbling over the weather. He took another sip of cocoa, offering simple, silent support in her time of tribulation.

The story of the flyby attack earned a curiously raised brow, and the ghost of an almost-smile lingered. "I am glad you were not harmed." His voice was solemn, but green eyes sparkled with reflected market lights. "What had brought you here, before?" It was very far from their usual home.

The mention of mischievous spirits made the corner of his lips quirk just slightly before he got it back under control, though his tail swished through the water with amusement. "Ah. A helpful spirit, then," he said, tone carefully solemn and thoughtful.

Sip.