salvation in the heavens
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

After the encounter with the hell house, Maeve is eager to seek out Safrin again, wanting more information that could possibly get her a step closer to this relic. With her offering in hand, Maeve climbs the now familiar stairs, Aidon trailing behind her like he always does. Ever watchful and protective. Approaching the altar, Maeve takes a moment to clear off the granules of sand that have collected, placing fresh candles on the stone and lighting some incense for the hell of it. She lights the candles next and carefully places her offering out. A diadem that she found at the festival and thinking that the moonstones were incredibly fitting for the goddess.

"Safrin, I'm here for a few reasons. Pressing reasons. With the war looming around the corner I worry for the safety of Torchline. We have the fountain and that will do wonders for keeping us together, but I can't help feeling that we'll be vulnerable without something to defend ourselves. I've seen what Ronin can do with the constellations you've given him and was thinking we could have something similar?" The Nightshade begins, knowing not to waste her time, getting straight to the matter at hand. "I- I also found out about the location of a potential relic. In Stormbreak. I was hoping you might be able to give me some more information it."

Maeve is here to pick up a RQ for TL and ask about the relic!

A constellation {Scorpia, Hydra (giant sea serpent), etc.) that can be called down by the current leader to act as a guardian for Torchline when the region is threatened.
Come away little lamb come away to the slaughter
To the one appointed to see this through

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
every bait and switch was a work of art
With the reasons being as pressing as the Nightshade believes them to be, Safrin's arrival does not include her normal pomp and circumstance. Instead, she merely sighs into being near the window where she might be backlit by the sea. Her eyes make a cursory detour towards Maeve's many offerings, but quickly move to give the Quee her full attention.

"Ronin's constellations are small. Contained in his skin." Safrin points out gently. "Something large enough to protect Torchline...that would take a good deal of effort, although.." The goddess pauses and smiles. "..clearly that is something you have taken into account. The most important thing will be to build a star-gate for your constellation to come through. If not, you would simply have stars crashing down upon your sands." So saying, Safrin explains the rest of what would need to be done in order to capture and use such a constellation for Torchline's benefit.

As for a relic in Stormbreak? Safrin tilts her head thoughtfully. "If there is one in Stormbreak, I don't know of it, but then...shortly after the war I was placed into the Hollowed Grounds with the rest of the heralds. What happened there I have no idea of."

Tasks. There is no time limit. There are currently 14 active Grounders. This means 7 unique characters have to participate. Characters can participate more than once. Maeve must participate in at least 2 threads , Ray, Jack, and Harper must participate in at least 1.

1. 3 threads of Torchers 'catching stars' in different naturally occurring pools of water. Stars can be 'caught', by scooping up the reflection of starlight.

2. A ME deciding how best to trigger the constellation and how, if at all, it can be stopped. Also, should the constellation be more offensive or defensive in nature? This ME must include at least 1 Mer.

3. A PQ of 4 Torchers creating a Star Gate. This can be made out of any material. Choose your location carefully.

4. A thread of at least 3 Torchers leaving offerings for Safrin at the Aumakua by starlight. (This should be done at the lighthouse board and not the shrine itself. (Mers can participate in this from the water)).
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Maeve commits it all to memory, nodding at her words as she offers a small smile to her goddess, "I understand. We'll get started on this... I know our time is limited." She says, considering what else the goddess has to say of the relic, pursing her lips in consideration. A slight furrow forms between her brows, jaw feathering as the words settle over her, not giving her much to go off of. "If the Order didn't know about it and you don't know about it... Where else could I possibly start?"

They needed to start moving on this before the Ascended. "I plan to go to Stormbreak while Ronin is away looking for the other relic in the Maw. To keep an eye on things and start looking. There is an Ascended who got this information too. I have no doubt that he's already told the others."

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
every bait and switch was a work of art
"Perhaps the Order did know of it, but now that Cian is gone as is the knowtbook, much of that information is lost forever." Safrin replies with a small shake of her head. "I would look somewhere old...you will not find the relic just laying about in a shop. Or at least, that is not where I would expect to find it."

Twitching her lips slightly, Safrin considers. "Perhaps it would be wise to tell Ronin he should finish Stormbreak's quest to keep the ascended out sooner rather than later. That would solve this problem entirely..or at least buy you more time."
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It isn't much to go off of and Maeve wants to press more, but if Safrin says she doesn't know, Maeve has no reason to doubt her. The Nightshade sighs, much like the goddess had, "Thank you, Safrin. I'll do that." They had to start somewhere and Maeve knew that just waiting wouldn't do them any good. Maeve straightens, running a hand through her curls, smiling at Safrin at the mention of Ronin. "I'm sure he's working on it, but I will talk to him too."

Giving Safrin one last smile and nod, Maeve makes to leave, "I'll see you soon. Hopefully one of these days we'll just be able to talk." The Nightshade huffs a soft laugh, leaving the goddess to disappear back into the stars. She had work to do.

~FIN <3~