Promises, promises
Aino Jandar
Soldier

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
AINO

It was stupid cold. Teeth-shattering, bone-rattling, frostbite and blackened toes cold, to the point where going outside the protective bubble was simply stupid. Or reckless. Yeah, reckless sounded better. It took the edge off and made the little excursion seem more of a fun prank than a dangerous endeavor, and eased her guilt for dragging Sah along. But Aino had been restless, itching in a way that no spar or romp in the sheets at the Kraai could quite scratch.

Trundling through the deep snow, she reached the spot where the luxere had fallen and reached for the spear. It had been a good throw, if she said so herself, and a pleased grin curled her lips as she yanked it from the chest of the beast.

"Curious that the herd should be so close to the Citadel," she remarked. "Not that I'm complaining, since it means fresh meat - your kids eat a lot. Did you ever notice?" Spoken in a mild tone, the glitter in her pale eyes revealed the jab for the teasing it was. Aino was good at pretending not to care, but even she had been stunned to silence with emotions when Sah's twins appeared out of nowhere.
For the good times that we share,
and the bad times that we'll have
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
yet my blood renders me a King
When Aino had invited him out to hunt, Sah had been skeptical. He'd tried at first to convince her against it, but she was determined. And knowing Aino, if he didn't help her blow off steam somehow, she'd take it out on the poor new recruits at the barracks with a touch training session. So, the Abandoned figured he might as well be merciful and join her.

The Outlander snorted at the jab, "Have you seen how much I eat? It's hereditary." Sah probably sounded far too pleased with that statement but there was no fact or trait that his twins had that he wasn't proud of. Following the herd tracks he added, "Thank you for helping out with them." He affectionately nudged her shoulder with his own, "I don't know what I'd do without you and the others." Truly, his small pack was a gift. The twins, Aino, Cordelia, and Ilma. Sah would never take any of them for granted.
Sah
Aino Jandar
Soldier

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
AINO

Extracting a knife from under her furs, Aino made sure the luxere was properly dead with a quick cut to the main artery. Skinning it out here in the freezing cold would be stupid, so she merely cleaned the blade by dipping it in snow a few times before straightening again, content to let the animal bleed a bit until they began the task of dragging it back home. Not a long trek - lights from the Citadel shimmered on the horizon, and if she turned her nose into the wind she scent traces of wood smoke. Familiar and beloved. Home.

"Neither do I! You should have seen yourself, the way you staggered around." For a moment the woman shook her head, pretending to be stern. But as Sah's shoulder nudged hers, she softened and slung an arm about his shoulders.

"I'm proud of you, little brother," she admitted, with unusual warmth lacing her voice. "You've come a long way, since I first saw you. It is my pleasure to have your back." Squeezing him tightly, they lingered like that, a moment spent in quiet camaraderie that said more than her sharp tongue would ever properly convey.

Then Aino withdrew, and reached down to heft the dead luxere onto her shoulders. "Let's get this home, shall we? We'll have roast tonight - let's surprise mum with a full house." Taking the lead, her long legs carried her easily even through the deeper drifts. A good way to work off steam; it had really been worthwhile, to come out here.
For the good times that we share,
and the bad times that we'll have
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah shook his head, about to retort. But Aino beat him to it as she pulled him close. The warm affection that bubbles up at her words leaves a lump in his throat. He leaned into her, squeezing her back. "Thank you. And back at ya'." Sah turned his head and kissed her temple, "Love you, sister." There were few people that the Outlander trusted to watch his back the way he trusted Aino. Her presence in his life had turned into a source of security that he hadn't expected to find in Caido.

Aino pulled back and Sah reluctantly let her go. But at the mention of dinner, he perked up. "Sounds fantastic." A big family dinner really did sound like the perfect way to end the day. Grabbing his gear, the Outlander turned to follow Aino home.
Sah

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

random event

Deepfrost was a hard time for all, but harder for those who were not clever with their resources. A hoarding species by nature, white dragons were not scavengers perse, but were more than happy to have others do the killing for them when it suited their needs. So, with hungry eyes and a patient mind, the dragon had watched the pair kill the luxere. Had watched them opt out of field dressing it in lieu of taking it home. That suited the creature just fine; perhaps in lugging it across the snow they would attract and ursur and it would find itself with even more of a bounty with which to take home.

Alas, as it waited and watched, circling high and soundlessly in the clouds, it seemed the pair was destined to remain just as they were.

Descending with unfathomable speed, the dragon is on Aino before its form can properly be distinguished from the rest of the snowfall. Its claws slice neatly into her torso, curling around her body and snapping her ribs with such force that it sounds like a tree being felled. Blood pours in rushing streams that steam in the cold air. Ignored because it was Aino who had been carrying the luxere, Sah is left to watch as Aino's body goes from vivacious to empty in a single instant.

The dragon lingers only long enough to pile the luxere on top of Aino's body with a wet thwwamp, so that it could more easily carry the pair away before it is up and airborne.

The air is so cold that the woman's wounds are frozen almost instantly such that there isn't even a trail of blood to follow before the dragon disappears entirely into the white.

Aino has been killed and carried off by a white dragon! Sah can count this as a rare creature encounter for levelling.

White Dragons (Rare/mythical): Living in underground tunnels that are warded with ice and snow, white dragons hoard treasure and anything they deem beautiful. Often this means that one might find gold, gems, and frozen humans stored in their caves. They can speak the basic common tongue and can communicate telepathically with the attuned, though they are secretive, vain, and usually aloof and unhelpful.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Trigger Warning 
In the span of a breath, everything goes horribly wrong. Sah eyes widened, and he rushed forward to help his sister, but the dragon was far too quick. Before he can do anything, she's gone. The sound of her ribs snapping, too fast for her to even scream, will forever haunt him.

All that's left is red snow and silence. Sah's knees buckled and gave out. He gasped for air, adrenalin pumping as his body begins to go into shock. Shaking his head, the Abandoned gritted his teeth as rage and grief overwhelmed him. His breath hitched as his vision clouded with tears.

Growling Sah focused on the rage that burned like acid on his tongue. Anger was good. Very good. Channeling it, he felt his magic jolt beneath his skin with enough force to steal his breath. The mageglass on his neck glowed in response and with a howling scream tearing from his throat, lightning surged.

Crashing from the sky with a roar, strikes of lighting quickly decimated the area surrounding the enraged Abandoned. Hands raised in the general direction of the dragon, Sah sent a torrent of lightning out as a last-ditch effort to seek revenge. But the beast was already out of range.

Suddenly exhausted, Sah fully collapsed to all fours, mind racing. The blast of lighting might even have been visible form the Citadel given how close they were. Fuck. They'd almost been home. Aino had practically died on the doorstep. No. Murdered. She had been murdered. If Sah ever saw a white dragon again, he'd tear it to shred on the off chance it was the culprit. No, tearing it apart would be too quick. He'd have to think of something slower. More agonizing. He wanted the dragon to know fear. Sah had time to think on it. And think he would.

Staggering to his feet, Sah eyed the Citadel numbly before starting the trek home. He had to tell Cordelia and the others.

-{FIN}
Sah