and the stars, they always cry
Maeve!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
We're riding 'round this carousel, getting dizzy 'til we're sick
The letter has been received and given that Torchline is basically a hop ship and a jump away from those that don’t care about using portals, he’s there quite quickly. Of course, the difference in temperature from going from the snowy Grounds to the mild winters of Torchline is a relief, he can’t help but to slowly shed the layers he wears as he makes his way toward the Court of Stars. The scarf is tucked away, as is the thick fur outer coat he wore once he’d left the VlamVloed.

And now that he’s in Torchline stepping through the broad doors of the building where he knows he can find Maeve, well, it’s far warmer than even he remembered.

It’s straight to the desk in front, a quick little conversation of meeting Maeve and being told to wait a few moments. It isn’t surprising to him, really, not with the history they have. So he waits, standing by the entrance of a doorway that leads upstairs, jacket draped over a pale arm alongside his scarf, gaze following the decor along the inside until Maeve comes to greet him.
the flood
Love is like a circle, there's no easy way to end
totally sniped from odd ilu
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
If I hold up hell, will you take the blame?
Put the devil’s tongue on my middle name
She's expecting him to visit, but not so soon. As such, she's in the middle of another meeting when he arrives. He only has to wait a few minutes before she's coming to meet him, a soft smile on her lips as she extends her hand to the Flood as she reaches the bottom of the steps. "Sunjata, it's nice to see you." She murmurs, not daring to bring up the real topic of conversation while they were out in the open. This was a matter to be discussed behind closed doors for the time being.

Maeve takes his hand, blinking as his scent suddenly drifts towards her, tickling her nose. She breathes in deeply. It's a mix of sandalwood, sea salt, lavender, and something else that she can't place, but it makes her tongue water. Her pupils dilate, swallowing up the jade of her irises as she looks up at him, lips parting for the span of a breath before she remembers herself. That's new. "Come... Let's go to my office." Maeve breathes, giving his hand a squeeze and tugging him up the stairs, slipping back into her work space before closing the door behind him. "Where should we start?"
Maeve
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
It doesn’t take her very long to free up her office and the second she starts to stride toward him, he draws up more fully, giving her a bright smile, crooked as usual given the scar tissue that’s carved through some of the muscle there. “It’s good to see you too, Maeve.” He murmurs, taking her hand easily into his own scarred one, lacing his fingers into her own as she guides him up – he thinks nothing of the hesitation nor the dilation of her pupils, he hasn’t fully understood the abilities given to him by Frey yet.

But she’s guiding him up the stairs and he flashes her that easy smile again, waiting until they’re in her office and the door shuts behind them. “Well, I was hoping of hosting an event here about the safe haven Frey and I are working on… But I wanted to check with you before doing anything.” He murmurs, not quite letting go of her hand yet but when he does his fingertips trail along her palm as he withdraws, turning slightly to drape his jacket and scarf over the armrest.
the flood
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
His smile is just as light and bright as the last time she saw him. The news of what happened with Nate reached her shortly after it all happened and she can only assume that things are right for him once more. The Nightshade smiles back just as easily, lacing their fingers together, tugging him up the stairs more like she would a client at the Halenani than someone she's having a meeting with. She doesn't give it much thought, however. It's simply how they are. "I'm assuming things are well? You don't look like you're falling apart at the seams." The queen teases lightly, shooting him a look over her shoulder as they climb the stairs, opening the door and stepping inside only to lock it behind them once more.

He brushes his fingers across her palm, not releasing her completely as she guides them to sit on the settee. Maeve sits, crossing her legs and tugging him down beside her, leaning lightly against the back of the seat. Her thumb brushes across the tops of his knuckles absentmindedly, simply enjoying the contact, mind flitting to Harper working somewhere in the building, a slight smile curling on her lips at the thought of him. Maeve takes a breath, turning her attention back to him as his scent assaults her again, "I wouldn't be opposed to that... Can you tell me more about it?" The Nightshade asks, genuine curiosity coloring her voice.
Maeve
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Not at the moment, no.” Sunjata responds with a quiet huff of a laugh. As far as he’s concerned, the seams are stitched back together – still tender, of course – but stitched just enough that he can wear his mask of ease far better than he ever had before. Part of that is because of Frey, given that he was no longer under Safrin’s thumb of influence, of wondering when the next moment would be that he would be faced with discussing his husband. Frey was like a breath of fresh air, one he took over and over again with relief, comfort, content.

The fact is that Nate is back for the moment, but the safe haven would separate them once more. It’s something he has to get used to, has to swallow the pill of it. He’s already dealt with his crisis about it, now choosing to not think about it until the moment comes. So he sits beside her easily as she tugs him down, that same crooked smile playing on his face as her thumb brushes soft strokes along his knuckles.

His head tilts slightly as he regards her, nodding as he leans forward a bit into her space as she leans back, the hand not connected to hers lifts to gesture. “It’s a space in King’s End that Frey and I are working together to make. A neutral zone where abilities and magic and upgrades and the like all won’t work within it, but it will be hidden and safe for anyone that wishes to enter it. The only thing is that… They won’t be able to leave until the war is over, until it’s safe again.” He’s hoping that covers the bigger questions, leaving it open ended for her to ask her own so he can dive into the details on whichever part lingered with question for her more.
the flood
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
It's difficult at times for Maeve to wrap her head around the things that Sunjata went through with Safrin. That feeling of being trapped. The Nightshade hasn't had the same experience with the herald that he has, but then again, no one else was vying for her attention the way that Nate had stolen Sunjata's. Gods, her current lover was a follower of her goddess, as well. There was nothing for Safrin to be unhappy with. Not when Maeve was as utterly devoted as she could be. Not when she'd done all that had been asked of her thus far without complaint.

Her curiosity remains bright in her eyes, brow arched as he leans into her space, that same scent permeating the air. It's hard to concentrate, flashes of the last couple of weeks with Harper flitting through her head, making her pulse race as she realizes that the scent she's smelling belongs to the councilman, but somehow clings to Sunjata's skin.

Only when he begins to explain does she manage to focus, "What made you decided that they couldn't leave? Can they still be contacted there?" Maeve asks, head cocking to the side, causing her curls to shift and fall over her shoulder as her brows pinch together in thought.
Maeve
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
His steel gaze drifts along her face as he awaits her question, a soft sound leaving him as he shakes his head. “I didn’t decide it.” He offers in case it helps. “Frey made the decision. We’d be isolated but safe and I imagine it’s due to protecting those within it. Many will have to learn to live life without their magic and abilities and restructure things as best they can. It’s a steep learning curve but I believe we can do it.” Sunjata’s done it. Hell, he was born in a place that had no magic or gods or anything of that nature.

He leans back to give her a bit of space, free hand running through the short crop of hair until it rests at the base of his neck. “It also means that we won’t know what it’s like outside of it.” He won’t know how Nate is faring, but at the very least he’ll be able to ensure his twins are alright. Kamaria, on the other hand, safely tucked away with Ronin as far as Sunjata knew. The last he’d seen of her had been the day she denounced him for his betrayal of Safrin, left with Ronin when Safrin had gotten all sorts of ideas mixed into her mind.

It’s not ideal, I know, but… I’m trying to help in the only way I can so far. It was either this or only myself tucked away as per my agreement with Frey.” And this way he follows their own wish. To keep life continuing on.
the flood
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve listens, hands settling in her lap as she watches him speak, nodding along occasionally. "I suppose that would be the safest option for everyone if it's meant to be truly neutral." The Nightshade agrees softly, jade eyes flicking up to his as she offers him a soft smile, Safrin's words swimming in her head from her last visit to the shrine.

"You may hold your meeting here. I want my people to have the opprotunity for true safety and exemption from the war if that's what they desire." The queen finally says, making to stand and extending her hand to Sunjata, helping him to stand as she leads him towards the door. "Give Nate my best." And with that, she ushers him out the door before things can even have the chance to escalate, knowing it's for the best.

~FIN <3~
Maeve