[se] now the days go by so fast
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
walked out this morning and i wrote down this song.
i just can't remember who to send it to
The Treehouse was silent; the sort of silence that tugs at your bowels and has you feeling both watched, while also incredibly alone. Dust had settled in gray drifts atop every surface that the wind hadn’t touched, which only served to amplify the silence.

Standing with his arms folded comfortably across his chest, Remi surveyed the rarely-used treehouse with sharp pale green eyes and lips set into a straight line. Breathing out carefully that his breath might not cause a mini dust storm, the alchemist let his shoulders sag as he set aside whatever thoughts had caused such deep lines to form on his forehead and began to get to work.

Rarely used though the treehouse was, if any should find themselves in need during LongNight, the least Remi could do was ensure the place was safe to wait out a storm, and, if there was time, to stock it with food and supplies.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Change author:
candlewax & polaroids on the hardwood floor
“I always knew Ronin was the neater one, but…geeze.” Flora’s voice is effortless and bright. Glancing at one of the railings where she might otherwise have elegantly draped herself, instead the girl just wrinkles her nose at the dust and avoids touching anything that might sully her outfit.

Raising her eyes that were more aqua rather than sea glass, Flora raises her eyebrows, wondering how long she could last in here before she started sneezing. ”I just came to tell you that I’m moving to Torchline.” Said as nonchalantly as she could (having practiced it over and over in her mind, it did indeed come out very casually), she then shrugged her shoulders. “Okay well, you look busy, so…” So, she was going to go before this turned into a lecture.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The sound of Flora’s voice was as foreign as it was recognizable. Only a month ago she had been a child, and though her voice was not terribly different now, it was underpinned by a confidence and disregard for rules that was reserved for teenagers. Finding his shoulders bunching again, Remi made himself turn slowly towards the sound of her voice, lest he find his fingers suddenly clawed. “I take it you are not asking for my permission then?” Sighing slightly, Remi shifted the broken board he was holding in one of his hands and raised his eyes to give his daughter his full attention.

“Does your mother know?” He wondered, unsure if he was asking to see if this choice had already been vetted, or simply to find out if he was the last to know.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Having already assumed that Remi would ask some variation of this question, Flora gave a rehearsed head toss of indignation. “Your permission?” Huffing and sounding offended, the girl shakes her head. “I don’t need your permission Dad. I’m an adult now. Besides, it isn’t like you didn’t move around a bunch when you were younger.” Her voice had softened by the end, if only because it wasn’t exactly in her nature to stay fired up. Brief flashes of emotions were much more in character than prolonged and blazing fires.

As for her mother? “Yep.” She lied—and easily. “Besides. I don’t want to always live in your shadow. Everyone thinks they know me just because they know you.” Flora pointed out with a shrug. “Besides, one day soon I’ll be able to channel you if I ever need anything. “ In a world without technology, channelling your Demi-God-Dad was better than speed dial. “And Torchline is safer than here, so…there really isn’t anything to worry about.” Flora quickly adds, trying to cut off the argument she was sure Remi was going to try and make.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Flora’s words hit just as she’d likely intended them to, and Remi found himself nodding his head wearily as if he’d been slapped. No, after everything, he probably didn’t have much of a leg to stand on when it came to the comings and goings of his children, not with the sort of parent he’d somehow become. Even so, no part of him could just accept this with the ease Flora seemed to want.

Pressing his teeth together, the alchemist ran a hand through his curls. “I would say experience has more to do with being an adult in this world than age..” He counters, but gently.

"They are going to think that regardless of where you live. And unfortunately I am not sure there is anywhere you could go that my name will not follow you." Apologetically said, Remi lowers his eyes guiltily and regards the beam in his hand. Turning it over, eventually he sets it down and walks across the dusty floor.

"We both know Torchline is not safe." Remi mumbles, reaching out his arms for Flora to slip into if she would. "Is there anything you need from me?" And then, after only a moment, he adds: "Anything you want?"
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Though there's a petulant rebuttal on her tongue, Flora wisely keeps it caged behind her teeth. This isn't emotional maturity, but an innate knowledge that whatever she countered her father's words with, it wouldn't change the fact that he was right. She might look like an adult, but until she had the opportunity to be one, she would still be a child.

"Maybe I'll change my name." She says instead, frowning. They both knew she wouldn't.

What her father says next has the wind dying in her sails. Having expected an argument where she triumphantly stormed away, Remi's near-instant surrender was not one of the scenarios she'd imagined. "Uhm..." Twitching her lips, Flora glances around the Treehouse. "..no, I don't think so..." She replies uncertainly.

"What are you even doing up here?" Flora asks, feeling awkward and unmoored.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi tries not to flinch, but he does just the same. Closing his eyes and inhaling softly, he merely nods in the face of his daughter's threat. Real or feigned, the idea of her wanting to distance herself from him struck a chord, if only because of how badly he'd wanted to do the same from his own father.

Rubbing at the space between his eyes, Remi glances around. "Just prepping the treehouse in case anyone needs to take shelter here during LongNight." He explains, gesturing to a few sacks of food. "I was going to do a few repairs and then make sure that the stock of candles was full."  A question lingered on his tongue—do you want to help...?—but he found that no part of his mouth was willing to let the words slip by.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
But she does...want to help, that is. For all your youthful sass, Flora's fire burned bright but was short-lived, leaving her feeling a touch empty and feeling all the smaller for it. "Here, let me. This should really go over here anyways." So saying the girl busies herself with moving things about as if the only reason she was here was to put Remi's numerous mistakes to right. They would both know this was just for show though, and that really, she just didn't want to leave.

The world was big and was growing oh so dark just now; maybe it was okay to stay with Remi just a little longer.

And so, with a bit of small talk and a lot of mindless moving about of things, the Guardian's Treehouse was eventually prepped for LongNight.

~FIN