{RQ} there will be darkness again
Offerings for Safrin
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

This specific task was one of the easier ones given to them by the goddess. It was no different than what Maeve did on a weekly basis. Only now she was accompanied by two others. Cradling the bouquet of still glowing blooms freshly cut from her garden, Maeve picks her way along the path towards the lighthouse, glancing back at Flora as they walk. "Have you been to this particular shrine before?" The Nightshade asks curiously, wondering if the young girl had actually visited Safrin yet or if she'd chosen another deity to honor.

Knowing that Hadama would be joining them later to leave his own offering, Maeve is sure to pick a side that is close to the water so that he may be able to lay his alongside theirs. Delicately placing the flowers in the vase she brought with her, Maeve takes a moment to light a few candles despite the fact that they don't really need them with the way the moon and stars are shining above them.
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Flora
Chewing nervously at the inside of her cheek, Flora nearly misses Maeve's question for all the loud voices suddenly vying for her attention in the back of her mind. "Mm? Me? Oh!" Blushing and huffing out an exasperated breath, the girl nods hastily. "Yes, once. When I was little. I came here with Ronin." Youthful guilt and unease colours her cheeks as Flora shrugs despite her obvious discomfort.

Flora's offering is an assortment of stones flecked with bits of silver and opal so that they catch the moonlight and sparkle. 'Is...someone else joining us?' She wonders suddenly, only just not noticing the way Maeve's gaze kept roving towards the ocean and then back again.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Her brow arches, head cocking to the side as she glances back at Flora, noting the slight unease painted across her features. At the mention of Ronin, however, Maeve easily puts two and two together. It wasn't a mystery that the Huntsman wasn't a fan of Remi's other children. "This one is rather lovely. It's the first one I went to as well." She says conversationally, growing quiet for a moment as she offers Safrin a silent prayer before making to stand, dusting off her skirts.

"Yes. A mer named Hadama. He's a follower of Safrin, too." Maeve steps aside so that Flora might be able to place her own offering down.
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 9 - Strg: 34 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 40 - Luck: 36 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
The mer in question had struggled with his own offering, and finished it later than he'd anticipated. The dark waters were no barrier, but the rocks closer to shore were another matter even under the brilliant moon and stars and the deepsmith had to traverse the cross currents carefully to avoid being flung into them until he reached the calmer waters closer to shore beneath the light house.

He breached the surface, shifting his human half as he did, and nodded to Maeve and the stranger. Steely hair gleamed wetly in the starlight, as did the gold tattoos that traced the scars across his dark skin and scales. "Apologies," he rumbled succinctly. Swimming as close as he could he pulled his own offering from the pouch attached to his harness: a bracelet of seaweed and pearl, set with small diamonds and emeralds that glinted from beneath the wet leaves. The seaweed was cunningly wrought and looked almost alive at first, but in truth was verdigrised copper.

He placed the item high on a stone that rose out of the water near the women's other offerings, and bowed his head in silent prayer.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Flora
Placing down the flecked stones and wondering as she had the last time she was here whether or not her offering would be enough for Safrin, Flora swallows and nods. "A mer?" The girl repeats as her eyes widen before immediately rushing back out towards the dark sea.

Gaping openly to see the form rising from the waves, Flora's aqua eyes stare unabashedly at the relative strangeness of him. "Sorry." She mumbles in the wake of Hadama's own apology, realizing she was being rude by staring but unable to peel her eyes away. "—sorry—" Flora repeats, clearly flustered. "I've just...I've never seen a mer before." She adds. Her gawking gaze was rude yes, but not entirely disrespectful. Instead she looked at Hadama as one might look at a rare painting or perhaps upon seeing one like Frey for the first time.

"Uhm." Looking at Maeve and silently pleading for help (maybe a star could fall from the sky and crush her that she might not have to suffer her own awkwardness any longer), Flora winced before hazarding a bashful smile in Hadama's direction. "Hi."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It was adorable how many things were still so new to Flora. Maeve was almost jealous of the childlike wonder that she still possessed. Despite the fact that the girl was clearly older in looks, it was apparent that she was still just as much as a child as Edmund or Paige. It was part of why she'd taken it upon herself to guide her. As much of a favor to Hotaru and Remi as it was her own motherly instinct. She smiles fondly as Flora stumbles through her apology, easily smoothing any ruffled feathers with a proper introduction, "Hadama, so glad you could make it. This is Flora. Forgive her, she's new to Torchline and still getting used to things."

The queen shoots a playful look the girl's way, winking as she reaches up to brush back a curl from Flora's face, "Flora, this is Hadama. He's a friend of mine." She places that hand on the small of her back, motioning her forward slightly to give him a proper greeting.
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Hadama gave the young human women a solemn nod in greeting when he finished his prayer, and swam as close to the shore as the tide allowed. ”I do not mind,” he said politely to Flora’s apologies. If anything, there was a gleam of gentle amusement in emerald eyes as he glanced to Maeve with a hint of a smile softening his stoic features. ”I would not miss it,” he assured the Queen.

”I am pleased to meet you, Flora.” He reached as far out of the water as he could, extended a webbed hand in the traditional dryland greeting. ”Where are you from?” Always a curious question, with so much of the inland regions only known through traveler’s tales.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Flora
"Oh!" Yeilding easily to the pressure of Maeve's hand against her back, Flora shuffles forward, mindful of the jagged stones beneath her feet. In the weeks and months to come the girl would learn to walk with easy on Torchline's various surfaces, but just now she's used to moss and mulch that soak up her movements such that moves not unlike a newborn fawn on the shoreline. "Hello." She says again, kneeling slightly to reach out for Hadama's hand. Her expectation is that it will be slimy and cold, and though she's not entirely wrong about it, his grip doesn't feel quite so foreign as she had originally anticipated.

"I'm from the Greatwood." Flora answers, holding onto the mermanta's hand just a second or two longer than she probably ought to have if only because of how wonderfully interesting he looked. "We don't have anything like you there. Err—" Flushing, she lets go of his fingers and straightens. "Not that you're a...I mean, not that you aren't, like, your own person. Well, not a person, but.." Trailing off, Flora flashes a pleading look at Maeve over her shoulder.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve has to bite back her laugh, grinning as she stands, arms crossed lightly across her chest and head tilted to the side. Mirth shines in her eyes as she watches the exchange between the two. Thankfully Hadama has always been incredibly patient and doesn't fault Flora for her misstep. The Queen lets Flora flounder for a moment, deciding that this was a good learning opprotunity for the girl.

Finally, she steps in, placing a hand lightly on Flora's shoulder. "You know as well as I do, Dama, that the Greatwood doesn't get many Mer." She drawls, brushing a strand of hair away from the girl's shoulder before squeezing it lightly. "Many don't travel outside of these waters, but that's just one thing that makes Torchline so unique."
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Flora's approach over uncomfortable terrain was appreciated, and when he took her hand Hadama's wet grip was firm but gentle. He had made few enough handshakes that he didn't seem to notice when Flora held on for longer than was customary; or at least, not to think that there was anything unusual about it.

A steely head tilted in curiosity at hearing that she was from the Greatwood, but before he had considered what to say to it she had continued and the mermanta was hard-put to hold onto his courteous stoicism. Emerald eyes sparkled and he was very glad the dark waters hid the lash of his tail beneath the surf as he held back his laughter.

Though he continued to regard Flora with outward calm, he did flick a glance to Maeve, subtly entreating her to help the nervous young woman out and he bowed his head in gratitude when she did. "I understand," he assured Flora solemnly. "I have heard there is a large river there. Perhaps I will be able to visit it someday." And then mer might seem less strange to the Greatwood's inhabitants.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve grins down at Dama, having met him enough times to know when he was simply being polite to avoid embarrassing those he was talking to. "If you can make it there I would suggest it. That river is said to be inhabited by fish made of gold. You'll have to tell us if that's true or not." The Nightshade says with a wink before hooking her arm with Flora's. "Thank you again for coming and I do believe our job here is done. Come next season we'll hopefully be ready to see Safrin to finish this."

With sure steps and a gentle tug, Maeve guides Flora back up the rocks and towards the way that they came, giving Dama a final wave goodbye over her shoulder.

~FIN <3~
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade