[se] and the birds still sing
for Darkeye
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
The peace, the beauty, the air of adventure rather than chaotic masses or falling cities, gave the Caretaker some repose as she stared out over the mass of movement. Instinct told her to immediately wander towards the luxere, but with treats promised and laden for later, she gave them a firm nod, before meandering, wandering, towards a section of the markets.

Accustomed to Stormbreak’s scene, these trinkets, baubles, and ornamental designs bent and lent a different delineation in design – so much so that she found herself greatly occupied by whatever she’d find next. Perhaps she could take some home after some haggling, pondering over the objects she had for trade in her basket, and they could be included amongst and amidst the Celestine.

Finding favor with a beautifully carved cloud wyrm, she peeked closer at it, along the intricate webs and weaves of ivory, of puffs of air sculpted neatly into whimsical flairs and details. So much so, that she scarcely noticed others passing by.
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
Warm clothes for the winter and other things were it why Darkeye had found himself also the market maybe also still a hot cocoa drink. This drink had done it to him very much.

He admired all the craftsmanship of the people here and knew that he could bring his tiger parts and the Landshark here well to the man. Maybe he would also find rarities here and there. But first, he had to get an overview of what there was all good.

It did not take long until he saw a beautiful carving and when he was about to get it. But when he saw Lena as she looked curiously at the carving, he had lost interest in it. He waved to the guard and hoped that she would join him.
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
that perches in the soul
Perhaps it could decorate her new apartment. Give a little highlight and life in the otherwise blank space, since moving, since trying to salvage whatever remained. She didn’t give it any thought thereafter, snagging at a few odds and ends to trade out of her basket. Thereafter, she had herself a new carving, and content, she placed it within her wares – only then noticing someone else nearby.

With a wave in response, she snorted a little inwardly, ashamed she hadn’t realized he was there earlier. She turned to join him a moment later, the warm smile returning to her features. “Hello Darkeye. I hope you’re faring well?” Maybe he’d advanced on his schemes and areas of neutrality.
and never stops at all
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye had to smile a bit, he liked that the guard smiled again and looked friendlier than the last time they met. She had already processed some of what had happened. He had thought about whether he should trade it for her. But that was already taking too long and she bought it for herself.

With a broad grin supported by a nod, he greeted Lena. "Kor greets you Lena I am very glad to see you. I think I got along well. Thanks for asking, I took your advice and visited a few places. I will buy some things here and then return to Stormbreak to fulfill my promise to Ronin. Do you mind if I accompany you for a while? I need to buy a few things and i think i could need your advise again"
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
that perches in the soul
Her head tilted at the insinuations of scouting out a few places, grin rounding out into a genuine smile. “Oh? And what did you think?” Unaware of anyone else heralding the notions of a neutral area, she figured there wasn’t any competition for the semblances – merely a multitude of work ahead for those who craved it. “And I don’t mind. What advice did you need?”

The Caretaker’s strides were even and bright, light and airy, ethereal and content, striving to take the rest of the world in without all the other darker folds twisting and turning on her thoughts. Her eyes, on more than one occasion, perused and browsed the stalls for some other notions, odds and ends, but attention meandered back to the cleric eventually, pondering the possibilities.
and never stops at all
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
He smiled at her. "I chose a place or someone beat me to it. Sunjata had the same idea. I was planning to start a village in Kings end to be exact in the Barrows. But two villages cannot be founded for the same purpose in one place. That's why I have to replan and go to the Feverlands I found it very nice there too houses on stilts can also be a nice place to live and it's easy to defend. I wanted to buy and exchange some tools and useful materials and since you know this world, maybe you can help me find the right one for me. I need a good warm coat as well as some tools and your kindness can help me. But I think without you I'll be taken for a ride." He said with a smile. He hoped she had something to say about all this.
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
that perches in the soul
Her mind was abuzz with the considerations, only slightly frowning for Darkeye, for she’d been aware of all his work and efforts. To hear that another had circumvented the notions was unfortunate, but… “Can you two not work together?” She’d barely heard of Sunjata – save for exploits and betrayals of Safrin – but that was likely due to her work, and chosen place of residence. “If you’re aiming for the same goal?”

The Caretaker waited for any form of rebuttal or revelation towards her inquiries, before hastening down another row – this one of clothing. Given the nature of the season, even if the cleric and demigod collaborated, he’d still need proper equipment and apparel. Coming towards a kiosk outlined with a variety of mittens, hats, gloves, scarves, and jackets, Lena figured they could stop there for a moment. “How about these?” Pointing to a nice selection of patterned materials – some plain, some adorned in creatures.
and never stops at all
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
He was not very happy that this situation existed. Nevertheless, he had to learn to cope with it. "I will support him in his endeavor, but I will not be 100% committed to it, because I think he is wrong on some points and I cannot support them. We had a conversation about this recently. I will have to reset my project somewhere else. I don't know how well I can implement it yet. But he got the support of Frey and Voice." He said honestly.

Dakreye looked at her kindly, hoping she could give him some advice on how to better handle the situation. But at the same time, he was happy to have some distractions. He flew to her and his thoughts were scrambling around all the plans he had. As she pointed at the fabrics, he looked for a manticore or panther in blood-red or black hues. "If you see a panther or manticore with red and black in combination I would be grateful." He said while looking around.
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
that perches in the soul
“Oh, that’s too bad.” A setback was a setback, after all, and her brows furrowed slightly at the implication, before thoughts churned elsewhere – always appealing, looking, towards brighter, better things. “But maybe having options for people would be beneficial? They can decide where they want to go, instead of just a singular place.” She hummed a little, hoping that suited everyone. “Did you decide where in the Feverlands?” The swamps themselves could have a massive impact.

As for preferences on patterns, she laughed and smiled. “Sure.” She kept her eyes peeled as her hands went through the row and racks of fabrics and choices, before pinpointing on one that resembled something like a panther, perhaps more sea-inclined. “What about this?”
and never stops at all
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye nodded, thinking it was a major setback, but he didn't want to put any stones in Sunjata's path. "Maybe it's good that you have a choice, we'll see," he said, playing with his beard again as he thought. "I'll have to start soon, I'll have to build houses on stilts and make paths to light everything up, it'll be a lot of work. I think I will do it directly in the Feverlends. Any bigger place there people are afraid of even though I would like the Haning Tree very much." He said with a slightly desperate smile.

He looked around as well which proved a bit more difficult due to his size. He smiled when he saw the different patterns and was glad that his thoughts could go somewhere else. When she lifted the panther gloves, he grinned slightly. "That looks good, I think," he said lightly and walked closer to her to take a closer look at the gloves.
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
that perches in the soul
It sounded like something that would take him the lingering proportions of this season and the next, considering who helped, aided, and assisted. Hopefully he’d be able to find some hands not occupied by the other construction and progress. “I wish you good luck and fortune then,” she smiled, then ducked her head into the choices of fabrics again.

Panther gloves were deemed suitable, and her grin remained, hand hastening to a matching set. “There are some with the same pattern for a coat,” and she pinpointed at them in turn, lifting it from the rack so he could see. A scarf lingered nearby as well; perhaps it’d been a popular option of décor and motifs.
and never stops at all
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
All the plans were prepared whether the people would help even whom he would call. He had a few he could ask, but would they share his idea and support it, or just dismiss it as another job? It didn't matter as long as the wheels were turning. It would not be long before he would find his village. But should he wait for the LongNight or risk it and trust the words of the Voice. He did not trust her and there was not much time left. He realized that he was thinking for a long time and answered a little later. "I can use that and I hope if the pay is right you might come to help me out for a few days." He said with a grin, not sure if he was serious.

Dakreye saw this as a sign of Kor no more hesitation it was time to act. "I'll take them all," he said with a broad grin and pulled out a few Landshark teeth to exchange the whole sett. If it didn't fit, he would alter it and sew it back to his house. "thank you very much for your help is there something I can help you with?" he said with a friendly smile.
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
that perches in the soul
“I’m not sure if I can,” she said with a small smile, but in truth, and in boundaries. “We have much to prepare in Stormbreak, unfortunately,” and there was some amount of wonder – if after everything those small amount of Ascended had done, including the death of her sister, would she be willing to aid or assist them?

Or should she keep to her own world of the Celestine, of the great stone and the wondrous gardens?

Instead of delving into it further, because now wasn’t the time or the place, her fingers tightened over the weaving of her basket as she watched the priest pay for his goods. Content with assisting him, and with the wares she’d already snagged for her new apartment – though it would never be the same as before - she could make do with what she had. “I’m all set, but thank you. I should probably be heading home soon.”
and never stops at all
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye nodded "I will be returning to Stormbreak soon to help bring the clearing and rebuilding forward I want to be done before the LongNight. I'm already working on plans and am in contact with Ronin so we can get this over with quickly." He didn't want the people to forget, but he wanted them to live on and deal with the whole thing.

A broad smile appeared on his lips. "No, I thank you. I don't think I could have done as well on my own." He indicated a bow and followed her a little further. Lena gives him much to think about. Again...
— the smartest do