[RQ] mixology
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN

Ronin has been lax in his duties to Stormbreak, and he knows it, but when things like a giant Daddy Kraken come up, you don't really get to say no to them. Or rather, he could have declined, but then his husband might be dead, or the Ascended might have gotten hold of the relic that now sits in Deimos's possession. All that is to say that the Huntsman is starting to hustle.

There's a blacksmith's station within the Dragon's Nest, which is lucky because the one in the Tower is... well. It isn't anymore, put frankly. This one isn't nearly as large or comprehensive, but it will do the job. Ronin has stoked the fire and is beginning the process of melting down the silver ore collected by Remi and their son. Three vials stand by ready to mix into the molten metal - hopefully it won't be too difficult a procedure.
soft spoken with a broken jaw
we step outside, but not to brawl
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
where'er the goddess turns her melancholy gaze, Man his loathsomeness displays
The forge in the Nest is more familiar to Anju than the one that had once stood in the Tower. Far from surprising given Anju practically lives in the Nest, and always has. Riya is in the high roosting beams napping in that moment, so Anju arrives alone - and has a moment of consternation when she realizes she is not going to remain that way.

The frown at her lips fades when she recognizes the back of Ronin’s head. The cowlick is easy to spot - Anju has stared at it while zoning out during trainings and meetings enough times to identify the man by that spot of his cranium alone.

Venturing closer, shamelessly investigating his project with tired eyes, Anju lets her steps announce her presence rather than her voice. “Weapon requests are usually done by the forgemaster. Is this something different?” Or had they simply lost enough people to force their new ruler into such menial tasks?
ANJU
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN

Her steps, luckily, are enough to announce her presence, else Ronin might be at risk of spilling molten silver over the backs of his hands. He glances to the side as she appears in his peripheral vision, offering a small smile of greeting and continuing to heat the ore until it becomes shiny and malleable. "It's something different," he confirms with a small nod towards the vials of fluid.

"I'm working on something with Safrin, to help us prevent Ascended from entering Stormbreak again," he explains. "I won't be too long, if you need to use anything." He assumes that's why she's here, in any case. "Though if I could ask a favour, would you mind uncorking those vials, please? I forgot to when I started, and now my hands are a bit full."
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Intrigued by the fact it’s different, Anju steps closer until she’s at his side, sharp eyes glancing over vials and instruments. They narrow, darkness overtaking her face at the reminder of the devastation the Ascended had created. “Ludo granted me an individual weapon against their mechanisms, but this will be much more effective. Thank you.” The list of reasons she is grateful for him go unsaid, but not unfelt.

Nodding sharply, a soldier to her commander, deft hands pluck the vials and begin to uncork them in rapid succession. “Tell me which to do first and I can pour them,” she offers, voice in undertone with the weight of her concentration.
ANJU
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN

"Anything to prevent another situation like that happening," Ronin says with a soft smile. He doesn't say you're welcome because he feels like this sort of thing is his responsibility, especially given that he was present for what happened at the Tower. And then became leader of Stormbreak, and all that. "I'm glad to hear that Ludo gave you something to help, though. I never thought we would find ourselves here - not feeling safe in the place we live."

Nodding gratefully both as she uncorks the vials and also offers to pour them, Ronin indicates the one nearest her left hand. "I'm not sure it matters too much, but that is from an Ascended. Lena found it in the Trinity Temple. May as well start there, right?"
Anju Rao
Captain

Change author:
Grief twinges over her face, normally so rigidly held in some mixture of vapidity or sternness. The vigil she'd held for Abraham had never been joined. How many others had been the same out of necessity, because so many others were also burying their dead? The magnitude of what happened still feels too big for her mind, and the ease with which Ronin speaks of it is comforting, like a big brother telling his younger sister he'd take care of it - without ever revealing how. "It seems all the more cruel on their behalf, to have involved the likes of us. You are all godlike - it was the equivalent of Generals killing foot soldiers, and for the sake of what?" And had she been here, at Abe's side, she would have been just as useless. Her skin whitens around the vials.

Nodding sharply, she pours the vial he notes, nose wrinkling slightly outside her tight control. She'd had Riya burn the samples they'd found in the Temple when Gideon had consorted with the dark spirits there. Willing to sacrifice him if it meant destroying the vile substance. Ironic that it's so necessary when creating defenses against them when she'd rather never touch it again. "I never turned my eyes to the inner workings of The Tower. I am a soldier, nothing more. But perhaps I should have, if it might have altered fate." It's pure arrogance to assume she could have changed anything by being involved with the mysterious inner sanctum nobody truly spoke of - especially when she is nothing special herself - but grief and regret loosen her tongue unfairly. Corking the vial so any remaining drops cannot become a risk she has already seen firsthand, Anju waits for the next one to be pointed out, biting that traitorous tongue.
ANJU
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN

A muscle feathers in Ronin's jaw as he adjusts the molten silver to allow it to properly incorporate the vial of fluid, and he nods stiffly. "It was brutal," he agrees. "I attempted to reason with them - I even suggested we meet elsewhere, in the Wilds somewhere, if it would keep the people of Stormbreak out of it. But they wouldn't listen."

Still, he does manage a small smile to hear her speak of being a soldier - nothing more - Ronin indicating for the next vial to pour in. "That one is from a hybrid - an Ascended and an Abandoned both." Which might make it even worse in the eyes of most of those in Stormbreak. "And you are just as important as anyone inside or outside the Tower that day. There's always more to learn for all of us - the fact that you're still alive means you're able to do just that."
Anju Rao
Captain

Change author:
Her mouth thins, tips of canines - blessedly blunt, unlike the cruel individuals they speak of - peeking beyond the paling color of her lips as some hateful grimace contorts further on her face. Her hands are too well-trained to shake, but the warm brown of her skin is pallid around straining knuckles. “Why we wait for a signal from some vague external source to end their reign of terror is beyond me. But I follow where you lead us, Ronin.” In all things large and small. Today, that means pouring the next vial; though Anju eyes it with less disgust, the idea of being both Abandoend and Ascended is still distasteful, and she is grateful to be dumping the contents out.

“Thank you. I respectfully disagree - I am no scholar or strategist, off the immediate field - but I will do my best to honor the dead by continuing their efforts.” Which may mean cracking more books than heads, as she’s used to, but Anju has perseverance in spades.
ANJU
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN

His smile is sad and understanding, and there's unmistakeable gratitude in his stature as he nods to her. "Thank you. I know it doesn't make much sense for a lot of people - but I'm acting on Safrin's behest, too. If she believed now was the right time, rest assured we would be swooping down on the Hollowed Grounds in the next few days. As it stands, though, we are better off fortifying our defences for the time being." And Anju's assistance will bring them one step closer.

The second vial disappears into the silver, leaving one to go, and Ronin nods for her to proceed. "This last one is from Nate Wrenzaok, an Ascended demigod. It will hopefully mean that he and anyone else of his kind can't set foot in Stormbreak."

As for her disagreement, he flashes a smile her way. "Just being here and helping is enough. You don't have to be the smartest or the strongest to make a difference. You've certainly given me a hand today."
Anju Rao
Captain

Change author:
Her eyes shift away from his face, and though her expression doesn't twist, there's an air of embarrassment to the motion. "It is easy to forget you are her chosen when you have been Commander to us more than anything else." The way 'to us' is spoken is clearly meant to mean 'to me.' "But if she and the other heralds believe it is best to wait, then we wait." Wait, and prepare, and pray.

A deep twist curls at the corner of her mouth as he hands her the last vial and explains it anew. "They should not be called Demigods at all, given their patron is no real God," she mutters darkly, not unlike a petulant child as she dumps the vial with a harsh twist of her wrist. Exhaling slowly through her nose, regaining well-taught control, she turns and offers a tiny smile his way - and the empty vial, should he want it back. "I am always glad to help you, sir." And she trusts he will hear the unsaid - that should he need it again, he merely need ask.
ANJU
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN

"Sometimes it is nice to forget," Ronin says with a small smile, an air of secrecy to his tone as if it's not something he'd say in casual conversation. "Being here, doing things like this... it reminds me that I am still human, as well as whatever else I am to Safrin." And so he waits for her to dump the last vial into the mixture, completely understanding the disgust that goes along with it, and accepts the vial back.

"I never considered it like that before, but you are right. Perhaps I'll float a new name for them," he agrees with a lopsided smirk, nodding once again to Anju as she speaks. "Please, call me Ronin. And I hope you know the offer is reciprocated - just let me know if you need anything." For now, though, the molten silver is combined with the Ascended fluid, and Stormbreak is one step closer to safety. And Ronin would be lying if he didn't feel relieved about it.

~FIN