by invitation only
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It shouldn't have taken so long to plan a dinner party. What more was there to do aside from make dinner and eat it together? Turns out a lot when all of those attending are leaders of a different land. They'd been busy hunting for relics, catching stars, and fighting krakens. There hadn't been much time for relaxing. But by gods they had said before Longnight and they were going to have it before Longnight.

The invitation was sent, the date set, and the menu prepared. Remi would bring gin and winning sense of humor, Maeve would provide the locale and food, Ronin would bring his good looks and appetite. It would be a night to remember.

The Nightshade steps back from the small table she set, hands braced on her hips as she looks it all over, and finally allowing herself to breathe now that it was all set up. She knew the two men who were joining her and she knew that they weren't likely to be picky about what was set before them. Still, Maeve was not about to be a poor hostess and serve food not worth eating. Striking a match, the Queen lights the candles on the table and then the hearth, waiting for her guests to arrive.
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
we shall heal our wounds, collect our dead
"I am just saying that it's possible," Ronin is insisting to Remi as they arrive at the Nightshade's front door. What might be possible is better left unspoken (it involves a lot of acrobatics, both of their projections, and whipped cream), and so as he reaches out to knock at the door, he drops that thread of conversation in lieu of a devilish grin at his husband.

As ordered, the Huntsman has brought his good looks and his appetite, and although it feels strange to be wearing comparatively little in the middle of Deepfrost, the Torchline look has always been fitting on both men. "Is it the blushberry gin?" he asks Remi in an attempt to steer conversation away from the lewd (good luck), sneaking out an arm to slip it around his husband's waist.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
for 1000 nights i've been a restless soul
"Okay, I concede that it is possible." Remi whispers back. Regardless of whether or not it isn't, his mind is already orchestrating the opening act and prepping his body for certain feats when Ronin knocks on the door. Grumbling, Remi clears his throat and shoves one hand into his pocket while shifting his hips to make the necessary adjustments before stepping inside. If we did it in a dream, we would not even have to worry about the mess. He hums slyly and silently, before nodding a disinterested yes regarding the bottle in his other hand.

Wearing a chambray shirt the colour of dusty denim that was only mostly buttoned-up, Remi's careless style was entirely accidental (except it wasn't, as Ronin had strategically hidden all of his uglier clothes that morning such that this outfit was all there was). "Dinner parties make me think of sex." Remi whispers as he leans against Ronin.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

The knock on the door pulls Maeve's attention and just as Remi begins to whisper it swings open, jade eyes locking on the pair as a smirk curls on her lips, just managing to catch what it was Remi said. "Then you're in good company." The Nightshade purrs, tossing him a wink as a laugh bubbles up from her chest, stepping forward to give them both a kiss on the cheek in greeting. "Come in you two." Motioning for both of them to step inside, the Queen shifts to shut the door behind them, securely locking it too. While there would likely be no one stupid enough to interrupt, she wasn't taking any chances.

Smoothing her hands over the front of her dress, something that's been tucked away in her closest since she hasn't much use for these particular types of garments given her change in occupation. The sheer garment clings to her curves, skirt cut into two high slits that split was she glides across the room, the faint shimmer sown into the fabric catching the firelight. "I hope the trip was an easy one?"
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Remi," Ronin starts to playfully scold the other man, though his crooked grin makes it impossible to take seriously. Even less so when Maeve opens the door at precisely the wrong moment, and the Huntsman's cheeks flush pink even as she steps forward to greet them. If Leafchange brings out the swagger in his Attuned shifts, Deepfrost brings the sweetness, and so, uncharacteristically tongue tied, he nods politely and steps inside at her invitation.

"You are looking beautiful as always, Maeve," he murmurs once he's found his voice again, smiling and raising his eyebrows as they are introduced to the very impressive table spread. Ronin has to take a second to remember what she's asked, in fact, glancing back between them and nodding. "With compasses, it's easier than it's ever been," he admits.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
'RoNiN' The alchemist replies, before Maeve's presence tugs Remi's focus away from the starshine in his husband's deep blue eyes. Feeling the pulse of the Nightshade's emotions as her lips touch his cheek, it's with a boyishly confused blink that Remi realizes that none of their thoughts are strictly above board. Though it isn't surprising given the company, he can't help but imagine Maeve at a dinner party with Finn, Tobi, and Ronin (as that's where his mind had been), and the thought of the former-madame with the former-whore has Remi's stomach somersaulting.

"Mmmm." The Lullaby agrees of using compasses, his predatory stare entranced by the way the light played off of Maeve's dress. "Have you ever tried blushberries?" He wonders, holding out the bottle of golden liquid and giving it a slight shake. "I would..be careful who you drink this with." It's Remi's turn to blush, then, as he hazards a coy glance in Ronin's direction. Even without the golden berries' influence on his system the alchemist feels a bashful rush at the memory of how impossibly twitterpated the fruit had made him around his husband the first time they'd eaten them. (And every time thereafter).
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Her smirk is all knowing and still somehow manages to be sugar sweet as she looks the two demigods over, "Thank you, Ronin. Just as charming as always." The Nightshade drawls, taking the bottle from Remi with ease, unaware of what exactly he's picturing. Nor realizing that she had met Finn before. Only, not as Finn. Shaking her head at his question, her brows raise curiously, removing the top of it to give the gin in question a sniff.

The initial hit of alcohol tickles her nose, but she quickly notes the aromatics of the berries, humming as an ever so faint heat rises in the apples of her own cheeks. "Oh? Are the effects that strong?" Recorking the bottle, she places it carefully on the table with the rest of the food. "Do either of you have a preference for drinks? I have wine, mead, whiskey..." And the gin, but that might be best saved for later.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Remarkably so," Ronin says of the blushberry effects, smirking back at Remi and drawing out his husband's chair with a flourish so that he might let him sit down first. "And they aren't any less potent for being incorporated into alcohol, I assure you." Blushberry gin might, in fact, be one of Remi's greatest alcoholic creations, if you ask Ronin. As for a preference for drinks, he happens to agree that the gin is probably not the best opener if they're expected to have a dinner party.

"A whiskey, if you wouldn't mind. I always find Torchline whiskey reminds me of Longheat and the beach." Because that's what he'd mostly been drinking at that point, honestly. "How have things been with you?" he asks as a follow up, having missed that part of etiquette in lieu of commenting about sex and booze.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi offers some inarticulate sound that's halfway between a groan and a laugh to indicate his agreement. The blushberries were so strong in fact that he'd cum in his pants that day, rather than just shoving Ronin against a tree as was his (their) normal style; hence the strangled sound coming from the back of his throat. "I will have what he's having." The alchemist requests, grinning sunnily at Ronin as he sits down.

Ahhhh right. Dinner-party etiquette. Remi knew there was a reason he'd brought Ronin along. Turning his gaze politely towards Maeve (his pupils dilating every now and then as the light caught her dress and riled his predatory senses), the alchemist listens and absolutely doesn't send a flurry of lewd thoughts in Ronin's direction, fueled by memories of whiskey and Torchline sun.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"Then I'll be sure to save it for a special occasion." The Nightshade hums, examining the bottle once more before setting it to the side in favor of taking up the whiskey. "I imagine, if anything, it would only exacerbate the effects, no?" Tossing Remi a glance over her shoulder, brow arched in curiosity as she regards the maker of the concoction in question.

Grabbing three tumblers, Maeve pops the cork on the fresh bottle, pouring them all at least three fingers. "A bottle of this and a bonfire does wonders." She hums in agreement. Passing them both their respective glasses, Maeve takes a seat across from the two. "Busy. Very busy. Harper has been staying with me and I've been helping with his son, Jude. Add in the quests from Safrin? Not much free time." The queen laughs, shaking her head as she brings the cup up to her lips, sipping slowly. "Melita and I didn't have luck locating the relic, either. That's still on the list of things to do."

Pausing, the Nightshade meets both of their gazes, "How are things in Stormbreak and the Greatwood?" The evening proceeds much of the same way. There is drinking, plenty of food, and stories exchanged. Soon evening melts into morning and by the end of it, the war is far from their minds and all they have for the night is good memories to replace what’s coming.

~FIN~