{SE} mend instead of burn
For Wessex <3
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Age: 38 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
It's gonna take a little time // But with you by my side
It turned out that finding something suitable as a gift for someone who hated your guts was a rather difficult task. Even more difficult when you weren't overly fond of them either. He's not sure what even drove him to do it in the first place besides thinking that maybe it would be best to be on good terms given, well, everything. Alexander pressed his lips into a thin line, finally picking a pale moonstone gem from one of the vendors, examining it in his palm before nodding. "I'll take this one." He murmured, passing off a written voucher for a repair of some sort to be used later.

Collecting the rest of his materials, Alexander finds a place to work, tucked off to the side and out of the way of anyone milling about. With his jeweler's kit beside him and a small cloth spread before him, he began wrapping wire for the bangle he planned to make.
Alexander de Winters
I won't let go // 'Til I've got what's mine
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
What does one get a secret lover who is already more beautiful than precious stones and can’t… exactly advertise that you’re with.

Hard one, right? The General thinks so too. Weapons are nice, but not quite what she wants to say, and even though she fingers a couple of decorated daggers, she ultimately passes them by. Same with clothing - in fact, Ru should take Wessex shopping, so nonexistent is her sense of style. Snorting at the though, she passes through the finery for sale with yet another head-hanging sigh. Same with the jewels - they seem to cliche for what she’s looking for.

It isn’t until she comes to an odds-n-ends stall that her eyes alight on a bronze pendant, no - two. One with a pair of flying birds, and another, singular one. Unable to choose between the two (both well made, both with symbolism), she purchases both and carries then in her hand until she can find a back alley to slip down and get out of the crowd - unexpectedly coming upon Alexander.

“Oh, excuse me,” she offers lightly, and is almost on her way before curiosity (as always) takes a hold. “That’s lovely.”
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Age: 38 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
It's gonna take a little time // But with you by my side
This is only his second interaction with the Wraith, the first having been all business, leaving little room for chatter. He's surprised by the softness of her voice. How easily she offers the compliment. His brows lift along with his gaze, but a smile finds its way to his lips, shoulders lifting in a slight shrug. "Thank you... My jewelry making ability is no where near as good as my others, but I like to think it somewhat passable." The Ascended chuckles, fastening one of the wires into place, extending it towards her so she might get a better look.

"Trying to make something that doesn't have a use beyond beauty is new for me." He admits, feeling a rush of shame at the fact that majority of his creations are meant to bring harm or simply function. His works weren't art by any stretch of the imagination.
Alexander de Winters
I won't let go // 'Til I've got what's mine
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
“Ah,” Paired with a knowing grin, Wessex chuckles and makes an apologetic face. “They I shouldn’t tell you I’m easily impressed with things I know nothing about?” Jewelry obviously being one of them. Anyone who takes more than a minute to look at the warrior can tell that other than a beloved necklace that she rarely wears, the finer things are not… her Thing.

That apologetic look turns into something more knowing and accepting as she falls quiet, though not solemn, and nods. “I know the feeling. Haven’t a bit of beauty in me. All weapon now, it seems.” That’s a bit more self-deprecating and vulnerable than she’d like to be, but it’s too late to take it back now. Squatting down instead of hovering over him, she watches what he’s doing from a little closer, doing her best to stay out of the way.

“For anyone in particular?” For whatever reason, she gets the feeling that the piece isn't for him.
No, I’ll be the stone

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
Old Bertha had been around a long time, a bit like a version of Methuselah – probably been there for hundreds of years without notice. Hardened, ornery, and best described as cranky, she made her way around the vendors and market bent over, shuffling, and bitchy, scowling at anyone and everyone in her path. For a variety of reasons. Loud colors on their shirts. Someone’s general appearance. Existence.

And by swinging her head towards Wessex and Alexander, she sneered. There were a few mutters and growls uttered under her breath, but nothing coherent, tangible, or audible – simply turning, twisting around, not even remotely subtle, once she caught sight of them.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Darkness might make her harder to see but her screams ring out clear as a bell. Through the pitch and the snow strides a mournful and devastatingly horrific creature with her hands outstretched and her face hidden by a dirty white veil.

You’ve encountered a Banshee. This counts as a rare creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. If you choose to follow this creature, you do so at your own risk, however, just having it in this thread is enough to satisfy your levelling requirements. You may not kill your rare creature without admin permission.

Banshees (rare/mythical): They take the form of a skeletal lady wrapped in rags. Some wander the woodlands, singing a haunting melody. Others sit near streams and weep. Either way, disturbing these creatures will cause them to become very aggressive. They can pursue their prey seemingly without need for rest, and will strangle all those that they catch.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
Ol’ Bertha. Probably one of the last people Wessex wanted to see wandering around the market. A lifelong loather of the Theskyra clan. For the life of her, the Wraith couldn’t understand why the old hag still lived in the Grounds, she seemed to hate everyone in it. Maybe she was going to outlive them all through sheer stubbornness and spite. Scowling right back at the hunched figure as soon as she wandered into view, Wessex is momentarily spared from any further interaction by the banshee.

“This lady again? she mutters to Alexander, jerking her chin at the Banshee, who seemed to be headed right for the market. Cool cool cool cool cool.

And is it Bertha the banshee has her sights on? Wessex pockets her pretty pieces and takes a few steps towards her ready to intervene if necessary.
No, I’ll be the stone

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Played by: Offline
Change author:
Spite. Vitriol. Existing simply on pettiness alone seemed to be the aesthetic. Perhaps she lived off of vehemence and hate.

Even towards the banshee – with a distinct roll of her eyes, as if she’d seen it a thousand times before. Maybe she had. The screams hardly seemed to register (and maybe, honestly, she couldn’t even hear them in her advanced, elderly state).

She waved it off, shuffling down towards more vendors, ignoring other passersby with their widened eyes and surprised state, pointing at a few pieces and growling at anyone near. The Wraith needn’t worry about any old hag – banshee or otherwise.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
Whether or not Bertha cares for the Banshee, the Banshee seems to want her. Perhaps it’s lonely, tired of asking for friends in Banshee-language and getting nothing but turned shoulders in return. The old hag is at least recognizeable - almost skeletal, wrapped in raggedy clothes, wandering, occasionally aggressive - it all fits. And so the Banshee comes for her, drifting after the retreating figure.

Gods, Wessex thinks briefly about letting it have her. Frozen, eyes narrowed, her gaze flickers between the ghostly monster and the hateful human. But there are people watching, and the General can’t be seen doing something like that. So she steps in, facing the banshee with her back to most of the market. As she transforms into her Gorgon form, the demigod keeps her eyes on the Banshee until the shift is complete - and then it freezes, turned to stone, the wails suddenly cut off.

Shifting back, Wessex sighs and approaches to teleport it elsewhere - probably to the Greatwood’s door, so that when it turns back, they can deal with it instead.

{Fin}
No, I’ll be the stone