All That Glitters
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

As Remi's blood rushed into his mouth Sam felt the tension drop from his shoulders, the rush of free joy so great it eliminated his concerns for a moment, the blood delicious and sweet and his heart filled with familiar desire for Remi, to touch and feel and--

He jerked back as Remi quickly wrenched his wrist away, unable to hide the look of hurt and disappointment in his eyes before he could replace it with the mask of appropriate understanding. He had told Remi to stop him if he'd wanted to, after all, but he'd expected a word or a tap, not a rough pulling away. He wiped his lips where blood was staining them and straightened up.

"It's...it's al-alright. I suppose it's...it's a lot, right?" It had been for him too, but he had been ready to delve into all of it, to let it consume him and both of them and start them on the journey again.

He could tell from the quickly fading taste on his tongue that he had taken no where near enough blood to use Remi's powers, though. He held his arm and looked over apologetically. "I...d-didn't get enough. But that...doesn't mean w-we have to do it again. We c..could just walk." He wanted to give Remi an out, a chance to decide not to do this before it got too far.

Samuel
At seventeen, I started to starve myself
I thought that love was a kind of emptiness
And at least I understood then the hunger I felt
And I didn't have to call it loneliness
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

Remi felt a crashing wave of guilt fall over him as he saw the hurt and upset in Sam's eyes. Swallowing, Remi looked up towards the sky holding his breath for a moment and trying to wade through all that he was feeling. "No I am sorry. I just...I..." But of course the words wouldn't come. It wouldn't make sense to tell someone that he'd apparently slept with many times, that the intimacy was too much, that it was so much more than he ever thought he'd be able to experience and that, stupid as it might have sounded, he wanted it to be special. Sam had suggested it himself, that he could just make new memories.

And something about experiencing what he was, out in the open like this with Sam quite literally at an arms length away, felt wrong.

But there was Sam's safety to think about, and that pulled painfully at the pit of his stomach, forcing the alchemist's eyes back down. "I want you to be safe." Remi argued, a bit sadly as his eyes once again struggled to find Sam's.

Яemi
But now it's happily ever never. I guess now I know better
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Remi was clearly wrestling with this inside his head as much as Sam was, and in the moment he saw that Sam wanted badly to pull Remi close and comfort him, to stroke his hair and kiss at his cheeks and tell him it was okay; but that would make it all so much worse. Being so useless, so unable to assist...it ripped at his heart til all that was left was a numb acceptance.

Clearly, Remi still wanted him to bite. So he nodded and tried to think of how to make it easier.

"W..well, we sh-should sit down." He said first and moved to sit, motioning for Remi to move down with him. He hoped maybe that sat down Remi might be less inclined to pull away quite so roughly, that he could feel a little more relaxed. "Now...now that you know what to..what to expect, maybe it won't be so bad th-this time?"

He held out his hand again to take Remi's wrist and lowered his mouth to it but paused and pulled slightly back. "If..if it d-doesn't work this time, I ca..can't put us through it again." With that said, he pushed his teeth back into the wound.

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

For a moment, Remi just watched. As it was, he didn't want Sam to bite him again. Had there been another way of transferring his powers he would happily have done that instead. Even now he selfishly wondered if he couldn't just protect them both and save himself this misery. But he'd suggested this after all, and either Sam couldn't see his hesitation or simply didn't want to. It was dangerous and this was the best plan of action. Probably.

Maybe?

The alchemist sat facing Sam, crossing his legs. He had to sit a good deal closer than he would have liked, but he made himself do it with a small smile. Remi opened his lips to argue—knowing what to expect was precisely the problem—but simply closed them again and nodded. If this man had loved him, had been with him, why didn't he understand what Remi was going through? Had the alchemist really changed so much because of the removal of a few people from his life?

As Sam took his hand again, Remi tried to relax. However the ascended's words were like a knife into the very heart of his insecurities. I can't put us through this again just meant you have to.

The reopening of the wounds only hurt for the ghost of an instant before euphoria rained down once again. Through his torment, Remi tried to focus on what was needed, that this was for their protection and safety. The longer he forced himself to remain, the better he felt. His hand relaxed entirely in Sam's grasp and a low moan escaped from his lips. The only way to endure was to submit to this, and as he did, he felt himself leaning forwards slightly, heat rushing into his cheeks as a familiar and demanding sort of need burned brightly in his belly. Blood hammered in his ears and from behind his closed eyelids bright splatters of colour appeared and dissolved into a crescendo of pleasure.

Яemi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Sam wasn't sure if it was good or not that he felt Remi give in so obviously, the wrist in his mouth relaxing as he drank. But it was hard to be too concerned when Remi seemed willing, the moan almost nostalgic for Sam as he lost himself in the taste and sensation, resisting the urge to pull Remi over him. It would be so easy, he fantasised, just leaning in and putting his arms around Remi's neck, letting themselves just go with what he was sure they both felt-

But that was a fantasy of before, from the time when Remi had loved him (a time he desperately wanted to believe had existed). As it was he drank enough to feel the magic begin to thrum in his veins then let go, gently placing Remi's wrist down.

"...There. Are...are you a-alright? I think...I have enough to f-fly now." He said with a weak smile, shifting how he was sat so the effects of the bite other than the transfer of power would not be obvious. "Just...um..sit for a moment. Be-before we go." Remi really could not have a breakdown here. It was dark and scary and Sam didn't want to be alone.

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi gasped loudly, a sound comprised both of a moan of pleasure and a groan at having it suddenly taken away. His breath rasped loudly in his own ears as his eyes fluttered opened and he immediately withdrew his wrist. Drawing his knees to his chest, Remi touched his forehead gently with his un-bitten hand, his fingers trembling, as he tried to slow his heartbeat. It seemed impossible though, for there was far too much emotion in him now that it felt as though it would never slow. Anxiously he fluttered a hand to his curls, then looked distractedly at the wound on his wrist. Blinking at it stupidly, it occurred to him that Sam had said something.

Glancing at the man seated across for him, lips red from his own blood, the alchemist nodded, his gaze distant and fogged with passion and confusion. In his hand a slip of cloth suddenly appeared, and gently he wound it around his wrist, watching with surprised pale eyes as two roses of blood bloomed through the pale fabric. For a moment he just watched them, expanding outwards as if calling to the dark and warm places inside of himself that still pulsed and raced and cried for more more more.

"I—" Remi began, running his fingers against his chest as if expecting to physically feel his heart beating there. For a moment he looked across to Sam, an imploring sort of expression on his face. He wasn't sure what to feel, or what this meant, or how any of this was supposed to go. Yet he felt as though he was expected to lead.

"I think I am alright." He said, swallowing and taking a breath. Rising, Remi gently extended a hand towards Sam, to help him stand.

Яemi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Remi was clearly affected by the bite but Sam was actually surprised how well he seemed to be taking it, riding the pleasure from the bite until he was alright and then standing, offering him a hand which Sam gladly took. It felt odd to only be touching with their hands after such a rush of lust and need, but Sam was happy for the chance to touch at all.

"...Then. I su-suppose we should go." He said once he was up, holding out his arms and closing his eyes to transform. It felt like a necessary part of it for him now, something he'd done since the first time; he didn't consider that it might look bizarre to Remi who had now never seen it before.

Slowly feathers began to spring from his arms, his fingers becoming long and soft at a rate much more sluggish than Remi's quick transformations. But eventually it had worked and he was a bird, jumping up and gliding from only a few metres up just to make sure he remembered how to do it.

Are you ready? I think I know where to go. He asked Remi, wanting to both change the topic from the bite and go towards the item which was calling him.

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

The offering of his hand felt...momentous to the alchemist in a way that did not seem reciprocated by the bookmaker. That was understandable, of course, given the history between the two (what was a brief touching of their hands after all), and yet something in Remi felt...disappointed. All of this was for Sam's benefit, and yet Remi was somehow made to feel like it was he who was carrying this burden. A burden he wasn't even sure he wanted. But he'd tried. He'd gone to Sam's, he'd sat and talked, he'd left when he was asked to, he'd come now, he'd been bitten and offered his hand...it might not be much, not given their history but ... that was someone else.

Remi watched with a slow smile as Sam began to shift. With the ascended's eyes closed it was easier for Remi to gaze upon him, to watch the feathers that were identical to Remi's own sprout and spread across his arms and body and to watch him dwindle in size. The alchemist's lips pulled out in a smile slightly, before he sighed. Clearly Sam knew what he was doing...because they had done this before..

Swiping wearily at his eyes, Remi nodded as the mental words echoed in his mind. Trotting forward to leap into the air as he normally did, Remi's shift was swift and well-practiced and with a few beats of his wings he was high above the labyrinth. Lead on. Remi called.

Яemi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Remi told him to lead and so Sam, unawares of any way he was being especially inappropriate (except for the vague, constant feeling that he was failing every social interaction he entered), lifted up into the air and flew over the Labyrinth. Remi had been right; he could see now when he looked down how difficult it would have been to navigate on foot, but like this he could simply soar over the maze.

It occurred to him, suddenly, that he'd have to stay a bird the whole time, or he would have to bite Remi again to fly out. The thought set his heart to ice and he didn't mention it to Remi, scared of scaring him away.

I think it's this way. He told Remi, tilting slightly to head to the far corner of the maze, the pulling he'd felt before growing stronger as he came over a certain point. Here the hedges seemed to break, create a small clear circle of land and in the middle...yes! He saw the spark, the glint of light he'd seen his visions of the place.

Down here. He said before descended in a circle the way he had seen Remi do, a slow sinking down that betrayed the excitement in his heart. Finally he reached the ground and could see the buried corner of something that was screaming for him now he was this close, but did not transform from being a bird, not yet. He didn't want to and then find out Remi's plan had been for them to be shifted the whole time, that he'd be mad Sam expected him to be bitten again.

I think that's it. He said, watching to see if Remi would shift.

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

With a telepathic nod, Remi glided easily behind Sam. Even now in the same body with the same capabilities, Remi felt protective and on alert. Sam would likely feel his caution and awareness stretching out between them through the mental link, as Remi's eyes scanned the labyrinth below.

Descending much more rapidly, Remi made a quick sweep of the area wanting to ensure that the boggart was not present. But their wings were nearly-silent, and if they were fast, perhaps they could get out unnoticed. Easily Remi slid back into his own body, colour high in his cheeks from the flight. Noticing that Sam did not shift, Remi tilted his head in a decidedly avian fashion, before comprehension dawned on him . Ahh yes, the shift would require you to drink again. Remi said silently, looking at the hawk which he found all together easy to gaze upon than the man.

Come here— Remi offered, extending his arm so that Sam could perch on it. I always find it terribly awkward to walk on the ground like that. He added with a mental chuckle.

It is...this? that we're here for? Remi asked, moving towards what appeared to be two small cubes of shiny metal.

Яemi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Remi immediately changed back but luckily could still talk to Sam through the link (he was still learning how all of this worked) and seemed to understand the problem, holding out his arm for Sam to perch on. He flew up and landed appreciatively, secretly enjoying the chance to be so close to Remi. He had a vague idea that emotions travelled across the link but had not considered it worked both ways, didn't know Remi would feel his soft affection and delight at being there. Thank you.

He peered at the metal in the ground. He didn't even really need to see it to know it was what his heart strongly desired, so much that it had dragged him from his home, but he was deathly curious. Yes. That's it. Be...careful, when you touch it. It could hurt you. Sam had no idea what the item was, if it was only designed for Ascendeds and could take offence at being touched by a Hybrid.

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi indeed could feel Sam's emotions, and in turn, given how open the alchemist was, the bookmaker would be able to feel his own. His hesitation and uncertainty, the constant searching for whatever it was that had apparently driven him to fall in love with this man that currently he felt as though he had nothing in common with. The frustration at not being able to take things slowly, at having his insecurities and worries once again not recognized.

Remi glanced towards the hawk with a raised brow. Issues of shifting aside, the alchemist felt slightly taken aback at how willingly his avian companion was to let Remi take on the risk of touching the metal, if it really was dangerous.

Alright. He thought softly, kneeling down and stretching out his fingers. Pausing, first Remi reached out with his magic, thinking that perhaps he could tug the metal from the earth relatively easily. Nothing happened. With a frown, he parted the earth so that the object wasn't held down by anything, revealing a perfect cube. Trying again, the cube didn't flinch at all. Ahh...it... Remi thought towards Sam, but of course with him in his mind and on his shoulder, the ascended was seeing precisely the same things that he was.

Reaching out a hand, Remi took a breath, and then tried to grab the cube.

It didn't move.

Яemi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Remi's mild feelings towards him, in addition to the ones that tipped over into negativity, were enough to make Sam thoroughly depressed, but after they'd found out the purpose of the object. As Remi uncovered it he leaned forward, trying to see if it had an obvious use. ...It didn't.

His concerns about Remi were unfounded, it seemed: he wasn't hurt, but he did struggle to get a hold on the item. I'll try it. Sam told him, then jumped down from his arm and tried to push the cube about with his beak. He was weaker than Remi in this form of course, but he hoped that perhaps the technology might pick up on his Ascended nature and move in reaction to it.

Samuel

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

As Sam nudges it with his beak, nothing happens. The cube feels immovable.