strike while the iron's hot
For Amun
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
if I ever start to think straight
When Alexander caught Amun's wrist, he chuckled. It was the work of the moment to swivel his own wrist through the smith's thumb and forefinger, breaking the grip so the potter could lace their fingers together for the briefest of moments. "I'll bet." With a wink, he dropped his hand.

"Well, a job interview doesn't seem like the right time or place. That sort of conversation seems more appropriate for a date, does it not?" Arching an eyebrow, he cocked his head to one side.

Smirking, he shrugged one shoulder. Eyes flicking down to his fellow Ascended's lips, the guild master hummed a low note. "That's for me to know and you to find out." His tongue darted out to rest on his fangs for just a second.

"I see. Who else is in your sample? Asking for scientific purposes, of course." Laughing, he waggled his eyebrows. Lifting his hands, he slid them all the way down his shirt. They left a line of ink that tapered as it approached his waist. "I'll have you know I'm excellent with my hands."

Grinning, he pointed at a little kiln and pottery wheel in the corner. The shelves behind it were downright lined with vases, pots, plates, cups, basically anything made of clay painted in a vibrant rainbow of colors. "I'm a potter." Looking back at Alexander, Amun narrowed his eyes to see how the other man would take it.
this heart will start a riot in me
Amun
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Age: 38 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Alexander

Xander doesn't bother to pull his hand back from Amun as the potter laces their fingers together. He savored the brush along his skin and how it left his sensors buzzing. With a crooked sort of smile, dimples suddenly apparent as he huffed out a breath that could have passed for a laugh if it had more body to it, Alexander met his gaze before Amun released him again.

A rumble of a hum vibrated through his chest, head dipping into a slight nod as he trailed after the potter, hands pushing into his pockets. "Alright then. A date. Should I wait until after to ask you or...?" He drawled, a playful light finding its way to his eyes.

Gods, did he want to find out. He would give just about anything to find out. Especially when Amun's dark eyes dropped down to his lips and he felt the unnecessary breath catch in his throat as he watched the potter's tongue wet his lips before pressing to the tip of one of his fangs. "Suppose you wouldn't just tell me if I asked then, huh?" Because that would be too easy and nothing about Amun was easy. Xander was quickly figuring that one out.

"I doubt it is anyone you know." Came his quick reply, tracking the potter's hands as they followed the line of his torso, defining his body beneath his shirt for only a moment. Just enough to make him curious. Another chuckle pushed past his lips. "Of that I have no doubt."

And his confidence was rewarded. Especially as Amun pointed at the workspace that was covered with clay. Alexander let out a low whistle, shifting towards the shelves, pausing before he dared to touch any. "May I?" He asked, glancing back at him from over his shoulder.
Mount Everest ain't got shit on me
'cause I'm on top of the world, on top of the world
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Glancing over his shoulder at Alexander, Amun arched an eyebrow. "Should you?" Humming to himself, he faced front, a grin dancing on his lips.

"Are you asking?" Crossing his arms, he cocked his head to one side. Meeting the smith's gaze, the potter waited to see how his fellow Ascended would take that.

When the other man refused to reveal his sample the guild master clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "You'd be surprised. I'm quite popular around these parts." He shot Alexander a wink.

Chuckling at the compliment, Amun nodded at the request to view his work. As the smith went on to do whatever it was he planned, the potter settled on the potter's wheel in the corner. One foot slid forward to kick at the bottom circle, causing the whole wheel to spin.
Amun
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Age: 38 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Alexander

It was a challenge. The smith was sure of it. With a quiet hum, he followed after Amun, hot on his heels like an overly eager puppy dog. Though, he would never admit it himself. "You don't really seem the type to follow social norms, but then again, hard to say given that this is apparently a job interview and you've been rather professional." He chuckled, meeting the potter's gaze head on.

"Are you offering to kiss it better, Amun? Unless you want to save that too." Alexander let his tongue curl around the artist's name, savoring the taste of it on his tongue, a light dancing in his eyes even as he shifted past him to look at the art that lined the shelves behind his studio space.

This time he laughed, soft and genuine, shaking his head at the man. "I can't imagine why." He teased, responding with his own wink before delicately picking up a bowl from the shelf, testing the thinness of the walls and examining the glaze.

Placing the bowl back onto the shelf, Alexander paused at his shoulder, deciding that they were done with whatever the interview portion of this meeting. "I don't know if you're interested, but I would like to get to know you more. I promise I'm actually a good date and not a total rake." He offered another smile, boyish in the way it made dimples appear, causing his eyes to crinkle slightly in the corners.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun winked at Alexander. "I am always entirely appropriate. For whatever situation I happen to find myself in, of course. Whether that's a job interview, a chat with a handsome stranger, or, oh I suppose, someone's bedroom." The words came out in a purr and the potter smirked.

"Perhaps I'm the withholding type." He arched an eyebrow. "You'll just have to find out on your own." Watching as the smith perused the guild master's work, he kicked at the wheel again. His fingers twitched and his gaze slid towards the clay in the corner.

As his fellow Ascended spoke up again, Amun grinned. "Promises, promises." Standing up, he put a hand on the spinning circle to stop its movement. That left ink on it and clay residue on his fingers. "I suppose I can spare the time to get to know you better. But if it's a date you want, well, you'll just have to make it worth my while."
Amun
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Change author:
Alexander

Amun was a lot of different things. Alexander was quickly learning that. The potter seemed to fill whatever role was necessary at the time and he had to admit that it was pretty impressive. "Of that I have no doubt." He chuckled, turning back towards the potter, watching his fingers trail through the mess of slip that covered the wheel head.

Shifting closer again, Alexander reached for Amun, attempting to catch his hand should he let him. He didn't care about the mess it would likely leave behind when he did so. Not right now. Giving him a soft smile, Alexander spoke again, "Happily... Will you go on a date with me then?" He asked, raising a brow as his head cocked to the side, ignoring the nervous fluttering in his belly as he waited for a response from the potter, well aware that he was putting himself out there.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun just smiled at Alexander. "Oh I'm just getting started." Whistling a few notes, the potter slipped his hands into his pockets. All the while, he met the smith's gaze without wavering.

Finally the other Ascended posed the question. The guild master narrowed his eyes. "I'll think about it."

Smirking, he chuckled and cocked his head to the side. "Now that we've got the question portion of the interview out of the way, I've got some work to do. So unless you needed something else from me, I should probably get to it." He inclined his head to Alexander and, unless the other man had something to add, Amun would saunter into his office in the back.
Amun
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Change author:
Alexander

It wasn't straight up rejection. He would take it. Smiling at the other man, Alexander dipped his head in concession, a huff of breath pushing past his lips. "I'll take it." He finally murmured, drawing back once more from Amun so he could move past him without issue. "I won't keep you. Be seeing you, Amun." With one last look over the potter before he disappeared into the back office once more, Alexander let himself out, drawing in a deep breath that expanded his lungs.

The world seemed a little brighter to him now and with a whistle passing his lips he strode off down the streets, hands in his pockets and a pep in his step. Things were looking up.

~FIN <3~