running up that hill
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood

Sunjata knows absolutely nothing of what’s happened between Neron and whatever other attack – too engrossed in the task he’s been given by Frey and figuring out a life in the Grounds for the time being. He can’t comment on it without knowing what had occurred or what had supposedly occurred. Yet, he’s taken by surprise at the mention of Darkeye not liking Maeve, the idea of it sparking a soft laugh to break the tension. “Ah.” He hums unhelpfully, lips twisting into a small amused smile. “Her and I have spent some time together.” Maeve had been in love with him at a point in their history, but that’s neither here nor there.

He does believe Darkeye’s right in the fact he’d have faced the same fate as Nate. Only, the Flood wasn’t immortal like the Lone Ranger was. He’d have fully been gone at that point.

I was hoping to get your help in creating part of it. It’s going to take time but I need to get a group together to start preparing the land for living there without any magic or anything.” He says with a soft huff, all the air slipping out of his sails from the frustration, the conversation shifting easily.

As for Maea, he takes a long slow inhale, exhales it out through his nose as he draws up his posture a bit. “I will seek her out, then, when we’re done here. I was hoping to ask her to help with the safe haven as well anyway…” His steel gaze flickers over Darkeye’s face, wondering if that would be a peace treaty between them on the subject of the Ascended woman.
did you get out all of that angry passion?
is it still formin'? Has it started to torture you?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
At that comment, he could only grin and sighed lightly. "I've heard a lot about her, and that she's very much too Safrin to do anything, but when I see her she always tries to take charge whether it's appropriate or not, and that's inappropriate in my eyes, I'm not going to tell a shoemaker how to do his craft either." He just shook his head no she was one of the people he didn't want around.

Darkeye nodded at this statement for now. "I will help you as much as I can but my place is on the battlefield. As soon as the village can no longer be left, I will have to leave. Until then, you will have all the time I can spare. Which, to be honest, is not much... But it serves a higher cause. Tell me when and where to be and what you need. I have set up a forge here. At the edge of the village." Darkeye wrote it all down again and smiled. More from his list of things to do.

A curt nod was all that was seen in this statement. He had said it all and he didn't like to repeat himself.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood

It’s much easier to talk about people that Sunjata wasn’t deeply involved with any longer. It was easier still to talk about issues that didn’t have himself as a root cause. And so he finds a small snort leaving him, relaxation smoothing the tension in his shoulders as he nods, a brief flash of a crooked smile crossing his face. “I understand that.” He does much the same. He knows of a few things yet he wouldn’t go out of his way to tell an expert how to do their job.

As for talk of the battlefield and safe havens and refugees, Sunjata’s smile falters slightly when the tone drifts more serious. “Of course.” He agrees swiftly. “Just helping out doesn’t sign you up to partake.” He adds in case it’s needed, a little bit of comfort for Darkeye in case he was worried about getting sucked away into it for helping. “I appreciate it, Darkeye. I will let you know.” Hopefully it would be soon, but it’s hard to say given that it’s winter and the ground is frozen and he still has a variety of people to meet to see if they wish to help.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye raised an eyebrow. "The war is supposed to come after winter, but you don't have much time. You have to start soon, Sunjata, or the idea of a haven is just smoke and mirrors. I still have this winter, to begin with, the construction work. That's why I try to finish as much as possible now to put my focus on the village. You have to think about how to feed the people, otherwise, you will be safe on the outside but starving on the inside. I don't know what your deal is with Frey or Voice but that's a lot of things I would try to do myself. I have told you my concerns. But I'm happy to do it again. You need water and food not only grain or fish you also need meat. You need knowledge of farming and a plan to survive even in winter. You need people who can practice certain professions craftsmen as well as doctors are important but also teachers. Because you can't say how long the war will last, you have to be independent. These are only the most important points on my list. But I'm glad that someone else thinks like me." With a broad smile and a friendly nod toward Sunjata, Darkeye tries to make it clear to him that he does not want to teach him, but to help him.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood

Frey seems to imagine we have more time than Flowerbirth.” Sunjata offers quietly. But if he can get all the affairs of building the space in order, then post LongNight when the ground is less frozen, it can be the first task to work through. It’s what he intends on doing, at the very least. And if he runs out of time, well, at least he’ll have tried – trying to manage everything the best he can given the environment he’s working within.

That and he and Nate had built their own little garden in King’s End and trying to dig through the frozen solid ground had been a herculean task. Any way to try and save some effort would be beneficial in his eyes. “I have meetings I have to host soon and aside from that once the building is done it should all be in order.” It would take time, yes, but Sunjata was sure that they could at least try and get a massive chunk done. It’s why he’s been traveling so much up until now.

I agree that getting different professions is a good idea. Nate came from a place without magic too, he intends to help write some instructions on how to care for wounds and problems without magical healing which should be a boon.” Even if they had healers there, perhaps some of them weren’t used to not relying on their magic. It would be an effort in practicing and having professions for all of them.

As for thinking like him, Sunjata flashes Darkeye a brighter smile, one that twists the scar on his face. “It’s helpful, truly, to have a few people that understand and can offer the help. Thank you.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye just nodded. He didn't want to cause another discussion if there was one thing they were guaranteed not to have, it was time. There was no certainty when the war would come, only that it would. That's why Darkeye would prefer to have an existing foundation to work from. But that would have to wait until he had finished his work like the forge or the construction of Strombreak.

He nodded again and smiled and nodded only at the work he also had to resume now. It remains to be seen if his work will pay off now or if Sunjata's project had more priority.

"It also keeps people busy inactivity brings unrest and even chaos give people a task and the opportunity to participate and they will be the more likely to help. There aren't many people who want to sit around and not do something. People need occupation, a purpose if you will," Darkeye said as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

He pulled out a crudely drawn map of Kings End from the back page of his book where he had marked a place where he wanted to establish his village. "This is about where I was going to start my village, I would give you the same advice, it has good soil and building material is not far away. If you have planned it somewhere else, tell me where and I'll make a picture of the situation on the spot."He said with a thoughtful tone.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood

Yes, exactly.” Sunjata murmurs his agreement, his posture relaxing now that the truly difficult part of the conversation was over. His shoulders relax and he withdraws his hands from messing with the cup, drawing them down into his lap as he leans forward to peer at the illustration Darkeye pulls out, his steel gaze scanning over the idea. “I was imagining it would be just close enough to the river to allow for help in keeping a steady water supply around. And hopefully, backed up against the barrows it would allow some fresh water from the snows melting to also be an extra source.” But all in all, a similar space as to where he’d been imagining.

His fingertips fiddle with the sleeve of his coat as he thinks about it a bit more. “We’ll need material from trees, likely having to haul them in from outside of the area to get it started so we’ll have those inside it to use. Then create a rotating area for resources to keep from overusing the grounds nutrients.” It’s all calculated things he’d learned when in Korofi – when he’d spent years working to try and change the way his father had done things, to give everyone an ample chance to a life worth living rather than the thick line drawn in the sand between poverty and riches.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye nodded at first hearing this and noticed Sunjata relax. "Well, I think that might work, but the question is whether we should even build a dam and create a fish hatchery. Maybe even a small mill that can help grind the grain. If we can get enough current." He said and started to make some rough drawings. "The wood should be no problem. In theory, there is enough in other areas. With Frey's support, there should be a few problems. Cut down as many trees as possible, they talk, and then you have to transport them over or you help me in the forge and we build some wagons where we transport it. Right now the Grounds has enough wood, we should take advantage of it," he said with a smile.

He pulled out a few samples. "These are plants we used to grow together a lot. Squash beans and Corn. They harmonize perfectly with each other and don't put too much strain on the soil. If you then have the spider flower or another plant that attracts bees or even breeds bees there you automatically have a good ecosystem such fields we have grown over 30 years, again and again, and you also do not need fertilizer. But you have a plan. I'm going to forge some axes unless there's something else to discuss," he said, hoping for an answer,
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood

Hm.” Sunjata debates whether the mill would work, what all would go into it – his head cocking to the side as he regards Darkeye yet doesn’t, his attention drawn to the imaginative space within his mind, trying to plan and work it based off of Darkeye’s drawings. “I suppose it would depend on whether the safe haven’s boundaries would affect anything coming into it from the outside.” If the border went over the water, would it effect the currents of the river that drift through it?

Of course, he wouldn’t know without speaking to Frey about the intricacies. “I do agree about taking advantage of the trees here, though.” To haul it from outside of the borders of the safe haven so that the inside could be carefully crafted to help sustain them for however long the war rampages on.

Leaning forward now, a plume of a cloud from his breath leaves the Flood as he peers at the samples brought. “All very good ideas, Darkeye.” He rumbles, flashing another smile up at the man before settling back in his chair, running a hand through his shorter crop of hair. “Let’s plan on that and perhaps a corner we can rotate for wheat.” And of course, the spaces for the herbs required for healing and medicines. "I'll work on putting some things together as well. I'm staying in my bar, the VlamVloed, if you need me as well."

And with that, Sunjata gathers his things, flashes Darkeye an easy parting smile, and departs back into the chill of winter toward his current home.

- FIN <333